Will Curry finish in the top 5 MVP voting?

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Will Curry finish in the top 5 MVP voting?

Poll ended at Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:01 am

Yes
77%
No
23%

Total votes: 69

TTP
Head Coach
And1: 4,398

Re: Will Curry finish in the top 5 MVP voting? 

Post#81 » by TTP » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:34 am

The_Hater wrote:
AntMo22 wrote:
JN61 wrote:LeBron, Lillard, Giannis, Harden, possibly Paul.

Lakers w/o bron: 7-9
Blazers w/o lillard: 3-0
Bucks w/o Giannis: 5-4
Nets w/o Harden : 5-3 (only after trade)
Suns w/o CP3: 1-0
Warriors w/o Steph: 1-7

If the vote is for player of the year, Steph is easily top 5, but it’s still call MVP and voters always take team record into account and that’s going to work against Steph no matter what his numbers look like. Even if it’s unfair to the player. It worked against Dame last season and he finished 8th.

I agree that it works this way but you'd think the name should be the opposite. The MVP typically goes to a player on one of the top teams, but an individual elite player is less valuable to a top team that nearly always has multiple great players than he would be on a team without much of a supporting cast.

MVP is treated more like a player of the year than an actual most valuable player, which by definition should go to the team who would suffer the most from that player's absence.
jonjames is a signature bet welcher.

Appostis wrote:You're friend ..is a idiot.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,610

Re: Will Curry finish in the top 5 MVP voting? 

Post#82 » by Duke4life831 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:18 am

Duke4life831 wrote:Ill say no, only because GS has a horrible roster and as of right now are out of the playoffs and I dont know the last time a player has been top 5 in MVP voting with their team was out of the playoffs.

Now with that said, Curry definitely deserves to be in the top 5 player discussion. What he is doing is truly ridiculous. I mean Wiggins is the #2 option for this team, Andrew freaking Wiggins. The lack of spacing and just complete lack of respect defenses have for everyone not named Curry on this team is crazy.

Alright I take back what I said in this post. I dont care the last time someone was top 5 in voting without their team being in the playoffs. Curry is just way too ridiculous, so ya he should be top 5. He hasnt just been 2016 Steph as of late, he has been Davidson Steph. The lack of offensive help he has and the amount of focus he gets from defenses but still putting up these ridiculous numbers, it reminds me of his time at Davidson.

Return to The General Board