If the Nets win the Chip can they forge a dynasty with this group?

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Noodlesoop
Senior
And1: 561

Re: If the Nets win the Chip can they forge a dynasty with this group? 

Post#21 » by Noodlesoop » Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:00 pm

Ballerhogger wrote:Well depending on claxtion development and keeping joe for the long term maybe . Griffin, Jordan , LMA are on thier last legs . Probaly won’t se them again next year

Why would Jordan not be back next year? He’s got two years left on his contract so he won’t retire and it’s $10m per year so it’s unlikely they can trade him.
Moahst
Senior
And1: 650

Post#22 » by Moahst » Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:05 pm

I predict a 3 year window of absolute dominance and then a sudden implosion. I'm guessing at least two championships during the next 3 seasons.
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#23 » by Ballerhogger » Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:16 pm

Noodlesoop wrote:
Ballerhogger wrote:Well depending on claxtion development and keeping joe for the long term maybe . Griffin, Jordan , LMA are on thier last legs . Probaly won’t se them again next year

Why would Jordan not be back next year? He’s got two years left on his contract so he won’t retire and it’s $10m per year so it’s unlikely they can trade him.

he will be at the end of the bench i guess he looks about done
Mister Ze
RealGM
And1: 23,201

Post#24 » by Mister Ze » Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:12 pm

Who cares ? As long as they’ve got their big 3 we’ll continue seeing guys take buyouts and join them.

Griffin LMA this year, probably Lebron and Zion next year lol
GYK
General Manager
And1: 2,627

Post#25 » by GYK » Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:03 pm

I mean they could. Spencer and MLE aren’t in use yet. If Tsai doesn’t mind spending they could be even better next year.
KGtabake
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,577

Post#26 » by KGtabake » Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:15 pm

The4thHorseman wrote:
NADALalot wrote:They need to identify which superstar is going to decline the fastest.
So in 2023 or 2024 if one of the superstars is about to lose effectiveness, they need to trade that superstar for an emerging superstar.
They'll get a 3-peat with these guys, but a dynasty is something else and requires some smart maneuvers.

Who the hell is going to trade a young emerging superstar for an older superstar who's on the decline and the wrong side of 30?

The Timberwolves.
Messi. Jordan. Ali. Bolt. Senna. Serena. Karelin. Phelps. Rossi. Suleymanoglou. The GOATs.
DaPessimist
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,501

Post#27 » by DaPessimist » Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:18 pm

They're gonna be the favorite to win it all as long as Harden and Durant are healthy.
TwitterFingers
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,419

Post#28 » by TwitterFingers » Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:18 pm

Putting the cart before the horse. I have questions if they can win 1. Also I don’t know if Kyrie and Durant can stay healthy year after year in the playoffs
Metallikid
RealGM
And1: 9,962

Post#29 » by Metallikid » Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:19 pm

PrinceCliche wrote:Core players: KD, Kyrie, Harden, Nic Claxton, Jeff Green and Joe Harris, 28-30 1st Rd pick.

Likely back next season: LaMarcus Aldridge, Blake Griffin, Landry Shamet, Tyler Johnson & Bruce Brown,

Likely gone next season: Chris Chiozza, Spencer Dinwiddie & Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot.

If the Nets cannot keep Dinwiddie, they need a really good backup point guard to replace him. I hope they can keep him. Also I think the Nets need another power player like Jeff Green, so if we can keep Spencer and add a power player the Nets will have the balanced roster needed to challenge the league for a Three-peat dynasty.

Depending on how dominant they are for the 16 wins needed to win the Championship will tell us if this Nets team can do it. I know health will be a huge consideration but if healthy I strongly believe they can do it.

Why do you think Blake and LMA are going to come back for peanuts? They came for peanuts because they got bought out and already got paid. They aren't going to play for peanuts again, especially if they win a title.
MagicBagley18
RealGM
And1: 20,332

Post#30 » by MagicBagley18 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:27 pm

The nets core part of a dynasty will be harden KD kyrie. Then an important piece in harris etc but if they win the Blake’s and lma and whoever will constantly be changing bc they’ll be able to bring in other established vets to ring chase and serve roles etc.
JJ_PR
Analyst
And1: 2,808

Post#31 » by JJ_PR » Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:28 pm

levon wrote:
NADALalot wrote:They need to identify which superstar is going to decline the fastest.
So in 2023 or 2024 if one of the superstars is about to lose effectiveness, they need to trade that superstar for an emerging superstar.
They'll get a 3-peat with these guys, but a dynasty is something else and requires some smart maneuvers.

not even the unbeatable Warriors got a 3-peat. Let's pump the breaks and see if they get a 1-peat

Because they got hurt. Brooklyn without a doubt can get a 3-peat.
BrooklynDynasty
Pro Prospect
And1: 693

Post#32 » by BrooklynDynasty » Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:34 pm

As long as we have the big three we'll be at the top of the East so yeah
PrinceCliche
Sixth Man
And1: 720

Post#33 » by PrinceCliche » Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:36 pm

Metallikid wrote:
PrinceCliche wrote:Core players: KD, Kyrie, Harden, Nic Claxton, Jeff Green and Joe Harris, 28-30 1st Rd pick.

Likely back next season: LaMarcus Aldridge, Blake Griffin, Landry Shamet, Tyler Johnson & Bruce Brown,

Likely gone next season: Chris Chiozza, Spencer Dinwiddie & Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot.

If the Nets cannot keep Dinwiddie, they need a really good backup point guard to replace him. I hope they can keep him. Also I think the Nets need another power player like Jeff Green, so if we can keep Spencer and add a power player the Nets will have the balanced roster needed to challenge the league for a Three-peat dynasty.

Depending on how dominant they are for the 16 wins needed to win the Championship will tell us if this Nets team can do it. I know health will be a huge consideration but if healthy I strongly believe they can do it.

Why do you think Blake and LMA are going to come back for peanuts? They came for peanuts because they got bought out and already got paid. They aren't going to play for peanuts again, especially if they win a title.

Did you know that Blake has a $30 million salary with the pistons next season? Google it.

As for LMA we could give me the LME, I think its like 8mil.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,987

Post#34 » by zimpy27 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:43 pm

Way too early to speculate. You need to go to a minimum of 4 finals and win 2 chips before being even considered a dynasty.

Even if Nets get to 3 finals and win 2 chips then they will only be as good as Pau Kobe Lakers, which weren't considered a dynasty.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
Reverend X
Freshman
And1: 103

Post#35 » by Reverend X » Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:47 pm

All of KD’s rings are so bogus and forgettable. This one will be no different. Just sleep walking to a ring with all the help in the world, bring on asterisk championship #3.
levon
RealGM
And1: 23,217

Post#36 » by levon » Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:48 pm

JJ_PR wrote:
levon wrote:

not even the unbeatable Warriors got a 3-peat. Let's pump the breaks and see if they get a 1-peat

Because they got hurt. Brooklyn without a doubt can get a 3-peat.

Before they've even 1-peated, the same guy who got hurt with the Warriors has gotten hurt again, and another guy's been out with a hammy, and the the third one was out basically two out of the last three years. The question was not whether they can 3-peat. I was responding to the person who said they will. It's incredibly difficult to repeat in the NBA, let alone get 3 with a core, let alone get all three in a row.
Lockdown504090
RealGM
And1: 12,090

Post#37 » by Lockdown504090 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:50 pm

I think they can. The nets are an attractive team. Everybody hates them, so it’s lots of attention. You get lots of shots because Durant and Irving will miss a lot of games. When they lose, the stats will get the blame because the media doesn’t like them. Sounds like a great deal to me

Like if they get you open shots and you can’t hit, they’re going to question kds mental toughness, not your shooting ability, or blame a lack of leadership
WHITE_HOT_HEAT
Sixth Man
And1: 2,209

Post#38 » by WHITE_HOT_HEAT » Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:50 pm

NADALalot wrote:
levon wrote:

This roster is better than the Warriors.
Poor health can stop them from 3-peating, but nothing else can.
They only need 2 of the 3 superstars.
I didn't think it would be this easy, but Harden-Kyrie look like a championship team.
And KD-Harden is their best duo, I predict.

Now you're going way overboard. If you think any iteration of Kyrie Harden is going to win a championship, you have absolutely not watched playoffs anytime over the last decade.

They need all three and Joe Harris!!
Kyrie substituted by another half decent PG could also potentially be a championship team.
"And a Man?... A Man provides... And he does it even when he's not appreciated, or respected, or even loved. He simply bears up and he does it.... Because he's a Man...."
PrinceCliche
Sixth Man
And1: 720

Post#39 » by PrinceCliche » Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:51 pm

zimpy27 wrote:Way too early to speculate. You need to go to a minimum of 4 finals and win 2 chips before being even considered a dynasty.

Even if Nets get to 3 finals and win 2 chips then they will only be as good as Pau Kobe Lakers, which weren't considered a dynasty.

My minimum standard for a dynasty is a three peat. However although the Warriors did not win 3 in a row, they did win three chips and I consider them a dynasty team.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,987

Post#40 » by zimpy27 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:55 pm

PrinceCliche wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:Way too early to speculate. You need to go to a minimum of 4 finals and win 2 chips before being even considered a dynasty.

My minimum standard for a dynasty is a three peat. However although the Warriors did not win 3 in a row, they did win three chips and I consider them a dynasty team.

So you just negated your own minimum. I suppose Spurs weren't a dynasty? Showtime Lakers weren't? Bird Celtics weren't?
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie

Return to The General Board