Should the Lakers trade their depth/future for a 3rd star to counter Net's move?

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

JordansBulls
RealGM
And1: 5,313

Re: Should the Lakers trade their depth/future for a 3rd star to counter Net's move? 

Post#61 » by JordansBulls » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:01 am

Quiet-Dude wrote:Lakers are still the team to beat, KD doesn't have Iggy, Green, or the length inside to contain James. Harden is fat and mental case got hold down to more field goals than points by Brogdon and 33 years old George Hill... Who is going to guard AD on the Nets? DJ? Jeff Green?

Well KD usually plays Lebron to a standstill if not outplays him. Also they got Kyrie who will dominate the PG matchup and Harden can now focus on being the #2 or #3 guy in the playoffs.
"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
- Michael Jordan
heezyo2o
Starter
And1: 1,243

Re: Should the Lakers trade their depth/future for a 3rd star to counter Net's move? 

Post#62 » by heezyo2o » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:02 am

Not to counter the Nets, but if a third star was available, then that would have happened already. You can see the Lakers mindset when they tried to bring in Kawhi to have 3 stars.

No chance of them bringing in a "star" right now though with the pieces they have now. I don't think they could get anyone, but if they did, doesn't seem they would be able to fill the roster.
xb3at band1tx
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,664

Post#63 » by xb3at band1tx » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:02 am

Counter what? That nets team will legit get no stops.

At best I see them as an amalgamation of the 2nd Bron Cavs where they were all in on offense but then KD isn't the leader like LeBron is nor do I believe he can be the all-time defender I think BKN needs to win. Also where the hell is Kyrie?

I see them as a contender on talent alone, but I don't think they will be there this year. Next year could be different with Marks retooling the team.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,439

Post#64 » by zimpy27 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:04 am

If Lakers were in same conference then maybe they reconfigure. As it stands it would be stupid to rearrange the team in order to matchup against a possible opponent 3 playoff series ahead of where they are.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
nzahir
RealGM
And1: 4,608

Post#65 » by nzahir » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:07 am

Han Solo wrote:The Lakers will probably get Derrick Rose at the deadline. Thatā€™s my guess this year. Think it finally gets done.

Lakers are built to compete with anyone. Anything else they add is a luxury.

Why the hell would we want Rose?

Schroeder is better b/c he can shoot the 3 and plays some defense

Already have KCP, Caruso, Wes and even THT in the rotation

If we need any guard or wing, I would take a 3 point sniper

I don't see anyone we can make a move for and honestly not sure we need to make a move

Nothing makes sense from a salary and asset standpoint

Shroeder and Trez as your 3rd and 4th scoring options next to Bron and AD is pretty damn good

And then some decent role guys like Pope, AC, Matthews, Kuzma, Kieff, Gasol, and THT
NoZoLakers
General Manager
And1: 3,358

Post#66 » by NoZoLakers » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:14 am

Dr Aki wrote:I agree with OP.

Just say the magic words Giannis

just send kostas back, Bucks fans wont even know the difference 8-)
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 28,715

Post#67 » by og15 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:14 am

JordansBulls wrote:
Quiet-Dude wrote:Lakers are still the team to beat, KD doesn't have Iggy, Green, or the length inside to contain James. Harden is fat and mental case got hold down to more field goals than points by Brogdon and 33 years old George Hill... Who is going to guard AD on the Nets? DJ? Jeff Green?

Well KD usually plays Lebron to a standstill if not outplays him. Also they got Kyrie who will dominate the PG matchup and Harden can now focus on being the #2 or #3 guy in the playoffs.

You think Harden is going to be content as a #2 or #3 guy? Harden will be expecting to be the co-first option on the team. It's going to be interesting. You always need someone to take a bit of a backseat, and I don't know if the personalities are going to work for this.

When Harden was with Durant before, he wasn't a star yet and was a 6th man.
NoZoLakers
General Manager
And1: 3,358

Post#68 » by NoZoLakers » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:15 am

nzahir wrote:
Han Solo wrote:The Lakers will probably get Derrick Rose at the deadline. Thatā€™s my guess this year. Think it finally gets done.

I don't see anyone we can make a move for and honestly not sure we need to make a move

Shroeder and Trez as your 3rd and 4th scoring options next to Bron and AD is pretty damn good

And then some decent role guys like Pope, AC, Matthews, Kuzma, Kieff, Gasol, and THT

yea we don't need another pg, either another a solid 3/D wing or a more mobile/athletic big
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,190

Post#69 » by Catchall » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:15 am

FNQ wrote:
zeebneeb wrote:
Catchall wrote:Can't ignore the fact that the Nets have three of the top-10 offensive players in the league if they gel.

Also can't ignore that the Lakers have limited trade assets.
Yeah!

If they(Nets)can hold teams to 130, they should win the majority of their games.

We had Curry/Klay/KD and we still needed to play defense, and did. Diminishing returns is absolutely a thing

So are season-ending injuries.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
heezyo2o
Starter
And1: 1,243

Post#70 » by heezyo2o » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:20 am

Rose is the type of player the Lakers could have used last season. This season with Schroder and Harrell who both can create their own shot, no use for him now.
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,078

Post#71 » by Dr Aki » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:20 am

nzahir wrote:

Lakers are probably aiming for a big wing such as Ariza.

Kuzma isn't enough in that regards
RxMidnight
Senior
And1: 624

Post#72 » by RxMidnight » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:23 am

Don't need to. Elite offense + Elite defense > only Elite offense.
shotsquatch
Sixth Man
And1: 3,515

Post#73 » by shotsquatch » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:24 am

When both are playing at their best, LeBron+AD are equally valuable as KD+Harden+Kyrie.

Who on this Nets team is preventing AD and LeBron from feasting inside?
EArl
RealGM
And1: 13,220

Post#74 » by EArl » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:51 am

I like our chances still. At least for the next two years.
After that its anyone's guess what happens with us.
I see all these overreaction threads about the Nets. The only thing I'll say is lets see how they play. They have some big holes. Especially on defense. That could be their undoing more than the way the players gel together which is a whole other issue.

I keep being reminded about the Kobe, Dwight, Nash team. On paper they looked unstoppable, but they actually struggled throughout the year before Kobe went down. Ironically it's Nash leading the team now.
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing, Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before;
LouisLitt
Sixth Man
And1: 3,120

Post#75 » by LouisLitt » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:54 am

No, they're better than the Nets already.

It would be a mistake for them to do anything major.
IgorK
Veteran
And1: 4,786

Post#77 » by IgorK » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:58 am

I take great joy knowing that fellow RGM Lakers fans are bookmarking all the dumb threads like this.

We'll catch you slippin' in a few months, OP.
"You want me to own a team and deal with these rich, spoiled stubborn athletes, and try to get them to perform? No thank you." - Kobe

AMG
Benedict_Boozer
RealGM
And1: 5,694

Post#78 » by Benedict_Boozer » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:02 am

Those saying the Lakers have no trade assets - I disagree. THT alone could fetch them something from a rebuilding team easy
Meeksology
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,530

Post#79 » by Meeksology » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:03 am

Put me in the minority category of I think they can still beat this nets team as is.
And this is coming from a lebron "hater"

Sent from my SM-N950W using RealGM mobile app
MindState
Veteran
And1: 3,467

Post#80 » by MindState » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:04 am

JB2 wrote:
MindState wrote:No. They should enjoy their summer league title from last year and let LeBron age gracefully into the sunlight while getting beat down by KD in the finals for his few final years.

You're full of gems but seems like when it comes time to talking LeBron and/or Lakers, your Bron hate has you looking like a fool. Might want to re-calibrate your viewpoint.

Here are some more of your previous gems.

Regarding AD declining a mex offer from Lakers in Jan 2020:
He gone.

Lakers playing the Rockets:
The Rockets absolutely terrified me as a Warriors fan. The only team over our 3 year run with KD that I was legitimately scared would beat us. Every game was full of anxiety and felt like could go either way.

If I were a Lakers fan I would be legitimately concerned.

If the lakers would win a title:
If you think this Lakers team is staying healthy enough to win a title you are dreaming.

The entire team is injury prone.

Should the NBA be scared of the lakers:
Bradley, Rondo, and Howard are possibly the 3 most injury prone players in the entire league.

There is a 0% chance the Lakers will have all 3 available going into the playoffs. The Laker team you see next summer will be LeBron and AD dragging complete scrubs to the playoffs. It isnt gonna be enough.

Lakeres interviewing Juwan Howard:
Sad. Lakers are a storied franchise and let a 35 year old LeBron at the tail end of his career come in and completey take over the organization, like they are the Sacramento Kings or something.

Poor Laker fans. Dont worry, only 3 more years of LeBron and the circus he brought to town.

On whether the lakes (pre-AD) should have considered trading LeBron:
Bron is just an empty stats guy at this point. His time has come and gone. Fans really need to lower their expectations.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to The General Board