SHAM-WOW: "Timberwolves are hiring Raptors assistant coach Chris Finch as the new head coach"

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77, Dirk, zimpy27, KingDavid, jamaalstar21, infinite11285, ken6199, BombsquadSammy

Zeno
RealGM
And1: 10,463

Re: SHAM-WOW: "Timberwolves are hiring Raptors assistant coach Chris Finch as the new head coach" 

Post#101 » by Zeno » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:04 am

kodo wrote:
Foye wrote:
Klomp wrote:Not really

Optimistic take for a roster where more than half the players are below 43% in the field goal percentage while the league average is 46%.

Will be interesting what Finch can do.
A coaching change took the Bulls from the 26th in TS% last season to 7th this year, with an identical roster.

This is why this might not be such a bad a first job for Finch as people think. Not hard to improve on his predecessor. He’s going to look good. Follow a Boylen or a Saunders or Kidd and you’ll look pretty damn good for a while at least.
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
giannis and 1
Rookie
And1: 522

Re: SHAM-WOW: "Timberwolves are hiring Raptors assistant coach Chris Finch as the new head coach on mu" 

Post#102 » by giannis and 1 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:27 am

IceIceBelly wrote:But most importantly, is he black? There's no way it can be perceived as a good hire if he's not.

We're not turning this thread into a conversation about race. The general board is not here for that. Kindly avoid replying to this post to avoid de-railing the topic.
-js21

Someone's mad.
still learning the game

Matches Malone wrote:How did NBA fandom get to the point that it's more fun to thirst over players on other teams than to care more about your own team and players...
Meeksology
Veteran
And1: 3,233

Re: SHAM-WOW: 

Post#103 » by Meeksology » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:36 am

GREY 1769 wrote:
Caped Crusader wrote:
GREY 1769 wrote:lol oh dear... didn't this guy have a cup of coffee there? Forever chasing that clout - not a good look. If you weren't, you wouldn't need to keep taking shots at those with it. A third of the league is filled with Spurs coaching/FO staff.

Hopefully the Wolves get things sorted. KAT and DLO have barely played together so hard to gauge their chemistry, but there's a lot to fix. I hope Wolves fans are happy with the change.

Pretty sure that was tongue in cheek. Calm down and don't take everything so seriously.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using RealGM mobile app

So you assume that it was tongue in cheek and then assume I 'take everything so seriously' even though another poster also responded. There's no need for you to tell someone else how to react especially to an absurd own goal barb and chase that was simply not based on fact.
Ya, u need to calm down

Sent from my SM-N950W using RealGM mobile app
GREY 1769
Forum Mod - Spurs
Forum Mod - Spurs
And1: 17,264

Re: SHAM-WOW: 

Post#104 » by GREY 1769 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:47 am

Meeksology wrote:
GREY 1769 wrote:
Caped Crusader wrote:
Pretty sure that was tongue in cheek. Calm down and don't take everything so seriously.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using RealGM mobile app

So you assume that it was tongue in cheek and then assume I 'take everything so seriously' even though another poster also responded. There's no need for you to tell someone else how to react especially to an absurd own goal barb and chase that was simply not based on fact.
Ya, u need to calm down

Sent from my SM-N950W using RealGM mobile app

I was never not calm to begin with. It's your place to tell someone how to react so keep that in check. Dumb dump of a post that was called out a couple of times is still a dumb dump of a post no matter how it's dressed up with whatever subsequent lame attempts to cover for it under the guise of distractions about the other person, rather than the post itself. Unlike original post, let's get back to and stick to the topic at hand.
ImageImageImageImage
The Spurs Way
Thinking of you, Pop :hug:
Metallikid
General Manager
And1: 7,597

Re: SHAM-WOW: "Timberwolves are hiring Raptors assistant coach Chris Finch as the new head coach" 

Post#105 » by Metallikid » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:27 am

So do we get a 2nd or what?
Red Shoelace - HangTime - VinBaker6 - 6ixSideSniper

* * * * * * * BOARD MEN * GET TITLES * * * * * * *
SCTwins
Pro Prospect
And1: 745

Re: SHAM-WOW: "Timberwolves are hiring Raptors assistant coach Chris Finch as the new head coach on mu" 

Post#106 » by SCTwins » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:37 pm

Pharmcat wrote:
IceIceBelly wrote:But most importantly, is he black? There's no way it can be perceived as a good hire if he's not.

He's not and got a mid-season multi year contract somehow. This never happens to blacks, who get the dreaded "interim coach" title instead to ride out the season before they get replaced in the summer by someone else .

The last coach hired mid-season from another team was black. Lol
IceIceBelly
Sophomore
And1: 599

Post#107 » by IceIceBelly » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:46 pm

SCTwins wrote:
Pharmcat wrote:

He's not and got a mid-season multi year contract somehow. This never happens to blacks, who get the dreaded "interim coach" title instead to ride out the season before they get replaced in the summer by someone else .

The last coach hired mid-season from another team was black. Lol

Dont bother man. Do you really expect to change the opinion of the SJW types?

Return to The General Board