LeBron should get credit for winning with Kyrie

Moderators: zimpy27, KingDavid, jamaalstar21, infinite11285, BombsquadSammy, ken6199, Domejandro, bwgood77, Dirk

User avatar
Optms
RealGM
Posts: 17,579
And1: 11,326
Joined: Jun 11, 2009
 

Re: LeBron should get credit for winning with Kyrie 

Post#41 » by Optms » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:20 pm

BlackNoir wrote:
dlts20 wrote:
BlackNoir wrote:
8 Finals in the weakest Conference on the planet, making the finals in the East is like making the playoffs in the West. Doesn't mean much, and half of those are with the super team he created after colluding with his buddies.
dude went 12-3 against the west in the playoffs last year... Lol


LMAO, last year? Bubble year ***
Teams hadn't played for months, no traveling across country, Warriors depleted and he was carried by Unibrow.
Another lame argument, ya'll need to stop swinging from his nut hairs..


:noway: All these mental gymnastic loops you're jumping through to dismiss the King's accomplishments, meanwhile Kyrie has a big mac and stale fries to show for his day's work.
theforumblue
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,978
And1: 1,536
Joined: Feb 18, 2012

Re: LeBron should get credit for winning with Kyrie 

Post#42 » by theforumblue » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:23 pm

Kyrie the basketball player became Kyrie the Basketball Genius with the finals performance. and obviously His Artistry then needed to be shared unhindered by Lebron the Overshadower, not just in basketball but in other areas because you see, basketball was just one of the small ways his Genius and Artistry expressed itself, there's actually so much more that pawns simply need to realize and appreciate.
screw these absolute garbage refs
Bornstellar
Starter
Posts: 2,324
And1: 4,983
Joined: Mar 05, 2018
 

Re: LeBron should get credit for winning with Kyrie 

Post#43 » by Bornstellar » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:33 pm

TheHardenChoke wrote:Kyrie averaged nearly 30ppg in the finals, hit the bail out shot and helped carry the team all season.

Get out of here with these weak clown takes...how embarrassing


And LeBron averaged more points, rebounds, assists, steals, blocks, shot a better percentage, etc. Stop trying to distill an entire series down to one shot, it's embarrassing
lautreamont
Sophomore
Posts: 201
And1: 194
Joined: Dec 30, 2019

Re: LeBron should get credit for winning with Kyrie 

Post#44 » by lautreamont » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:59 pm

israelfirst wrote:kyrie saved lebron in that finals. lebron would have an even worse nba finals record without kyrie to save him


Pfft. Kyrie has never accomplished anything for a team except when he played with Lebron. Who do you think opened up all those shots for Kyrie?
art_tatum
Senior
Posts: 574
And1: 421
Joined: Jun 01, 2018
 

Re: LeBron should get credit for winning with Kyrie 

Post#45 » by art_tatum » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:05 pm

He should get credit for keeping kyrie in check mostly.
But kryie is a talentttt when in check. No way the cavs win 2016 with ANY other pg. The warriroe couldn't stop Irving one on one in the last 3 games. When I watched them I was way more fearful of Irving, since lebron will always just do lebron stuff.
G35
RealGM
Posts: 20,224
And1: 5,771
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
     

Re: LeBron should get credit for winning with Kyrie 

Post#46 » by G35 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:05 pm

HypeMode wrote:So many people give an asterisk to LeBron's Cleveland title because he played with 2* All-stars. In reality, he should get extra credit for being the only player or team who has been able to win with Kyrie. Cleveland pre-LeBron couldn't win with Kyrie. Boston couldn't win Kyrie. Brooklyn can't win with Kyrie. LeBron is the only one has been able to figure out how to at least temporarily turn Kyrie into a winning basketball team.

We never heard a peep about Kyrie being disgruntled with LeBron because he wouldn't tolerate that crap. He leaves Cleveland and all of a sudden he is a problem child again. It can't be a coincidence that Boston made 3 conference finals without Kyrie and we never heard a word about locker room issues during those years. Kyrie plays one year and its the worst locker room and they win less games than normal.



Watch this video of the last 3:39 of the G7. These are the relevant elements:

- Lebron makes ZERO field goals and goes 1-2 from the FT line
- Curry is just as bad fouling Lebron on a rebound and he cannot shake Kevin Love's perimeter defense and the worst was the bad pass he gave Iguodola allowing for Lebron to make his one good contribution and block the shot
- Draymond did nothing in those last 3:39
- Kyrie hit the ONLY shot in the last 3:39 of the game a one on one vs Curry for the dagger 3

What is also interesting to note is how Lebron deferred to Kyrie on offense. Lebron got two chances to run the offense and missed a a layup, passed the ball down to Kevin Love on the block and other than that Lebron disappeared on offense.

Lebron gave the ball up to Kyrie and let him run the offense for the most important CLUTCH moments of that season. It was not just the last five seconds or ten seconds. It was the last three minutes and Lebron pretty much did nothing on offense and barely made one free throw. Watch the game not your feelings

I'm so tired of the typical......
art_tatum
Senior
Posts: 574
And1: 421
Joined: Jun 01, 2018
 

Re: LeBron should get credit for winning with Kyrie 

Post#47 » by art_tatum » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:08 pm

G35 wrote:
HypeMode wrote:So many people give an asterisk to LeBron's Cleveland title because he played with 2* All-stars. In reality, he should get extra credit for being the only player or team who has been able to win with Kyrie. Cleveland pre-LeBron couldn't win with Kyrie. Boston couldn't win Kyrie. Brooklyn can't win with Kyrie. LeBron is the only one has been able to figure out how to at least temporarily turn Kyrie into a winning basketball team.

We never heard a peep about Kyrie being disgruntled with LeBron because he wouldn't tolerate that crap. He leaves Cleveland and all of a sudden he is a problem child again. It can't be a coincidence that Boston made 3 conference finals without Kyrie and we never heard a word about locker room issues during those years. Kyrie plays one year and its the worst locker room and they win less games than normal.



Watch this video of the last 3:39 of the G7. These are the relevant elements:

- Lebron makes ZERO field goals and goes 1-2 from the FT line
- Curry is just as bad fouling Lebron on a rebound and he cannot shake Kevin Love's perimeter defense and the worst was the bad pass he gave Iguodola allowing for Lebron to make his one good contribution and block the shot
- Draymond did nothing in those last 3:39
- Kyrie hit the ONLY shot in the last 3:39 of the game a one on one vs Curry for the dagger 3

What is also interesting to note is how Lebron deferred to Kyrie on offense. Lebron got two chances to run the offense and missed a a layup, passed the ball down to Kevin Love on the block and other than that Lebron disappeared on offense.

Lebron gave the ball up to Kyrie and let him run the offense for the most important CLUTCH moments of that season. It was not just the last five seconds or ten seconds. It was the last three minutes and Lebron pretty much did nothing on offense and barely made one free throw. Watch the game not your feelings



Lebron bricked twice in the final minutes. Has the important block tho.
Irving kept dicing up the warriors before the final 3 mins too. Also games 5-7 took over in the 4th. With jr smith in game 5.
Kyrie is super talented when engaged.
User avatar
TRik
Rookie
Posts: 1,180
And1: 1,161
Joined: Aug 19, 2020
 

Re: LeBron should get credit for winning with Kyrie 

Post#48 » by TRik » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:20 pm

Please, Kyrie was playing the best basketball of his career back then. Lebron needed Kyrie.
BlackNoir
Sophomore
Posts: 119
And1: 75
Joined: Oct 09, 2020

Re: LeBron should get credit for winning with Kyrie 

Post#49 » by BlackNoir » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:33 pm

Optms wrote:
BlackNoir wrote:
dlts20 wrote:dude went 12-3 against the west in the playoffs last year... Lol


LMAO, last year? Bubble year ***
Teams hadn't played for months, no traveling across country, Warriors depleted and he was carried by Unibrow.
Another lame argument, ya'll need to stop swinging from his nut hairs..


:noway: All these mental gymnastic loops you're jumping through to dismiss the King's accomplishments, meanwhile Kyrie has a big mac and stale fries to show for his day's work.



the King?? King of what? riding other superstars cotails..
stop swinging..
D.Brasco
General Manager
Posts: 7,582
And1: 5,521
Joined: Nov 17, 2006

Re: LeBron should get credit for winning with Kyrie 

Post#50 » by D.Brasco » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:35 pm

israelfirst wrote:kyrie saved lebron in that finals. lebron would have an even worse nba finals record without kyrie to save him


LeBron did as much as humanly possible in that series. But of course criticize him for having to use teammates to win. I believe MJ won his rings playing 1 on 5.

Image
Homer38
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,363
And1: 5,312
Joined: Dec 04, 2013

Re: LeBron should get credit for winning with Kyrie 

Post#51 » by Homer38 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:42 pm

art_tatum wrote:
G35 wrote:
HypeMode wrote:So many people give an asterisk to LeBron's Cleveland title because he played with 2* All-stars. In reality, he should get extra credit for being the only player or team who has been able to win with Kyrie. Cleveland pre-LeBron couldn't win with Kyrie. Boston couldn't win Kyrie. Brooklyn can't win with Kyrie. LeBron is the only one has been able to figure out how to at least temporarily turn Kyrie into a winning basketball team.

We never heard a peep about Kyrie being disgruntled with LeBron because he wouldn't tolerate that crap. He leaves Cleveland and all of a sudden he is a problem child again. It can't be a coincidence that Boston made 3 conference finals without Kyrie and we never heard a word about locker room issues during those years. Kyrie plays one year and its the worst locker room and they win less games than normal.



Watch this video of the last 3:39 of the G7. These are the relevant elements:

- Lebron makes ZERO field goals and goes 1-2 from the FT line
- Curry is just as bad fouling Lebron on a rebound and he cannot shake Kevin Love's perimeter defense and the worst was the bad pass he gave Iguodola allowing for Lebron to make his one good contribution and block the shot
- Draymond did nothing in those last 3:39
- Kyrie hit the ONLY shot in the last 3:39 of the game a one on one vs Curry for the dagger 3

What is also interesting to note is how Lebron deferred to Kyrie on offense. Lebron got two chances to run the offense and missed a a layup, passed the ball down to Kevin Love on the block and other than that Lebron disappeared on offense.

Lebron gave the ball up to Kyrie and let him run the offense for the most important CLUTCH moments of that season. It was not just the last five seconds or ten seconds. It was the last three minutes and Lebron pretty much did nothing on offense and barely made one free throw. Watch the game not your feelings



Lebron bricked twice in the final minutes. Has the important block tho.
Irving kept dicing up the warriors before the final 3 mins too. Also games 5-7 took over in the 4th. With jr smith in game 5.
Kyrie is super talented when engaged.


True for game 5,but game 6 Kyrie had only 1 point(17 for LBJ) and in game 7,LBJ had 11 points in the fourth quarter(3-8 and 4-5 in free throw) vs 5 for Kyrie(2-6)
donnieme
Veteran
Posts: 2,567
And1: 3,414
Joined: Feb 27, 2012

Re: LeBron should get credit for winning with Kyrie 

Post#52 » by donnieme » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:45 pm

G35 wrote:
HypeMode wrote:So many people give an asterisk to LeBron's Cleveland title because he played with 2* All-stars. In reality, he should get extra credit for being the only player or team who has been able to win with Kyrie. Cleveland pre-LeBron couldn't win with Kyrie. Boston couldn't win Kyrie. Brooklyn can't win with Kyrie. LeBron is the only one has been able to figure out how to at least temporarily turn Kyrie into a winning basketball team.

We never heard a peep about Kyrie being disgruntled with LeBron because he wouldn't tolerate that crap. He leaves Cleveland and all of a sudden he is a problem child again. It can't be a coincidence that Boston made 3 conference finals without Kyrie and we never heard a word about locker room issues during those years. Kyrie plays one year and its the worst locker room and they win less games than normal.



Watch this video of the last 3:39 of the G7. These are the relevant elements:

- Lebron makes ZERO field goals and goes 1-2 from the FT line
- Curry is just as bad fouling Lebron on a rebound and he cannot shake Kevin Love's perimeter defense and the worst was the bad pass he gave Iguodola allowing for Lebron to make his one good contribution and block the shot
- Draymond did nothing in those last 3:39
- Kyrie hit the ONLY shot in the last 3:39 of the game a one on one vs Curry for the dagger 3

What is also interesting to note is how Lebron deferred to Kyrie on offense. Lebron got two chances to run the offense and missed a a layup, passed the ball down to Kevin Love on the block and other than that Lebron disappeared on offense.

Lebron gave the ball up to Kyrie and let him run the offense for the most important CLUTCH moments of that season. It was not just the last five seconds or ten seconds. It was the last three minutes and Lebron pretty much did nothing on offense and barely made one free throw. Watch the game not your feelings


Interestingly you also seem to have watched it with some bias. No doubt they were all awful but that included Kyrie. He airballed a floater so bad that the Warriors had the breakaway that would lead to the Lebron Iggy block, on the possession Lebron got those freethrows Kyrie almost throws away the game trying to force a fastbreak when he foolishly pushes ahead into no man's land and almost throws the ball away. Also one of Lebron's bricks is a blatant missed call where Iggy pulls his hand (you definitely saw it). They were all terrible, Kyrie included but You definitely didn't watch the clip free of bias if you came away with Kyrie as the only one without flaw
art_tatum
Senior
Posts: 574
And1: 421
Joined: Jun 01, 2018
 

Re: LeBron should get credit for winning with Kyrie 

Post#53 » by art_tatum » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:47 pm

Homer38 wrote:
art_tatum wrote:
G35 wrote:

Watch this video of the last 3:39 of the G7. These are the relevant elements:

- Lebron makes ZERO field goals and goes 1-2 from the FT line
- Curry is just as bad fouling Lebron on a rebound and he cannot shake Kevin Love's perimeter defense and the worst was the bad pass he gave Iguodola allowing for Lebron to make his one good contribution and block the shot
- Draymond did nothing in those last 3:39
- Kyrie hit the ONLY shot in the last 3:39 of the game a one on one vs Curry for the dagger 3

What is also interesting to note is how Lebron deferred to Kyrie on offense. Lebron got two chances to run the offense and missed a a layup, passed the ball down to Kevin Love on the block and other than that Lebron disappeared on offense.

Lebron gave the ball up to Kyrie and let him run the offense for the most important CLUTCH moments of that season. It was not just the last five seconds or ten seconds. It was the last three minutes and Lebron pretty much did nothing on offense and barely made one free throw. Watch the game not your feelings



Lebron bricked twice in the final minutes. Has the important block tho.
Irving kept dicing up the warriors before the final 3 mins too. Also games 5-7 took over in the 4th. With jr smith in game 5.
Kyrie is super talented when engaged.


True for game 5,but game 6 Kyrie had only 1 point(17 for LBJ) and in game 7,LBJ had 11 points in the fourth quarter(3-8 and 4-5 in free throw) vs 5 for Kyrie(2-6)


Then I must have remembered wrong for game 6 and 7, he must have done more dmg in a earlier quarter. I just remember his scoring being night and day in the last few games vs the first few
G35
RealGM
Posts: 20,224
And1: 5,771
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
     

Re: LeBron should get credit for winning with Kyrie 

Post#54 » by G35 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:06 pm

D.Brasco wrote:
israelfirst wrote:kyrie saved lebron in that finals. lebron would have an even worse nba finals record without kyrie to save him


LeBron did as much as humanly possible in that series. But of course criticize him for having to use teammates to win. I believe MJ won his rings playing 1 on 5.

Image



Here we go, moving the goalposts big time.

Image

The title is "Lebron should get credit for winning with Kyrie"

And what do you mean by "use teammates"...is Lebron a user?
I'm so tired of the typical......
D.Brasco
General Manager
Posts: 7,582
And1: 5,521
Joined: Nov 17, 2006

Re: LeBron should get credit for winning with Kyrie 

Post#55 » by D.Brasco » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:04 am

G35 wrote:
D.Brasco wrote:
israelfirst wrote:kyrie saved lebron in that finals. lebron would have an even worse nba finals record without kyrie to save him


LeBron did as much as humanly possible in that series. But of course criticize him for having to use teammates to win. I believe MJ won his rings playing 1 on 5.

Image



Here we go, moving the goalposts big time.

Image

The title is "Lebron should get credit for winning with Kyrie"

And what do you mean by "use teammates"...is Lebron a user?


I responded directly to the post I quoted not the original OP. No Kyrie didn't "save" LeBron that series anymore than any FMVP has been "saved" by his teammates.
JN61
Analyst
Posts: 3,652
And1: 2,713
Joined: Jan 07, 2018
 

Re: LeBron should get credit for winning with Kyrie 

Post#56 » by JN61 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:11 am

LeBron always solely gets the credit for winning. I don't see the point of this thread. If he loses its always his teammates though.
Homer38
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,363
And1: 5,312
Joined: Dec 04, 2013

Re: LeBron should get credit for winning with Kyrie 

Post#57 » by Homer38 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:15 am

JN61 wrote:LeBron always solely gets the credit for winning. I don't see the point of this thread. If he loses its always his teammates though.



Not true for that


And why does LeBron deserve the blame (when he loses) even though he performs great?

Sometimes you lose against a better team like that happens every time LBJ has lost since 2012.Nothing wrong with that.

In the case of Durant in OKC, it was always Westbrook who had the heat ... Last year for Kawhi, it was Paul George even if Kawhi had been atrocious in game 7 (6-22 for 14 points)
User avatar
Coach Carter
Head Coach
Posts: 6,151
And1: 3,478
Joined: Apr 28, 2017
   

Re: LeBron should get credit for winning with Kyrie 

Post#58 » by Coach Carter » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:15 am

TheHardenChoke wrote:Kyrie averaged nearly 30ppg in the finals, hit the bail out shot and helped carry the team all season.

Get out of here with these weak clown takes...how embarrassing


Bron would be ring-less if he didn't have teammates like kyrie, shooters like ray allen and AD who both hit bail out shots. Both AD and kyrie would be ring-less without bron. I don't like him, but bron creates a winning situation. The praise for bron in this space is his ability to keep kyrie on a leash, take the ball out of his hands. Lebron is the best decision maker and leader in the game whilst kyrie is a poor leader with a lack of self awareness. Being stuck in bron's shadow, kyrie became unhappy and left. Credit to lebron though for managing him for as long as he did.
Petergrifindor
Senior
Posts: 505
And1: 690
Joined: Dec 31, 2018
 

Re: LeBron should get credit for winning with Kyrie 

Post#59 » by Petergrifindor » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:17 am

LOL what a demented take.

Without Kyrie Cavs would have won **** that year.
Tottery
Ballboy
Posts: 30
And1: 13
Joined: Jul 29, 2019

Re: LeBron should get credit for winning with Kyrie 

Post#60 » by Tottery » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:27 am

I think Kyrie Irving's heart was in it back then. Seems like there are other things he'd rather do now than play basketball. He won 1 chip and changed.

Return to The General Board