Last Chance Picks At Predicting The Eastern Conference All Star Reserves

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Who Gets Your Vote For All Star Reserve (Pick 5)

Trae Young
10%
Jayson Tatum
16%
Jaylen Brown
14%
Zach Lavine
13%
Domantas Sabonis
10%
Bam Adebayo
7%
Julius Randle
10%
Nikola Vucevic
4%
Ben Simmons
12%
Other (Name Them)
3%

Total votes: 489

Betta Bulleavit
Head Coach
And1: 2,614

Re: Last Chance Picks At Predicting The Eastern Conference All Star Reserves 

Post#61 » by Betta Bulleavit » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:51 pm

Scalabrine wrote:
The Explorer wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:For most the season the team was better without him on the floor, not sure it’s changed

He's playing big minutes with 20-21 year olds who haven't fully figured out the game yet. That will negatively impact his +/-. Look at his play, especially in February. He's probably been a top 5 player overall this month.

That wouldn't explain his negative +/- though. If anything, he would have a positive +/- because the roster is full of players who haven't fully figured out the game yet.

Actually it would. Particularly when those guys are going against starting fives that routinely smoke them. And then the bench has to come in to rescue us..which further hurts the on/off numbers. One of the reasons I never particularly cared for it as a stat. However, just about every one of the Bulls best lineups feature LaVine.
shakes0
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,960

Post#62 » by shakes0 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:57 pm

Metallikid wrote:
Johnny Tomala wrote:
Metallikid wrote:Guards - Kyle Lowry, Fred VanVleet, Trae Young (Jaylen Brown will be the injury replacement for Kyle Lowry)

Forwards - Jayson Tatum, Ben Simmons, Julius Randle

Centre - Nikola Vucevic

There is no way Lowry and VanVleet make a ASG.

Last time I checked winning still counts for something.

:lol: :lol: :lol: the raps are one game over .500 and 2 games out of 11th place.

Nice try!

You want to talk about winning counting, use that argument for Jazz players, not guys on a mediocre .500 team in the East. :noway: :noway:
Metallikid
RealGM
And1: 9,962

Post#63 » by Metallikid » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:21 pm

shakes0 wrote:
Metallikid wrote:
Johnny Tomala wrote:
There is no way Lowry and VanVleet make a ASG.

:lol: :lol: :lol: the raps are one game over .500 and 2 games out of 11th place.

Nice try!

You want to talk about winning counting, use that argument for Jazz players, not guys on a mediocre .500 team in the East. :noway: :noway:

We're 8th in the League in Net Rating. We've had more technical fouls called against us than games played. We're a lot better than our record and we're far from mediocre.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_2021_ratings.html
shakes0
Assistant Coach

Post#64 » by shakes0 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:29 pm

Metallikid wrote:
shakes0 wrote:
Metallikid wrote:

Nice try!

We're 8th in the League in Net Rating. We've had more technical fouls called against us than games played. We're a lot better than our record and we're far from mediocre.

:lol: :lol: so now you're saying that winning doesn't count afterall, it's all about your net rating? Keep digging out of that hole :lol:

Never in my life have I heard someone say that so and so made the all star team over so and so because their team has a better net rating.
everdiso
General Manager
And1: 10,125

Post#65 » by everdiso » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:38 pm

will the raps be the highest ranked team to have no all-star representation? will some teams below them somehow get multiple all-stars selected while they have none?

stay tuned!!!
"I wasn't gonna act surprised - cuz I wasn't surprised."
LewisnotMiller
Analyst
And1: 3,235

Post#66 » by LewisnotMiller » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:40 pm

perempe20 wrote:
Scalabrine wrote:
perempe20 wrote:I don't like players who watch playoffs on TV. Towns can be also an all-star, If we go for names or previous selections, while the Spurs or Indy won't give any players? I would select from as many teams as possible.

Just wanted to share it.

I think it's fair to want that, but the standings are all so close right now that it's impossible to predict who's gonna be "watching the playoffs on TV" right now. Only 2 games separate the 13th and 8th seed in the East. 3 games separate the 13 and the 6th seed. Up until this freefall the Cavs are currently in, they were a playoff team, if that had happened two weeks later, would Sexton or Drummond been on your radar? The West is equally as tight...

I think we're seeing a ton of parity right now, and team record during a mid-season award has way less significance. As a tie breaker, sure, but if one player has clearly been better than another, then record shouldn't matter.

The NBA should select from as many teams as possible. Last year all the playoff teams in the west gave at least one player, while in the east the Nets and the Magic didn't give any.

Who would you have left out, and which Magic and Nets player would you have put in?
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,713

Post#67 » by basketballRob » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:46 pm

I think at least 3 or 4 of the picked allstars sit out this year, because of the compressed season and Covid. So more than the normal amount of players will be allstars this season.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 42,870

Post#68 » by LoveMyRaps » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:02 pm

Raptors are 5th in the East and have been the most disadvantaged team in the NBA playing all their games without any home court advantage.
They deserve at least one all-star selection.
Should be FVV. One of best defensive guards in the league who's elite on the offensive end as well.
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
perempe20
Sixth Man
And1: 932

Post#69 » by perempe20 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:14 pm

LewisnotMiller wrote:
perempe20 wrote:
Scalabrine wrote:
I think it's fair to want that, but the standings are all so close right now that it's impossible to predict who's gonna be "watching the playoffs on TV" right now. Only 2 games separate the 13th and 8th seed in the East. 3 games separate the 13 and the 6th seed. Up until this freefall the Cavs are currently in, they were a playoff team, if that had happened two weeks later, would Sexton or Drummond been on your radar? The West is equally as tight...

I think we're seeing a ton of parity right now, and team record during a mid-season award has way less significance. As a tie breaker, sure, but if one player has clearly been better than another, then record shouldn't matter.

The NBA should select from as many teams as possible. Last year all the playoff teams in the west gave at least one player, while in the east the Nets and the Magic didn't give any.

Who would you have left out, and which Magic and Nets player would you have put in?

I don't know, I was talking about my concept: select players from as many teams as possible. There was a year when the Hawks gave 4 players and they were swept in the conference finals. The results did not validate those selections.
RaptorPride
General Manager
And1: 17,505

Post#70 » by RaptorPride » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:23 pm

shakes0 wrote:
Metallikid wrote:
shakes0 wrote:

Nice try!

:lol: :lol: so now you're saying that winning doesn't count afterall, it's all about your net rating? Keep digging out of that hole :lol:

Never in my life have I heard someone say that so and so made the all star team over so and so because their team has a better net rating.

Started 2-8
kind of amazing how we are ahead of you guys now
Spoiler:

RaptorPride
General Manager

Post#71 » by RaptorPride » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:35 pm

shakes0 wrote:
Metallikid wrote:
shakes0 wrote:

Nice try!

some quick maths
since the 2-8 start we are 14-7
14-7 is one more win than you guys have for the whole season :lol: :lol:
I would consider that winning

tied with the bulls for the whole season
Spoiler:

shakes0
Assistant Coach

Post#72 » by shakes0 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:40 pm

RaptorPride wrote:
shakes0 wrote:
Metallikid wrote:

some quick maths
14-7 is one more win than you guys have for the whole season

dude, you're 16-15. One game over .500 and 2 games out of 11th place. Stop trying to do mental gymnastics to claim your team is better than their record. your record is your record. No one voting for the all star game who is accounting for win/loss is qualifying that by only looking at win/loss record over a specific period of time.

And congrats on having a better records than the Hawks, a team more decimated by injuires than all but a couple teams in the league. That will make the tears all that more enjoyable when you find out the Hawks ended up with an allstar and the Raps didn't. As of now Trae is borderline but still has a better shot than anyone on the Raps.
everdiso
General Manager
And1: 10,125

Post#73 » by everdiso » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:42 pm

Eastern Conference All Stars via RAPTOR (min 30mpg)

C Embiid 10.9 ---- Capela 6.5 -- Turner 5.1
F Giannis 6.1 ---- Durant 5.3 --- Randle 4.5
F Butler 6.6 ------ Hunter 5.2 --- Tatum 3.8
G Harden 5.4 ---- Beal 4.0 ------ Irving 3.5
G VanVleet 6.8 -- Holiday 5.1 --- Young 3.5

Eastern Conference All Stars via RPM (min 30mpg)

C Embiid 5.7 --- Capela 2.1 ----- Turner 1.5
F Giannis 5.9 -- Randle 2.2 ----- Tatum 2.1
F Durant 4.0 --- Harris 3.3 ----- Hunter 3.3
G Holiday 4.5 -- Harden 4.1 --- Irving 3.8
G Lowry 4.8 ---- Graham 4.2 -- VanVleet 4.0
"I wasn't gonna act surprised - cuz I wasn't surprised."
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,775

Post#74 » by Texas Chuck » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:45 pm

I did not realize adults were this passionate about who made the all-star team. I remember as kid punching out the ballots and being really hyped about helping Ro make the all-star team or whatever. But I don't ever remember getting angry as an adult that the Mavs could only get Dirk on the team.

But some of you seem to want to fight about it. So I really hope your guy gets it. Except for Trae. Because I want Spud to find love. :D
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
RaptorPride
General Manager

Post#75 » by RaptorPride » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:54 pm

shakes0 wrote:
RaptorPride wrote:
shakes0 wrote:

some quick maths
14-7 is one more win than you guys have for the whole season

dude, you're 16-15. One game over .500 and 2 games out of 11th place. Stop trying to do mental gymnastics to claim your team is better than their record. your record is your record. No one voting for the all star game who is accounting for win/loss is qualifying that by only looking at win/loss record over a specific period of time.

And congrats on having a better records than the Hawks, a team more decimated by injuires than all but a couple teams in the league. That will make the tears all that more enjoyable when you find out the Hawks ended up with an allstar and the Raps didn't. As of now Trae is borderline but still has a better shot than anyone on the Raps.

14-7 is a bigger sample size than 2-8
going from 2-8 to 14-7 isn't some mental gymnastics its a big difference with double the sample size :lol: :lol:

How many teams who start 2-8 with the worst record in the league magically become a .500 team?

but I agree you guys have been dealing with injuries raptors have only had OG and Lowry miss games
Spoiler:

donkeylips
Veteran
And1: 1,305

Post#76 » by donkeylips » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:58 pm

i went with young, brown, tatum, vucevic and simmons. it sucks to leave out lavine
I can hawk a loogie eight feet in the air and catch it with my tongue.
Scalabrine
RealGM
And1: 7,329

Post#77 » by Scalabrine » Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:29 am

LewisnotMiller wrote:
perempe20 wrote:
Scalabrine wrote:

Thats the problem every year, everyone wants to say "this guy deserved it!" or "why didn't (enter team name) have a representative???" but they rarely add in who they think should have been off the team...
Go Knicks!
kenwood3333
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,195

Post#78 » by kenwood3333 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:45 am

Scalabrine wrote:
kenwood3333 wrote:Don't believe Middleton is a lock

G: Harden, Young, Brown
F: Tatum, Sabonis, Randle
WC: Lavine, Harris/Simmon (a Sixers)

Per possession, Middleton having the best statistical season of his career. He is a better rebounding/playmaking Klay Thompson. Dude is certainly a lock over any of your wild card guys, and obviously I'd take him over everyone on that list outside of Harden as well. The next closest lock to me is Tatum, which seems like most everyone agrees with.

Turns out Middleton didn't get in.

Surprise to see Vucevic got in- didn't think there is a C requirement.
Kingdibs19
Starter
And1: 3,613

Post#79 » by Kingdibs19 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:50 am

Only read page 1 but wow so many people wrong their “locks”
perempe20
Sixth Man
And1: 932

Post#80 » by perempe20 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:48 am

Scalabrine wrote:
LewisnotMiller wrote:
perempe20 wrote:

Thats the problem every year, everyone wants to say "this guy deserved it!" or "why didn't (enter team name) have a representative???" but they rarely add in who they think should have been off the team...

Maybe Wood instead of Gobert this year? He did not make the top10 in the fan vote.
Bam or Sabonis instead of Vucevic for similar reasons? even Hayward?

No all-stars from Toronto, Indiana and San Antonio despite their record.

Return to The General Board