Woj: Harden Re-Injures Hamstring in Practice; Out Indefinitely

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

LakersNavy
Sophomore
And1: 164

Re: Woj: Harden Re-Injures Hamstring in Practice; Out Indefinitely 

Post#101 » by LakersNavy » Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:33 am

Raps in 4 wrote:
art_tatum wrote:its whatever and will be forgotten just like the KI missing personal time.

Nets only care about being healthy in the playoffs. harden should take his time and be ready for the playoffs.

They honestly only need one of the big-2 playing in the first round, maybe even the second, so KD and Harden can alternate taking days off.

Depends on seeding. If the Nets stay in the 2 spot and play the Bucks in the second round, they'll definetely need all of their stars to beat Milwaukee. Even with their big 3, I see a Brookyln-Milwaukee series going 6 or 7. The Bucks are a really good team
ChampionRed
Assistant Coach
And1: 881

Post#102 » by ChampionRed » Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:42 pm

It's all about health for BK. Their number one concern is keeping/getting Kyrie, KD and Harden as healthy as possible for the playoffs. Getting home court is secondary to health. They've been hinting at this the entire season. They truly believe they can beat any team, if they're healthy, with or without home court advantage.

If they can retain a top 3 seed entering the playoffs and get KD and Harden back to at least 80% or higher, they'll be happy. Chemistry is sooo overrated in this case. Kyrie, KD and Harden have all proven at this point that they'll do whatever it takes to make this trio work and we as fans have seen it in flashes throughout the season.

The team has also stayed together despite the injuries and setbacks. There is always energy on the bench from the players sitting out - whether it's KD, Harden or Kyrie. They all know that it's all about getting to the playoffs.

And like posters have been saying in this thread, no team will be an easy out. Miami, Washington and NY can all provide tough series for the top 3. There really isn't a true "cakewalk" right now looking at the east standings.

It's not that the regular season doesn't matter, it's more that this season has been a s*itshow for the entire league. Big picture mindset is even more important in a season such as this one.
BeatDaCavs420
RealGM
And1: 22,479

Post#103 » by BeatDaCavs420 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:55 pm

I don't think he's faking it so he can just rest till playoffs...Too many what if's if he is doing that and if he is then that's pretty dumb
Sharcm1
Veteran
And1: 688

Post#104 » by Sharcm1 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:13 pm

Hopefully harden can be fit for the playoffs. Everyone is on and on about how the nets are nothing without the big three and yet they are in second in the East and only a half game back to Philly without the big three. Remember they’ve only played like 7 games together. So one of the three with the team the nets have are good enough to maintain second in the East. Says something doesn’t it.

It’s right it won’t be enough to beat philly or the bucks in the playoffs. But they could beat other teams in the first round with just Irving and Durant. Or just Irving. Reminder that harden and Durant aren’t the only ones out. Johnson is out. And chiozza broke his hand. And dinwiddie has been out all season. And LMA retired etc. they won last night with 9 active players. So let’s all relax.
Benedict_Boozer
RealGM
And1: 5,695

Post#105 » by Benedict_Boozer » Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:33 pm

Harden isn't the type to sit games, not surprised he got hurt trying to rush back.

Hamstring injuries can LINGER for a long time - months even depending on the severity, Nets better be careful.
Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,829

Post#106 » by Beethoven » Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:36 pm

Benedict_Boozer wrote:Harden isn't the type to sit games, not surprised he got hurt trying to rush back.

Hamstring injuries can LINGER for a long time - months even depending on the severity, Nets better be careful.

Yes, hamstrings injuries /strains are more severe than what most people actually think. Most people think only knee, achilles, a broken bone as the season-enders. Hamstrings can stretch into that category of severity.
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
Optms
RealGM
And1: 16,954

Post#107 » by Optms » Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:39 pm

Onlytimewilltel wrote:
Optms wrote:Anyone else finds it odd how Harden was the spitting image of durability in Houston and now all of a sudden he's a brittle toothpick? Something smells fishy.

Yea he came in out of shape on purpose at the begging of season to tank his value and try to force the trade to Nets specifically. And then carrying the team in Brooklyn while still much heavier than his normal weight, it happens.

He plays a very low-to-the ground game. All skill. So even if this was true, I'm not seeing how being 5 pounds overweight makes him a twig now.

I'm just not buying it. He played himself back into shape on the Nets and now suddenly he's missing several games out of the blue. I don't believe anything team officials say anymore. Not in today's era.
Zetsword
Junior
And1: 158

Post#108 » by Zetsword » Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:00 pm

Optms wrote:
Onlytimewilltel wrote:
Optms wrote:Anyone else finds it odd how Harden was the spitting image of durability in Houston and now all of a sudden he's a brittle toothpick? Something smells fishy.

Yea he came in out of shape on purpose at the begging of season to tank his value and try to force the trade to Nets specifically. And then carrying the team in Brooklyn while still much heavier than his normal weight, it happens.

He plays a very low-to-the ground game. All skill. So even if this was true, I'm not seeing how being 5 pounds overweight makes him a twig now.

I'm just not buying it. He played himself back into shape on the Nets and now suddenly he's missing several games out of the blue. I don't believe anything team officials say anymore. Not in today's era.

You don't think he wants to be MVP? It's obvious those individual accolades matter to him. I find it hard to believe he's tanking his MVP chances as well as valuable chemistry building with Ky/KD just to get a little more rest in.
Edrees
RealGM
And1: 11,134

Post#109 » by Edrees » Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:39 pm

Different training staff so it's not that crazy. Also he's getting older. Not surprising for a 31 year old player to get a hamstring injury even if he was super healthy ages 23-30. Also the schedule is way more hectic this year, more b2b's, more games per week.
Up-And-Coming
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,671

Post#110 » by Up-And-Coming » Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:47 pm

LakersNavy wrote:
Raps in 4 wrote:
art_tatum wrote:its whatever and will be forgotten just like the KI missing personal time.

Nets only care about being healthy in the playoffs. harden should take his time and be ready for the playoffs.

They honestly only need one of the big-2 playing in the first round, maybe even the second, so KD and Harden can alternate taking days off.

Depends on seeding. If the Nets stay in the 2 spot and play the Bucks in the second round, they'll definetely need all of their stars to beat Milwaukee. Even with their big 3, I see a Brookyln-Milwaukee series going 6 or 7. The Bucks are a really good team

Ya, I think this injury setback is only slightly concerning. If somehow they still don't have at least 2 of their Big 3 by the playoffs then I'll be concerned. If their Big 3 are not all healthy by the 2nd round then I would be very concerned if I was a Nets fan though.
Up-And-Coming
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,671

Post#111 » by Up-And-Coming » Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:00 pm

Sharcm1 wrote:Hopefully harden can be fit for the playoffs. Everyone is on and on about how the nets are nothing without the big three and yet they are in second in the East and only a half game back to Philly without the big three. Remember they’ve only played like 7 games together. So one of the three with the team the nets have are good enough to maintain second in the East. Says something doesn’t it.

It’s right it won’t be enough to beat philly or the bucks in the playoffs. But they could beat other teams in the first round with just Irving and Durant. Or just Irving. Reminder that harden and Durant aren’t the only ones out. Johnson is out. And chiozza broke his hand. And dinwiddie has been out all season. And LMA retired etc. they won last night with 9 active players. So let’s all relax.

I think this injury setback might be overstated and is only slightly concerning. With that said, the Nets w/ only Irving as it stands is not making it out of the first round imo. I don't think:

Irving
Shamet
Harris
Blake
Deandre

are beating the Heat w/

Dragic/Nunn
Oladipo (if healthy)/Herro
Butler/Robinson
Ariza/Iguodala
Bam/Bjelica

The Nets would need at least 2 of their Big 3 against the Heat. With that said, I'm confident KD and/or Harden will be back by then.
GSP
RealGM
And1: 14,649

Post#112 » by GSP » Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:06 pm

Brooklyn is finished. The basketball gods said enough of this bull. They're not gonna have health or chemistry for the playoffs
levon
RealGM
And1: 23,130

Post#113 » by levon » Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:08 pm

The fact that we're always doing this superstar calculus underscores how bizarre this Nets experience has been. It's felt like wrestling where dudes tag in and out and just do their thing. It's weirdly felt even more bizarre that Nash is HC and D'Antoni is an assistant. Of course they are. And that these three dudes have basically no relation to this franchise, save for Kyrie growing up in the area, and the franchise having basically no history. The whole thing seems like a hack. Of all of the inorganic ways a title can be won, the prospect of a revolving door of 2 of 3 superstars coached by a rookie coach throughout the playoffs seems the most inorganic.

I hope I'm making sense. This isn't a critique of the Nets. Just trying to capture how weird it feels.
djsunyc
RealGM
And1: 67,159

Post#114 » by djsunyc » Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:23 pm

every team that wins a chip requires good luck at some point. and some teams that dont win it all have bad luck.

we will see what kind of luck the nets have soon enough.
BrooklynDynasty
Pro Prospect
And1: 688

Post#115 » by BrooklynDynasty » Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:26 pm

once we're hoisting the LOB no one will remember or care how little the big 3 played together during the meaningless regular season, which they took so not seriously but were so talented they still managed to snag a top 2 seed
SNPA wrote:I know what I’m watching. It requires no more time. I have plenty of context with which to evaluate where VW stands as a prospect, rookie and future GOAT candidate
lambchop
General Manager
And1: 9,193

Post#116 » by lambchop » Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:49 pm

Edrees wrote:

Different training staff so it's not that crazy. Also he's getting older. Not surprising for a 31 year old player to get a hamstring injury even if he was super healthy ages 23-30. Also the schedule is way more hectic this year, more b2b's, more games per week.

Facts. Also, harden started the season severely out of shape and then ramped up in season. That's never good
So many people who attain the heights of power in this culture—celebrities, for instance—have to make a show of false humility and modesty, as if they got as far as they did by accident and not by ego or ambition.

Return to The General Board