Kevin O'Connor: Oladipo Still Hopes He Ends Up In Miami

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Jordan45822
RealGM
And1: 1,796

Kevin O'Connor: Oladipo Still Hopes He Ends Up In Miami 

Post#1 » by Jordan45822 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:18 am

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2021/1/13/22230340/james-harden-trade-john-wall-houston-rockets?utm_campaign=theringer&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

Houston could also still flip Oladipo, who wanted out of Indiana but landed in another place he doesn’t want to be. League sources say Oladipo still hopes to find himself in Miami.

Not sure he is worth it for Miami especially if Beal becomes available (unlikely now but who knows later)
Gatorade Sax
Senior
And1: 756

Re: Kevin O'Connor: Oladipo Still Hopes He Ends Up In Miami 

Post#2 » by Gatorade Sax » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:19 am

Feel for Oladipo, he’s bounced around quite a bit considering he is actually pretty good when at his best. His injuries came at pretty pivotal points though, which sucks. Hope he keeps balling out and gets where he is happiest. Didn’t mind him in Indy.
Winsome Gerbil
RealGM
And1: 13,086

Post#3 » by Winsome Gerbil » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:21 am

Why is it Victor Oladipo now feels like he can pick his destination?
ChuckChilly
Veteran
And1: 2,665

Post#4 » by ChuckChilly » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:24 am

This guy had one really good season and it made him think he was a superstar. Amazing.
art_tatum
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,108

Post#5 » by art_tatum » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:33 am

ChuckChilly wrote:This guy had one really good season and it made him think he was a superstar. Amazing.

Even then he chucked his team out of the playoffs. Indiana could've beat the cavs in game 7 and 6? If he didn't chuck and brick like 4 straight shots in the final minutes.

He's never been efficient, im not high on oladipo. Respect his swag tho haha
Balllin
Senior
And1: 1,791

Post#6 » by Balllin » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:02 am

Winsome Gerbil wrote:Why is it Victor Oladipo now feels like he can pick his destination?

Because he is a Free Agent after this season?
lambchop
General Manager
And1: 9,216

Post#7 » by lambchop » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:04 am

They can get him for free this summer
So many people who attain the heights of power in this culture—celebrities, for instance—have to make a show of false humility and modesty, as if they got as far as they did by accident and not by ego or ambition.
Hangtime84
RealGM
And1: 4,386

Post#8 » by Hangtime84 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:10 am

Victor wants to be close to the trainer that got his body right. I don’t blame him
Jcool0 wrote:
aguifs wrote:Do we have a friggin plan?

If the Bulls do, you would be complaining to much to ever hear it.

NBA fan logic we need to trade one of two best players because (Player X) one needs to shine more.
BallerTalk
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,816

Post#9 » by BallerTalk » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:21 am

lambchop wrote:They can get him for free this summer

Definitely not for free.
You checkin' for the sound of the beast
I'm the hound, I'ma creep, I get down, I'ma eat
I'ma keep somethin' to lay a naysayer to sleep
-
Up-And-Coming
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,682

Post#10 » by Up-And-Coming » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:34 am

Ya, I honestly can see him leave Houston and sign elsewhere in the summer. This Harden trade was more for salary relief in expiring contracts and future picks.
Metallikid
RealGM
And1: 9,962

Post#11 » by Metallikid » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:57 am

Up-And-Coming wrote:Ya, I honestly can see him leave Houston and sign elsewhere in the summer. This Harden trade was more for salary relief in expiring contracts and future picks.

Honestly I'm pretty disappointed at what they decided to take. After all the bullshitting they chose not to take Simmons, the swaps are likely very little to zero value, and Philly had a greater chance of imploding and having actually good picks later on.
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,884

Post#12 » by MotownMadness » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:06 pm

Shut up OConnor, you told me Hayes was the next Harden
jk31
Rookie
And1: 668

Post#13 » by jk31 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:10 pm

Winsome Gerbil wrote:Why is it Victor Oladipo now feels like he can pick his destination?

Because after the season he is a free agent, who can sign whichever team he wants?
Openheimer
Sixth Man
And1: 1,100

Post#14 » by Openheimer » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:11 pm

Houston is a bad team with a terrible owner
yoadknux
Pro Prospect
And1: 131

Post#15 » by yoadknux » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:50 pm

He can hope... Dude is still under a contract. Vic had one extraordinary season and great series again Lebron, got injured, and then focused on developing his singing and producing career. Last year he was "too injured to play" until he realized he wasn't gonna get paid so he opted to return. And then according to reports, openly asked other teammates after games to join their team.
He's still a great basketball player, but his attitude is so crap
Piston Prince wrote:Bobcat fans telling us to cheer up = epic fail season
Pythagoras
Analyst
And1: 3,282

Post#16 » by Pythagoras » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:47 pm

art_tatum wrote:
ChuckChilly wrote:This guy had one really good season and it made him think he was a superstar. Amazing.

Even then he chucked his team out of the playoffs. Indiana could've beat the cavs in game 7 and 6? If he didn't chuck and brick like 4 straight shots in the final minutes.

He's never been efficient, im not high on oladipo. Respect his swag tho haha

This is a bit of revisionist history. Oladipo was probably a top 15 player in the 17-18 season. And he absolutely played well in that Cle-Ind series, while delivering a very strong overall performance in game 7. Ind lost that series because Lebron went thermonuclear destroyer in that final game.

Dipo has had his career derailed by injuries as much as anything else, but he’s still a really good player who can probably help a contender.
Numbers rule the universe.
_qubik
Starter
And1: 1,336

Post#17 » by _qubik » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:55 pm

I hope he dont end in Miami, inefficient, injury prone guard. Miami can do better with the money he will command.
dans1230
Rookie
And1: 1,159

Post#18 » by dans1230 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:00 pm

Metallikid wrote:
Up-And-Coming wrote:Ya, I honestly can see him leave Houston and sign elsewhere in the summer. This Harden trade was more for salary relief in expiring contracts and future picks.

Honestly I'm pretty disappointed at what they decided to take. After all the bullshitting they chose not to take Simmons, the swaps are likely very little to zero value, and Philly had a greater chance of imploding and having actually good picks later on.

I think the point of the Oladipo move was for Hou to make another move to get more assets for him. I think they are looking to tank and try to convert some of the firsts they traded away back to them because they were protected.
IMO the Brooklyn situation is much more likely to implode than if he went to Philly.
shi-woo
Sixth Man
And1: 2,273

Post#19 » by shi-woo » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:07 pm

Ainge supposedly wanted him, and we do have that TPE that matches his Salary...

Wonder what the market will be like for Dipo, because I really don't see any interest from MIA with Herro/Duncan/Jimmy taking all the minutes at that spot.

Nuggets would be another interesting team but I think Vic is more of a super 6th man given his ball dominance and lack of efficiency.
Metallikid
RealGM
And1: 9,962

Post#20 » by Metallikid » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:11 pm

dans1230 wrote:
Metallikid wrote:

I think the point of the Oladipo move was for Hou to make another move to get more assets for him. I think they are looking to tank and try to convert some of the firsts they traded away back to them because they were protected.
IMO the Brooklyn situation is much more likely to implode than if he went to Philly.

LeVert was worth more than Oladipo; Houston did it because he's a FA so either they get to bring him back cheap since he hasn't had a great season, or they let him walk and save money. They're letting themselves be flexible. In all likelihood they'll be a middling team until Wall comes off the books, but there's a slight chance that if they re-sign Oladipo for, let's just say, less than 25 mil/per, then there's a small chance a Wall/Oladipo/Wood core becomes a West playoff team and then they try to swing for the fences by moving all those picks and like Eric Gordon for a star to have them compete with. They might even be able to absorb someone like Drummond or Love from Cleveland in exchange for more picks.

Return to The General Board