Had Kyrie and love been healthy would the Warriors won their first ring?

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

scrabbarista
RealGM
And1: 13,703

Re: Had Kyrie and love been healthy would the Warriors won their first ring? 

Post#61 » by scrabbarista » Tue Mar 2, 2021 11:01 pm

Had Kevin Garnett been healthy, would the Lakers have won their fifteenth ring?
The man who sleeps on the bed can never fall out of the floor... Winnie the Pooh
scrabbarista
RealGM

Post#62 » by scrabbarista » Tue Mar 2, 2021 11:02 pm

Had Russell Westbrook been healthy, would the Heat have won their second ring?
The man who sleeps on the bed can never fall out of the floor... Winnie the Pooh
Joerezz7
Sixth Man
And1: 1,505

Post#63 » by Joerezz7 » Tue Mar 2, 2021 11:05 pm

scrabbarista wrote:Had Goran Dragic and Bam Adebayo been healthy, would the Lakers have won their seventeenth ring?

And you mentioned Kendrick Perkins in the post above. Nothing you posted makes since except the CP3 in 2018. Damn bro you big mad about the Warriors 2015 fluke championship :lol:
scrabbarista
RealGM

Post#64 » by scrabbarista » Tue Mar 2, 2021 11:06 pm

I'll stop. I'm sure I could go on for another couple of pages if I did some research.

These kinds of questions are fun to ask and answer, but once you say, "if X had been different," then why not ask "if A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K, L, M, N, O, P, Q, R, S, T, U, V, W, Y, and Z had been different?" What makes "X" so special, other than that it's just what you happen to feel like focusing on?
Joerezz7
Sixth Man

Post#65 » by Joerezz7 » Tue Mar 2, 2021 11:06 pm

scrabbarista wrote:I'll stop.

Please don’t stop. Keep it going. You haven’t proved anything but you giving me a good laugh :lol:
scrabbarista
RealGM

Post#66 » by scrabbarista » Tue Mar 2, 2021 11:06 pm

Joerezz7 wrote:
scrabbarista wrote:Had Goran Dragic and Bam Adebayo been healthy, would the Lakers have won their seventeenth ring?

And you mentioned Kendrick Perkins in the post above. Nothing you posted makes since except the CP3 in 2018. Damn bro you big mad about the Warriors 2015 fluke championship :lol:

I'll try to make more since in the future. Sorry.
Joerezz7
Sixth Man

Post#67 » by Joerezz7 » Tue Mar 2, 2021 11:08 pm

scrabbarista wrote:
Joerezz7 wrote:

No team in history was as lucky as the 2015 Warriors. Nothing you mentioned is in the same realm as the luck the Warriors had that year, with TWO star players being missing.
rtiff68
Veteran
And1: 3,725

Post#68 » by rtiff68 » Tue Mar 2, 2021 11:09 pm

scrabbarista wrote:I'll stop. I'm sure I could go on for another couple of pages if I did some research.

These kinds of questions are fun to ask and answer, but once you say, "if X had been different," then why not ask "if A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K, L, M, N, O, P, Q, R, S, T, U, V, W, Y, and Z had been different?" What makes "X" so special, other than that it's just what you happen to feel like focusing on?

You're also engaging with someone with a simplistic, irrational opinion that will never change no matter what argument you make or evidence you present.
TinmanZBoy
Head Coach
And1: 4,720

Post#69 » by TinmanZBoy » Tue Mar 2, 2021 11:12 pm

Had Kryie and Love been healthy, the Warriors were still the better team in both offense and defense... they've proved it all season long... they encountered some bumpy roads, but adjusted on time and won the championship...
Love and Kyrie on the court together was a big liability on defense, could be exploited by Warriors all series long... Delly would not be unleashed to d up Stephen... overall, the Warriors was clearly the better team, it took LeBron super heroic effort to make a series..
Hi Clutchie, I love you... :kiss
KuruptedCav
Analyst
And1: 1,125

Post#70 » by KuruptedCav » Tue Mar 2, 2021 11:13 pm

Plossum wrote:I think a 1-1 outcome across the 15 and 16 seasons was a fairly accurate result. Both teams were really close so it makes sense they took one Finals each. Warriors won 15 pretty easily once they figured out starting Iggy was the right move. And in 16 the series went 7 and came down to Kyrie making a pretty huge three. There was not much at all between those two squads.

That’s my thought, my big disappointment was Durant changing the dynamic and costing us two more highly competitive finals.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Joerezz7
Sixth Man

Post#71 » by Joerezz7 » Tue Mar 2, 2021 11:13 pm

rtiff68 wrote:
scrabbarista wrote:I'll stop. I'm sure I could go on for another couple of pages if I did some research.

You're also engaging with someone with a simplistic, irrational opinion that will never change no matter what argument you make or evidence you present.

I know we have our differences but this dude is posting literal nonsense. Kendrick Perkins? Bam adebayo? Karl Malone with the Lakers? Did you read the nonsense he posted? What the hell is this guy talking about? He posted a bunch of nonsense with one post being credible and that’s the CP3 one.
Buckets22
Sixth Man
And1: 1,510

Post#72 » by Buckets22 » Tue Mar 2, 2021 11:23 pm

No.
:king: King James Peoples' MVP 2020 :king:
Openheimer
Sixth Man
And1: 1,100

Post#73 » by Openheimer » Tue Mar 2, 2021 11:33 pm

I think most people agree the warriors would not have won in either season
Rodwilliams
Bench Warmer
And1: 962

Post#74 » by Rodwilliams » Thu Mar 4, 2021 12:01 am

rtiff68 wrote:
Rodwilliams wrote:
OriginalRed wrote:
It doesn't really make much sense to me either.

It took a near game winning Kyrie Irving three and Draymond suspension to barely win that series for the Cavs but I'm supposed to believe the year before they would have easily beat the Warriors with the same roster? It's not like Golden State in 2016 was playing way better in the Finals.

In 15 the series somehow went six games with Delly being Lebron 2nd best player.

You can spin it how you want but that series didn’t come down to a Kyrie Irving three. It came down to the Warriors being up 3-1 and losing 3 games in a row. The Cavs should’ve never been in a situation where they have a chance to make a game winning shot in game 7 because no team that has been down 3-1 in the Finals has ever came back before. Draymond played game 6 and 7.

Who is the one spinning here?

In 2016, the Cavs were healthy. The Warriors had injuries. Maybe it was due to his previous injury, or maybe he choked, but either way you slice it Curry had the worst playoff series of his career. Draymond got suspended for a game. Harrison Barnes went 5-31 on wide open shots over the course of Games 5-7. LeBron and Kyrie played out of their minds...

...all of that broke in the Cavs' favor, and they still won by the slimmest of margins. No spin-job changes that fact.

Would the Cavs have won in 2015 had they been healthy? Maybe?

That said, I have no idea how anyone can look at what happened in 2016 and conclude that a fully healthy Cavs team the year before would have decisively beaten the Warriors.

Well the 2015 series went 6 games with Delly as Lebron 2nd best player so it’s easy to conclude that the Cavs win 2015 if healthy.

As far as 2016 let’s say you’re right that the Warriors lost game 5 because of Draymond not being there. What about game 6? Game 6 wasn’t even that competitive. Game 6 was suppose to be the game where the Warriors showed the Cavs that they only won game 5 because Draymond wasn’t there. Instead they get blown out WITH Draymond playing. Should’ve never went to a game 7 or came down to Kyrie shot. Should’ve never lost 3 games in a row being up 3-1.
Harry Garris wrote: Curry can turn non playoff teams into title contenders.

Not if the team doesn’t have elite defenders[/quote]
What a pointless statement.Every Finals team had elite role players[/quote]
Rodwilliams wrote:Duh!Thats what I just said. Eat your own words
The4thHorseman
General Manager
And1: 4,510

Post#75 » by The4thHorseman » Thu Mar 4, 2021 12:21 am

Rodwilliams wrote:
rtiff68 wrote:
Rodwilliams wrote:

In 15 the series somehow went six games with Delly being Lebron 2nd best player.

You can spin it how you want but that series didn’t come down to a Kyrie Irving three. It came down to the Warriors being up 3-1 and losing 3 games in a row. The Cavs should’ve never been in a situation where they have a chance to make a game winning shot in game 7 because no team that has been down 3-1 in the Finals has ever came back before. Draymond played game 6 and 7.

In 2016, the Cavs were healthy. The Warriors had injuries. Maybe it was due to his previous injury, or maybe he choked, but either way you slice it Curry had the worst playoff series of his career. Draymond got suspended for a game. Harrison Barnes went 5-31 on wide open shots over the course of Games 5-7. LeBron and Kyrie played out of their minds...

...all of that broke in the Cavs' favor, and they still won by the slimmest of margins. No spin-job changes that fact.

That said, I have no idea how anyone can look at what happened in 2016 and conclude that a fully healthy Cavs team the year before would have decisively beaten the Warriors.

Well the 2015 series went 6 games with Delly as Lebron 2nd best player so it’s easy to conclude that the Cavs win 2015 if healthy.

As far as 2016 let’s say you’re right that the Warriors lost game 5 because of Draymond not being there. What about game 6? Game 6 wasn’t even that competitive. Game 6 was suppose to be the game where the Warriors showed the Cavs that they only won game 5 because Draymond wasn’t there. Instead they get blown out WITH Draymond playing. Should’ve never went to a game 7 or came down to Kyrie shot. Should’ve never lost 3 games in a row being up 3-1.

Draymond was 4th option on offense. Game 7 he put up 32-15-9 "at home" and GS still lost.

That's inexcusable.
Cavsfansince84
RealGM
And1: 10,295

Post#76 » by Cavsfansince84 » Thu Mar 4, 2021 12:26 am

Come on dude. Its the point of debating around point x. I don't even really get into these kinds of threads but there's absolutely nothing wrong with making them and debating them if people feel like doing so. Its all for entertainment. No reason to go full troll mode like this by spamming 20 other questions in it.
rtiff68
Veteran
And1: 3,725

Post#77 » by rtiff68 » Thu Mar 4, 2021 1:11 am

Rodwilliams wrote:
rtiff68 wrote:
Rodwilliams wrote:

You’re logic is astoundingly flawed.

2015 went 6...with the last 3 games of the series not being close, 2 of which came on the Cavs floor. The Warriors won that series decisively, as they should have with the injuries the Cavs suffered (to extremely injury prone players, but that’s neither here nor there).

2016: didn’t I just call you out for spinning? Nothing you typed about this series refuted a single thing I said. The Cavs were healthy, the Warriors weren’t and had a lot of weird things happen/go haywire, and the series still came down to a last second play in the waning moments of Game 7.

The rosters of both teams both years were more or less the same. Unless you have an obvious agenda— like you— I cannot understand how someone could conclude that the Cavs clearly win in 2015 if healthy.

Like many in this thread, I think the only reasonable conclusion to make—if both teams were healthy both years— is that a 1-1 split would be the most likely outcome.
Openheimer
Sixth Man
And1: 1,100

Post#78 » by Openheimer » Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:51 pm

Joerezz7 wrote:
scrabbarista wrote:
Joerezz7 wrote:

No team in history was as lucky as the 2015 Warriors. Nothing you mentioned is in the same realm as the luck the Warriors had that year, with TWO star players being missing.

Amen
Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,832

Post#79 » by Beethoven » Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:57 pm

nope

but also , gsw would have not won in 2018 if CP3 did not get injured. (or whatever that year was when houston had them at 3-2)

but also, Detroit would have not won if we had a healthy karl Malone (and perhaps an in-shape Shaq, and a Robert Horry hitting 3pt shots at 40%).

but also, Jazz would have won, if MJ really did catch that cold/ flu ( i mean , really, did he? he had a little cough and sniffles and perhaps a bit red-eyed gambling all nite, but to make it more dramatic by calling it a deadly flu ok )

but also, Magic would have won back in the early 80s that one time against Larry bird...if the celtics did not have Larry Bird.

but also, Mike Tyson would have beaten Holyfield, if he just came in w better management and better prepared physically and mentally.

also, this country would have become really different if the confederates won, and not the Union (in the civil War. for you Gen Yers).
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,407

Post#80 » by ILOVEIT » Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:45 pm

Hahhhhahhhhhhhaaaaahhhhhhaaaaaaahhhahahhhahahhaaaaaa!

Excused because the OP is a bench warmer...but this has been covered...and covered...and covered....
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.

Return to The General Board