Vasa Micic Highest Paid EuroLeague Player: around €16.65M for all three years of the contract

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Mirotic12
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,482

Vasa Micic Highest Paid EuroLeague Player: around €16.65M for all three years of the contract 

Post#1 » by Mirotic12 » Fri Jul 2, 2021 4:21 pm

Read on Twitter

Micic's new EuroLeague contract is said to be for €5.55 million euros net income per season ($6.6 million US dollars) net income per season. Niko Mirotic's EuroLeague contract is reported to be $6.2 million US dollars net income per season.

Alexey Shved's EuroLeague contract was reported to be $4.5 million US dollars net income per season. Shane Larkin's EuroLeague contract is reported to be $4 million US dollars net income per season.

Note that this is the amount of money earned after taxes, agent fees, and union fees, etc. are already paid, as this is considered a normal way to report salaries in Europe. In general, the standard to convert to an NBA contract is to multiply the European contract by 2.225.

So Micic would be making about $14.7 million per season, in NBA money. While Mirotic would be making about $13.8 million per season, in terms of NBA money. So the NBA equivalent salaries would be:

1. Vasa Micic - $14.7 million per season

2. Niko Mirotic - $13.7 million per season

3. Alexey Shved - $10 million per season

4. Shane Larkin - $8.9 million per season
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,438

Re: Vasa Micic New EuroLeague Contract $14.7 Million Per Season 

Post#2 » by Mavrelous » Fri Jul 2, 2021 4:35 pm

That's Bogdanovic money, and he's still 1 hour flight from home :)
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
CobraCommander
RealGM
And1: 13,965

Re: Vasa Micic Highest Paid EuroLeague Player: $14.7 Million Per Season 

Post#3 » by CobraCommander » Fri Jul 2, 2021 4:37 pm

Yeah at some point the euros gonna start taking top end European talent from nba...or maybe some good middle of The pack American guys
p0peye
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,002

Post#4 » by p0peye » Fri Jul 2, 2021 4:38 pm

I just felt the need to express my hate for using gross salaries in negotiations. It simply reflects strength of negotiating sides (gross usage where companies are simply being interested in cost control only and net salary usage revealing economies or industry niches where employees are stronger side).

To compare salaries across countries fairly, one needs to include rents and cost of living as well (not that it matters in sallaries amounting in millions, but it is vitally important to regular people).
Mirotic12
Lead Assistant

Post#5 » by Mirotic12 » Fri Jul 2, 2021 4:39 pm

CobraCommander wrote:Yeah at some point the euros gonna start taking top end European talent from nba...or maybe some good middle of The pack American guys

I don't think the EuroLeague teams are interested in that anymore. They have already signed many such players from the NBA, and all of them were big busts, considering their contracts. None of the EuroLeague teams that signed such players ever won anything either.
Lockdown504090
RealGM
And1: 12,092

Post#6 » by Lockdown504090 » Fri Jul 2, 2021 4:40 pm

KhalilS wrote:That's Bogdanovic money, and he's still 1 hour flight from home :)

and playing way less games. thats a sweet ass deal.
Mirotic12
Lead Assistant

Post#7 » by Mirotic12 » Fri Jul 2, 2021 4:40 pm

Lockdown504090 wrote:and playing way less games. thats a sweet ass deal.

The EuroLeague teams play 85-90 games a season.
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,802

Post#8 » by UcanUwill » Fri Jul 2, 2021 4:43 pm

Really wanted to see him in the NBA, but at the same time glad Euroleague kept one of their biggest talents. I do not really believe in those contracts, numbers seem way too big for Euro basketball.
luka27
Sophomore
And1: 127

Post#9 » by luka27 » Fri Jul 2, 2021 4:44 pm

Mirotic12 wrote:
CobraCommander wrote:Yeah at some point the euros gonna start taking top end European talent from nba...or maybe some good middle of The pack American guys

I don't think the EuroLeague teams are interested in that anymore. They have already signed many such players from the NBA, and all of them were big busts, considering their contracts. None of the EuroLeague teams that signed such players ever won anything either.

So what is Shane Larkin?
reamily
Senior
And1: 87

Post#10 » by reamily » Fri Jul 2, 2021 4:44 pm

Its 85 to 90 but its 40 minutes and even the stars dont get to play more than 30 and they also play lower tier domestic club teams so lesser mins in there also
celticfan42487
RealGM
And1: 15,279

Post#11 » by celticfan42487 » Fri Jul 2, 2021 4:45 pm

Lockdown504090 wrote:
KhalilS wrote:That's Bogdanovic money, and he's still 1 hour flight from home :)

and playing way less games. thats a sweet ass deal.

I wonder if Bogdy is getting any increase in marketing deals money which NBA players make so so so so much off of.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#12 » by Mavrelous » Fri Jul 2, 2021 4:47 pm

Unless he REALLY wants to try to play in the NBA, OKC should pay him 20 millions a year to entice him, not happening.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#13 » by Mavrelous » Fri Jul 2, 2021 4:48 pm

luka27 wrote:
Mirotic12 wrote:

So what is Shane Larkin?

Bottom feeder, middleof the pack is someone like Norman Powell.
Mirotic12
Lead Assistant

Post#14 » by Mirotic12 » Fri Jul 2, 2021 4:49 pm

luka27 wrote:So what is Shane Larkin?

He's not a middle of the pack NBA player. EuroLeague already signed some of those guys directly from the NBA. Just from like 2007 to 2011, EuroLeague signed plenty of them. Lots of guys that were NBA starters / 6th men / main rotation players, including players from USA, Latin America, and Europe, went to EuroLeague and even EuroCup teams......they were all busts.

Even Kirilenko was pretty much a bust both times he signed with CSKA, when you consider his huge contract amounts ($5 million net income - like $11 million in NBA terms), and that they failed to win the EuroLeague both times they signed him.

Mirotic was the only such player EuroLeague was interested in since that.
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,802

Post#15 » by UcanUwill » Fri Jul 2, 2021 4:51 pm

Mirotic12 wrote:

Name me one example of EL stealing decent NBA player from NBA, that was a bust, beside Josh Childress. What were players that EL stole from NBA period, Childress, Kleiza, Mirotic, who else?

Ah, yes, Kirilenko, who was named EUroleague MVP, was a bust, haha, Mirotic12 will spin anything into his BS.
Doranku
Analyst
And1: 5,860

Post#16 » by Doranku » Fri Jul 2, 2021 4:52 pm

Mirotic12 wrote:
luka27 wrote:So what is Shane Larkin?

He's not a middle of the pack NBA player. EuroLeague already signed tons of those guys directly from the NBA. Just from like 2007 to 2011, EuroLeague signed bunches of them. Lots of guys that were NBA starters / 6th men / main rotation players, including players from USA, Latin America, and Europe, went to EuroLeague and even EuroCup teams......they were all busts.

Even Kirilenko was pretty much a bust both times he signed with CSKA, when you consider his huge contract amounts ($5 million net income - like $11 million in NBA terms), and that they failed to win the EuroLeague both times they signed him.

Mirotic was the only such player EuroLeague was interested in since that.

lol how can you call a guy who won Euroleague MVP a bust?
homecourtloss
RealGM
And1: 17,687

Post#17 » by homecourtloss » Fri Jul 2, 2021 4:54 pm

UcanUwill wrote:
Mirotic12 wrote:

Name me one example of EL stealing decent NBA player from NBA, that was a bust, beside Josh Childress. What were players that EL stole from NBA period, Childress, Kleiza, Mirotic, who else?

Ah, yes, Kirilenko, who was named EUroleague MVP, was a bust, haha, Mirotic12 will spin anything into his BS.

Here we go with the the at least semi-annual Mirotic12 Eurolesgues propaganda
lessthanjake wrote:Kyrie was extremely impactful without LeBron, and basically had zero impact whatsoever if LeBron was on the court.

lessthanjake wrote: By playing in a way that prevents Kyrie from getting much impact, LeBron ensures that controlling for Kyrie has limited effect…
Arco Thunder
Sophomore
And1: 253

Post#18 » by Arco Thunder » Fri Jul 2, 2021 4:56 pm

This guy (OP) hates the NBA.
Mirotic12
Lead Assistant

Post#19 » by Mirotic12 » Fri Jul 2, 2021 4:58 pm

UcanUwill wrote:Name me one example of EL stealing decent NBA player from NBA, that was a bust, beside Josh Childress. What were players that EL stole from NBA period, Childress, Kleiza, Mirotic, who else?

If you followed European basketball, you would definitely know this.

They had all of these players signed just in a couple seasons:

Carlos Delfino
Josh Childress
Jannero Pargo
Nenad Krstic
Andrei Kirilenko
Boki Nachbar
Linas Kleiza
Von Wafer
Carlos Arroyo
Jordan Farmar
Allen Iverson

There were some other guys too, I just can't remember them all right off the top of my head.

They were all NBA starters / 6th men / main rotation players in the NBA, and signed directly into the EuroLeague / EuroCup. All of them were busts, considering their salaries and that none of their teams won anything. Although Kleiza and Kirilenko put up good stats for one season. Kirilenko's second signing with CSKA was also a bust.

And if you are talking about EuroLeague all time taking players from NBA, of course there are way, way more than that. I'm just talking about the time period back in late 2000s, early 2010s, when European clubs tried that let's sign some rotation guys from NBA, and see what happens. All of the signings were failures, and they never looked at it again until Mirotic. And so far, Mirotic's signing is also a failure.

So I don't see EuroLeague teams being interested in that again. They already experimented with it and it just didn't work for them. I mean every single season the EuroLeague signs some guys that were rotation players from the NBA. It happens every season. It's no big deal.
RunOKC
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,399

Post#20 » by RunOKC » Fri Jul 2, 2021 5:00 pm

I guess he isn't coming to OKC

Return to The General Board