As a Jokic Homer tonight I Watched Embiid for the First Time Seriously

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Sharkboy242
Veteran
And1: 3,771

Re: As a Jokic Homer tonight I Watched Embiid for the First Time Seriously 

Post#121 » by Sharkboy242 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:02 am

Sixerscan wrote:
Sharkboy242 wrote:
Black Mage wrote:
Feel free to point out a single thing I said that isn't true. A point guard or any player that refuses to shoot outside 3 feet significantly hinders an offense. Clippers were openly abandoning covering Simmons to double or triple Embiid using Simmons' man. It's just a fact.

Oh and his defense sucks, and he can't rebound, and he can't pass the ball, right? Oh wait he does all those things, and thus is an All-Star, and thus he's a big part of what makes the Sixers a good defensive team. Trying to sell him off as a liability in order to bolster up Embiid is comical.

How is Jokic doing offensively without Murray?

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Still elite. Maybe your next argument will be to tell us why Morris is a better PG than Simmons.

The Simmons hate is dumb. The real point is the Sixers offense is awesome with Embiid (and Simmons) on the court while also being elite defensively.

I agree, and I find it annoying when Nuggets fans do the same and try to belittle the supporting cast. Its a sick trend I see people use when they want to argue in favor of their preferred MVP candidate. At the end of the day they're all NBA players, the most elite of elite basketball players on the planet. People need to sop likening them to G-leaguers just to bolster their dude up.
kio80
Sixth Man
And1: 1,076

Post#122 » by kio80 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:37 pm

Huge huge Jokic fan, love his game, best offensive center blah blah blah.

But Embiid should win MVP cause he’s the better player, with a better team record and impacts both sides of the court.
Who cares if he plays less games? Me as a huge Jokic fan don’t, everyone else shouldn’t be too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Trey24
Sixth Man
And1: 1,907

Post#123 » by Trey24 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:00 pm

Most peoples only argument against Embiid is games played. He has absolutely been the most powerful and impactful force OVERALL in the NBA this season. But if it can't go to Embiid, Jokic is the guy and obviously deserves a tremendous amount of praise as well. The guy is everywhere and everything despite not being able to jump 12 inches.

This is a Co-MVP type of season IMO, but it will go to Jokic. Media didn't want Embiid to win it from the jump.
Hussien Fatal
Veteran
And1: 1,372

Post#124 » by Hussien Fatal » Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:05 pm

Woodsanity wrote:
Black Mage wrote:I won't fault you for your argument, but you also forget Embiid anchors the defense while ALSO doing all of that offensively. Jokic can't even pretend to be able to carry water on both ends. Embiid should win it.

Sixers are 14th ranked offensively. Embiid is not a great offensive anchor despite his scoring, its not resulting in an elite offense. if Embiid didn't miss 1/3rd of the season he would win it due to record but lets not act like Embiid is even in the same stratosphere as Jokic offensively. He is not.

Lol Joel is the best scoring big the league has seen since ahhh EVER. He is the most complete offensive big EVER and the per minute stats back that up. What Center can do euro steps on a fast break or do a James harden like step back from 3? Ahhh nobody except Embiid in league history has been capable of these things. Your not gonna get many people to back up your claim that he isn’t in the same stratosphere offensively as Jokic. Joel is 1st alltime in points per 36. Oh and he leads the league in PER which is an offensive oriented stat.
They call me Hussien Fatal its a two game table im robbin you **** cradle wit a knife in your navel....
Ryoga Hibiki
RealGM
And1: 6,508

Post#125 » by Ryoga Hibiki » Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:06 pm

nate33 wrote:The OP is basically right. Embiid is better than Jokic. It's not really a debate. But Jokic has played a lot more games and should get the MVP.
it's definitely a debate

Sent from my Nokia 3210 using RealGM mobile app
Слава Украине!
Black Mage
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,580

Post#126 » by Black Mage » Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:01 am

Sixerscan wrote:
Sharkboy242 wrote:
Black Mage wrote:
Feel free to point out a single thing I said that isn't true. A point guard or any player that refuses to shoot outside 3 feet significantly hinders an offense. Clippers were openly abandoning covering Simmons to double or triple Embiid using Simmons' man. It's just a fact.

Oh and his defense sucks, and he can't rebound, and he can't pass the ball, right? Oh wait he does all those things, and thus is an All-Star, and thus he's a big part of what makes the Sixers a good defensive team. Trying to sell him off as a liability in order to bolster up Embiid is comical.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Still elite. Maybe your next argument will be to tell us why Morris is a better PG than Simmons.

The Simmons hate is dumb. The real point is the Sixers offense is awesome with Embiid (and Simmons) on the court while also being elite defensively.

What hate? Poster said Sixers offense is just ranked 14th in league and my comment was offense would be a lot higher if you didn't have the handicap that Simmons is on offense. Please elucidate how that is inaccurate, I'll wait while you scramble to figure out an answer that isn't BS (pun intended).
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,011

Post#127 » by Sixerscan » Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:12 am

Black Mage wrote:
Sixerscan wrote:
Sharkboy242 wrote:Oh and his defense sucks, and he can't rebound, and he can't pass the ball, right? Oh wait he does all those things, and thus is an All-Star, and thus he's a big part of what makes the Sixers a good defensive team. Trying to sell him off as a liability in order to bolster up Embiid is comical.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

What hate? Poster said Sixers offense is just ranked 14th in league and my comment was offense would be a lot higher if you didn't have the handicap that Simmons is on offense. Please elucidate how that is inaccurate, I'll wait while you scramble to figure out an answer that isn't BS (pun intended).

Scramble, what? The Sixers offense with Simmons and Embiid on the court is great. 92nd percentile according to cleaning the glass. 99th percentile when you factor in defense.
eathb_au
Analyst
And1: 1,115

Post#128 » by eathb_au » Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:23 am

Black Mage wrote:
Sixerscan wrote:
Sharkboy242 wrote:Oh and his defense sucks, and he can't rebound, and he can't pass the ball, right? Oh wait he does all those things, and thus is an All-Star, and thus he's a big part of what makes the Sixers a good defensive team. Trying to sell him off as a liability in order to bolster up Embiid is comical.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Using Simmons to pump up Embiid carrying the offense is a really freaking bizarre argument.

Have you seen Jokic's team? Embiid at least gets to play with all stars.

I say this with 100% confidence, Denver minus Jokic is thousands times worse than Philly minus Embiid.

Return to The General Board