MJ's record is not 6-0, its 6-15

Moderators: jamaalstar21, infinite11285, BombsquadSammy, ken6199, Domejandro, bwgood77, Dirk, zimpy27, KingDavid

User avatar
prophet_of_rage
RealGM
Posts: 13,110
And1: 4,253
Joined: Jan 06, 2005

Re: MJ's record is not 6-0, its 6-15 

Post#121 » by prophet_of_rage » Tue May 4, 2021 10:03 pm

OdomFan wrote:
loserX wrote:I tend to agree. Saying "Jordan is 6-0" is like saying "he's perfect, if you don't count all the times he lost". It's not all that meaningful.

There are plenty of good arguments in favor of Jordan being the GOAT, I'm not even sure I disagree. But "6-0" is not one of them. Reducing everything to one out-of-context number rarely is.

The 6-0 record is a Major part of his goat argument. I don't see how it isn't because it only helps highlight just how great of a player and leader he was that he was able to lead his Bulls over multiple Hall of Famers in those Finals series. He also led his Bulls over hall of famers/great teams like Ewing and the Knicks, Miller Pacers, Shaq/Magic and Morning+Hardaway/Heat. There is nothing wrong at all about bringing up his success in leading his team throughout their playoff rounds of their time together.
6-0 doesn't capture that, though.

Sent from my SM-N970W using Tapatalk
Marrrcuss
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,419
And1: 1,030
Joined: Oct 23, 2020
     

Re: MJ's record is not 6-0, its 6-15 

Post#122 » by Marrrcuss » Tue May 4, 2021 10:29 pm

G35 wrote:
KyRo23 wrote:
Marrrcuss wrote:I have NBAtv just like yall do and i see how unskilled the 80s and 90s were so Im cool with anyone taking records out of context.

Let me ask though.....If lebrons team loses in the first round or before the finals this year, will it register or no? I mean, since first round losses dont mean anything and all.

I need you all to pick a cotdamn position and stick to it, lol


I'm surprised how many people in this thread seem to have the viewpoint of losing in the finals is worse than losing in earlier rounds or even not making the playoffs.

It makes it seem like someone like LeBron losing in 2018 after his crazy playoff run is worse than when he didn't make the playoffs 2 years ago because it tarnishes his finals record. Just bizarre.



So why isn't Jerry West higher on the All time list.

He went nine NBA finals...is the only player to get voted FMVP for a losing team....has the finals record for PPG at 46.3

Why isn't Jerry West in the top five or at least top 10 if going to the finals is so important regardless if you win or not......


His TEAM went to that many finals.

No matter how much a few of you try, i will never let TEAM accomplishments be the main criteria. Thats so damn silly.
User avatar
TheFinishSniper
Analyst
Posts: 3,608
And1: 2,764
Joined: Feb 02, 2018
Location: Earth
   

Re: MJ's record is not 6-0, its 6-15 

Post#123 » by TheFinishSniper » Tue May 4, 2021 10:38 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
Heat4lyf wrote:Rookie year
Second year injury
2 Washington years
Year coming out of retirement

Pretty much in his prime playing more than 18 games he went
6/10 in championships
10/10 scoring titles
6/6 FMVP
5/10 MVP
3/10 Steals leader
1/10 DPOY


It’s insane just how dominant he was

Well rumours were circulating he was greatest of all time

*shocked pikachu*
“If you were grading rebuilds and dropped in on the United Center on Wednesday night, you saw one team flying up the court, launching 3-pointers, sharing the ball and generally looking like it was having a lot of fun. And then you saw the Bulls.”
User avatar
Repeat 3-peat
RealGM
Posts: 11,468
And1: 11,174
Joined: Nov 02, 2013
 

Re: MJ's record is not 6-0, its 6-15 

Post#124 » by Repeat 3-peat » Tue May 4, 2021 10:42 pm

LeBron fans :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Image
Take the red pill.
twyzted
Senior
Posts: 689
And1: 714
Joined: Jun 01, 2018
     

Re: MJ's record is not 6-0, its 6-15 

Post#125 » by twyzted » Tue May 4, 2021 10:49 pm

KrAzY3 wrote:
kali323 wrote:MJ never lost a series when he had home court advantage

Can anyone verify this? That sounds pretty damn impressive, but also kind of hard to fathom. Heck, I remember a 66 win LeBron team with home court advantage losing to my Magic team in the Finals when our second best player was Rashard Lewis, and our third best player was hurt.

Winning every time your team is the favorite would be an astounding feat.


Lost in 85 vs bucks in 1st round as 7th seed
In 86 vs celtics in 1st round as 8th seed
87 vs celtics in 1st round as 8th seed
88 in 2nd round vs 2nd seed pistons as 3rd seed
89 in ecf vs 1st seed pistons as the 6th seed knocked out 3rd and 2nd seed on the way.
90 lost vs 1st seed pistons as 3rd seed.
91 won
92 won
93 won
94 baseball
95 lost in 2nd round vs 1st seed magic as 5th seed
96 won
97 won
98 won

Outside of his rookie season he lost to the team who went to the finals
Pennebaker wrote:Jordan lacks LeBron's mental toughness particularly because he couldn't handle criticism well.


freethedevil wrote:Jordan would statpad both his overall and "clutch" stats in blowout wins
twyzted
Senior
Posts: 689
And1: 714
Joined: Jun 01, 2018
     

Re: MJ's record is not 6-0, its 6-15 

Post#126 » by twyzted » Tue May 4, 2021 10:51 pm

Marrrcuss wrote:
G35 wrote:
KyRo23 wrote:
I'm surprised how many people in this thread seem to have the viewpoint of losing in the finals is worse than losing in earlier rounds or even not making the playoffs.

It makes it seem like someone like LeBron losing in 2018 after his crazy playoff run is worse than when he didn't make the playoffs 2 years ago because it tarnishes his finals record. Just bizarre.



So why isn't Jerry West higher on the All time list.

He went nine NBA finals...is the only player to get voted FMVP for a losing team....has the finals record for PPG at 46.3

Why isn't Jerry West in the top five or at least top 10 if going to the finals is so important regardless if you win or not......


His TEAM went to that many finals.

No matter how much a few of you try, i will never let TEAM accomplishments be the main criteria. Thats so damn silly.


Well then Jordan clearly is the GOAT
Pennebaker wrote:Jordan lacks LeBron's mental toughness particularly because he couldn't handle criticism well.


freethedevil wrote:Jordan would statpad both his overall and "clutch" stats in blowout wins
G35
RealGM
Posts: 20,474
And1: 5,987
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
     

Re: MJ's record is not 6-0, its 6-15 

Post#127 » by G35 » Tue May 4, 2021 10:55 pm

Marrrcuss wrote:
G35 wrote:
KyRo23 wrote:
I'm surprised how many people in this thread seem to have the viewpoint of losing in the finals is worse than losing in earlier rounds or even not making the playoffs.

It makes it seem like someone like LeBron losing in 2018 after his crazy playoff run is worse than when he didn't make the playoffs 2 years ago because it tarnishes his finals record. Just bizarre.



So why isn't Jerry West higher on the All time list.

He went nine NBA finals...is the only player to get voted FMVP for a losing team....has the finals record for PPG at 46.3

Why isn't Jerry West in the top five or at least top 10 if going to the finals is so important regardless if you win or not......


His TEAM went to that many finals.

No matter how much a few of you try, i will never let TEAM accomplishments be the main criteria. Thats so damn silly.



In a TEAM sport, judging players by their individual accomplishments is misguided.....
I'm so tired of the typical......
User avatar
OdomFan
Head Coach
Posts: 6,444
And1: 4,846
Joined: Jan 07, 2017
Location: Washington DC
       

Re: MJ's record is not 6-0, its 6-15 

Post#128 » by OdomFan » Tue May 4, 2021 11:01 pm

prophet_of_rage wrote:
OdomFan wrote:
loserX wrote:I tend to agree. Saying "Jordan is 6-0" is like saying "he's perfect, if you don't count all the times he lost". It's not all that meaningful.

There are plenty of good arguments in favor of Jordan being the GOAT, I'm not even sure I disagree. But "6-0" is not one of them. Reducing everything to one out-of-context number rarely is.

The 6-0 record is a Major part of his goat argument. I don't see how it isn't because it only helps highlight just how great of a player and leader he was that he was able to lead his Bulls over multiple Hall of Famers in those Finals series. He also led his Bulls over hall of famers/great teams like Ewing and the Knicks, Miller Pacers, Shaq/Magic and Morning+Hardaway/Heat. There is nothing wrong at all about bringing up his success in leading his team throughout their playoff rounds of their time together.
6-0 doesn't capture that, though.

Sent from my SM-N970W using Tapatalk

hmm. I disagree with you.
Image
User avatar
OdomFan
Head Coach
Posts: 6,444
And1: 4,846
Joined: Jan 07, 2017
Location: Washington DC
       

Re: MJ's record is not 6-0, its 6-15 

Post#129 » by OdomFan » Tue May 4, 2021 11:17 pm

Marrrcuss wrote:
G35 wrote:
KyRo23 wrote:
I'm surprised how many people in this thread seem to have the viewpoint of losing in the finals is worse than losing in earlier rounds or even not making the playoffs.

It makes it seem like someone like LeBron losing in 2018 after his crazy playoff run is worse than when he didn't make the playoffs 2 years ago because it tarnishes his finals record. Just bizarre.



So why isn't Jerry West higher on the All time list.

He went nine NBA finals...is the only player to get voted FMVP for a losing team....has the finals record for PPG at 46.3

Why isn't Jerry West in the top five or at least top 10 if going to the finals is so important regardless if you win or not......


His TEAM went to that many finals.

No matter how much a few of you try, i will never let TEAM accomplishments be the main criteria. Thats so damn silly.

There's nothing to try. You want to pretend like a TEAM doesn't have a leader that gets the credit for leading their squad to success? You go right ahead.
Image
User avatar
Dick Tate
Pro Prospect
Posts: 882
And1: 109
Joined: Aug 17, 2006

Re: MJ's record is not 6-0, its 6-15 

Post#130 » by Dick Tate » Tue May 4, 2021 11:25 pm

BeatDaCavs420 wrote:How is this thread still even open? If this was about Lebron it be locked by someone already.

You don't think this thread is about LeBron? 8-)
510TWSS
Head Coach
Posts: 7,377
And1: 2,085
Joined: Aug 18, 2009
 

Re: MJ's record is not 6-0, its 6-15 

Post#131 » by 510TWSS » Wed May 5, 2021 1:07 am

nephew woke up and thought he was clever
Ugalde
Veteran
Posts: 2,682
And1: 1,506
Joined: Jul 20, 2010
Location: Schenectady, NY
       

Re: MJ's record is not 6-0, its 6-15 

Post#132 » by Ugalde » Wed May 5, 2021 2:10 am

obviously. i’m a Jordan is the goat kind of guy but i always thought this argument was dumb. jordan is 6/15 and bron is 4/18.

jordan is more successful even if you use the real numbers
politics
User avatar
TheMartian
Head Coach
Posts: 6,366
And1: 3,401
Joined: Oct 13, 2004
 

Re: MJ's record is not 6-0, its 6-15 

Post#133 » by TheMartian » Wed May 5, 2021 2:23 am

6/15 > 4/18. Heck, even Bird's 3/13 is greater than 4/18.
User avatar
durden_tyler
RealGM
Posts: 10,396
And1: 2,172
Joined: Jun 04, 2003
 

Re: MJ's record is not 6-0, its 6-15 

Post#134 » by durden_tyler » Wed May 5, 2021 2:28 am

To compare what is LeBron's record?
If there is no basketball in heaven, i am not going.
User avatar
Coach Carter
Head Coach
Posts: 6,346
And1: 3,635
Joined: Apr 28, 2017
   

Re: MJ's record is not 6-0, its 6-15 

Post#135 » by Coach Carter » Wed May 5, 2021 2:29 am

Bronsexuals are creative at least, I give them that.
KrAzY3
Rookie
Posts: 1,137
And1: 1,380
Joined: Jun 26, 2016
     

Re: MJ's record is not 6-0, its 6-15 

Post#136 » by KrAzY3 » Wed May 5, 2021 1:03 pm

twyzted wrote:
KrAzY3 wrote:
kali323 wrote:MJ never lost a series when he had home court advantage

Can anyone verify this? That sounds pretty damn impressive, but also kind of hard to fathom. Heck, I remember a 66 win LeBron team with home court advantage losing to my Magic team when our second best player was Rashard Lewis, and our third best player was hurt.

Winning every time your team is the favorite would be an astounding feat.


Lost in 85 vs bucks in 1st round as 7th seed
In 86 vs celtics in 1st round as 8th seed
87 vs celtics in 1st round as 8th seed
88 in 2nd round vs 2nd seed pistons as 3rd seed
89 in ecf vs 1st seed pistons as the 6th seed knocked out 3rd and 2nd seed on the way.
90 lost vs 1st seed pistons as 3rd seed.
91 won
92 won
93 won
94 baseball
95 lost in 2nd round vs 1st seed magic as 5th seed
96 won
97 won
98 won

Outside of his rookie season he lost to the team who went to the finals

It makes sense now that I think of it but it's also absolutely insane. The guy never lost when the deck wasn't stacked against him. Why are people here still having a debate?
Creativetran
Sophomore
Posts: 152
And1: 81
Joined: Apr 14, 2019
 

Re: MJ's record is not 6-0, its 6-15 

Post#137 » by Creativetran » Wed May 5, 2021 1:07 pm

JN61 wrote:Meanwhile Lebron is sitting at 20%. With superior supporting cast and abandoning weaker teams to play on better teams.
Players aren't afraid of Lebron like they were of Jordan
User avatar
stormi
Analyst
Posts: 3,220
And1: 2,516
Joined: Jun 04, 2019
Location: memorizing taylor swift lyrics
 

Re: MJ's record is not 6-0, its 6-15 

Post#138 » by stormi » Wed May 5, 2021 1:09 pm

Creativetran wrote:
JN61 wrote:Meanwhile Lebron is sitting at 20%. With superior supporting cast and abandoning weaker teams to play on better teams.
Players aren't afraid of Lebron like they were of Jordan


The actions of the Celtics and the 2nd best player of the generation, Kevin Durant say otherwise.

Who was scared of Jordan? Magic who routinely pounded him until he got old and dealt with medical conditions?

Larry Legend who 6-0'd him H2H in playoff series'?

The Bad boy Pistons who beat up on the Bulls for years?

Lol
KrAzY3
Rookie
Posts: 1,137
And1: 1,380
Joined: Jun 26, 2016
     

Re: MJ's record is not 6-0, its 6-15 

Post#139 » by KrAzY3 » Wed May 5, 2021 1:14 pm

stormi wrote:
Creativetran wrote:
JN61 wrote:Meanwhile Lebron is sitting at 20%. With superior supporting cast and abandoning weaker teams to play on better teams.
Players aren't afraid of Lebron like they were of Jordan


The actions of the Celtics and the 2nd best player of the generation, Kevin Durant say otherwise.

LeBron won 0 championships until he formed a super team. Kevin Durant just out super-teamed him, that's all.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 22,827
And1: 8,364
Joined: Mar 05, 2005
 

Re: MJ's record is not 6-0, its 6-15 

Post#140 » by The Rebel » Wed May 5, 2021 1:23 pm

stormi wrote:
Creativetran wrote:
JN61 wrote:Meanwhile Lebron is sitting at 20%. With superior supporting cast and abandoning weaker teams to play on better teams.
Players aren't afraid of Lebron like they were of Jordan


The actions of the Celtics and the 2nd best player of the generation, Kevin Durant say otherwise.

Who was scared of Jordan? Magic who routinely pounded him until he got old and dealt with medical conditions?

Larry Legend who 6-0'd him H2H in playoff series'?

The Bad boy Pistons who beat up on the Bulls for years?

Lol

LMAO. I notice you only used teams from when Jordan was still learning how to play with his team, while ignoring the fact that the it was Lebron who was scared of the Celtics and that Durant had no choice but to join a super team since Lebron was already on his 2nd super team that he had formed.

Lebron is the neighborhood bully, when someone stands up to him he calls his superstar friends, and if that don't work he whines to the authorities and they help him out. Want proof, go watch the Nuggets Lakers game a couple of nights ago and the way it was reffed.

Jordan was relentless, every time he got beat he worked his ass off and came back better, until nobody could beat him. I don't remember a single time where he went public whining about having to earn a playoff spot or about not getting enough favoritism from the refs.

Return to The General Board