PLAY IN | (8) WARRIORS VS. (9) GRIZZLIES

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Who wins?

Poll ended at Sat May 22, 2021 1:10 pm

Warriors
56%
Grizzlies
44%

Total votes: 166

BoatsNZones
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,291

Re: PLAY IN | (8) WARRIORS VS. (9) GRIZZLIES 

Post#1321 » by BoatsNZones » Sat May 22, 2021 5:04 am

TinmanZBoy wrote:
JoeyLightYears wrote:
Memories wrote:Curry thinking right now: Image

This would be a great pairing because Curry wouldn't see doubles and LeBron could guarantee himself another FMVP

LeBron should think about joining the Warriors..

I liked because it's real. Curry's not a puddle jumper. He creates dynasties and deals with the valleys. He might have one more ship run in him if Meyers can figure this out (the pieces are ALL there to manifest a contender).
BallerTalk
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,816

Post#1322 » by BallerTalk » Sat May 22, 2021 5:04 am

gmoney411 wrote:
BallerTalk wrote:
therealbig3 wrote:
Curry was always better than Harden and CP3 and Westbrook and Durant. He wasn’t as good as LeBron.

That’s pretty much the extent of the Curry vs. “blank” debates.

Curry has always had a better supporting cast than Harden and CP3 and Westbrook and Durant.

Stephen Curry has only made the playoffs ONCE in his entire 12 year career without another All-Star on his team, and that year he got bounced in the first round by the Clippers.

The media and the rings are powerful things. I get it.
Fans love a good bite-sized narrative.
My point is when you compare apples to apples the story reads quite differently.

The truth is all of those guys, minus Russ IMO, are superstar best player on a championship team caliber. Once you start saying things like Curry is always better you are ignoring the difference in supporting cast. Harden literally never had a better roster in a series against Curry and it was never close.

I absolutely agree.
And the reason I include Westbrook is because the entire narrative in 2017, including from many Warriors fans around here, was how horrendous the Thunder roster was outside of Russ. Yet he still managed to get them to the sixth seed that year.
You checkin' for the sound of the beast
I'm the hound, I'ma creep, I get down, I'ma eat
I'ma keep somethin' to lay a naysayer to sleep
-
stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,654

Post#1323 » by stormi » Sat May 22, 2021 5:04 am

Steph to Philly!!!!!!
Slink
Bench Warmer
And1: 948

Post#1324 » by Slink » Sat May 22, 2021 5:05 am

nevetslc wrote:
Memories wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

TinmanZBoy
Head Coach
And1: 4,701

Post#1325 » by TinmanZBoy » Sat May 22, 2021 5:05 am

JoeyLightYears wrote:Skinny Tucker Carlson was pretty clutch for the Grizz in OT. Outscored MVP candidate Curry 6-2

Ted Cruz ?
Hi Clutchie, I love you... :kiss
MagicMamba88
Senior
And1: 1,275

Post#1326 » by MagicMamba88 » Sat May 22, 2021 5:07 am

Read on Twitter
bluemj32
Rookie
And1: 930

Post#1327 » by bluemj32 » Sat May 22, 2021 5:11 am

CodeBreaker wrote:
bluemj32 wrote:
CodeBreaker wrote:Wow you're really defending him? He's basically the reason Warriors lost that game and not make the playoffs. He was airballing and missing wide open shots and layups. Draymond probably wants to kick his nuts
Smh, you're not getting the point of the statement made....no one said he played good.

But you're saying he needs to be out of the league bc of his play?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using RealGM mobile app

Do some backread and check where did I say he needs to be out of the league
You need to do some back reading on how to comment on a post. Look at the original post and my response.

Pro Tip: Know what your commenting on if you're going to use someone's quote & don't change the topic.

lebron stopper
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 24,049

Post#1328 » by lebron stopper » Sat May 22, 2021 5:20 am

xb3at band1tx wrote:Ja and RJ made the post-season before Zion :o

David Griffin is a horrible GM. That is all.
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,836

Post#1329 » by whatisacenter » Sat May 22, 2021 5:20 am

Congratulations to the grizzlies, their fans and all the people wanting the warriors to lose.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
CodeBreaker
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,166

Post#1330 » by CodeBreaker » Sat May 22, 2021 5:21 am

bluemj32 wrote:
CodeBreaker wrote:
bluemj32 wrote:Smh, you're not getting the point of the statement made....no one said he played good.

But you're saying he needs to be out of the league bc of his play?

Do some backread and check where did I say he needs to be out of the league
You need to do some back reading on how to comment on a post. Look at the original post and my response.

Pro Tip: Know what your commenting on if you're going to use someone's quote & don't change the topic.

Improve your comprehension then. I corrected your "one shot" comment since Wiggins played awful the whole 4th quarter and OT. It was more than just one shot
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,676

Post#1331 » by Dupp » Sat May 22, 2021 5:27 am

TheRealKaboom wrote:
Dupp wrote:
LikeABosh wrote:
Did you miss the 72 games where the Warriors proved they were already the better team?

Yea I thought the point of the season was to make the playoffs not avoid the play in.

The point of the season is to win the NBA Finals. Why would any fan settle for their team just making the playoffs?

Point of the regular season*
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,400

Post#1332 » by ILOVEIT » Sat May 22, 2021 5:30 am

Valanciuns scored 29 on ..... 80%%%%%%!!!!!

IMO the Draymond and Looney front line for the Warriors needs to be fixed. You can have the greatest shooter in the world....and all you do is try make up for a PF AND a Center that can't score or defend legit size.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
kobe_vs_jordan
General Manager
And1: 4,481

Post#1333 » by kobe_vs_jordan » Sat May 22, 2021 5:36 am

BallerTalk wrote:
kobe_vs_jordan wrote:
BallerTalk wrote:

Do your own homework :lol:

But I'll get you started:
Rockets 2015
Blazers 2016
Thunder 2017

All those teams are easily better than GSW

Nope.
You may want to actually LOOK at those rosters.

This just brings home what others have been saying for years, exalting Curry above those other guy simply because of wins and without considering the vast differences in supporting cast was silly. But folks still did it.

This season we got to see Curry in similar circumstances.
His personal number were remarkable but his inability to lift his team past even the low bar of making the playoffs is just as noteworthy...especially in those comparisons.

Those rosters filled with g league depth? They lack secondary ball handlers? Lack a second scoring option? They lack quality bigs? Answer is no to all them questions.

Comparison completely off. HSW closer to Smush parker Lakers.
bluemj32
Rookie
And1: 930

Post#1334 » by bluemj32 » Sat May 22, 2021 5:40 am

CodeBreaker wrote:
bluemj32 wrote:
CodeBreaker wrote:Do some backread and check where did I say he needs to be out of the league

Improve your comprehension then. I corrected your "one shot" comment since Wiggins played awful the whole 4th quarter and OT. It was more than just one shot
Smh.....let it go, you commented, you didn't like it, I corrected myself and yet you still don't get it.

Bye Felicia

EliteSmarts
Pro Prospect
And1: 969

Post#1335 » by EliteSmarts » Sat May 22, 2021 5:54 am

infinite11285 wrote:Ja Morant is just built different. You can’t stop someone whose first hater was his dad.

Can you expand on this. First hater was his dad?
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,035
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#1336 » by NO-KG-AI » Sat May 22, 2021 6:13 am

therealbig3 wrote:
NO-KG-AI wrote:Steph is literally throwing the ball to the Grizzlies on most of his turnovers, and we can't even admit that, it has to be someone else's fault. :lol:

Lol and CP3 fans are almost just as bitter as Harden fans.

He wasn’t perfect, he had issues with TOs, but he was easily the best player on the court and almost willed them to a win...for the 2nd game in a row. Didn’t really get a lot of help out there.

Not sure what he failed at today, unless you’re saying not playing perfectly = failure.

I didn't say he was a failure, i said he had awful turnovers that are getting blamed on other people. What does this have to do with CP3 and Harden? He threw like 3-4 passes directly to Morant, and people are blaming the "hands" of his Warrior teammates.

Btw, Brooks did an outstanding job of face guarding him and making him work in 1 on 1 situations for a lot of the game even when they weren't trapping him. Curry had a good game scoring the ball over 47 minutes, but he was awful defensively and his decision making was subpar in delivering the ball. It's going to be ok.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1337 » by NO-KG-AI » Sat May 22, 2021 6:14 am

Also, Andrew "Still Booming with Potential, perfect fit" Wiggins is the scapegoat for all the things that went wrong now, or nah? I need to be able to keep up with what story we're pushing with him.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#1338 » by Chuck Diesel » Sat May 22, 2021 6:20 am

Huge respect to the Grizz. Realized in the first quarter they’d make for a more interesting Utah opponent. What a damn game.

One silver lining in missing out on playoff Curry is we’re now more likely to see him on the Olympic team this summer in Tokyo.
The Milwaukee Bucks are NBA Champions.
BostonCouchGM
Head Coach
And1: 4,857

Post#1339 » by BostonCouchGM » Sat May 22, 2021 6:34 am

as incredible as Steph is, he clearly cannot carry a team being the only elite superstar. His lackadaisical passing leading to sloppy turnovers, trying to do too much and truly awful defense is why. He played similarly in the rigged 2016 Finals and was a major reason why they lost. Too many times in big games his elite shooting disappears too. It's far time people acknowledge and accept this about Steph.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1340 » by NO-KG-AI » Sat May 22, 2021 6:48 am

BostonCouchGM wrote:as incredible as Steph is, he clearly cannot carry a team being the only elite superstar. His lackadaisical passing leading to sloppy turnovers, trying to do too much and truly awful defense is why. He played similarly in the rigged 2016 Finals and was a major reason why they lost. Too many times in big games his elite shooting disappears too. It's far time people acknowledge and accept this about Steph.

Eh. Define "Carry". No one could make this team a contender in Steph's place. Could someone maybe squeeze a few extra wins from this pretty bad squad? Maybe, but who cares. It would probably be negligible at best. Not being able to win a title with an awful team isn't an indictment on superstars, and never should have been.

Return to The General Board