KD - Harden - Kyrie... THE BEST TRIO in NBA?

Moderators: zimpy27, KingDavid, jamaalstar21, infinite11285, BombsquadSammy, ken6199, Domejandro, bwgood77, Dirk

KD - Harden - Kyrie... THE BEST TRIO in NBA?

Poll runs till Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:11 am

Yes
88
69%
No
40
31%
 
Total votes: 128

User avatar
thelead
RealGM
Posts: 25,949
And1: 13,721
Joined: Apr 08, 2008
 

Re: KD - Harden - Kyrie... THE BEST TRIO in NBA? 

Post#41 » by thelead » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:17 am

Best trio but that doesn’t always equate to the best team.

They have depth and defense issues.
Image
Gooner
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,465
And1: 5,066
Joined: Sep 02, 2018
 

Re: KD - Harden - Kyrie... THE BEST TRIO in NBA? 

Post#42 » by Gooner » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:56 am

It should be, Kyrie and Harden already player together in team USA and showed great chemistry. KD can fit in anywhere, he doesn't even take many shots.
Gooner
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,465
And1: 5,066
Joined: Sep 02, 2018
 

Re: KD - Harden - Kyrie... THE BEST TRIO in NBA? 

Post#43 » by Gooner » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:57 am

thelead wrote:Best trio but that doesn’t always equate to the best team.

They have depth and defense issues.


Kyrie played good defense this year, and Harden is capable, they'll be fine.
Zespetjest
Sophomore
Posts: 168
And1: 120
Joined: Dec 18, 2017

Re: KD - Harden - Kyrie... THE BEST TRIO in NBA? 

Post#44 » by Zespetjest » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:52 am

They won’t win East.
TheBallsDeeper
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,595
And1: 1,830
Joined: Nov 20, 2017
       

Re: KD - Harden - Kyrie... THE BEST TRIO in NBA? 

Post#45 » by TheBallsDeeper » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:54 am

Three ball dominate nut cases with a history of being a team cancer, and have all shown that they are more concerned in their individual glory than team success. Two out of the three are already missing in action from their teams, breaking Covid rules and not returning calls to their coach’s.

What could go wrong?
User avatar
Rockice_24
Starter
Posts: 2,180
And1: 816
Joined: Jun 15, 2011
       

Re: KD - Harden - Kyrie... THE BEST TRIO in NBA? 

Post#46 » by Rockice_24 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:19 pm

thelead wrote:Best trio but that doesn’t always equate to the best team.

They have depth and defense issues.
They are still one of the deepest teams in the league even after this trade.

Shamett, Harris, TLC, Green, Claxton is their bench with Chioza and Johnson for even more depth. They are loaded.

The addition of Brown to the starters was a huge boost to the defense which has been good since Nash made the move.

They likely will be middle of the pack defensively which is more than good enough with all the firepower.

When all 3 are on the court they have two other guys that don't need touches in Brown and DJ.


Sent from my Pixel 3 using RealGM mobile app
Gooner
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,465
And1: 5,066
Joined: Sep 02, 2018
 

Re: KD - Harden - Kyrie... THE BEST TRIO in NBA? 

Post#47 » by Gooner » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:22 pm

TheBallsDeeper wrote:Three ball dominate nut cases with a history of being a team cancer, and have all shown that they are more concerned in their individual glory than team success. Two out of the three are already missing in action from their teams, breaking Covid rules and not returning calls to their coach’s.

What could go wrong?


Talent matters more than attitude, they'll be hard to beat.
GWVan
Veteran
Posts: 2,630
And1: 1,760
Joined: Dec 12, 2002
Location: The world's most famous beach
 

Re: KD - Harden - Kyrie... THE BEST TRIO in NBA? 

Post#48 » by GWVan » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:29 pm

The least likely trio to all be on the floor together at the end of the season
Full of sound and fury; signifying nothing
Homer38
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,363
And1: 5,312
Joined: Dec 04, 2013

Re: KD - Harden - Kyrie... THE BEST TRIO in NBA? 

Post#49 » by Homer38 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:31 pm

Gooner wrote:
TheBallsDeeper wrote:Three ball dominate nut cases with a history of being a team cancer, and have all shown that they are more concerned in their individual glory than team success. Two out of the three are already missing in action from their teams, breaking Covid rules and not returning calls to their coach’s.

What could go wrong?


Talent matters more than attitude, they'll be hard to beat.


2020 Clippers....
Gooner
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,465
And1: 5,066
Joined: Sep 02, 2018
 

Re: KD - Harden - Kyrie... THE BEST TRIO in NBA? 

Post#50 » by Gooner » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:33 pm

Homer38 wrote:
Gooner wrote:
TheBallsDeeper wrote:Three ball dominate nut cases with a history of being a team cancer, and have all shown that they are more concerned in their individual glory than team success. Two out of the three are already missing in action from their teams, breaking Covid rules and not returning calls to their coach’s.

What could go wrong?


Talent matters more than attitude, they'll be hard to beat.


2020 Clippers....


Covid interruption made an impact. And this team clearly has more talent.
Homer38
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,363
And1: 5,312
Joined: Dec 04, 2013

Re: KD - Harden - Kyrie... THE BEST TRIO in NBA? 

Post#51 » by Homer38 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:35 pm

Gooner wrote:
Homer38 wrote:
Gooner wrote:
Talent matters more than attitude, they'll be hard to beat.


2020 Clippers....


Covid interruption made an impact. And this team clearly has more talent.


It's not an excuse .... Each team was in the same situation
Gooner
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,465
And1: 5,066
Joined: Sep 02, 2018
 

Re: KD - Harden - Kyrie... THE BEST TRIO in NBA? 

Post#52 » by Gooner » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:36 pm

Homer38 wrote:
Gooner wrote:
Homer38 wrote:
2020 Clippers....


Covid interruption made an impact. And this team clearly has more talent.


It's not an excuse .... Each team was in the same situation


It's not an excuse, but it's a once in a lifetime situation possibly.
art_tatum
Senior
Posts: 574
And1: 421
Joined: Jun 01, 2018
 

Re: KD - Harden - Kyrie... THE BEST TRIO in NBA? 

Post#53 » by art_tatum » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:03 pm

There's no other star trios out there.
Like three all stars (this year or last year). At least the 3rd person isn't on kyries level, since there's plenty of comparable duos.
GYK
Head Coach
Posts: 6,746
And1: 1,728
Joined: Oct 08, 2014
       

Re: KD - Harden - Kyrie... THE BEST TRIO in NBA? 

Post#54 » by GYK » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:19 pm

Current best backcourt by landslide is the Portland boys. 4th best offense. 5th best offense is Brooklyn and they haven’t had their stars every game. They seem like they’ll be fine.

Return to The General Board