Kristaps Porzingis Is Indeed Available

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

NewYorkPride85
Senior
And1: 353

Re: Dallas Mavericks Quietly Gauging The Market For Kristaps Porzingis 

Post#201 » by NewYorkPride85 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:24 am

urgal wrote:
NewYorkPride85 wrote:Have no idea. Been more focused on your unprotected lottery pick that we have this year. :lol:

Out of curiosity, targeting another Knox or Ntilikina this time?

That would make sense if....

1) This wasn't an insanely deep draft

2) If we still had Phil and/or Mills calling the shots.

I'm actually pleased with our current front office. Randle is in the way of Obi who was hurt at the beginning of the year and they nailed it with Quickley.

Hey, at least your 2023 1st round pick is top 10 protected
Chanel Bomber
RealGM
And1: 37,522

Post#202 » by Chanel Bomber » Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:25 am

Billy Goat wrote:
Chanel Bomber wrote:We Knicks fans warned you, because we were watching the games, while other fanbases were actually buying the hype and used it to pile on the Knicks... the irony.

I don’t recall Knicks fans being overwhelmingly happy with the trade. A lot saw KP has a star who struggled to stay healthy. He was never really good.

You're right, and I know that. I was referring specifically to the portion of Knicks fans who were skeptical of KP and warned people on the GB that KP wasn't a superstar and got killed for it.
urgal
Rookie
And1: 1,876

Post#203 » by urgal » Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:26 am

NewYorkPride85 wrote:I'm actually pleased with our current front office. Randle is in the way of Obi who was hurt at the beginning of the year and they nailed it with Quickley.

It's kinda of a circular conversation because I had that exact same discussion already in this thread, but you do realize they selected Toppin solely because Leon Rose's son is Toppins agent? Not really a good first impression.

Anyways I hope you beat GSW today.
NewYorkPride85
Senior
And1: 353

Post#204 » by NewYorkPride85 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:29 am

urgal wrote:
NewYorkPride85 wrote:I'm actually pleased with our current front office. Randle is in the way of Obi who was hurt at the beginning of the year and they nailed it with Quickley.

It's kinda of a circular conversation because I had that exact same discussion already in this thread, but you do realize they selected Toppin solely because Leon Rose's son is Toppins agent? Not really a good first impression.

Anyways I hope you beat GSW today.

Is that the only thing you can point to as a negative? What else have they done bad as a front office? Not every team hits on 100% of their moves but like I said, I'm happy with the way they have operated. And thanks
urgal
Rookie

Post#205 » by urgal » Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:36 am

NewYorkPride85 wrote:Is that the only thing you can point to as a negative? What else have they done bad as a front office? Not every team hits on 100% of their moves but like I said, I'm happy with the way they have operated. And thanks

Never said they're bad in general, however not really a good first move like I said.
Considering it may have been the last high lottery pick for quite some time it's actually a crucial mistake, especially considering Toppin was a reach to begin with at that spot.

I don't know if making a win-now move for DRose was the best decision either although I do like him as player, however the timeline is kinda weird.

Argument reversed they didn't really have enough oppurtunities to make bad decision either yet so the jurys still out I guess.

I do agree they made some good moves from a financial flexibility perspective.
_qubik
Starter
And1: 1,336

Post#206 » by _qubik » Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:37 am

Scalabrine wrote:What about Prozingis/Powell/Burke to Cleveland for Drummond/Nance/Windler and a 22 lottery protected 1st.

Mavs get off the contracts of KP and Powell and go into the off-season with much more flexibility. 60ish million in capspace, to start rebuilding a team around Luka while he's still the most underpaid player in the league.

Drummond/WCS/Boban
Nance/Kleber/Johnson
DFS/THj/Windler
Richardson/THj/Green
Luka/Brunson/Terry

Cavs unload Drummond for something and got with Okoro/KP/Allen as one of the best defensive pairings in the league to support their smaller Sexland backcourt.

Allen/KP/McGee
KP/Love/Wade
Okoro/Osman
Sexton/Dotson
Garland/Sexton/Burke

If I'm the Mavs I would agree if the pick is unprotected. But they would need some more moves, there will be any top guy avaiable in the free agency ?

I think their goal is to contend as soon as possible. Maybe they can find a trade partner that can net them a valuable player in return.
AleksandarN
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,382

Post#207 » by AleksandarN » Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:22 am

This trade helps both teams

Kings
Buddy Hield
Cory Joseph
Marvin Bagley III

Mavs
Kristaps Porzingis
Dwight Powell

For the Kings they free up space for Hali and get a talented big to pair with Fox. For the mav they get a much need shooter to go with luka and a young big in bagley
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#208 » by Ballerhogger » Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:26 am

I’m taking a KP until after the season . No way should team take him on now
DaPessimist
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,501

Post#209 » by DaPessimist » Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:44 am

I wouldn't even give up Wiggins for Porzingis.
BigDan245
Starter
And1: 2,282

Post#210 » by BigDan245 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:49 am

Why would anyone trade anything of value for someone who is never healthy? Unless you tell me you're giving up fillers and worthless picks, forget it.
ElectricMayhem
RealGM
And1: 11,163

Post#211 » by ElectricMayhem » Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:02 am

I'm glad Dallas is doing this quietly. It's hard to maintain focus when you know you're being shopped. I'm sure Porzingis will be shocked at the sudden nature of any deal, but it's best to continue to keep him in the dark for now.
At the end of the day, it's not about wins and losses. Teamwork, fair play, and good sportsmanship make champions of us all.

Go arbitrary assortment of athletes! Beat the other arbitrary assortment of athletes or my mood will suffer!
OrangeBlueSkies
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,098

Post#212 » by OrangeBlueSkies » Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:27 pm

urgal wrote:
OrangeBlueSkies wrote:What’s the personal relationship that I’m missing?

Leon Roses son reps Toppin, you know now why they selected him?

You mean CAA reps Toppin. I understand. Why aren’t you hating on the Quickley personal connection pick?

And who would you have drafted at 8 if not Obi?
OrangeBlueSkies
Assistant Coach

Post#213 » by OrangeBlueSkies » Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:28 pm

ElectricMayhem wrote:I'm glad Dallas is doing this quietly. It's hard to maintain focus when you know you're being shopped. I'm sure Porzingis will be shocked at the sudden nature of any deal, but it's best to continue to keep him in the dark for now.

How shocked would he be?

We all saw this coming... his contract holds back putting a real team around Luka.
DroseReturnChi
RealGM
And1: 3,142

Post#214 » by DroseReturnChi » Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:33 pm

Monk1718 wrote:
urgal wrote:
NewYorkPride85 wrote:Have no idea. Been more focused on your unprotected lottery pick that we have this year. :lol:

Out of curiosity, targeting another Knox or Ntilikina this time?

Maybe another Mitchell Robinson or Immanuel Quickley

to be honest, knicks suck drafting they should trade for a star. obi, knox, frank these guys are all busts.
but I just want knicks get number 1 pick from Dallas just for entertainment sake.
Doncic will be goat. Lauri will be his sidekick.
Apz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,984

Post#215 » by Apz » Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:07 pm

DroseReturnChi wrote:
Monk1718 wrote:
urgal wrote:Out of curiosity, targeting another Knox or Ntilikina this time?

Maybe another Mitchell Robinson or Immanuel Quickley

to be honest, knicks suck drafting they should trade for a star. obi, knox, frank these guys are all busts.
but I just want knicks get number 1 pick from Dallas just for entertainment sake.

Well, mavs are pretty much up to speed again after having half their team out because of covid. 6-1 in last 7. Got some tough games up to the allstar break now, philly nets hawks and whatever the 4th game is.

So will hover around .500 at thr break, obly way knicks get a lottery pick is if they lose half the team again to covid
deneem4
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,255

Post#216 » by deneem4 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:12 pm

Luka doesn’t need more shooters, he need a playmaker that can score to take attention off him
Pay your beals....or its lights out!!!
Bron, Bosh, Wade is like Mike, Hakeem, barkley...3 top 5 picks from same draft
mike, hakeem and Barkley on the same team!!!!
urgal
Rookie

Post#217 » by urgal » Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:51 pm

OrangeBlueSkies wrote:
urgal wrote:
OrangeBlueSkies wrote:What’s the personal relationship that I’m missing?

Leon Roses son reps Toppin, you know now why they selected him?

You mean CAA reps Toppin. I understand. Why aren’t you hating on the Quickley personal connection pick?

And who would you have drafted at 8 if not Obi?

The magnitude of the decision is totally different picking in the high lottery vs. late first round which is a crapshoot anyway.

But now that you mentioned it I'm actually not the biggest fan of the Quickley hype either considering he's down to 38% from the field for the season which isn't good at all. I would just expect both to me way more NBA-ready given they're about to turn 22 and 23 respectively which isn't young for rookies.

And Haliburton comes to mind obviously at 8. He's been rumored to go there, knicks didn't have a PG and he's been an incredible steel for the kings. So yeah you cand defend the decision all you want but it was totally biases-driven.
RoyceDa59
RealGM
And1: 8,791

Post#218 » by RoyceDa59 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:38 pm

That Curry for Richardson trade was horrendous.
Go Raps!!
Swish1906
Head Coach
And1: 10,625

Post#219 » by Swish1906 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:55 pm

OrangeBlueSkies wrote:
ElectricMayhem wrote:I'm glad Dallas is doing this quietly. It's hard to maintain focus when you know you're being shopped. I'm sure Porzingis will be shocked at the sudden nature of any deal, but it's best to continue to keep him in the dark for now.

How shocked would he be?

We all saw this coming... his contract holds back putting a real team around Luka.

Saw what coming? Some fake ass rumours as clickbait?

I love how people just ignore that Woj and Shams arent tweeting anything about the Mavs calling other teams regarding KP. The two guys with sources around every freaking team
OrangeBlueSkies
Assistant Coach

Post#220 » by OrangeBlueSkies » Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:47 pm

Swish1906 wrote:
OrangeBlueSkies wrote:

How shocked would he be?

Saw what coming? Some fake ass rumours as clickbait?

I love how people just ignore that Woj and Shams arent tweeting anything about the Mavs calling other teams regarding KP. The two guys with sources around every freaking team

Na I’m talking about how we all see his contract and his games played and injuries and realize he’s not the answer next to DonLuka.

Dallas is making their calls, don’t be upset . Getting defensive when you should be happy... your team is about to unload more assets to create cap room :)

Return to The General Board