Lebron vs Curry in a 7/8 play-in?

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

MoMan24
Analyst
And1: 3,615

Re: Lebron vs Curry in a 7/8 play-in? 

Post#41 » by MoMan24 » Sun May 9, 2021 4:32 pm

DaPessimist wrote:Can't wait until Curry knocks LeBron out of the playoffs. :lol:

He can't. He can only make the Lakers have to play a 2nd play in game against the 9th/10th winner for the 8th seed.
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#42 » by The_Hater » Sun May 9, 2021 4:34 pm

The 7/8 game is anticlimactic, it’s making sure you don’t finish 9th that really matters. I wouldn’t be surprised to see players being rested for the 7/8 game.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
LesGrossman
Head Coach
And1: 4,114

Post#43 » by LesGrossman » Sun May 9, 2021 6:49 pm

PaulieWal wrote:
LesGrossman wrote:"LeBron vs. Curry" lol. LA Superteam vs. Steph and G-League would be more appropriate.

Hate to say it but you are being way too big of a homer and incredibly biased, this version of your Lakers team is far from a superteam with a gimpy LeBron and AD, and no good 3 point shooters. Typical Lakers fan overrating his team and players.

You think so? I feel confident LeBron wil be back healthy, and healthy lebron - as you certainly know - was favorite to win MVP this season. AD was 1st team all NBA only last season and showed up big time in the playoffs, why shouldnt he again? We have five guys shooting > 40% from three, and that doesnt even include AD, LeBron or Wes Matthews, a well known sniper. We have two 6th men of the year, an elite big reserve in Drummond and big game Kuz. Heck we have Marc Gasol, former DPOY and a guy who carried the Raptors to their title together with Kawhi only two years ago. If that isnt a superteam, i dont know what is. I'm a Lakers homer as much as anyone but we gotta keep perspective. CAlling Lakers vs. Warriors "LeBron vs. Curry" is just not right.
Pray for Israel
Peace in Jerusalem

Fan of the game of Basketball, no matter the team, league or players. Opposed to all sorts of person cult and show/entertainment/marketing over substance.
Kobe187
Starter
And1: 1,905

Post#44 » by Kobe187 » Sun May 9, 2021 8:56 pm

Lakers should slaughter the Warriors IF healthy. If the Lakers aren’t 100% GS could pull off the upset with the way Curry’s playing.
MindState
Veteran
And1: 3,467

Post#45 » by MindState » Sun May 9, 2021 8:59 pm

LesGrossman wrote:
PaulieWal wrote:
LesGrossman wrote:"LeBron vs. Curry" lol. LA Superteam vs. Steph and G-League would be more appropriate.

Hate to say it but you are being way too big of a homer and incredibly biased, this version of your Lakers team is far from a superteam with a gimpy LeBron and AD, and no good 3 point shooters. Typical Lakers fan overrating his team and players.

You think so? I feel confident LeBron wil be back healthy, and healthy lebron - as you certainly know - was favorite to win MVP this season. AD was 1st team all NBA only last season and showed up big time in the playoffs, why shouldnt he again? We have five guys shooting > 40% from three, and that doesnt even include AD, LeBron or Wes Matthews, a well known sniper. We have two 6th men of the year, an elite big reserve in Drummond and big game Kuz. Heck we have Marc Gasol, former DPOY and a guy who carried the Raptors to their title together with Kawhi only two years ago. If that isnt a superteam, i dont know what is. I'm a Lakers homer as much as anyone but we gotta keep perspective. CAlling Lakers vs. Warriors "LeBron vs. Curry" is just not right.

Its easier to promote it as LeBron vs Curry this year because AD has been washed up all year and has all but proven that hes no longer a top player in the league. Par for the course for LeBrons sidekicks. They lose alot of their talent over time somehow. Same thing happend to Bosh and Love.
Kobe187
Starter
And1: 1,905

Post#46 » by Kobe187 » Sun May 9, 2021 9:03 pm

MindState wrote:
LesGrossman wrote:
PaulieWal wrote:

Its easier to promote it as LeBron vs Curry this year because AD has been washed up all year and has all but proven that hes no longer a top player in the league. Par for the course for LeBrons sidekicks. They lose alot of their talent over time somehow. Same thing happend to Bosh and Love.

LeBron was on the same level as AD this year, both took a bit of a step back this year and at times looked sluggish.
Galloisdaman
Analyst
And1: 2,167

Post#47 » by Galloisdaman » Sun May 9, 2021 9:34 pm

If LA has Anthony Davis LA wins. If for some reason AD is not playing then I would seriously consider Curry and the Warriors.
My eyes glaze over when reading alternative stat (not advanced stat) narratives that go many paragraphs long. If you can not make your point in 2 paragraphs it may not be a great point. :D
PaulieWal
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,148

Post#48 » by PaulieWal » Sun May 9, 2021 11:25 pm

LesGrossman wrote:
PaulieWal wrote:

Appreciate the commitment to the bit, man :lol:
JordansBulls wrote:The Warriors are basically a good college team until they meet a team with bigs in the NBA.
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,589

Post#49 » by HiRez » Mon May 10, 2021 1:04 am

Galloisdaman wrote:If LA has Anthony Davis LA wins. If for some reason AD is not playing then I would seriously consider Curry and the Warriors.

But LA has had Davis in the last 9 games and they lost 7 of them so I'm curious why you're so confident that if Davis plays, they win.
Time for Change
Bench Warmer
And1: 727

Post#50 » by Time for Change » Mon May 10, 2021 1:40 am

LeBron is thinking two steps ahead. Even if he loses to Curry, he gets a second chance in the next play-in game, and then he won’t have to worry about Curry again until the conference finals. Smart.
Galloisdaman
Analyst
And1: 2,167

Post#51 » by Galloisdaman » Mon May 10, 2021 1:50 am

HiRez wrote:
Galloisdaman wrote:If LA has Anthony Davis LA wins. If for some reason AD is not playing then I would seriously consider Curry and the Warriors.

But LA has had Davis in the last 9 games and they lost 7 of them so I'm curious why you're so confident that if Davis plays, they win.

Just going by AD last playoff season. He was the huge factor in my opinion.
My eyes glaze over when reading alternative stat (not advanced stat) narratives that go many paragraphs long. If you can not make your point in 2 paragraphs it may not be a great point. :D
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,802

Post#52 » by floppymoose » Sun May 16, 2021 10:32 pm

still feels like this is a thing
Gramercy Riffs
Junior
And1: 727

Post#53 » by Gramercy Riffs » Sun May 16, 2021 10:36 pm

floppymoose wrote:still feels like this is a thing

Every NBA fan wants this so bad.
darkse1d
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,862

Post#54 » by darkse1d » Sun May 16, 2021 10:40 pm

losing to an 8th seed curry/gs should put to bed lebron's claim to goat. i don't think he's goat or top 5 so for me it doesn't matter.
BallinBug
Senior
And1: 482

Post#55 » by BallinBug » Sun May 16, 2021 10:43 pm

Gallo can you reply to this? Seems theres a big hole in your logic
HiRez wrote:

Sent from my SM-G950W using RealGM mobile app
Homer38
RealGM
And1: 11,840

Post#56 » by Homer38 » Sun May 16, 2021 10:44 pm

darkse1d wrote:

losing to an 8th seed curry/gs should put to bed lebron's claim to goat. i don't think he's goat or top 5 so for me it doesn't matter.

because of just one game :lol: ....especially for a player who has been out for most of the past two months.Anything can happen on one game especially when your team have only played 1-2 games together for 3 months and it's against a player who is hot like crazy right now
mademan
RealGM
And1: 28,277

Post#57 » by mademan » Sun May 16, 2021 10:45 pm

The Lakers have pummelled the Warriors in every matchup this year. Theyre guard defense is where they shine and GSW cant take advantage anywhere else. Anything can happen in 1 game, but i'd be surprised if the W's kept it close
Homer38
RealGM
And1: 11,840

Post#58 » by Homer38 » Sun May 16, 2021 10:48 pm

mademan wrote:The Lakers have pummelled the Warriors in every matchup this year. Theyre guard defense is where they shine and GSW cant take advantage anywhere else. Anything can happen in 1 game, but i'd be surprised if the W's kept it close

The warriors are much better now than they were in February and early in March and I do not expect that LBJ will still be at his level on Wednesday
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,922

Post#59 » by whatisacenter » Sun May 16, 2021 10:48 pm

it's what needs to happen.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
bb22
Starter
And1: 985

Post#60 » by bb22 » Sun May 16, 2021 10:49 pm

The warriors are in 8th place for a reason... the team sucks and Steph is doing a magnificent job with what he has.

The Lakers, on the other hand, are a 1-2 seed in the 7 spot due to injuries.

This is a huge mismatch that ESPN is trying to blow up.

Return to The General Board