Nets wont win a title with the garbage they have at center

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

brannigan73
Rookie
And1: 617

Nets wont win a title with the garbage they have at center 

Post#1 » by brannigan73 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:12 pm

That thought crystalized in my mind watching the Lakers and Brooklyn on Saturday and watching Drummond brutalize LeMarcus Aldridge. Either D'Andre Jordan enters some kind of fountain of youth and can give them about 20-25 effective minutes per game in the playoffs or as good as Harden, Irving, and Durant will be on offense I just feel like having no defensive presense inside will catch up to them eventually. If they think they are winning a title with LeMarcus Aldridge playing center for 20-25 minutes a game they are sadly mistaken imo. At the very least they are going to need at some point to acquire a defensive minded center that can be a serviceable roll man, defend the paint, and defensive rebound in they want to have a mini dynasty. When they play Embiid and Giannis in the playoffs those two guys are going to be able to name there point totals with the roster as it is. They will also get crushed on the boards against those two teams. They might actually have an easier time if they can get to the finals if they can avoid the Lakers and Nuggets. If its the Lakers Anthony Davis will name his point totals and Lebron will be chachaing to the basket all game long. If its the Nuggets same thing with Jokic plus size all over that roster.
JimmyPlopper
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,555

Re: Nets wont win a title with the garbage they have at center 

Post#2 » by JimmyPlopper » Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:16 pm

brannigan73 wrote:That thought crystalized in my mind watching the Lakers and Brooklyn on Saturday and watching Drummond brutalize LeMarcus Aldridge. Either D'Andre Jordan enters some kind of fountain of youth and can give them about 20-25 effective minutes per game in the playoffs or as good as Harden, Irving, and Durant will be on offense I just feel like having no defensive presense inside will catch up to them eventually. If they think they are winning a title with LeMarcus Aldridge playing center for 20-25 minutes a game they are sadly mistaken imo. At the very least they are going to need at some point to acquire a defensive minded center that can be a serviceable roll man, defend the paint, and defensive rebound in they want to have a mini dynasty. When they play Embiid and Giannis in the playoffs those two guys are going to be able to name there point totals with the roster as it is. They will also get crushed on the boards against those two teams. They might actually have an easier time if they can get to the finals if they can avoid the Lakers and Nuggets. If its the Lakers Anthony Davis will name his point totals and Lebron will be chachaing to the basket all game long.

Depends on matchups. They would struggle in the playoffs against a powerful center. Some good teams like Miami and Clippers wouldn't pose any major threat to them in this regard
you can't kill me - i was born dead
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,888

Post#3 » by Hello Brooklyn » Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:18 pm

When the Big 3 come back they will target Drummond and play him off the floor. I'm not too worried about him at all.

It was one game.
beeshma
Starter
And1: 1,797

Post#4 » by beeshma » Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:23 pm

LaMarcus does his post moves and counter-moves and the TV announcers praise him. To my eyes, LA looks like he's regressed to the level of a rookie Aaron Gray. So prideful of these post moves but they don't actually work if someone puts a body on him.
Bergmaniac
Head Coach
And1: 9,553

Post#5 » by Bergmaniac » Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:26 pm

Claxton, Aldridge and DJ give them good enough centre depth for them to win the title with all of their quality in the other positions.
Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,834

Post#6 » by Beethoven » Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:30 pm

I think they're fine. they still claim to run right to the championship.
Powerful claim.
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
TwitterFingers
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,419

Post#7 » by TwitterFingers » Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:31 pm

As a knick fan I hope you’re right
Jadoogar
RealGM
And1: 14,761

Post#8 » by Jadoogar » Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:31 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:When the Big 3 come back they will target Drummond and play him off the floor. I'm not too worried about him at all.

It was one game.

Embiid is likely the bigger issue than Drummond.
Even still, Nets will jut have too much firepower.
theforumblue
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,893

Post#9 » by theforumblue » Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:33 pm

defense? we talking about defense?!
screw these absolute garbage refs
Beethoven
Head Coach

Post#10 » by Beethoven » Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:34 pm

theforumblue wrote:defense? we talking about defense?!

dont worry..they have tooooo much firepower.
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,790

Post#11 » by UcanUwill » Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:35 pm

I really home Embiid and 76ers prove this man right.
Karate Diop
General Manager
And1: 9,842

Post#12 » by Karate Diop » Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:39 pm

When the Nets flip the switch low IQ centers like Drummond can't stay on the floor...
GYK
General Manager
And1: 2,627

Post#13 » by GYK » Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:40 pm

I’m sure they know what/who exactly is on the roster. Not the most dominant rebounding team but wins the rebounding battle. When healthy they have five 6’10 players. If connected and healthy not a small team.
IgorK
Veteran
And1: 4,786

Post#14 » by IgorK » Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:41 pm

Lakers won the title with AD/Morris at center. You don't need a "real center" to win it all.
"You want me to own a team and deal with these rich, spoiled stubborn athletes, and try to get them to perform? No thank you." - Kobe

AMG
levon
RealGM
And1: 23,210

Post#15 » by levon » Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:43 pm

Yeah, their bigs aren't going to do a great job. Everyone saying Drummond will be played off the floor are missing Lebron and AD playing LMA, Blake, and DJ off the floor. And I guarantee you Lebron will be targeting Claxton and Jeff Green in switches to free up the offensive glass for AD.
Beethoven
Head Coach

Post#16 » by Beethoven » Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:43 pm

IgorK wrote:Lakers won the title with AD/Morris at center. You don't need a "real center" to win it all.

levon wrote:Yeah, their bigs aren't going to do a great job. Everyone saying Drummond will be played off the floor are missing Lebron and AD playing LMA, Blake, and DJ off the floor. And I guarantee you Lebron will be targeting Claxton and Jeff Green in switches to free up the offensive glass for AD.

yeah. I am sure Vogel and staff already know our weaknesses and strengths and already have adjustments noted for future games.

It is not like Nash and co. who need to read through all these forums to find out what their fans want their team to do.

So, i would stop posting our counters here. Why give them feedback?
Just post "you netters are right ! yes we have a low IQ center! we gonna get blasted!"

8-)
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,888

Post#17 » by Hello Brooklyn » Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:45 pm

Jadoogar wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:When the Big 3 come back they will target Drummond and play him off the floor. I'm not too worried about him at all.

It was one game.

Embiid is likely the bigger issue than Drummond.
Even still, Nets will jut have too much firepower.

Embiid will be a serious issue. But who is the secondary option on that team?

We already saw the Celtics guard Embiid with Daniel Theis and the Sixers still got swept.

I don't trust Simmons or Harris to be a serious threat.
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,568
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#18 » by LloydFree » Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:46 pm

I don't think what they have at Center matters as much as their Defense as a whole, or their health. Kyrie is always hurt towards the end of seasons and KD is a bit of a question mark based on the lower half injuries he's had.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
JN61
RealGM
And1: 9,021

Post#19 » by JN61 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:46 pm

Why? Embiid is more happy to play outside than inside and in finals you have someone like Gobert who won't win you serie on the offensive side even if you leave him wide open.
Pennebaker wrote:And Bird did it while being a defensive liability. But he also made All-Defensive teams, which was another controversial issue regarding Bird and votes.
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 26,967

Post#20 » by Domejandro » Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:47 pm

LaMarcus Aldridge, Nicolas Claxton, Blake Griffin, and Deandre Jordan is a perfectly adequate rotation of players.

Return to The General Board