LeBron should get credit for winning with Kyrie

Moderators: zimpy27, KingDavid, jamaalstar21, infinite11285, BombsquadSammy, ken6199, Domejandro, bwgood77, Dirk

Homer38
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,281
And1: 5,231
Joined: Dec 04, 2013

Re: LeBron should get credit for winning with Kyrie 

Post#21 » by Homer38 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:54 pm

israelfirst wrote:kyrie saved lebron in that finals. lebron would have an even worse nba finals record without kyrie to save him



Kyrie would never make the finals in his career without LBJ....And what about the legendary block by LBJ after a horrible shot by Kyrie at the end in game 7....
Alatan
Analyst
Posts: 3,533
And1: 2,887
Joined: May 06, 2017

Re: LeBron should get credit for winning with Kyrie 

Post#22 » by Alatan » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:54 pm

donnieme wrote:
Alatan wrote:Maybe Lebron is the reason Kyrie is this way. He saw LBJ getting his way everywhere he goes so he thinks its how it should be with him too.

Yeah and Lebron also gave Kyrie his first cigarette joint and introduced him to smoking.

We're talking about grown men here


We are talking about Kyrie Irving here. And Irving was still young when he was playing with Diva LBJ.
Homer38
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,281
And1: 5,231
Joined: Dec 04, 2013

Re: LeBron should get credit for winning with Kyrie 

Post#23 » by Homer38 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:55 pm

Lunartic wrote:Kyrie's ego grew after winnign the title with Lebron. If anything, Lebron turned him evil.



What?

:noway: :noway: :noway:
BlackNoir
Freshman
Posts: 99
And1: 66
Joined: Oct 09, 2020

Re: LeBron should get credit for winning with Kyrie 

Post#24 » by BlackNoir » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:57 pm

Bornstellar wrote:
BlackNoir wrote:Weak take, you realize that Kyrie won him that ring right? He played lights out that finals and was clutch with Lebum was mediocre.
Also helps to have Curry hurt and DPOY out with a bogus suspension.


See what I mean with this clownish take?

29.7/11/9/2.6/2.3 on 49% shooting (this is considered "mediocre?" LMAO)

vs

27/4/4/2/1 on 47% shooting


Yeah, Kyrie totally won LeBron that ring by underperforming him in every facet :crazy:


You need to rewatch son, it was Kyrie with all the clutch and 4th qtr buckets/penetration.
Homer38
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,281
And1: 5,231
Joined: Dec 04, 2013

Re: LeBron should get credit for winning with Kyrie 

Post#25 » by Homer38 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:59 pm

BlackNoir wrote:
Bornstellar wrote:
BlackNoir wrote:Weak take, you realize that Kyrie won him that ring right? He played lights out that finals and was clutch with Lebum was mediocre.
Also helps to have Curry hurt and DPOY out with a bogus suspension.


See what I mean with this clownish take?

29.7/11/9/2.6/2.3 on 49% shooting (this is considered "mediocre?" LMAO)

vs

27/4/4/2/1 on 47% shooting


Yeah, Kyrie totally won LeBron that ring by underperforming him in every facet :crazy:


You need to rewatch son, it was Kyrie with all the clutch and 4th qtr buckets/penetration.


Kyrie make only 2 shots in the fourth quarter in game 7....LBJ had like 26 points combined in game 6 and 7 in the fourth quarter with great defense....
BlackNoir
Freshman
Posts: 99
And1: 66
Joined: Oct 09, 2020

Re: LeBron should get credit for winning with Kyrie 

Post#26 » by BlackNoir » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:00 pm

Optms wrote:
BlackNoir wrote:Weak take, you realize that Kyrie won him that ring right? He played lights out that finals and was clutch with Lebum was mediocre.
Also helps to have Curry hurt and DPOY out with a bogus suspension.


If it wasn't for Lebron, Kyrie would still be selling meat out of truck in Minneapolis.

Lebron made 8 straight Finals. Pay your blessings and keep it moving.


8 Finals in the weakest Conference on the planet, making the finals in the East is like making the playoffs in the West. Doesn't mean much, and half of those are with the super team he created after colluding with his buddies.
donnieme
Starter
Posts: 2,487
And1: 3,307
Joined: Feb 27, 2012

Re: LeBron should get credit for winning with Kyrie 

Post#27 » by donnieme » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:01 pm

Alatan wrote:
donnieme wrote:
Alatan wrote:Maybe Lebron is the reason Kyrie is this way. He saw LBJ getting his way everywhere he goes so he thinks its how it should be with him too.

Yeah and Lebron also gave Kyrie his first cigarette joint and introduced him to smoking.

We're talking about grown men here


We are talking about Kyrie Irving here. And Irving was still young when he was playing with Diva LBJ.

Will let a Cav fan weigh in but Kyrie was always eccentric. Before Lebron joined there was already lockerroom dysfunction incidents with Kyrie, Waiters and co. Cav fans were split between Kyrie and Dion. Meanwhile Lebron has won with Dwight, Rondo, Chris Andersen, JR Smith, Waiters. Lebron is a successful knucklehead rehabilitation center that couldn't help even Kyrie
User avatar
Tracymcgoaty
General Manager
Posts: 8,629
And1: 7,647
Joined: Dec 21, 2015
   

Re: LeBron should get credit for winning with Kyrie 

Post#28 » by Tracymcgoaty » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:02 pm

Homer38 wrote:
Lunartic wrote:Kyrie's ego grew after winnign the title with Lebron. If anything, Lebron turned him evil.



What?

:noway: :noway: :noway:


I second what Lunartic said. Lebron Turned Kai evil.

Le-evil
“Listen man, thank you Kobe for giving me my roses while I’m still here on this earth,” McGrady said. “He was, listen, I came in, I used to stay at this man’s house. I just knew how gifted he was gonna be, And he just brought the best out of me.
dlts20
RealGM
Posts: 11,026
And1: 4,417
Joined: Dec 14, 2006

Re: LeBron should get credit for winning with Kyrie 

Post#29 » by dlts20 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:04 pm

BlackNoir wrote:Weak take, you realize that Kyrie won him that ring right? He played lights out that finals and was clutch with Lebum was mediocre.
Also helps to have Curry hurt and DPOY out with a bogus suspension.

Lmao. This is actually the weak take. How come he hasn't come close to winning anyone else a title. Lebron won 2 games in the finals the previous year with Delly as the next best player. Lebron was clearly the best player and lead dog even with Kyrie
User avatar
Raps in 4
RealGM
Posts: 48,607
And1: 36,080
Joined: Nov 01, 2008
Location: Toronto
 

Re: LeBron should get credit for winning with Kyrie 

Post#30 » by Raps in 4 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:05 pm

That was by far the most impressive title of his career. Kyrie and Love were good players, but not great (plus you have the drama around Kyrie).
SuperPawgHunter
Sophomore
Posts: 113
And1: 90
Joined: Sep 28, 2018

Re: LeBron should get credit for winning with Kyrie 

Post#31 » by SuperPawgHunter » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:06 pm

No.

Kyrie was lights out that Finals.

While Lebron was the MVP, Kyrie played like an MVP. Had he won it, it would have only been a bad look because Lebron played at the level he played on.
dlts20
RealGM
Posts: 11,026
And1: 4,417
Joined: Dec 14, 2006

Re: LeBron should get credit for winning with Kyrie 

Post#32 » by dlts20 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:06 pm

BlackNoir wrote:
Optms wrote:
BlackNoir wrote:Weak take, you realize that Kyrie won him that ring right? He played lights out that finals and was clutch with Lebum was mediocre.
Also helps to have Curry hurt and DPOY out with a bogus suspension.


If it wasn't for Lebron, Kyrie would still be selling meat out of truck in Minneapolis.

Lebron made 8 straight Finals. Pay your blessings and keep it moving.


8 Finals in the weakest Conference on the planet, making the finals in the East is like making the playoffs in the West. Doesn't mean much, and half of those are with the super team he created after colluding with his buddies.
dude went 12-3 against the west in the playoffs last year... Lol
SuperPawgHunter
Sophomore
Posts: 113
And1: 90
Joined: Sep 28, 2018

Re: LeBron should get credit for winning with Kyrie 

Post#33 » by SuperPawgHunter » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:08 pm

Raps in 4 wrote:That was by far the most impressive title of his career. Kyrie and Love were good players, but not great (plus you have the drama around Kyrie).


Dude, Kyrie averaged 27ppg, had a 41 point game, and hit the game winning shot. He shot 47 from the field and 40 percent from from three. What do you MEAN he wasn't great? That was an MVP caliber performance. Lebron was simply more deserving.

Now, Kevin Love ... maybe. Kyrie beasted that series.
Sedale Threatt
RealGM
Posts: 39,796
And1: 26,313
Joined: Feb 06, 2007
Location: Clearing space in the trophy case.

Re: LeBron should get credit for winning with Kyrie 

Post#34 » by Sedale Threatt » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:08 pm

Homer38 wrote:
BlackNoir wrote:
Bornstellar wrote:
See what I mean with this clownish take?

29.7/11/9/2.6/2.3 on 49% shooting (this is considered "mediocre?" LMAO)

vs

27/4/4/2/1 on 47% shooting


Yeah, Kyrie totally won LeBron that ring by underperforming him in every facet :crazy:


You need to rewatch son, it was Kyrie with all the clutch and 4th qtr buckets/penetration.


Kyrie make only 2 shots in the fourth quarter in game 7....LBJ had like 26 points combined in game 6 and 7 in the fourth quarter with great defense....


28 points, to be exact, plus 5 assists, plus one of the greatest defensive plays in NBA history. But hey, who's counting?
"I’m intelligent. Some people would say I’m very, very, very intelligent." - Donald Trump

"Suck it, and keep on sucking" - Diego Maradona
Mk0
RealGM
Posts: 13,186
And1: 6,953
Joined: Jul 02, 2010
   

Re: LeBron should get credit for winning with Kyrie 

Post#35 » by Mk0 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:09 pm

jg77 wrote:I think Kyrie was a bit different before the chip.

He mentioned in an interview that it was basically "out of the way" and he didn't have to worry about it anymore. He was kind of like, cool, I can to do anything now.

* to paraphrase
** I will try to find the quote later (I am at work right now)
User avatar
Raps in 4
RealGM
Posts: 48,607
And1: 36,080
Joined: Nov 01, 2008
Location: Toronto
 

Re: LeBron should get credit for winning with Kyrie 

Post#36 » by Raps in 4 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:10 pm

SuperPawgHunter wrote:
Raps in 4 wrote:That was by far the most impressive title of his career. Kyrie and Love were good players, but not great (plus you have the drama around Kyrie).


Dude, Kyrie averaged 27ppg, had a 41 point game, and hit the game winning shot. He shot 47 from the field and 40 percent from from three. What do you MEAN he wasn't great? That was an MVP caliber performance. Lebron was simply more deserving.

Now, Kevin Love ... maybe. Kyrie beasted that series.


Kyrie was great that series, but he's still only a top-20 player.
LivingLegend
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,877
And1: 5,801
Joined: Jul 30, 2015

Re: LeBron should get credit for winning with Kyrie 

Post#37 » by LivingLegend » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:10 pm

jg77 wrote:I think Kyrie was a bit different before the chip.


That championship changed Kyrie. He went from one of the most likable players in the NBA to being a complete team cancer.
Kingdibs19
Junior
Posts: 324
And1: 446
Joined: Aug 30, 2019

Re: LeBron should get credit for winning with Kyrie 

Post#38 » by Kingdibs19 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:14 pm

Homer38 wrote:
BlackNoir wrote:
Bornstellar wrote:
See what I mean with this clownish take?

29.7/11/9/2.6/2.3 on 49% shooting (this is considered "mediocre?" LMAO)

vs

27/4/4/2/1 on 47% shooting

Lol @ replying to made up narratives with facts. Only in BlackNoir’s world.

Yeah, Kyrie totally won LeBron that ring by underperforming him in every facet :crazy:


You need to rewatch son, it was Kyrie with all the clutch and 4th qtr buckets/penetration.


Kyrie make only 2 shots in the fourth quarter in game 7....LBJ had like 26 points combined in game 6 and 7 in the fourth quarter with great defense....


Lol @ replying with facts to BlackNoirs made up narratives.
BlackNoir
Freshman
Posts: 99
And1: 66
Joined: Oct 09, 2020

Re: LeBron should get credit for winning with Kyrie 

Post#39 » by BlackNoir » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:18 pm

dlts20 wrote:
BlackNoir wrote:
Optms wrote:
If it wasn't for Lebron, Kyrie would still be selling meat out of truck in Minneapolis.

Lebron made 8 straight Finals. Pay your blessings and keep it moving.


8 Finals in the weakest Conference on the planet, making the finals in the East is like making the playoffs in the West. Doesn't mean much, and half of those are with the super team he created after colluding with his buddies.
dude went 12-3 against the west in the playoffs last year... Lol


LMAO, last year? Bubble year ***
Teams hadn't played for months, no traveling across country, Warriors depleted and he was carried by Unibrow.
Another lame argument, ya'll need to stop swinging from his nut hairs..
TheHardenChoke
Junior
Posts: 322
And1: 475
Joined: Aug 06, 2020

Re: LeBron should get credit for winning with Kyrie 

Post#40 » by TheHardenChoke » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:19 pm

Kyrie averaged nearly 30ppg in the finals, hit the bail out shot and helped carry the team all season.

Get out of here with these weak clown takes...how embarrassing

Return to The General Board