Rob Parker: Curry NOT a transcendent player, NOT that guy

Moderators: jamaalstar21, infinite11285, BombsquadSammy, ken6199, Domejandro, bwgood77, Dirk, zimpy27, KingDavid

User avatar
clyde21
RealGM
Posts: 48,048
And1: 54,660
Joined: Aug 20, 2014
   

Re: Rob Parker: Curry NOT a transcendent player, NOT that guy 

Post#61 » by clyde21 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 4:24 am

Metallikid wrote:
DB23 wrote:
Metallikid wrote:
Carried them to what exactly? The picks good enough to get Klay and Dray?


A championship?

Are you saying he should have done more in his first three years in the league?

People have an irrational critique of curry. Probably fueled by all the love he got during the warriors run but it causes them to spout nonsense on a regular basis.


Gotta work on that reading comprehension. Curry did nothing before Kerr, Klay and Dray.


"Curry did nothing when he was 21 and 22 years old!!!"

:lol: :lol: :lol:
#BLM #FREEPALESTINE
User avatar
clyde21
RealGM
Posts: 48,048
And1: 54,660
Joined: Aug 20, 2014
   

Re: Rob Parker: Curry NOT a transcendent player, NOT that guy 

Post#62 » by clyde21 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 4:26 am

SnoopDub wrote:What I doubt about curry is how he can carry a team.


he's doing it right in front of you this year, he did it back in 13-14 and back in 12-13 too.

yall same group keep repeating the same nonsense in every Steph thread and keep getting proven wrong, it's time to try something new.
#BLM #FREEPALESTINE
User avatar
clyde21
RealGM
Posts: 48,048
And1: 54,660
Joined: Aug 20, 2014
   

Re: Rob Parker: Curry NOT a transcendent player, NOT that guy 

Post#63 » by clyde21 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 4:28 am

rtiff68 wrote:
SnoopDub wrote:I hate rob parker but he has a point slightly.

Curry is still a superstar and going to be best shooter of all time. Yes, he is a generational and transcendent player.

What I doubt about curry is how he can carry a team. He hasnt carried a team like Lebron, Harden, Damien and KD have. These players I mentioned can carry a team alone to the playoffs.

This year should be the year Curry proves to carry the Warriors on his back. People will say "but he has a gleague team. How can he carry a team of gleague?" Thats what you get when you give max contracts to multiple players. Your team's depth will be crushed.


2013.

2019 playoffs once Durant went down.

He’s already proved it. Not like LeBron, but like Lillard? Harden? Durant?

How is Dame’s H2H playoff record against Steph? Check 2019, in particular.

How is Harden’s? Before KD got there, and including after KD got injured in 2019?

How about Durant’s? How did the 2016 WCF’s go with Steph coming off of a recent injury? Who has played with more talent over their careers? Steph or Durant? Steph or LeBron? Serious questions...


lol...Dame "carried" Portland in the 2019 WCF against Steph to the tune of a whoppin 0-4 series. couldn't even get ONE game against a decimated Warriors team...talk about a carry job. :lol:
#BLM #FREEPALESTINE
DB23
Sophomore
Posts: 181
And1: 121
Joined: Jun 10, 2018

Re: Rob Parker: Curry NOT a transcendent player, NOT that guy 

Post#64 » by DB23 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 4:30 am

Metallikid wrote:
DB23 wrote:
Metallikid wrote:
Carried them to what exactly? The picks good enough to get Klay and Dray?


A championship?

Are you saying he should have done more in his first three years in the league?

People have an irrational critique of curry. Probably fueled by all the love he got during the warriors run but it causes them to spout nonsense on a regular basis.


Gotta work on that reading comprehension. Curry did nothing before Kerr, Klay and Dray.


I’ll work on my reading comprehension, you work on your awful b-ball takes. Fair?

But yes I misread. So your whole point is that he did nothing his first 3 years in the league. Great take champ.
SnoopDub
Sophomore
Posts: 203
And1: 154
Joined: Nov 06, 2019
   

Re: Rob Parker: Curry NOT a transcendent player, NOT that guy 

Post#65 » by SnoopDub » Thu Apr 8, 2021 4:37 am

rtiff68 wrote:
SnoopDub wrote:I hate rob parker but he has a point slightly.

Curry is still a superstar and going to be best shooter of all time. Yes, he is a generational and transcendent player.

What I doubt about curry is how he can carry a team. He hasnt carried a team like Lebron, Harden, Damien and KD have. These players I mentioned can carry a team alone to the playoffs.

This year should be the year Curry proves to carry the Warriors on his back. People will say "but he has a gleague team. How can he carry a team of gleague?" Thats what you get when you give max contracts to multiple players. Your team's depth will be crushed.


2013.

2019 playoffs once Durant went down.

He’s already proved it. Not like LeBron, but like Lillard? Harden? Durant?

How is Dame’s H2H playoff record against Steph? Check 2019, in particular.

How is Harden’s? Before KD got there, and including after KD got injured in 2019?

How about Durant’s? How did the 2016 WCF’s go with Steph coming off of a recent injury? Who has played with more talent over their careers? Steph or Durant? Steph or LeBron? Serious questions...



Bruh got triggered hahaha

2013 and 2015 are fair cases tho but not enough.

Im talking about regular season to the playoffs. Its been a while since hes carried a team on his own in the reg season. I mentioned regular season only bec we know steph can perform in the playoffs.

Next, everyone knows Steph is better than Damien but Damien carried the portland multiple times with less talented roster.

Again, Harden is a monster in the regular season. He placed MVP caliber stats almost every year. When Paul or Westbrook was injured, he cooked most teams by his own. He might choke at the playoffs but were talking about regular season.

If were talking about overly talented teams...
Boy, Steph's team is massively talented most of his career. He has been in an overwhelming talent team for so long, we haven't seen him carry a team ALONE in the regular season for a long time. This is the year he can prove that he can carry a team to the playoffs despite the lack of talent roster. Right now, hes showing some good games but theyre still under 500.

If Steph can make it to the playoffs with this roster, then it will change my mind.
Metallikid
RealGM
Posts: 10,085
And1: 9,377
Joined: Mar 10, 2010
       

Re: Rob Parker: Curry NOT a transcendent player, NOT that guy 

Post#66 » by Metallikid » Thu Apr 8, 2021 4:39 am

clyde21 wrote:
Metallikid wrote:
clyde21 wrote:lol, Steph continues to be one of the most underrated superstars ever, it's insane how much hate he gets despite everything he's done with or without top tier talent, it's ridiculous. dude carried a sorry franchise on his back before Kerr, before KD, before Dray and Klay. gtfo ROB.


Carried them to what exactly? The picks good enough to get Klay and Dray?


oh yea, picking Dray in the 2nd round, and Klay 11th overall, such high picks, much wow, such kiss...just an enormous amount of talent that Steph played with.

and he's been carrying this team long before Kerr came and board and the Warriors were the Warriors...like 47 wins and a WC semis birth back in 12-13, 51 wins in 13-14 while taking the Big 3 Clips to a 7 game series single handedly.

and you're currently seeing one of the greatest carry jobs in the last decade, a team without him on the court which has the 7th worst offensive rating of all time, a team without him that won a whopping 15 games last season, is now fighting for PO positioning only because of him.

lol @ you guys acting like Steph, a generational player, one of the top 15 or 20 players of all time (you read that right) has ANYTHING to prove to you haters at this point. comical.


THE POINT IS HE DID NOTHING BEFORE THEM. WHY IS IT SO HARD FOR WARRIORS/CURRY FANS TO READ ENGLISH?

Like eight responses and nobody even cared to read what I was saying.

2009-2010: 26-56
2010-2011: 36-46
2011-2012: 23-43
2012-2013: 47-35 (1 playoff series win)
2013-2014: 51-31

That's what Curry did before he had all three of Kerr, Klay and Dray. Bupkis.
Red Shoelace - HangTime - VinBaker6 - 6ixSideSniper

* * * * * * * BOARD MEN * GET TITLES * * * * * * *
Metallikid
RealGM
Posts: 10,085
And1: 9,377
Joined: Mar 10, 2010
       

Re: Rob Parker: Curry NOT a transcendent player, NOT that guy 

Post#67 » by Metallikid » Thu Apr 8, 2021 4:42 am

DB23 wrote:
Metallikid wrote:
DB23 wrote:
A championship?

Are you saying he should have done more in his first three years in the league?

People have an irrational critique of curry. Probably fueled by all the love he got during the warriors run but it causes them to spout nonsense on a regular basis.


Gotta work on that reading comprehension. Curry did nothing before Kerr, Klay and Dray.


I’ll work on my reading comprehension, you work on your awful b-ball takes. Fair?

But yes I misread. So your whole point is that he did nothing his first 3 years in the league. Great take champ.


Five seasons actually, but keep special pleading and moving the goalpost. That really makes your point seem valid.
Red Shoelace - HangTime - VinBaker6 - 6ixSideSniper

* * * * * * * BOARD MEN * GET TITLES * * * * * * *
User avatar
clyde21
RealGM
Posts: 48,048
And1: 54,660
Joined: Aug 20, 2014
   

Re: Rob Parker: Curry NOT a transcendent player, NOT that guy 

Post#68 » by clyde21 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 4:45 am

Metallikid wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
Metallikid wrote:
Carried them to what exactly? The picks good enough to get Klay and Dray?


oh yea, picking Dray in the 2nd round, and Klay 11th overall, such high picks, much wow, such kiss...just an enormous amount of talent that Steph played with.

and he's been carrying this team long before Kerr came and board and the Warriors were the Warriors...like 47 wins and a WC semis birth back in 12-13, 51 wins in 13-14 while taking the Big 3 Clips to a 7 game series single handedly.

and you're currently seeing one of the greatest carry jobs in the last decade, a team without him on the court which has the 7th worst offensive rating of all time, a team without him that won a whopping 15 games last season, is now fighting for PO positioning only because of him.

lol @ you guys acting like Steph, a generational player, one of the top 15 or 20 players of all time (you read that right) has ANYTHING to prove to you haters at this point. comical.


THE POINT IS HE DID NOTHING BEFORE THEM. WHY IS IT SO HARD FOR WARRIORS/CURRY FANS TO READ ENGLISH?

Like eight responses and nobody even cared to read what I was saying.

2009-2010: 26-56
2010-2011: 36-46
2011-2012: 23-43
2012-2013: 47-35 (1 playoff series win)
2013-2014: 51-31

That's what Curry did before he had all three of Kerr, Klay and Dray. Bupkis.


2009 - rookie
2010 - 22 years old
2011 - played in only 26 games
2012 - 47 wins and WC semis
2013 - 51 wins and a 7-game series against the Cp3/Blake/DJ Clippers
2014 - RING
2015 - 73 win season and a finals appearance
2016 - RING
2017 - RING
2018 - finals appearance and took YOUR raptors to 6 games single handedly
2019 - hurt, teams wins a whopping 15 games without him
2020 - comes back and takes that same 15 win team to on a PO push

so your entire point is that Curry didn't do anything his first 3 years while he was battling ankle injuries the entire time while being drafted into a franchise that had been a door mop for FOUR decades?

congratulations, we're all in awe of this level of analysis. :lol:
#BLM #FREEPALESTINE
User avatar
clyde21
RealGM
Posts: 48,048
And1: 54,660
Joined: Aug 20, 2014
   

Re: Rob Parker: Curry NOT a transcendent player, NOT that guy 

Post#69 » by clyde21 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 4:50 am

Metallikid wrote:
DB23 wrote:
Metallikid wrote:
Gotta work on that reading comprehension. Curry did nothing before Kerr, Klay and Dray.


I’ll work on my reading comprehension, you work on your awful b-ball takes. Fair?

But yes I misread. So your whole point is that he did nothing his first 3 years in the league. Great take champ.


Five seasons actually, but keep special pleading and moving the goalpost. That really makes your point seem valid.


except he was hurt one of those seasons, a rookie another season, two other seasons he wins 47 and 51 games including a PO series and takes a 10 SRS team (Clips) to 7 games on his own.

wtf exactly did you want him to do other than this? :lol:
#BLM #FREEPALESTINE
User avatar
WHITE_HOT_HEAT
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,383
And1: 1,935
Joined: Sep 28, 2019
Location: Brussels, Belgium
   

Re: Rob Parker: Curry NOT a transcendent player, NOT that guy 

Post#70 » by WHITE_HOT_HEAT » Thu Apr 8, 2021 4:58 am

clyde21 wrote:
Metallikid wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
oh yea, picking Dray in the 2nd round, and Klay 11th overall, such high picks, much wow, such kiss...just an enormous amount of talent that Steph played with.

and he's been carrying this team long before Kerr came and board and the Warriors were the Warriors...like 47 wins and a WC semis birth back in 12-13, 51 wins in 13-14 while taking the Big 3 Clips to a 7 game series single handedly.

and you're currently seeing one of the greatest carry jobs in the last decade, a team without him on the court which has the 7th worst offensive rating of all time, a team without him that won a whopping 15 games last season, is now fighting for PO positioning only because of him.

lol @ you guys acting like Steph, a generational player, one of the top 15 or 20 players of all time (you read that right) has ANYTHING to prove to you haters at this point. comical.


THE POINT IS HE DID NOTHING BEFORE THEM. WHY IS IT SO HARD FOR WARRIORS/CURRY FANS TO READ ENGLISH?

Like eight responses and nobody even cared to read what I was saying.

2009-2010: 26-56
2010-2011: 36-46
2011-2012: 23-43
2012-2013: 47-35 (1 playoff series win)
2013-2014: 51-31

That's what Curry did before he had all three of Kerr, Klay and Dray. Bupkis.


2009 - rookie
2010 - 22 years old
2011 - played in only 26 games
2012 - 47 wins and WC semis
2013 - 51 wins and a 7-game series against the Cp3/Blake/DJ Clippers
2014 - RING
2015 - 73 win season and a finals appearance
2016 - RING
2017 - RING
2018 - finals appearance and took YOUR raptors to 6 games single handedly
2019 - hurt, teams goes wins a whopping 15 games without
2020 - comes back and takes that same 15 win team to on a PO push

so your entire point is that Curry didn't do anything his first 3 years while he was battling ankle injuries the entire time while being drafted into a franchise that had been a door mop for FOUR decades?

congratulations, we're all in awe of this level of analysis. :lol:


Seriously.. wtf was that analysis? :lol:
People just make blanket statements and start arguments nowadays despite the mountain of evidence contrary to it.

Steph has proved more than enough. This year again shows he can light it up with a semi decent cast - his cast is horrible.
Also shows that the much touted Kerr is handicapped without a cast.

Can't believe an ugly bird brain professional troll like Rob also has people who agree with his viewpoints...
"And a Man?... A Man provides... And he does it even when he's not appreciated, or respected, or even loved. He simply bears up and he does it.... Because he's a Man...."
Metallikid
RealGM
Posts: 10,085
And1: 9,377
Joined: Mar 10, 2010
       

Re: Rob Parker: Curry NOT a transcendent player, NOT that guy 

Post#71 » by Metallikid » Thu Apr 8, 2021 5:01 am

clyde21 wrote:
Metallikid wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
oh yea, picking Dray in the 2nd round, and Klay 11th overall, such high picks, much wow, such kiss...just an enormous amount of talent that Steph played with.

and he's been carrying this team long before Kerr came and board and the Warriors were the Warriors...like 47 wins and a WC semis birth back in 12-13, 51 wins in 13-14 while taking the Big 3 Clips to a 7 game series single handedly.

and you're currently seeing one of the greatest carry jobs in the last decade, a team without him on the court which has the 7th worst offensive rating of all time, a team without him that won a whopping 15 games last season, is now fighting for PO positioning only because of him.

lol @ you guys acting like Steph, a generational player, one of the top 15 or 20 players of all time (you read that right) has ANYTHING to prove to you haters at this point. comical.


THE POINT IS HE DID NOTHING BEFORE THEM. WHY IS IT SO HARD FOR WARRIORS/CURRY FANS TO READ ENGLISH?

Like eight responses and nobody even cared to read what I was saying.

2009-2010: 26-56
2010-2011: 36-46
2011-2012: 23-43
2012-2013: 47-35 (1 playoff series win)
2013-2014: 51-31

That's what Curry did before he had all three of Kerr, Klay and Dray. Bupkis.


2009 - rookie
2010 - 22 years old
2011 - played in only 26 games
2012 - 47 wins and WC semis
2013 - 51 wins and a 7-game series against the Cp3/Blake/DJ Clippers
2014 - RING
2015 - 73 win season and a finals appearance
2016 - RING
2017 - RING
2018 - finals appearance and took YOUR raptors to 6 games single handedly
2019 - hurt, teams goes wins a whopping 15 games without
2020 - comes back and takes that same 15 win team to on a PO push

so your entire point is that Curry didn't do anything his first 3 years while he was battling ankle injuries the entire time while being drafted into a franchise that had been a door mop for FOUR decades?

congratulations, we're all in awe of this level of analysis. :lol:


Congratulations, you brought 2015-2020 into a conversation that was literally and explicitly about about 2010-2014.

Curry stans would be hilarious if they weren't so sad.

Take the L and move on.
Red Shoelace - HangTime - VinBaker6 - 6ixSideSniper

* * * * * * * BOARD MEN * GET TITLES * * * * * * *
God Squad
Head Coach
Posts: 6,738
And1: 3,127
Joined: Feb 22, 2010
Location: Toronto
 

Re: Rob Parker: Curry NOT a transcendent player, NOT that guy 

Post#72 » by God Squad » Thu Apr 8, 2021 5:03 am

Honestly this Steph slander going on this year is ridiculous.
User avatar
clyde21
RealGM
Posts: 48,048
And1: 54,660
Joined: Aug 20, 2014
   

Re: Rob Parker: Curry NOT a transcendent player, NOT that guy 

Post#73 » by clyde21 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 5:04 am

Metallikid wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
Metallikid wrote:
THE POINT IS HE DID NOTHING BEFORE THEM. WHY IS IT SO HARD FOR WARRIORS/CURRY FANS TO READ ENGLISH?

Like eight responses and nobody even cared to read what I was saying.

2009-2010: 26-56
2010-2011: 36-46
2011-2012: 23-43
2012-2013: 47-35 (1 playoff series win)
2013-2014: 51-31

That's what Curry did before he had all three of Kerr, Klay and Dray. Bupkis.


2009 - rookie
2010 - 22 years old
2011 - played in only 26 games
2012 - 47 wins and WC semis
2013 - 51 wins and a 7-game series against the Cp3/Blake/DJ Clippers
2014 - RING
2015 - 73 win season and a finals appearance
2016 - RING
2017 - RING
2018 - finals appearance and took YOUR raptors to 6 games single handedly
2019 - hurt, teams goes wins a whopping 15 games without
2020 - comes back and takes that same 15 win team to on a PO push

so your entire point is that Curry didn't do anything his first 3 years while he was battling ankle injuries the entire time while being drafted into a franchise that had been a door mop for FOUR decades?

congratulations, we're all in awe of this level of analysis. :lol:


Congratulations, you brought 2015-2020 into a conversation that was literally and explicitly about about 2010-2014.

Curry stans would be hilarious if they weren't so sad.


i am showing the entire trajectory of his career...which season specifically do you think he should've done more? please give something to work on to back up your stance because you've offered virtually nothing here.
#BLM #FREEPALESTINE
User avatar
clyde21
RealGM
Posts: 48,048
And1: 54,660
Joined: Aug 20, 2014
   

Re: Rob Parker: Curry NOT a transcendent player, NOT that guy 

Post#74 » by clyde21 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 5:07 am

WHITE_HOT_HEAT wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
Metallikid wrote:
THE POINT IS HE DID NOTHING BEFORE THEM. WHY IS IT SO HARD FOR WARRIORS/CURRY FANS TO READ ENGLISH?

Like eight responses and nobody even cared to read what I was saying.

2009-2010: 26-56
2010-2011: 36-46
2011-2012: 23-43
2012-2013: 47-35 (1 playoff series win)
2013-2014: 51-31

That's what Curry did before he had all three of Kerr, Klay and Dray. Bupkis.


2009 - rookie
2010 - 22 years old
2011 - played in only 26 games
2012 - 47 wins and WC semis
2013 - 51 wins and a 7-game series against the Cp3/Blake/DJ Clippers
2014 - RING
2015 - 73 win season and a finals appearance
2016 - RING
2017 - RING
2018 - finals appearance and took YOUR raptors to 6 games single handedly
2019 - hurt, teams goes wins a whopping 15 games without
2020 - comes back and takes that same 15 win team to on a PO push

so your entire point is that Curry didn't do anything his first 3 years while he was battling ankle injuries the entire time while being drafted into a franchise that had been a door mop for FOUR decades?

congratulations, we're all in awe of this level of analysis. :lol:


Seriously.. wtf was that analysis? :lol:
People just make blanket statements and start arguments nowadays despite the mountain of evidence contrary to it.

Steph has proved more than enough. This year again shows he can light it up with a semi decent cast - his cast is horrible.
Also shows that the much touted Kerr is handicapped without a cast.

Can't believe an ugly bird brain professional troll like Rob also has people who agree with his viewpoints...


apparently Steph should have been leading the Warriors to rings the minute he stepped on an NBA court as a rookie
#BLM #FREEPALESTINE
Metallikid
RealGM
Posts: 10,085
And1: 9,377
Joined: Mar 10, 2010
       

Re: Rob Parker: Curry NOT a transcendent player, NOT that guy 

Post#75 » by Metallikid » Thu Apr 8, 2021 5:27 am

clyde21 wrote:
Metallikid wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
2009 - rookie
2010 - 22 years old
2011 - played in only 26 games
2012 - 47 wins and WC semis
2013 - 51 wins and a 7-game series against the Cp3/Blake/DJ Clippers
2014 - RING
2015 - 73 win season and a finals appearance
2016 - RING
2017 - RING
2018 - finals appearance and took YOUR raptors to 6 games single handedly
2019 - hurt, teams goes wins a whopping 15 games without
2020 - comes back and takes that same 15 win team to on a PO push

so your entire point is that Curry didn't do anything his first 3 years while he was battling ankle injuries the entire time while being drafted into a franchise that had been a door mop for FOUR decades?

congratulations, we're all in awe of this level of analysis. :lol:


Congratulations, you brought 2015-2020 into a conversation that was literally and explicitly about about 2010-2014.

Curry stans would be hilarious if they weren't so sad.


i am showing the entire trajectory of his career...which season specifically do you think he should've done more? please give something to work on to back up your stance because you've offered virtually nothing here.


Which is irrelevant, and again it was his first 5 seasons. He only got Kerr in his 6th season. You guys have to lie to make your arguments appear more substantive. Here's the difference between Curry and 'transcendent.'

LeBron first five seasons: 4 All-Star, 4 All-NBA, 5 series wins including a Finals appearance and two Game 7 losses - Pistons, Celtics

Jordan first five seasons: 5 All-Star, 4 All-NBA, 3 series wins

Kareem first five seasons: 5 All-Star, 5 All-NBA, 7 series wins including a title and a Game 7 loss in the Finals to the Celtics

Steph first five seasons: 1 All-Star, 1 All-NBA, 1 series win and a Game 7 loss in the first round


So you wanted me to tell you something along the lines of, 'what more did you want Curry to do in his first five seasons?'

The answer is simple - more than that.
Red Shoelace - HangTime - VinBaker6 - 6ixSideSniper

* * * * * * * BOARD MEN * GET TITLES * * * * * * *
User avatar
clyde21
RealGM
Posts: 48,048
And1: 54,660
Joined: Aug 20, 2014
   

Re: Rob Parker: Curry NOT a transcendent player, NOT that guy 

Post#76 » by clyde21 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 5:41 am

Metallikid wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
Metallikid wrote:
Congratulations, you brought 2015-2020 into a conversation that was literally and explicitly about about 2010-2014.

Curry stans would be hilarious if they weren't so sad.


i am showing the entire trajectory of his career...which season specifically do you think he should've done more? please give something to work on to back up your stance because you've offered virtually nothing here.


Which is irrelevant, and again it was his first 5 seasons. He only got Kerr in his 6th season. You guys have to lie to make your arguments appear more substantive. Here's the difference between Curry and 'transcendent.'

LeBron first five seasons: 4 All-Star, 4 All-NBA, 5 series wins including a Finals appearance and two Game 7 losses - Pistons, Celtics

Jordan first five seasons: 5 All-Star, 4 All-NBA, 3 series wins

Kareem first five seasons: 5 All-Star, 5 All-NBA, 7 series wins including a title and a Game 7 loss in the Finals to the Celtics

Steph first five seasons: 1 All-Star, 1 All-NBA, 1 series win and a Game 7 loss in the first round


So you wanted me to tell you something along the lines of, 'what more did you want Curry to do in his first five seasons?'

The answer is simple - more than that.


oh no! Steph was not as good as the THREE greatest players of all time in their first 5 years in the league...what a travesty.

also, Steph should've made the all star team in 12-13...he averaged 23/4/7/2 on 45/45/90...is just took a while for the national media to catch up to what was happening in GS because, again, the Warriors had been a doormat virtually their entire existence before Steph came thru those doors.

and again, during the beginning of his career Steph was battling major ankle injuries, including missing the majority of his 3rd season...hence the contract he was offered at the time because he was seen as a huge injury risk.

and I'll ask you again: which season specifically should have Curry done more? be specific. which season the Warriors didn't make the POs they should have, and which PO series they didn't won should they have? go.
#BLM #FREEPALESTINE
Metallikid
RealGM
Posts: 10,085
And1: 9,377
Joined: Mar 10, 2010
       

Re: Rob Parker: Curry NOT a transcendent player, NOT that guy 

Post#77 » by Metallikid » Thu Apr 8, 2021 5:45 am

clyde21 wrote:
Metallikid wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
i am showing the entire trajectory of his career...which season specifically do you think he should've done more? please give something to work on to back up your stance because you've offered virtually nothing here.


Which is irrelevant, and again it was his first 5 seasons. He only got Kerr in his 6th season. You guys have to lie to make your arguments appear more substantive. Here's the difference between Curry and 'transcendent.'

LeBron first five seasons: 4 All-Star, 4 All-NBA, 5 series wins including a Finals appearance and two Game 7 losses - Pistons, Celtics

Jordan first five seasons: 5 All-Star, 4 All-NBA, 3 series wins

Kareem first five seasons: 5 All-Star, 5 All-NBA, 7 series wins including a title and a Game 7 loss in the Finals to the Celtics

Steph first five seasons: 1 All-Star, 1 All-NBA, 1 series win and a Game 7 loss in the first round


So you wanted me to tell you something along the lines of, 'what more did you want Curry to do in his first five seasons?'

The answer is simple - more than that.


oh no! Steph was not as good as the THREE greatest players of all time in their first 5 years in the league...what a travesty.

also, Steph should've made the all star team in 12-13...he averaged 23/4/7/2 on 45/45/90...is just took a while for the national media to catch up to what was happening in GS because, again, the Warriors had been a doormat virtually their entire existence before Steph came thru those doors.

and again, during the beginning of his career Steph was battling major ankle injuries, including missing the majority of his 3rd season...hence the contract he was offered at the time because he was seen as a huge injury risk.


More special pleading. He deserved awards he didn't get. :cry: He was injured so those years don't count. :cry:

You're the one arguing that Curry is transcendent. I just showed you what transcendent looks like. You want to argue Curry is the 20th-30th best player of all time and is just elite, then your argument will be a lot more reasonable.

If you want to keep going down the list of best all time players I bet I get pretty far before I find a player with a worse resume in their first five years than Stephen Curry, and that's a FACT.
Red Shoelace - HangTime - VinBaker6 - 6ixSideSniper

* * * * * * * BOARD MEN * GET TITLES * * * * * * *
User avatar
clyde21
RealGM
Posts: 48,048
And1: 54,660
Joined: Aug 20, 2014
   

Re: Rob Parker: Curry NOT a transcendent player, NOT that guy 

Post#78 » by clyde21 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 5:50 am

Metallikid wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
Metallikid wrote:
Which is irrelevant, and again it was his first 5 seasons. He only got Kerr in his 6th season. You guys have to lie to make your arguments appear more substantive. Here's the difference between Curry and 'transcendent.'

LeBron first five seasons: 4 All-Star, 4 All-NBA, 5 series wins including a Finals appearance and two Game 7 losses - Pistons, Celtics

Jordan first five seasons: 5 All-Star, 4 All-NBA, 3 series wins

Kareem first five seasons: 5 All-Star, 5 All-NBA, 7 series wins including a title and a Game 7 loss in the Finals to the Celtics

Steph first five seasons: 1 All-Star, 1 All-NBA, 1 series win and a Game 7 loss in the first round


So you wanted me to tell you something along the lines of, 'what more did you want Curry to do in his first five seasons?'

The answer is simple - more than that.


oh no! Steph was not as good as the THREE greatest players of all time in their first 5 years in the league...what a travesty.

also, Steph should've made the all star team in 12-13...he averaged 23/4/7/2 on 45/45/90...is just took a while for the national media to catch up to what was happening in GS because, again, the Warriors had been a doormat virtually their entire existence before Steph came thru those doors.

and again, during the beginning of his career Steph was battling major ankle injuries, including missing the majority of his 3rd season...hence the contract he was offered at the time because he was seen as a huge injury risk.


More special pleading. He deserved awards he didn't get. :cry: He was injured so those years don't count. :cry:

You're the one arguing that Curry is transcendent. I just showed you what transcendent looks like. You want to argue Curry is the 20th-30th best player of all time and is just elite, then your argument will be a lot more reasonable.

If you want to keep going down the list of best all time players I bet I get pretty far before I find a player with a worse resume in their first five years than Stephen Curry, and that's a FACT.


no special pleading, I'm letting you how ridiculous it is to base your argument an all-star game appearances, and that despite not getting an all-star nod, he was still beasting and deserved one of the national media at the time was paying attention. it's pretty straight forward.

and Curry is transcendent, that's pretty indisputable by any bar of measure, only unanimous MVP ever, only 1 of 9 players ever to win multiple MVPs and multiple rings, the GOAT shooter, will go down as a top 15-20 player of all time...that doesn't mean he's as good as LeBron and Jordan. :lol:

i'll ask you a 3rd time...which season specifically should have done more? that's 3 times you've failed to answer...if you don't answer in your next post I'm going to assume you have nothing.
#BLM #FREEPALESTINE
dhsilv2
RealGM
Posts: 25,292
And1: 11,032
Joined: Oct 04, 2015

Re: Rob Parker: Curry NOT a transcendent player 

Post#79 » by dhsilv2 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 5:57 am

Pharmcat wrote:
SNPA wrote:Oh well Rob Parker said it so....(no one knows who that is or cares).



how do you not know who Rob Parker is? He gave us one of the funniest moments on first take ever :lol:



People who watch first take shouldn't be allowed to make their own financial decisions. Seriously where do you people find these nobody's?
Metallikid
RealGM
Posts: 10,085
And1: 9,377
Joined: Mar 10, 2010
       

Re: Rob Parker: Curry NOT a transcendent player, NOT that guy 

Post#80 » by Metallikid » Thu Apr 8, 2021 5:58 am

clyde21 wrote:
Metallikid wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
oh no! Steph was not as good as the THREE greatest players of all time in their first 5 years in the league...what a travesty.

also, Steph should've made the all star team in 12-13...he averaged 23/4/7/2 on 45/45/90...is just took a while for the national media to catch up to what was happening in GS because, again, the Warriors had been a doormat virtually their entire existence before Steph came thru those doors.

and again, during the beginning of his career Steph was battling major ankle injuries, including missing the majority of his 3rd season...hence the contract he was offered at the time because he was seen as a huge injury risk.


More special pleading. He deserved awards he didn't get. :cry: He was injured so those years don't count. :cry:

You're the one arguing that Curry is transcendent. I just showed you what transcendent looks like. You want to argue Curry is the 20th-30th best player of all time and is just elite, then your argument will be a lot more reasonable.

If you want to keep going down the list of best all time players I bet I get pretty far before I find a player with a worse resume in their first five years than Stephen Curry, and that's a FACT.


no special pleading, I'm letting you how ridiculous it is to base your argument an all-star game appearances, and that despite not getting an all-star nod, he was still beasting and deserved one of the national media at the time was paying attention. it's pretty straight forward.

and Curry is transcendent, that's pretty indisputable by any bar of measure, only unanimous MVP ever, only 1 of 9 players ever to win multiple MVPs and multiple rings, the GOAT shooter, will go down as a top 15-20 player of all time...that doesn't mean he's as good as LeBron and Jordan. :lol:

i'll ask you a 3rd time...which season specifically should have done more? that's 3 times you've failed to answer...if you don't answer in your next post I'm going to assume you have nothing.


That's literally the definition of special pleading. You've been doing it this whole time.

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/special-pleading

It's outcome based. It doesn't matter what excuse you want to drone on about. He didn't have good enough team success to win multiple playoff rounds and he didn't have good enough individual success to garner awards in those years.

I'm sorry, I don't think he's transcendent. The unanimous MVP is his signature achievement, I give him a lot of credit for that, but I think he is truly a product of his era and not the other way around.
Red Shoelace - HangTime - VinBaker6 - 6ixSideSniper

* * * * * * * BOARD MEN * GET TITLES * * * * * * *

Return to The General Board