Do you think James Harden will get a pass for quitting on Houston Rockets if he wins a Championship like Kawhi?

Moderators: zimpy27, KingDavid, jamaalstar21, infinite11285, BombsquadSammy, ken6199, Domejandro, bwgood77, Dirk

Metallikid
Head Coach
And1: 6,441

Re: Do you think James Harden will get a pass for quitting on Houston Rockets if he wins a Championship like Kawhi? 

Post#41 » by Metallikid » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:07 am

lonzo_pelota wrote:Image

H-Town legend that's for sure.
Red Shoelace - HangTime - VinBaker6 - 6ixSideSniper

* * * * * * * BOARD MEN * GET TITLES * * * * * * *
righterwriter
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,724

Re: Do you think James Harden will get a pass for quitting on Houston Rockets if he wins a Championship like Kawhi? 

Post#42 » by righterwriter » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:39 am

If the Lakers and Nets are in the finals, all hardcore NBA fans will simultaneously vomit.
durden_tyler
RealGM
And1: 2,135

Post#43 » by durden_tyler » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:33 am

He deserves the better situation that is Brooklyn. Houston tried (CP3 etc) but they are just unlucky that they faced the much better Warriors in previous years, then LeBron went West and they lost their shot at competing at a title.

i hate Harden as a player, his style, but demanding a trade was the best decision he could make at this point of his career.

Houston, if they want to get back into title contention, should just tank.
If there is no basketball in heaven, i am not going.
Drygon
Starter
And1: 4,189

Post#44 » by Drygon » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:02 pm

Tor_Raps wrote:
Drygon wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:People have short memories. People already forgot about Durant and his antics by going to Gstate. There will always be something else for people to be angry at.

At least KD was a free agent unlike Kawhi & Harden.

Do you think that got him less backlash than the other 2? Durant was vilified for 3 years and even his own scrubby teammate in Green.

As I said, KD was a free agent and could go wherever he wants. Him joining Golden State Warriors created some of the best team basketball I’ve ever seen and some of the craziest games and moments I’ve seen. Even if it made getting a title easier I don’t think it’s fair to say that it’s worse than say LeBron teaming up with Chris Bosh and Dwyane Wad in Miami Heat.

To me if there’s anyone that you want to be mad at or disappointed with, it should be the player association (specifically LeBron and Chris Paul). They were the ones that pushed for the cap spike which allowed GSW to even be an option for KD. If they agreed to what the NBA wanted with cap smoothing, then KD would never joined GSW since it was impossible

Return to The General Board