04/16/21 phila-clippers game of the day

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

fanofthegreats
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,401

Re: 04/16/21 phila-clippers game of the day 

Post#61 » by fanofthegreats » Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:27 am

Why does Randle play the 1? So dumb

Sig by Trixx
zonedefense
Analyst
And1: 3,941

Post#62 » by zonedefense » Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:29 am

Refs refuse to give the Mavs FTs. How is a missed tip in not a shot attempt?
dygaction
Head Coach
And1: 4,175

Post#63 » by dygaction » Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:34 am

zonedefense wrote:Refs refuse to give the Mavs FTs. How is a missed tip in not a shot attempt?

That was absolutely ridiculous. :noway:
Black Mage
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,580

Post#64 » by Black Mage » Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:34 am

leolozon wrote:
XtremeDunkz wrote:
leolozon wrote:
What an immature answer. According to you, you can't express an opinion without crying? Maybe you have some growing up to do.
Sixers are probably the most physical team in the league. Embiid should get more free throws than he does.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Yeah, sure, no bias. You seem to think that guys shoot FTs after every contact they get. The refs don't call everything. And from the games that I've seen, Embiid gets high ratio of soft calls.

Historically he's right in line with other great centers that lived in the paint and were physically overwhelming to opponents. Shaq was getting to the line double digits times a game by his 2nd year which was well before the hack-a-shaq years. David Robinson avg'd double digit attempts. It's just the way league goes for dominating centers.

::EDIT:: Same for Moses, Howard, Morning. All of them were immensely overpowering compared to piers and it resulted in them getting fouled and getting foul calls. Even Cousins, before the injuries, at the height of his physical dominance was getting close to or over double digit foul shots a game.
cjx
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,480

Post#65 » by cjx » Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:40 am

The mighty Nuggets aren't joking around! You'll see the Nuggets in the 2021 NBA Finals! You know what it is, folks.
Take a couple of minutes and check out this comic book, my friends: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/574101710/the-assemblage-issue-1a-courage-and-no-more-crises
Chanel Bomber
RealGM
And1: 37,517

Post#66 » by Chanel Bomber » Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:50 am

fanofthegreats wrote:Why does Randle play the 1? So dumb

He's a good passer and playmaker for a forward.
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 43,902

Post#67 » by DaGawd » Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:54 am

Chanel Bomber wrote:
fanofthegreats wrote:Why does Randle play the 1? So dumb

He's a good passer and playmaker for a forward.

Yep he’s a legit point foward.. and probably our best playmaker so he kinda has to play the 1
BaF
Washington Wizards
leolozon
General Manager
And1: 7,755

Post#68 » by leolozon » Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:57 am

Black Mage wrote:
leolozon wrote:
XtremeDunkz wrote:Sixers are probably the most physical team in the league. Embiid should get more free throws than he does.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Yeah, sure, no bias. You seem to think that guys shoot FTs after every contact they get. The refs don't call everything. And from the games that I've seen, Embiid gets high ratio of soft calls.

Historically he's right in line with other great centers that lived in the paint and were physically overwhelming to opponents. Shaq was getting to the line double digits times a game by his 2nd year which was well before the hack-a-shaq years. David Robinson avg'd double digit attempts. It's just the way league goes for dominating centers.

Embiid is playing 32mpg. The year Robinson averaged as much FTs, he was playing 40.5 mpg. Shaq only averaged more FTs than Embiid 1 time in his career and he was playing 39.5mpg, plus teams wanted him to take FTs. Embiid is killing them both in FTA per 100, except 1 Shaq season (2001).

In that year (once again, the most FTA by Shaq by a decent margin), Shaq had 1031 FGA inside 8 feet to 972 FTs. This year Embiid is at 269 FGA inside 8 feet to 430 FTA.

From the game that I've watched, I do think that Embiid is getting a lot of soft calls. You should be happy about it. The star on my team gets hacked a lot on drives and doesn't shoot a lot of FTs considering the fouls he gets. I would love it if he got more calls.
Marvin Martian
Head Coach
And1: 5,053

Post#69 » by Marvin Martian » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:19 am

I don't know how Knicks fans can stand watching Randle; so many wasted possessions on bad isos where no one else touches the ball
dygaction
Head Coach
And1: 4,175

Post#70 » by dygaction » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:19 am

leolozon wrote:
Black Mage wrote:
leolozon wrote:

Embiid is playing 32mpg. The year Robinson averaged as much FTs, he was playing 40.5 mpg. Shaq only averaged more FTs than Embiid 1 time in his career and he was playing 39.5mpg, plus teams wanted him to take FTs. Embiid is killing them both in FTA per 100, except 1 Shaq season (2001).

In that year (once again, the most FTA by Shaq by a decent margin), Shaq had 1031 FGA inside 8 feet to 972 FTs. This year Embiid is at 269 FGA inside 8 feet to 430 FTA.

From the game that I've watched, I do think that Embiid is getting a lot of soft calls. You should be happy about it. The star on my team gets hacked a lot on drives and doesn't shoot a lot of FTs considering the fouls he gets. I would love it if he got more calls.

At some point, coaches across the league should ask for the T when Embiid gets a soft call. When media has to talk about it, the league and refs would have to change.
zonedefense
Analyst
And1: 3,941

Post#71 » by zonedefense » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:24 am

KP makes the tip in and they call a non shooting foul. Complete joke.
Black Mage
Lead Assistant

Post#72 » by Black Mage » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:24 am

leolozon wrote:
Black Mage wrote:
leolozon wrote:

Robison avg'd double digit free throws: as a rookie (36.6 mins, 15.9 shots/gm); Per 100, he averaged double digit attempts every year of his career. By his 4th year he started averaging 15+ a game and topped out at a staggering 19 per 100 by his 8th season. So no, Embiid isn't "killing" Robinson, you just tried to cherry pick a year to suit your narrative.

Shaq's per 100 FTA were off the charts every single year he played. His lowest year being his rookie season and by his 4th year he was hitting career highs at 15+ and Shaq did have a 17+ per 100 season just like Embiid. So yet again you cherry picked a single year to suit your narrative while ignoring all of Shaq's other years.

Moses: same thing, by his 4th season he was over 10 per 100

Howard: same thing, over 10 per 100 and he got into 15+ per 100 by his 4th season.

Counsins: care to guess what his per 100 is going to show? 4th year 13+ per 100

Embiid's free throws per 100 is right in line with each of these other physically imposing dominant centers. You're narrative is just sour grapes that your guy, whoever he is, isn't getting calls. But to claim Embiid is somehow favored is not backed up by historical data which shows physically dominant centers naturally get to the line at a high clip, period.
Golden Knight
Analyst
And1: 4,965

Post#73 » by Golden Knight » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:25 am

dygaction wrote:
zonedefense wrote:Refs refuse to give the Mavs FTs. How is a missed tip in not a shot attempt?

That was absolutely ridiculous. :noway:

Twice now.

He made the basket this time and it didn't count.
DaGawd
RealGM

Post#74 » by DaGawd » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:28 am

Marvin Martian wrote:I don't know how Knicks fans can stand watching Randle; so many wasted possessions on bad isos where no one else touches the ball

The rest of the teams offense isn’t good that’s why
BaF
Washington Wizards
Perdido/BR
Sixth Man
And1: 36

Post#75 » by Perdido/BR » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:29 am

Marvin Martian wrote:I don't know how Knicks fans can stand watching Randle; so many wasted possessions on bad isos where no one else touches the ball

35/7/5 on 14/24 and 6/10 3p by the end of the third quarter.

Yeah. Unbearable.
leolozon
General Manager

Post#76 » by leolozon » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:32 am

Black Mage wrote:
leolozon wrote:
Black Mage wrote:

Robison avg'd double digit free throws: as a rookie (36.6 mins, 15.9 shots/gm); Per 100, he averaged double digit attempts every year of his career. By his 4th year he started averaging 15+ a game and topped out at a staggering 19 per 100 by his 8th season. So no, Embiid isn't "killing" Robinson, you just tried to cherry pick a year to suit your narrative.

Shaq's per 100 FTA were off the charts every single year he played. His lowest year being his rookie season and by his 4th year he was hitting career highs at 15+ and Shaq did have a 17+ per 100 season just like Embiid. So yet again you cherry picked a single year to suit your narrative while ignoring all of Shaq's other years.

Howard: same thing, over 10 per 100 and he got into 15+ per 100 by his 4th season.

Embiid's free throws per 100 is right in line with each of these other physically imposing dominant centers. You're narrative is just sour grapes that your guy, whoever he is, isn't getting calls. But to claim Embiid is somehow favored is not backed up by historical data which shows physically dominant centers naturally get to the line at a high clip, period.

What? I just used numbers concerning Robinson and Shaq because that's the two names you gave me... and now you're telling me it's not backed up by historical data? You didn't answer my post at all. What's the point if you're going to ignore what I write?

I thought your last post was rational, so I gave it a try and went to look at Shaq and Robinson. Now that I see that illogical sentence: "You're narrative is just sour grapes that your guy, whoever he is, isn't getting calls." I see that I shouldn't have bothered. It's always weird when people on the internet act as if they can read other people's mind.
Black Mage
Lead Assistant

Post#77 » by Black Mage » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:39 am

leolozon wrote:
Black Mage wrote:
leolozon wrote:

What? I just used numbers concerning Robinson and Shaq because that's the two names you gave me... and now you're telling me it's not backed up by historical data? You didn't answer my post at all. What's the point if you're going to ignore what I write and act like it's based on nothing?

I thought your last post was rational, so I gave it a try and went to look at Shaq and Robinson. Now that I see that illogical phrase : "You're narrative is just sour grapes that your guy, whoever he is, isn't getting calls." I see that I shouldn't have bothered.

I don't care for disingenuous posters. You stated Embiid killed both Shaq and Robinson is FTA per 100 possessions (I bolded your own statement in case you are too lazy to read what you wrote) and I proceeded to produce stats for Robinson, Shaq and a series of other centers based on FTA per 100 to disprove your claim.

Do you deny that Robinson actually had a 19 FTA per 100 season? Do you deny that Shaq had MULTIPLE 15+ FTA per 100 seasons? Embiid's at 17 FTA per 100 this season, that is not "killing" them by any stretch.
Oscar9992
Analyst
And1: 2,935

Post#78 » by Oscar9992 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:42 am

Mavs are garbage literally. They lost to Rockets, Spurs, Knicks and barely beat Grizzlies.

Some I had Hope's for this dead team.
DaGawd
RealGM

Post#79 » by DaGawd » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:43 am

Oscar9992 wrote:Mavs are garbage literally. They lost to Rockets, Spurs, Knicks and barely beat Grizzlies.

Some I had Hope's for this dead team.

No shame in losing to the Knicks.. we should’ve beat the Mavs in ny a few weeks back if our offense wasn’t unbelievably bad that night. We couldn’t hit a shot
BaF
Washington Wizards
leolozon
General Manager

Post#80 » by leolozon » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:44 am

Black Mage wrote:
leolozon wrote:
Black Mage wrote:

What? I just used numbers concerning Robinson and Shaq because that's the two names you gave me... and now you're telling me it's not backed up by historical data? You didn't answer my post at all. What's the point if you're going to ignore what I write and act like it's based on nothing?

I thought your last post was rational, so I gave it a try and went to look at Shaq and Robinson. Now that I see that illogical phrase : "You're narrative is just sour grapes that your guy, whoever he is, isn't getting calls." I see that I shouldn't have bothered.

I don't care for disingenuous posters. You stated Embiid killed both Shaq and Robinson is FTA per 100 possessions (I bolded your own statement in case you are too lazy to read what you wrote) and I proceeded to produce stats for Robinson, Shaq and a series of other centers based on FTA per 100 to disprove your claim.

Do you deny that Robinson actually had a 19 FTA per 100 season? Do you deny that Shaq had MULTIPLE 15+ FTA per 100 seasons? Embiid's at 17 FTA per 100 this season, that is not "killing" them by any stretch.

You realize that Robinson played 6 games that year and that the sample size is too small? I guess you didn't bother to look.

Embiid is at 17.3 FTA per 100, how is that not killing someone at 15 FTA? You realize that killing can mean beating?

There was nothing disingenuous. Your post doesn't even make sense. You brought up guy that have under 17.3 FTA attempt per 100 and were playing much more inside too and act like it disproves what I said...

Return to The General Board