Lebron vs Curry in a 7/8 play-in?

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Galloisdaman
Analyst
And1: 2,167

Re: Lebron vs Curry in a 7/8 play-in? 

Post#101 » by Galloisdaman » Mon May 17, 2021 7:25 pm

BallinBug wrote:Gallo can you reply to this? Seems theres a big hole in your logic
HiRez wrote:
Galloisdaman wrote:If LA has Anthony Davis LA wins. If for some reason AD is not playing then I would seriously consider Curry and the Warriors.

But LA has had Davis in the last 9 games and they lost 7 of them so I'm curious why you're so confident that if Davis plays, they win.

Sent from my SM-G950W using RealGM mobile app

That may have been poor wording. I just do not fear the Lakers without AD. If its just the other guy they are beatable.
My eyes glaze over when reading alternative stat (not advanced stat) narratives that go many paragraphs long. If you can not make your point in 2 paragraphs it may not be a great point. :D
mademan
RealGM
And1: 28,277

Post#102 » by mademan » Mon May 17, 2021 7:32 pm

Galloisdaman wrote:
BallinBug wrote:Gallo can you reply to this? Seems theres a big hole in your logic
HiRez wrote:But LA has had Davis in the last 9 games and they lost 7 of them so I'm curious why you're so confident that if Davis plays, they win.

That may have been poor wording. I just do not fear the Lakers without AD. If its just the other guy they are beatable.

Well ya, obviously. Its a top 2 heavy team, take out the 2nd, and theyre nowhere near as good. The only team that can probably survive losing their 2nd best player is the Nets, and even they wouldnt be title contenders anymore without him.
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,589

Post#103 » by HiRez » Mon May 17, 2021 8:20 pm

Galloisdaman wrote:
HiRez wrote:But LA has had Davis in the last 9 games and they lost 7 of them so I'm curious why you're so confident that if Davis plays, they win.

Well they are obviously more dangerous with AD. At this point the bigger question I guess is LeBron healthy? He claims he's fine but we know he's a bit banged up. Much of it will come down to a) is Curry "on" with his shots (he's been a little more "off" the last few games), and b) how much of a problem will the Lakers size be? They could really dominate there, but it's also possible for the Warriors to neutralize that advantage by going small. AD being as mobile as he is makes that job more difficult though.
Galloisdaman
Analyst

Post#104 » by Galloisdaman » Mon May 17, 2021 9:17 pm

mademan wrote:
Galloisdaman wrote:

Well ya, obviously. Its a top 2 heavy team, take out the 2nd, and theyre nowhere near as good. The only team that can probably survive losing their 2nd best player is the Nets, and even they wouldnt be title contenders anymore without him.

Didn't Curry lose a guy or two? Who is the 2nd all star in NY?
My eyes glaze over when reading alternative stat (not advanced stat) narratives that go many paragraphs long. If you can not make your point in 2 paragraphs it may not be a great point. :D
Galloisdaman
Analyst

Post#105 » by Galloisdaman » Mon May 17, 2021 9:19 pm

HiRez wrote:
Galloisdaman wrote:

Well they are obviously more dangerous with AD. At this point the bigger question I guess is LeBron healthy? He claims he's fine but we know he's a bit banged up. Much of it will come down to a) is Curry "on" with his shots (he's been a little more "off" the last few games), and b) how much of a problem will the Lakers size be? They could really dominate there, but it's also possible for the Warriors to neutralize that advantage by going small. AD being as mobile as he is makes that job more difficult though.

If AD does not play Ill take Curry over the other guy.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,412

Post#106 » by ILOVEIT » Mon May 17, 2021 9:34 pm

vagelis wrote:Wiggins averages 23ppg in 14 games against James.
He will probably guard him as well.

This would be THE story if Wiggins has a big game and makes LeBron look like the aging player.....:)

The likelihood is low....but this really would bring back Wiggins into the all-star conversation.

So Mr. Wiggins...here you go. Big stage....against the guy that wanted you traded...and you could reshape your reputation completely with one big game.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.

Return to The General Board