Sorry Nets fans but this was your best shot at a title

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

mademan
RealGM
And1: 28,168

Re: Sorry Nets fans but this was your best shot at a title 

Post#21 » by mademan » Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:16 am

depends. Think Blake showed he still got some real value in this league. Wonder if he signs on for the min again, he'd be a big loss, imo.
GSP
RealGM
And1: 14,649

Post#22 » by GSP » Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:18 am

og15 wrote:
GSP wrote:I dont think your injury woes will get any better and now the whole world knows Joe Harris is one of the biggest chokers in the league. Teams might just start sagging off on him in the future. Great season but Kd played so much.

Blake and Jeff getting older. Can you even keep Bruce Brown? Lot of ifs....

Kyrie is almost always injured in the playoffs too. Cant count on him IMO

Their best shot is a playoffs where two of their top guys get injured? Even if a team has injury woes, I'm not sure how I can understand that one of your best players being out for the playoffs, and another one having a significant injury that keeps them out for games and has them hobbled is a teams best chance.

Injury woes usually get worse as you age not better. For the first time in Hardens career he had 2 significant injuries. It might be a pattern now for all we know
Tha King
Sixth Man
And1: 933

Post#23 » by Tha King » Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:19 am

The roster right now is actually not optimally put together. They've got the big 3 and a bunch of one way role players (either all defense/hustle or floor spacing defensive liabilities). There's actually quite a bit of improvement they can make roster wise on a team that fully healthy would have walked comfortably to the title.
NetsJets
Starter
And1: 658

Post#24 » by NetsJets » Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:19 am

As long as the Nets are healthy they will always have a shot. The top priority is bringing back Spencer Dinwiddie he’s the 4th scorer/playmaker this team needs.
KodiakBear
Sixth Man
And1: 2,038

Post#25 » by KodiakBear » Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:20 am

If they actually could have a playoffs where Kyrie, Durant and Harden were all healthy, they could win it. Problem is Kyrie is what he is. He is frequently injured. This is the 3rd playoffs in 4 years where he missed with an injury. He has entered the territory of a guy you can't rely on and is more of a luxury than a reliability.
amcoolio
Hornets Forum John Hancock
And1: 9,219

Post#26 » by amcoolio » Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:21 am

NetsJets wrote:As long as the Nets are healthy they will always have a shot. The top priority is bringing back Spencer Dinwiddie he’s the 4th scorer/playmaker this team needs.

Kyrie shows up once every 4 postseasons. I don't think you can count on him.
I don't support domestic violence. Thanks Miles
LakersLegacy
Head Coach
And1: 3,869

Post#27 » by LakersLegacy » Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:21 am

Harden will lose his coach D’Antoni. Nash will have to get the 3 to fit together. Plus Blake. Harris is a statistically great shooter. The mike Miller of this team. They have the best roster on paper. But will they fit.

I like them more with Harden and Blake than without. But can’t believe Blake got Tucker to foul out by holding him. Blake really plays the game the wrong way and I do root against players that I don’t think have integrity. If Blake gets out of his own way the way CP3 did when he stopped relying on the refs then Blake could do more for the Nets
grindtime22
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,656

Post#28 » by grindtime22 » Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:23 am

They got one more year before it blows up
turnaroundJ
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,315

Post#29 » by turnaroundJ » Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:23 am

It's possible. This time next year, KD is 33, Harden is 32 (and will probably still be fat). Blake was a key roleplayer and he can barely move side to side. Jeff Green will be 35. We might never even see the big 3 play another full playoff series together.
NetsJets
Starter
And1: 658

Post#30 » by NetsJets » Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:23 am

amcoolio wrote:
NetsJets wrote:As long as the Nets are healthy they will always have a shot. The top priority is bringing back Spencer Dinwiddie he’s the 4th scorer/playmaker this team needs.

Kyrie shows up once every 4 postseasons. I don't think you can count on him.

That’s always a concern with him. Hopefully he can stay healthy like he did in ‘16, ‘17 and ‘19.
njnets62892
Sophomore
And1: 97

Post#31 » by njnets62892 » Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:25 am

Their best chance was Kyrie not playing and Harden on one leg? Ok then
TravisScott55
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,813

Post#32 » by TravisScott55 » Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:26 am

Lol what
CIN-C-STAR
Head Coach
And1: 16,280

Post#33 » by CIN-C-STAR » Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:28 am

I actually think they will dominate next season after an offseason to tweak their roster around the Big 3 and get healthy again.
Plus they'll get Dinwiddie back and still have some assets. And ring chasers will flock there, like they've done to superteams especially in big cities in the past, in free agency and the buyout market next season.
Health is quite a bit about luck, but if healthy they're in a great spot.
"I'd rather have Kevin Love spacing out to the three point line than anything (Karl) Malone brings"
:lol: :lol: :lol:
RoyceDa59
RealGM
And1: 8,785

Post#34 » by RoyceDa59 » Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:29 am

Nets will steam roll to a chip next year in my honest opinion.
Go Raps!!
Bobbymcgee
Starter
And1: 1,946

Post#35 » by Bobbymcgee » Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:39 am

I think next year will be their best shot at a title. But, Harden needs to lose weight and take his health more seriously. Irving's injury was a fluke but he has a history of getting injured as well. They need to re-tool their bench. Too much overpaid deadweight like Harris and Jordan. Also, Shamet remains a question mark in regards to him realizing his potential.
CraftylikeaFox
Sixth Man
And1: 2,243

Post#36 » by CraftylikeaFox » Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:42 am

og15 wrote:
GSP wrote:I dont think your injury woes will get any better and now the whole world knows Joe Harris is one of the biggest chokers in the league. Teams might just start sagging off on him in the future. Great season but Kd played so much.

Blake and Jeff getting older. Can you even keep Bruce Brown? Lot of ifs....

Kyrie is almost always injured in the playoffs too. Cant count on him IMO

Their best shot is a playoffs where two of their top guys get injured? Even if a team has injury woes, I'm not sure how I can understand that one of your best players being out for the playoffs, and another one having a significant injury that keeps them out for games and has them hobbled is a teams best chance.

Not to mention that KD/Harden/Irving will still all be in their prime for at least two more seasons. The Nets will open next year as one of the title favorites and it will be deserved.
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,572

Post#37 » by DarkXaero » Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:46 am

GSP, the guy with a great track record of being right. I guess us Nets fans should pack it up then.
fteru6uhre54ew
Rookie
And1: 645

Post#38 » by fteru6uhre54ew » Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:48 am

KD Irving and Harden will retire or what?

Probably this thread is going to be up in the next couple of years I don't know
GSP
RealGM
And1: 14,649

Post#39 » by GSP » Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:51 am

DarkXaero wrote:GSP, the guy with a great track record of being right. I guess us Nets fans should pack it up then.

Didnt I tell you you had no answers for Giannis and the Bucks would beat you?

What do you think Embiid is gonna do? Youre gonna defend him with Blake? :lol: :lol:
MrPeanut
Sophomore
And1: 71

Post#40 » by MrPeanut » Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:53 am

Nets need more help, how about a 4th & 5th Super Star? Come on Man, help Brooklyn buy a Championship.

Return to The General Board