Interesting Wednesday - 01/13/2021 GAME THREAD

Moderators: zimpy27, KingDavid, jamaalstar21, infinite11285, BombsquadSammy, ken6199, Domejandro, bwgood77, Dirk

Pick the winners

Poll ended at Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:48 pm

Nets
8
18%
Knicks
2
4%
Grizzlies
6
13%
Timberwolves
3
7%
Lakers
8
18%
Thunder
1
2%
Pelicans
2
4%
Clippers
6
13%
Trail Blazers
6
13%
Kings
3
7%
 
Total votes: 45

User avatar
Young Stapler
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,508
And1: 3,716
Joined: Feb 04, 2019
 

Re: Interesting Wednesday - 01/13/2021 GAME THREAD 

Post#161 » by Young Stapler » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:04 am

Another good one in Sac
User avatar
Tracymcgoaty
General Manager
Posts: 8,598
And1: 7,626
Joined: Dec 21, 2015
   

Re: Interesting Wednesday - 01/13/2021 GAME THREAD 

Post#162 » by Tracymcgoaty » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:06 am

I see Hart still cant shoot for ****.
“Listen man, thank you Kobe for giving me my roses while I’m still here on this earth,” McGrady said. “He was, listen, I came in, I used to stay at this man’s house. I just knew how gifted he was gonna be, And he just brought the best out of me.
User avatar
Kalela
General Manager
Posts: 8,231
And1: 6,819
Joined: May 16, 2011
Location: Ainge is **** at drafting.
   

Re: Interesting Wednesday - 01/13/2021 GAME THREAD 

Post#163 » by Kalela » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:10 am

I had NAW as rookie of the year last season. I was way off. I am surprised it look him this long to show out though. He is a real talent.
r0drig0lac
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,636
And1: 4,341
Joined: Dec 24, 2015
 

Re: Interesting Wednesday - 01/13/2021 GAME THREAD 

Post#164 » by r0drig0lac » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:17 am

dat ball movement
User avatar
Tracymcgoaty
General Manager
Posts: 8,598
And1: 7,626
Joined: Dec 21, 2015
   

Re: Interesting Wednesday - 01/13/2021 GAME THREAD 

Post#165 » by Tracymcgoaty » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:18 am

Clippers shooting an absurd percentage from 3. PG is shooting like 50% for the season or something.
“Listen man, thank you Kobe for giving me my roses while I’m still here on this earth,” McGrady said. “He was, listen, I came in, I used to stay at this man’s house. I just knew how gifted he was gonna be, And he just brought the best out of me.
User avatar
Young Stapler
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,508
And1: 3,716
Joined: Feb 04, 2019
 

Re: Interesting Wednesday - 01/13/2021 GAME THREAD 

Post#166 » by Young Stapler » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:20 am

Haliburton with the floater O_O

Sent from my SM-N960U using RealGM mobile app
RipPizzaGuy
RealGM
Posts: 10,471
And1: 6,390
Joined: Sep 17, 2010
     

Re: Interesting Wednesday - 01/13/2021 GAME THREAD 

Post#167 » by RipPizzaGuy » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:23 am

Blazers just allowed to go over the back on every single rebound. The refs have been an absolute joke this 4th quarter

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using RealGM mobile app
Roy The Natural
General Manager
Posts: 8,308
And1: 4,178
Joined: Nov 07, 2014

Re: Interesting Wednesday - 01/13/2021 GAME THREAD 

Post#168 » by Roy The Natural » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:25 am

RipPizzaGuy wrote:Blazers just allowed to go over the back on every single rebound. The refs have been an absolute joke this 4th quarter

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using RealGM mobile app


Meh... Sac was getting giftwrapped fouls in the 3rd.
RipPizzaGuy
RealGM
Posts: 10,471
And1: 6,390
Joined: Sep 17, 2010
     

Re: Interesting Wednesday - 01/13/2021 GAME THREAD 

Post#169 » by RipPizzaGuy » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:27 am

Roy The Natural wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:Blazers just allowed to go over the back on every single rebound. The refs have been an absolute joke this 4th quarter

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using RealGM mobile app


Meh... Sac was getting giftwrapped fouls in the 3rd.
Aside from the fact that Nurkic shoulda fouled out midway thru the 4th.. that isn't an excuse. The refs completely killed any flow the kings had in the 4th

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using RealGM mobile app
Roy The Natural
General Manager
Posts: 8,308
And1: 4,178
Joined: Nov 07, 2014

Re: Interesting Wednesday - 01/13/2021 GAME THREAD 

Post#170 » by Roy The Natural » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:28 am

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
Roy The Natural wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:Blazers just allowed to go over the back on every single rebound. The refs have been an absolute joke this 4th quarter

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using RealGM mobile app


Meh... Sac was getting giftwrapped fouls in the 3rd.
Aside from the fact that Nurkic shoulda fouled out midway thru the 4th.. that isn't an excuse. The refs completely killed any flow the kings had in the 4th

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using RealGM mobile app


They completely killed flow most of the second half for both teams. This wasn't the refs. Kings missed a lot of good looks in the second half and gave up 2 20 point leads. This wasn't the refs.
User avatar
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
Posts: 4,204
And1: 3,011
Joined: Jul 06, 2013
Location: Sacramento, CA
     

Re: Interesting Wednesday - 01/13/2021 GAME THREAD 

Post#171 » by codydaze » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:30 am

Kings just really need a difference maker on defense, we can't get stops when we need them. Dame and CJ are some bad boys though, man. Both played great games tonight.
User avatar
Young Stapler
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,508
And1: 3,716
Joined: Feb 04, 2019
 

Re: Interesting Wednesday - 01/13/2021 GAME THREAD 

Post#172 » by Young Stapler » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:31 am

Yeah CJ looking like a legit all star.

Sent from my SM-N960U using RealGM mobile app
Roy The Natural
General Manager
Posts: 8,308
And1: 4,178
Joined: Nov 07, 2014

Re: Interesting Wednesday - 01/13/2021 GAME THREAD 

Post#173 » by Roy The Natural » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:32 am

codydaze wrote:Kings just really need a difference maker on defense, we can't get stops when we need them. Dame and CJ are some bad boys though, man. Both played great games tonight.


They need to move Hield for a pair of defenders IMO.
Roy The Natural
General Manager
Posts: 8,308
And1: 4,178
Joined: Nov 07, 2014

Re: Interesting Wednesday - 01/13/2021 GAME THREAD 

Post#174 » by Roy The Natural » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:35 am

Young Stapler wrote:Yeah CJ looking like a legit all star.

Sent from my SM-N960U using RealGM mobile app


I watched the second half. He's playing a lot quicker than in the past. Taking A LOT of 3's and hitting them at the same efficiency as in the past. He's still an ill fit on this team, but it's not just statistics when watching him. He's clearly made an effort to be a better passer and get more looks from the arc.
User avatar
PaKwAn
Veteran
Posts: 2,784
And1: 1,283
Joined: Dec 04, 2007

Re: Interesting Wednesday - 01/13/2021 GAME THREAD 

Post#175 » by PaKwAn » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:36 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
Barnzy wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
How are the Lakers "loaded with wing defenders" lol.

Caruso, KCP and Wes Matthews will get absolutely destroyed by Harden and Kyrie. None of those guys have any real chance of slowing them down.



Lmao. Caruso gives Harden fits every time he's matched up with him


Harden put up 30/7/5 on 50/38/84 in that series. He did nothing LMAO

Totally gave him fits!

And thats playing with Westbrick rather than two other efficient players who can shoot.


Without Caruso though Harden would have averaged 31/7/5 on 51/39/85 shooting in that series...so yeah, he gave him fits.
User avatar
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
Posts: 4,204
And1: 3,011
Joined: Jul 06, 2013
Location: Sacramento, CA
     

Re: Interesting Wednesday - 01/13/2021 GAME THREAD 

Post#176 » by codydaze » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:38 am

Roy The Natural wrote:
codydaze wrote:Kings just really need a difference maker on defense, we can't get stops when we need them. Dame and CJ are some bad boys though, man. Both played great games tonight.


They need to move Hield for a pair of defenders IMO.


Honestly, I'm not in a rush to compete this year so I'm just praying Evan Mobley finds a way to Sacramento. I think he would help this team a ton.
Roy The Natural
General Manager
Posts: 8,308
And1: 4,178
Joined: Nov 07, 2014

Re: Interesting Wednesday - 01/13/2021 GAME THREAD 

Post#177 » by Roy The Natural » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:41 am

codydaze wrote:
Roy The Natural wrote:
codydaze wrote:Kings just really need a difference maker on defense, we can't get stops when we need them. Dame and CJ are some bad boys though, man. Both played great games tonight.


They need to move Hield for a pair of defenders IMO.


Honestly, I'm not in a rush to compete this year so I'm just praying Evan Mobley finds a way to Sacramento. I think he would help this team a ton.


I think that's the prudent move. Don't rush it. Get another big talent and aim for playoff contention next year, and an open window the year after if things work out.
BNM
Starter
Posts: 2,102
And1: 2,437
Joined: Jun 28, 2016

Re: Interesting Wednesday - 01/13/2021 GAME THREAD 

Post#178 » by BNM » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:44 am

POR starting backcourt tonight: 68 points, 23 assists, 1 turnover. That's taking care of the ball!

If you add in POR's third guard, Gary Trent Jr. it becomes 84 points, 27 assists, 5 steals, 1 turnover.

Damian Lillard became the first player in NBA history to go for 40 points with at least 13 assists to commit zero turnovers.
Yuri36
Pro Prospect
Posts: 871
And1: 536
Joined: Feb 03, 2019

Re: Interesting Wednesday - 01/13/2021 GAME THREAD 

Post#179 » by Yuri36 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:27 am

NoZoLakers wrote:
KhalilS wrote:Good game by the Mavs, Luka is my pick for MVP at this point.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

the guy leading a team with best record so far isnt the pick?


Lebron had AD, who did Luka have until this game where KP finally came back?
Brooklyn91
Senior
Posts: 649
And1: 643
Joined: Aug 19, 2019
 

Re: Interesting Wednesday - 01/13/2021 GAME THREAD 

Post#180 » by Brooklyn91 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:57 am

whatchaknow wrote:
GSP wrote:Joe Harris is the definition of solid. What a valuable role player to have on your team. Unlike almost every other elite white shooter in the league he can defend too. Not elite but he has defensive skills. Great finisher and cutter, doesnt only settle for 3s. Sneaky midrange



Unfortunately he will be underutilized on the nets. He’s got elite role player potential

I think Austin rivers could be a solid pickup for a few contending teams if Knicks try and get some value

Harden about to turn Joe Harris into Klay Thompson 2.0

Return to The General Board