Framework of Kuzma, THT and Schroeder for Westbrook being discussed

Moderators: jamaalstar21, -Sammy-, infinite11285, ken6199, Domejandro, bwgood77, Dirk, zimpy27, KingDavid

User avatar
whatisacenter
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,536
And1: 5,743
Joined: Aug 05, 2013
 

Re: Framework of Kuzma, THT and Schroeder for Westbrook being discussed 

Post#101 » by whatisacenter » Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:41 pm

Image
User avatar
Best2EverDoIt
Starter
Posts: 2,161
And1: 1,883
Joined: Apr 16, 2016
     

Re: Framework of Kuzma, THT and Schroeder for Westbrook being discussed 

Post#102 » by Best2EverDoIt » Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:48 pm

John Murdoch wrote:
Best2EverDoIt wrote:NO!!!!!! No. I want to be able to continue to root for Russ and I won't be able to if he's a Laker. Lakers fans don't even deserve him. Acting like they don't want him. He's would be the best point guard your team has had this century.


Image
:lol:
Doranku
Pro Prospect
Posts: 978
And1: 1,834
Joined: Feb 21, 2020
   

Re: Framework of Kuzma, THT and Schroeder for Westbrook being discussed 

Post#103 » by Doranku » Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:54 pm

Honestly... if this is what it takes to get Schroder and Kuzma off the team, I'm on board.
Bornstellar
Analyst
Posts: 3,037
And1: 6,667
Joined: Mar 05, 2018
 

Re: Framework of Kuzma, THT and Schroeder for Westbrook being discussed 

Post#104 » by Bornstellar » Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:56 pm

This would be hilarious, I hope it happens. Lakers would probably get by on talent alone but I can't wait to see Westbrook pass up AD/LeBron with the game on the line to take a contested 3 pointer :lol:
Young gun 6
Analyst
Posts: 3,028
And1: 4,993
Joined: Dec 23, 2014
     

Re: Framework of Kuzma, THT and Schroeder for Westbrook being discussed 

Post#105 » by Young gun 6 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:16 pm

IgorK wrote:I still don't see the Lakers giving up all 3 of Kuzma, Schroder and THT for anyone outside of Dame or Steph (which also isn't happening). A S&T for Schroder + Kuzma + this year's FRP is the best package anyone is getting. I believe Caruso & THT are also borderline-untouchable not because they're so great but because Lakers need them badly for depth & fit purposes.



Wait what? Since when do these 3 have any value.

Schroder is about to be overpaid and a horrible contract for what he’s asking for. Kuzma is one of the most meh players in the league and you’d really have to be squinting to see THT as much of a prospect.

One of those scenarios where 3 meh items doesn’t suddenly mean you get something good back purely based on volume.
SF_Warriors
Head Coach
Posts: 7,030
And1: 3,485
Joined: Jul 12, 2012

Re: Framework of Kuzma, THT and Schroeder for Westbrook being discussed 

Post#106 » by SF_Warriors » Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:37 pm

IgorK wrote:
SF_Warriors wrote:
IgorK wrote:
Except, they are. GeT a GriP dUdE.


AD's RS career high in 3 point percentage is 34% on 2 attempts. His second highest was last season 33% on 3.5 attempts. Last year in the playoffs, he was 38% but only on 2.9 attempts in 36.6 mpg. So no, AD is not a proficient three point shooter. Bron is not the greatest three point shooter but he definitely needs to be respected out there. AD not so much unless he is wide open.. if you put a hand up he's not going to shoot it from distance. With that said, AD is still a very good mid range shooter and he spreads the floor that way.


;ab_channel=BleacherReport

Image


I showed numbers spanning multiple seasons and larger sample sizes and you are pointing to ONE play to prove your point that someone is a good three point shooter? Okay...? I put out a valid discussion point without insulting you or being condescending. And you literally gave nothing of substance as a rebuttal while being Childish and douchey at the same time.

I guess dwayne wade was a good three point shooter then.

User avatar
cpower
RealGM
Posts: 14,164
And1: 5,510
Joined: Mar 03, 2011
   

Re: Framework of Kuzma, THT and Schroeder for Westbrook being discussed 

Post#107 » by cpower » Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:45 pm

Westbrook is not a top player any more but he will at least stay on the floor. I think it makes sense for Lakers, having Westbrook to handle more ball so that Lebron can take a break and AD will have an easy time too. They just need to get vet shooters.
MelosSoreWrist
Analyst
Posts: 3,466
And1: 1,483
Joined: Mar 25, 2012

Re: Framework of Kuzma, THT and Schroeder for Westbrook being discussed 

Post#108 » by MelosSoreWrist » Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:08 pm

AD and LBJ better work on their 3 pt shot and boxing out, Westbrook about to unleash his MVPbrook.
NYK 455 wrote:
greenhughes wrote:I hope Melo leaves and wins a championship and rubs it all in our face.

How does that make you better than the Lin, Gallo, and Wil fans who root for them over NY?
mtron32
Veteran
Posts: 2,731
And1: 1,410
Joined: Nov 18, 2016
       

Re: Framework of Kuzma, THT and Schroeder for Westbrook being discussed 

Post#109 » by mtron32 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:29 pm

thebigbird wrote:Why does Rob Pelinka think he’s building a team for 1981 and not 2021? Dude has refused to sign shooters for three years now when everyone knows how great LeBron is with spacing.


Seriously, all he needs to be signing is shooters, but it might be too late. THey got cute last summer and let Dwight get away and gave KCP and Kuz money, they should've been in the white van immediately after the bubble, and they should've drugged dwight and shipped him back to LA. They really need an offensive PG
HurricaneKid
General Manager
Posts: 7,727
And1: 4,745
Joined: Jul 13, 2010
Location: Sconnie Nation
 

Re: Framework of Kuzma, THT and Schroeder for Westbrook being discussed 

Post#110 » by HurricaneKid » Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:48 pm

Pinkyring wrote:Shroeder would want to go to Washington why?
Exactly.

Rule #1:
Is a trade legal? If not GTFO. This trade is only legal is Schroeder a) wants to sign with Wash and b) elects to complete a SnT.

As is, it's clickbait BS.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
fishnc wrote:If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and LeBron, I would shoot LeBron twice.
User avatar
Edrees
RealGM
Posts: 13,908
And1: 8,609
Joined: May 12, 2009
Contact:
         

Re: Framework of Kuzma, THT and Schroeder for Westbrook being discussed 

Post#111 » by Edrees » Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:50 pm

If he's the best player we can get for those 3 I say we do it.

mtron32 wrote:
thebigbird wrote:Why does Rob Pelinka think he’s building a team for 1981 and not 2021? Dude has refused to sign shooters for three years now when everyone knows how great LeBron is with spacing.


Seriously, all he needs to be signing is shooters, but it might be too late. THey got cute last summer and let Dwight get away and gave KCP and Kuz money, they should've been in the white van immediately after the bubble, and they should've drugged dwight and shipped him back to LA. They really need an offensive PG


I didn't know Dwight was a shooter. Can you make up your mind? Do the lakers need players like dwight or do they need shooters? Dwight isn't a shooter so it's either or. On one hand you're saying they can live with bad spacing (which is what they get with Dwight on the floor) on the other hand you're saying we need shooters which means don't sign players like Dwight...
MelosSoreWrist
Analyst
Posts: 3,466
And1: 1,483
Joined: Mar 25, 2012

Re: Framework of Kuzma, THT and Schroeder for Westbrook being discussed 

Post#112 » by MelosSoreWrist » Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:01 am

HurricaneKid wrote:
Pinkyring wrote:Shroeder would want to go to Washington why?
Exactly.

Rule #1:
Is a trade legal? If not GTFO. This trade is only legal is Schroeder a) wants to sign with Wash and b) elects to complete a SnT.

As is, it's clickbait BS.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app

With only so many teams under the cap, this might be the best way for Shroeder to get the most money for the most number of years. Everything from Denis this past season indicates he is after the most money as possible this signing period.
NYK 455 wrote:
greenhughes wrote:I hope Melo leaves and wins a championship and rubs it all in our face.

How does that make you better than the Lin, Gallo, and Wil fans who root for them over NY?
JJ_PR
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,998
And1: 1,523
Joined: Mar 19, 2015
     

Re: Framework of Kuzma, THT and Schroeder for Westbrook being discussed 

Post#113 » by JJ_PR » Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:18 am

Pinkyring wrote:Shroeder would want to go to Washington why?


If they cough up enough money, he'll go anywhere. I'm kinda glad my team doesn't have cap space this offseason.
Sean Marks (Nets GM) "There are no shortcuts. Strategic thinking wins."

Bologna Smasher wrote:I'd rather go with the team full of kings than the team with just one.

February 12, 2019.
User avatar
KyRo23
Starter
Posts: 2,106
And1: 5,016
Joined: May 07, 2017
   

Re: Framework of Kuzma, THT and Schroeder for Westbrook being discussed 

Post#114 » by KyRo23 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:21 am

I don’t get why so many people are against this for LA. Everyone making fun of Kuzma and Schroder all year… THT unfairly made fun of because LA DIDNT trade him… and Russ was getting a lot of praise on these forums all season, especially towards the end.

Is it just because he would be in LA that people act like it’s a horrible trade?
Pointgod
RealGM
Posts: 13,185
And1: 13,012
Joined: Jun 28, 2014

Re: Framework of Kuzma, THT and Schroeder for Westbrook being discussed 

Post#115 » by Pointgod » Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:50 am

KyRo23 wrote:I don’t get why so many people are against this for LA. Everyone making fun of Kuzma and Schroder all year… THT unfairly made fun of because LA DIDNT trade him… and Russ was getting a lot of praise on these forums all season, especially towards the end.

Is it just because he would be in LA that people act like it’s a horrible trade?


I think it’s more of the fit with Lebron and AD. I honestly don’t see the fit either both guys are high usage players and neither can play off the ball. I think it works in the regular season, but come playoff time it might make the team easier to defend against.
mtron32
Veteran
Posts: 2,731
And1: 1,410
Joined: Nov 18, 2016
       

Re: Framework of Kuzma, THT and Schroeder for Westbrook being discussed 

Post#116 » by mtron32 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:55 am

Edrees wrote:If he's the best player we can get for those 3 I say we do it.

mtron32 wrote:
thebigbird wrote:Why does Rob Pelinka think he’s building a team for 1981 and not 2021? Dude has refused to sign shooters for three years now when everyone knows how great LeBron is with spacing.


Seriously, all he needs to be signing is shooters, but it might be too late. THey got cute last summer and let Dwight get away and gave KCP and Kuz money, they should've been in the white van immediately after the bubble, and they should've drugged dwight and shipped him back to LA. They really need an offensive PG


I didn't know Dwight was a shooter. Can you make up your mind? Do the lakers need players like dwight or do they need shooters? Dwight isn't a shooter so it's either or. On one hand you're saying they can live with bad spacing (which is what they get with Dwight on the floor) on the other hand you're saying we need shooters which means don't sign players like Dwight...


They also need a big, they need a lot TBH
User avatar
JellosJigglin
RealGM
Posts: 15,293
And1: 9,210
Joined: Jul 14, 2004

Re: Framework of Kuzma, THT and Schroeder for Westbrook being discussed 

Post#117 » by JellosJigglin » Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:00 am

Man, just waiting for the bron era to come to an end. For the first time in my life I lost interest in my team. Westbrick would be the vomit on top of a cow dung patty.
RIP BASKETBALL REASONS (DEC 8TH 2011 - OCT 11TH 2020)
thebigbird
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,962
And1: 16,393
Joined: Jul 11, 2018
 

Re: Framework of Kuzma, THT and Schroeder for Westbrook being discussed 

Post#118 » by thebigbird » Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:21 am

JellosJigglin wrote:Man, just waiting for the bron era to come to an end. For the first time in my life I lost interest in my team. Westbrick would be the vomit on top of a cow dung patty.

This is why I'll always hate that LeBron went to the Lakers.

The 5 years before LeBron signed:
27-55
21-61
17-65
26-56
35-47

LeBron comes to town, he gets AD to join him, and they win a championship in year 2. Yet the Kobe stans will never accept him. Wish he would've went to literally any other team.
User avatar
tdotrep2
RealGM
Posts: 14,328
And1: 15,117
Joined: May 21, 2011
 

Re: Framework of Kuzma, THT and Schroeder for Westbrook being discussed 

Post#119 » by tdotrep2 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:26 am

so they ddidnt want to give up tucker for lowy but giving up kuzma and tht for westbrook after an important chance to win is closed... kk
MostValQuitter
Sophomore
Posts: 177
And1: 126
Joined: Jun 12, 2021

Re: Framework of Kuzma, THT and Schroeder for Westbrook being discussed 

Post#120 » by MostValQuitter » Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:14 am

This rumor is bull both THT and Schroeder are FA and would have to agree to contracts before being traded. Good luck with that.

Return to The General Board