Ant-Man ain't it

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77, Dirk, zimpy27, KingDavid, jamaalstar21, infinite11285, ken6199, BombsquadSammy

Quentin
Rookie
Posts: 1,199
And1: 902
Joined: Dec 18, 2006

Re: Ant-Man ain't it 

Post#241 » by Quentin » Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:38 pm

Big J wrote:I’m the OP here, and I will give the man props for making the shots he actually makes on these 3-14 shooting nights exciting as hell.


He said after the game he didn't care about the dunk, was more concerned about his missing shots. After that, he was filmed on the court working on his shooting.

Read on Twitter
Shock Defeat
General Manager
Posts: 7,714
And1: 13,236
Joined: Aug 30, 2012
       

Re: Ant-Man ain't it 

Post#242 » by Shock Defeat » Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:02 pm

He has superstar potential if we are being honest with that athleticism.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 56,589
And1: 12,524
Joined: Jul 08, 2005
Contact:
   

Re: Ant-Man ain't it 

Post#243 » by Klomp » Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:29 pm

limbo wrote:Well, if there's one thing certain is that this dude has the athletic ability to dominate. I think he might be a more explosive version of Donovan Mitchell, and that says a lot, because Mitchell is pretty damn explosive.

Bigger, stronger too.

Mitchell 6'1.25" 215
Edwards 6'5" 230
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.
Metallikid
General Manager
Posts: 8,354
And1: 7,597
Joined: Mar 10, 2010
       

Re: Ant-Man ain't it 

Post#244 » by Metallikid » Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:48 pm

Quentin wrote:
Big J wrote:I’m the OP here, and I will give the man props for making the shots he actually makes on these 3-14 shooting nights exciting as hell.


He said after the game he didn't care about the dunk, was more concerned about his missing shots. After that, he was filmed on the court working on his shooting.

Read on Twitter


Well, at least they got someone with a motor for once.
Red Shoelace - HangTime - VinBaker6 - 6ixSideSniper

* * * * * * * BOARD MEN * GET TITLES * * * * * * *
User avatar
Kumar
Junior
Posts: 478
And1: 191
Joined: May 03, 2011
 

Re: Ant-Man ain't it 

Post#245 » by Kumar » Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:59 pm

Big J wrote:I’m the OP here, and I will give the man props for making the shots he actually makes on these 3-14 shooting nights exciting as hell.


Wow! Really?!?
User avatar
Ckay
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,550
And1: 4,476
Joined: Feb 29, 2012
Location: going going, back back, to Cali Cali
 

Re: Ant-Man ain't it 

Post#246 » by Ckay » Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:11 pm

Kumar wrote:
Big J wrote:I’m the OP here, and I will give the man props for making the shots he actually makes on these 3-14 shooting nights exciting as hell.


Wow! Really?!?

Very sus.
User avatar
TheDominator273
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,889
And1: 1,056
Joined: Jul 08, 2015
       

Re: Ant-Man ain't it 

Post#247 » by TheDominator273 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:17 pm

BoogieTime wrote:His lack of playmaking and team offense stand out when watching him. He’s iso for now
For the time being, Ant is better used in isolations instead of PNR. He doesn't need a pick to get past most defenders, and all the PNR is doing in many cases is providing an extra defender he has to navigate.

With that said, he absolutely needs to develop the ability to play in PNR because he has the potential to be a lethal ball handler in PNR with KAT as the screener. The Wolves want DLo to be the PNR partner with KAT, but his lack of ability to put pressure on the rim makes the prospects of Ant being that guy instead much more tantilizing.
User avatar
Jakay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 28,781
And1: 4,970
Joined: Jan 27, 2003
Location: Half out of my mind
Contact:

Re: Ant-Man ain't it 

Post#248 » by Jakay » Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:32 pm

Harold Miner?

IDK, it's not like I'm watching Wolves games irl.
Hussien Fatal
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,663
And1: 483
Joined: Jul 07, 2006
Location: N-E-W Jers where plenty murders occur

Re: Ant-Man ain't it 

Post#249 » by Hussien Fatal » Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:16 pm

Soon as I heard him say he thought kd was better than Jordan I knew he was gonna bust.
They call me Hussien Fatal its a two game table im robbin you **** cradle wit a knife in your navel....
HotelVitale
General Manager
Posts: 9,506
And1: 5,023
Joined: Sep 14, 2007
Location: West Philly, PA

Re: Ant-Man ain't it 

Post#250 » by HotelVitale » Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:04 am

Klomp wrote:
limbo wrote:Well, if there's one thing certain is that this dude has the athletic ability to dominate. I think he might be a more explosive version of Donovan Mitchell, and that says a lot, because Mitchell is pretty damn explosive.

Bigger, stronger too.

Mitchell 6'1.25" 215
Edwards 6'5" 230


Mitchell has become a genius driver and shotmaker off the bounce, though, and no one should ever expect that of a prospect. Edwards' size means he doesn't have to be that good at that stuff to be really good, just needs a couple power moves, a couple counters, and competent/basic passing and shooting. Not easy to do that, but he has to become a lot less good at most of it to be good than most prospects do.
DroseReturnChi
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,127
And1: 1,019
Joined: Feb 12, 2012
       

Re: Ant-Man ain't it 

Post#251 » by DroseReturnChi » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:10 pm

HotelVitale wrote:
Klomp wrote:
limbo wrote:Well, if there's one thing certain is that this dude has the athletic ability to dominate. I think he might be a more explosive version of Donovan Mitchell, and that says a lot, because Mitchell is pretty damn explosive.

Bigger, stronger too.

Mitchell 6'1.25" 215
Edwards 6'5" 230


Mitchell has become a genius driver and shotmaker off the bounce, though, and no one should ever expect that of a prospect. Edwards' size means he doesn't have to be that good at that stuff to be really good, just needs a couple power moves, a couple counters, and competent/basic passing and shooting. Not easy to do that, but he has to become a lot less good at most of it to be good than most prospects do.


Mitchell was an all star level guy right from his rookie yr. Highly doubt Antman makes the jump in a single yr hes not really improved from his college. Just because he is taller, stronger doesnt mean he will end up better he just has better tools.
God told Derrick to rise, so Derrick Rose.
Quentin
Rookie
Posts: 1,199
And1: 902
Joined: Dec 18, 2006

Re: Ant-Man ain't it 

Post#252 » by Quentin » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:34 pm

DroseReturnChi wrote:
HotelVitale wrote:
Klomp wrote:Bigger, stronger too.

Mitchell 6'1.25" 215
Edwards 6'5" 230


Mitchell has become a genius driver and shotmaker off the bounce, though, and no one should ever expect that of a prospect. Edwards' size means he doesn't have to be that good at that stuff to be really good, just needs a couple power moves, a couple counters, and competent/basic passing and shooting. Not easy to do that, but he has to become a lot less good at most of it to be good than most prospects do.


Mitchell was an all star level guy right from his rookie yr. Highly doubt Antman makes the jump in a single yr hes not really improved from his college. Just because he is taller, stronger doesnt mean he will end up better he just has better tools.


Donovan was also 21 yo when he played his first nba game. Had a very mediocre freshman year and an ok sophomore year in college.

Ant was 19.5. Lots of time to improve before we start these comparisons.
HotelVitale
General Manager
Posts: 9,506
And1: 5,023
Joined: Sep 14, 2007
Location: West Philly, PA

Re: Ant-Man ain't it 

Post#253 » by HotelVitale » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:21 pm

DroseReturnChi wrote:
HotelVitale wrote:
Klomp wrote:Bigger, stronger too.

Mitchell 6'1.25" 215
Edwards 6'5" 230
Mitchell has become a genius driver and shotmaker off the bounce, though, and no one should ever expect that of a prospect. Edwards' size means he doesn't have to be that good at that stuff to be really good, just needs a couple power moves, a couple counters, and competent/basic passing and shooting. Not easy to do that, but he has to become a lot less good at most of it to be good than most prospects do.
Mitchell was an all star level guy right from his rookie yr. Highly doubt Antman makes the jump in a single yr hes not really improved from his college. Just because he is taller, stronger doesnt mean he will end up better he just has better tools.


Not sure why it sounds like you're trying to disagree with me, but yeah, obviously. To repeat, Mitchell to everyone's surprise had pretty amazing intuition as a driver and creative finisher that he could put to use in the NBA way more than in college, Edwards doesn't have that stuff now. But he doesn't need to reach quite that level of brilliant intuition to still be good.
Big J
Senior
Posts: 583
And1: 763
Joined: May 26, 2020

Re: Ant-Man ain't it 

Post#254 » by Big J » Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:19 am

Another 3-13 game.

Image
Sugarless
Starter
Posts: 2,219
And1: 1,604
Joined: Aug 12, 2004

Re: Ant-Man ain't it 

Post#255 » by Sugarless » Yesterday 11:29 am

Edwards is a nice kid, but his game straight up sucks right now. He's exactly what he was at UGA on the court, an extremely inefficient chucker that thinks he's way better than he actually is handling and shooting the ball. And the Wolves are encouraging him to be the worst version of himself, instead of leading him away from his bad habits. He could be so much better as a rookie if he had coaches and a FO that held him accountable, made him play team ball and showed him to make the most out of his attributes (his handle is not great but it is decent, he's explosive, he makes his FTs and he's not unwilling to pass when he gets out of the 'me zone'). He was not a prospect that I liked coming out of college and I'm not more of a fan now, but the Wolves are certainly not helping his development.

Return to The General Board