Could Bogdan be a late bloomer?

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Could Bogdan be a late bloomer who could one day average in the neighborhood of 18/5/5?

Yes
57%
No
43%

Total votes: 51

Sgt Major
Head Coach
And1: 14,967

Re: Could Bogdan be a late bloomer? 

Post#41 » by Sgt Major » Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:55 am

He's really killing it lately
Det. Frank Pembleton: You know, sometimes you're funny. Then there's now.
FinnTheHuman
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,705

Post#42 » by FinnTheHuman » Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:22 am

Would Trae, Hunter or Collins be able to lead the team to wins if they were in Bogdan’s current situation? They wouldn’t do a job as well as he’s doing right now. Bogdan’s impact is higher than his numbers suggest, always been the case with him. It’s in part because he’s one of those SG’s who slow down the pace a lot offensively, kinda like Jimmy Butler, and then both do everything on a lower volume, and on top of that, a lot of good things happen because he’s an elite floor spacer, but spacing the floor isn't reflected in the individual stats.
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,684

Post#43 » by Pachinko_ » Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:27 am

When he had that 32 point game I watched the highlights, and I thought he was the best player on the floor.

Then, I watched the highlights again, but this time I only watched where he was and what he was doing when the opponents scored a basket. And I thought he was the worst player on the floor.

You take the good with the bad I suppose.
Ryoga Hibiki
RealGM
And1: 6,508

Post#44 » by Ryoga Hibiki » Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:50 am

He's way too accomplished to be called a late bloomer
Слава Украине!
Buzzard
RealGM
And1: 7,522

Post#45 » by Buzzard » Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:45 pm

Ryoga Hibiki wrote:He's way too accomplished to be called a late bloomer

In European play I agree. In the NBA when your best season is 15.1/3.4/3.4 with a TS% of .565, that is not a superior accomplished player. That indicates a good player. There have been plenty of 6th men who matched and/or bettered those numbers.

His past 10 games have been on another level. 3rd team all star like.
BAF Pacers: Unleash Trae!

PG Ice Trae
SG Buddy Hield/Luke Kennard/Brandin Podziemski
SF OG Anunoby/Terrence Ross/Kris Murray
PF Richaun Holmes/JaMychal Green/Chris Livingston
C KAT/Mark Williams
Ryoga Hibiki
RealGM
And1: 6,508

Post#46 » by Ryoga Hibiki » Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:14 pm

Buzzard wrote:

In European play I agree. In the NBA when your best season is 15.1/3.4/3.4 with a TS% of .565, that is not a superior accomplished player. That indicates a good player. There have been plenty of 6th men who matched and/or bettered those numbers.

The thing is that this is just a matter of opportunity, not about a guy suddenly improving.
I am sure you could find dozens of guys in this forum that were expecting this from Bogi, and that we was actually being hold back.
Слава Украине!
Buzzard
RealGM

Post#47 » by Buzzard » Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:26 pm

Ryoga Hibiki wrote:
Buzzard wrote:

The thing is that this is just a matter of opportunity, not about a guy suddenly improving.
I am sure you could find dozens of guys in this forum that were expecting this from Bogi, and that we was actually being hold back.

Its funny and I agree to some extent. But dozens might be a reach. Maybe a dozen at the most saw 18/5/5 potential. When the Hawks first signed Bogdan and Gallinari, their off season was seen as a win by most. On most boards and in the media.

But man that changed with a quickness on the trade board with their slow starts. Then add in Bogdan's injury. It seemed like there was a dump one and/or the other trade created once a week. Sometimes twice a week. I do mean dump so the the Hawks could reload for 2021 free agency :lol:

Those days have passed with Nate taking over.

PG Ice Trae
C KAT/Mark Williams
epfou1
Sophomore
And1: 190

Post#48 » by epfou1 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:30 pm

KGtabake wrote:I liked Bogi since his euro days and i'm glad if he is doing well.
The problem is that all of Bogi, Young, Collins, Huerter, Reddish are bad defenders, so they can't mix it up in an attempt to be better defensively.
Hunter has very good two way potential and he must play so that the Hawks will be having a sort of defensive presence in the perimeter.
They even let Rondo go and replaced him with LWill who is also a bad defender.
The Hawks will need to find good perimeter defenders in the future. For now, they are fine, they will make the playoffs which is the goal for this season.

Reddish is a good defender. Probably the only thing he does good that stops him being considered a complete bust.
Buzzard
RealGM

Post#49 » by Buzzard » Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:34 pm

epfou1 wrote:
KGtabake wrote:I liked Bogi since his euro days and i'm glad if he is doing well.
The problem is that all of Bogi, Young, Collins, Huerter, Reddish are bad defenders, so they can't mix it up in an attempt to be better defensively.
Hunter has very good two way potential and he must play so that the Hawks will be having a sort of defensive presence in the perimeter.
They even let Rondo go and replaced him with LWill who is also a bad defender.
The Hawks will need to find good perimeter defenders in the future. For now, they are fine, they will make the playoffs which is the goal for this season.

Reddish is a good defender. Probably the only thing he does good that stops him being considered a complete bust.

You beat me to it. I saw that post by KBtabake yesterday but got distracted. I agree 100%. Reddish worse case is a Thabo like defender with better length.

PG Ice Trae
C KAT/Mark Williams
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#50 » by Ruzious » Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:18 pm

He's not a late bloomer, and he's not a surprise, imo. He just hasn't been in any good situations in the NBA. He's a very fine all-around versatile player who's gradually improved.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams

Return to The General Board