HOT TAKE: Aleksej Pokusevski will win the NBA MVP (Within the Next 10 Years)

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

AleksandarN
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,398

Re: HOT TAKE: Aleksej Pokusevski will win the NBA MVP (Within the Next 10 Years) 

Post#341 » by AleksandarN » Sat Feb 24, 2024 9:43 pm

Goudelock wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:In OP’s defense, he still has 7 years to go before he’s wrong. Let’s give him a chance.

When Poku wins MVP, my victory lap will be legendary.

In Chyna
lambchop
General Manager
And1: 9,220

Re: HOT TAKE: Aleksej Pokusevski will win the NBA MVP (Within the Next 10 Years) 

Post#342 » by lambchop » Sat Feb 24, 2024 9:49 pm

AleksandarN wrote:
Goudelock wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:In OP’s defense, he still has 7 years to go before he’s wrong. Let’s give him a chance.

In Chyna

Poku is somewhat like Caboclo in that most of his protection is purely hypothetical. I hope that he can get minutes in a competitive setting somewhere.
So many people who attain the heights of power in this culture—celebrities, for instance—have to make a show of false humility and modesty, as if they got as far as they did by accident and not by ego or ambition.
Sixers in 4
Senior
And1: 754

Post#343 » by Sixers in 4 » Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:47 am

dirkforpres wrote:
OKC2008 wrote:
dirkforpres wrote:
The problem with Presti's plan is that when you have too many assets, you have to eventually start cutting actual good players and assets because theres just no room.

He wont be unemployed long. I hope Dallas takes a gamble.

Poku was trash even when Okc hadn’t any asset on the field

Maybe. But its still surprising that he couldnt find a buyer while hes still on a rookie contract. Even if hes flawed, he's still healthy (currently) and started in half of the games he played in. I wouldve thought some team out there wouldve taken a flyer at the expense of some SRPs anyway, or even as a throw in for the Hayward trade.

He is an RFA after this year. He has no value. We got 2 2nds for Noel and at the time he was viewed as much more of an asset.

He should have been moved earlier but the people freaking out here are funny. He was the 17th overall pick they fail all the time. Not that Poku has failed I believe he is still going to have an NBA career but the fact he never built on the promise of his rookie year.
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,778

Post#344 » by Ayt » Sun Feb 25, 2024 12:59 pm

dirkforpres wrote:
SUPERVILLAIN wrote:The dream is dead.

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=H6ZdpizHAHU9tYO3mHsVjw

The problem with Presti's plan is that when you have too many assets, you have to eventually start cutting actual good players and assets because theres just no room.

What are you talking about? Which "assets" were ahead of Poku on the depth chart in OKC? He couldn't beat out 6-6, 29-year-old Kenrich Williams and second year, 2nd round pick Jaylin Williams for minutes.

People make posts like yours because they sound good, but they are based on nothing but feels.

dirkforpres wrote:
OKC2008 wrote:
dirkforpres wrote:

Poku was trash even when Okc hadn’t any asset on the field

Maybe. But its still surprising that he couldnt find a buyer while hes still on a rookie contract. Even if hes flawed, he's still healthy (currently) and started in half of the games he played in. I wouldve thought some team out there wouldve taken a flyer at the expense of some SRPs anyway, or even as a throw in for the Hayward trade.

So your theory is that Presti didn't shop him for a trade? :lol: No one wanted him. He's also going to clear waivers, which just further cements the idea that no trade was possible.
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,778

Post#345 » by Ayt » Sun Feb 25, 2024 1:04 pm

Sixers in 4 wrote:
dirkforpres wrote:
OKC2008 wrote:Poku was trash even when Okc hadn’t any asset on the field

He is an RFA after this year. He has no value. We got 2 2nds for Noel and at the time he was viewed as much more of an asset.

He should have been moved earlier but the people freaking out here are funny. He was the 17th overall pick they fail all the time. Not that Poku has failed I believe he is still going to have an NBA career but the fact he never built on the promise of his rookie year.

Eh, I don't know if he should have been moved earlier. He had a clear opportunity as a backup big entering the season, and he blew it. I don't see any reason why OKC should have given up on him prior to the season starting.
Sixers in 4
Senior
And1: 754

Post#346 » by Sixers in 4 » Tue Feb 27, 2024 2:39 am

Ayt wrote:
Sixers in 4 wrote:
dirkforpres wrote:

Eh, I don't know if he should have been moved earlier. He had a clear opportunity as a backup big entering the season, and he blew it. I don't see any reason why OKC should have given up on him prior to the season starting.

That is true. I was approaching it from the standpoint of knowing what we know now but that would be unfair to the decisionmaking process at that time.
LofJ
RealGM
And1: 10,519

Post#347 » by LofJ » Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:17 pm

The Charlotte Thunder are coming, better get ready:

Read on Twitter
PlatinumState
Starter
And1: 2,660

Post#348 » by PlatinumState » Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:37 pm

He better prove he can hang in the league during the next 25 games
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,109

Post#349 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:44 pm

Ayt wrote:
Sixers in 4 wrote:
dirkforpres wrote:

Also he was kept as deadline salary as well, and when that passed, he was released and given an opportunity to prove himself elsewhere.
Effigy
RealGM
And1: 11,942

Post#350 » by Effigy » Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:41 am

Goudelock wrote:

Not to mention imaginary.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 91,204

Post#351 » by Capn'O » Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:49 am

Terrible misspelling of Chet Holmgren.

LofJ wrote:The Charlotte Thunder are coming, better get ready:

Read on Twitter

Not a bad gamble.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,799

Post#352 » by UcanUwill » Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:54 am

Seeing this Hornets team, they sure are in need of more non NBA caliber players, I say non sarcastically... Yeah, seriously, he should see the floor on that team, he cant be worse than Bertans.
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,799

Post#353 » by UcanUwill » Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:54 am

Seeing this Hornets team, they sure are in need of more non NBA caliber players, I say non sarcastically... Yeah, seriously, he should see the floor on that team, he cant be worse than Bertans.

Return to The General Board