Oh So We’re Gonna Ignore What Russell Westbrook is Doing?

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,415

Re: Oh So We’re Gonna Ignore What Russell Westbrook is Doing? 

Post#81 » by Raps in 4 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:43 am

That's great. I hope the Wizards keep winning.
TinmanZBoy
Head Coach
And1: 4,720

Post#82 » by TinmanZBoy » Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:08 am

The_Hater wrote:
CIN-C-STAR wrote:
TinmanZBoy wrote:if this averaging triple double happens to another person, it would have been a thing for this season... for Russ, people actually just ignore it

He literally won an MVP award because he averaged a triple double, and now we're claiming he's a victim because he doesnt get enough hype for his triple doubles?
Lol

To be fair, the season RWB won the mvp his TS% was a career high, his advanced stats were strong, OKC overachieved and they were a really awful team if Westbrook wasn’t on the floor. There were strong numbers behind the TD.

Since that time, his TS% continues to fall, his advanced stats continue to crater and the last 4 seasons his team has disappointed in the standings.

People love to think that one triple double is the same as the next, but they’re not. And RWB has gone from a deserving MVP candidate (at worst top 3-4) to a player with terrible shot selection who does less to help his team win games every season now.

yes, we called him goatbrook the whole season
Hi Clutchie, I love you... :kiss
CobraCommander
RealGM
And1: 13,916

Post#83 » by CobraCommander » Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:59 am

Shock Defeat wrote:
CobraCommander wrote:
Shock Defeat wrote:He's averaging 5 turnovers a game and how many of those rebounds are stat padding?

This....those TO are kill you....but I see you a rockets fan so I bet you would rather watch RW over JW....

RW ain’t that ALLSTAR good anymore but dude tries hard as hell every Damn play - Russ players like it’s life or death-like game 7 in the 4th quarter - so if you not winning a ring might as well be truly entertained

RW on the Rockets would have them maybe out of the top 4 but still one of the worst teams in the league. JW is at least 2 years younger which could make a difference. Westbrook next year or in 2 years might be all time bad given his mentality and age catching up to him even more than it has.

JW shooting nearly the worse he has in his career (and that’s really bad) while taking the most shots of his career and Houston losing more than ever....while y’all got younger cheaper exciting guards that need time. JW making 41 mil....RW gonna make the same but he gonna try hard....trust me if you gonna suck ~ I would rather watch a man TRYING to earn his money. You have to admit JW comes across disinterested when the team is losing. He also smiles when y’all lose and he gets his stats....you know you hate that crap. JW is still my favorite basketball player because he did so much off the court for dc....he getting his jersey retired in DC but he isn’t a winning player....
JustOneFix
Analyst
And1: 408

Post#84 » by JustOneFix » Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:40 am

I don't see even Lebron or Kawhi winning some games when your starters are Rui Hachimura, Alex Len and Dani Avdija, while your top bench mob is Ish Smith and Robin Lopez.

That's just a god damn awfull team, but yeah lets blame Russ.
Ontario
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,100

Post#85 » by Ontario » Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:21 pm

Ontario wrote:
dlts20 wrote:36, 15, and 9 on 13-24 from the field. Now in a 3 way tie with Chicago and Toronto for the play in

Russ scored 10 of Washington's 12 pts. in OT to win the game (while also assisting on Bradley Beals lay-up for the remaining 2 pts).

3/4 FG - 2/3 3pt - 2-2 FT 10 pts. 1 ast. 1 reb. in OT.

I JuSt dOn'T SeE the ImAct?

For persepective the Wizards won this game and the second best player for them tonight was Daniel Gafford.... after Russ & Beal this team is very lean on talent.

One last interesting aside on last nights game against the Pelicans, if you just glance at teh game on the surface you might be tempted to say, "Hey, look at that... winning baskteball but no tripledouble see the Russ hate is vindicated" despite him blatantly winning that game for Wahington.

The rest of his starters went a combined 17-49 from the floor last night, could have easily been a 13-14 assist night for him.

Russ is just out there being himself, he wants to win regardless of if it ends up a TD or not. You can be numb to any one or TD boxscore if you want, but appriciate the larger picture of what Russ is giving us for his career.
If you do not know how good a basketball player Gary Payton was just go and stand near him for a little while, there's a good chance he'll come over and tell you. - Ahmad Rashad
Homer38
RealGM
And1: 11,840

Post#86 » by Homer38 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:07 pm

He is also the best clutch scorer in the NBA this year according to this

Read on Twitter
JN61
RealGM
And1: 9,021

Post#87 » by JN61 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:13 am

Homer38 wrote:He is also the best clutch scorer in the NBA this year according to this

Read on Twitter

That is impressive stat. Westbrook every now and then surprises you with stuff like this. In 2017 he was insanely clutch, but didn't know about this one.

On another note, Westbrook now has 15 game streak of double digit rebounds. In this 15 game span he has averaged stats of:

21.8 PPG, 14.2 TRB, 12.5 AST with 44% FG. His rebounding right now is videogame-esque. I haven't seen anything like this from such a small player since Rodman days. Every game and you know he is easily breaking that even 10 rebounds, usually by 3rd quarter.

Westbrook is also now n.9 on the NBA RPG season leaders. The highest American player on the list, which is interesting as someone pointed out while ago (how Americans have weak presence on such a list).
Pennebaker wrote:And Bird did it while being a defensive liability. But he also made All-Defensive teams, which was another controversial issue regarding Bird and votes.
michaelm
RealGM
And1: 4,795

Post#88 » by michaelm » Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:53 am

Have to agree now, hard to ignore Westbrook’s recent form.
AbeVigodaLive
Assistant Coach
And1: 6,399

Post#89 » by AbeVigodaLive » Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:32 pm

Maybe this is a late-career trend for Westbrook. He's started off slow... and ramped up in each of the past two seasons. Does it have something to do with joining new teams and finding his place (or taking control)?

2020:
Nov: 21.9 ppg / 6.3 reb / 5.8 apg / 41.1%
Dec: 27.1 / 8.4 / 7.4 / 42.8%
Jan: 32.5 / 8.3 / 8.2 / 52.2%
Feb: 33.4 / 7.3 / 6.0 / 54.9%

2021:
Jan: 21.6 ppg / 7.4 reb / 7.9 apg / 39.8%
Feb: 19.1 / 10.4 / 9.6 / 43.8%
March: 25.2 / 10.9 / 12.5 / 44.8%
April: 21.6 / 13.4 / 12.1 / 45.6%

Return to The General Board