Framework of Kuzma, THT and Schroeder for Westbrook being discussed

Moderators: jamaalstar21, -Sammy-, infinite11285, ken6199, Domejandro, bwgood77, Dirk, zimpy27, KingDavid

Fo-Real
General Manager
Posts: 7,579
And1: 3,785
Joined: Mar 21, 2009
     

Re: Framework of Kuzma, THT and Schroeder for Westbrook being discussed 

Post#121 » by Fo-Real » Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:42 am

Didn't read all but I'm sure someone has mentioned that you can not combine a sign and traded player with other outgoing players.
pwrshft99
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,945
And1: 3,012
Joined: Jan 04, 2005
Location: Chicago
 

Re: Framework of Kuzma, THT and Schroeder for Westbrook being discussed 

Post#122 » by pwrshft99 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:45 am

Please let this happen!!

No better end to LBJs career than him staring baffled as Westbrick goes 3-20 in an elimination game.
#sadbullsfan
User avatar
MrBigShot
RealGM
Posts: 13,310
And1: 9,873
Joined: Dec 18, 2010
 

Re: Framework of Kuzma, THT and Schroeder for Westbrook being discussed 

Post#123 » by MrBigShot » Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:12 am

I'm just picturing LeBron putting his head down and not getting back on defense after a bone-headed Westbrook decision or ill-advised pull up 3.
"They say you miss 100% of the shots you take" - Mike James
User avatar
Edrees
RealGM
Posts: 13,908
And1: 8,609
Joined: May 12, 2009
Contact:
         

Re: Framework of Kuzma, THT and Schroeder for Westbrook being discussed 

Post#124 » by Edrees » Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:18 pm

mtron32 wrote:
Edrees wrote:If he's the best player we can get for those 3 I say we do it.

mtron32 wrote:
Seriously, all he needs to be signing is shooters, but it might be too late. THey got cute last summer and let Dwight get away and gave KCP and Kuz money, they should've been in the white van immediately after the bubble, and they should've drugged dwight and shipped him back to LA. They really need an offensive PG


I didn't know Dwight was a shooter. Can you make up your mind? Do the lakers need players like dwight or do they need shooters? Dwight isn't a shooter so it's either or. On one hand you're saying they can live with bad spacing (which is what they get with Dwight on the floor) on the other hand you're saying we need shooters which means don't sign players like Dwight...


They also need a big, they need a lot TBH


That doesn't answer the question. If they get bigs who are bad at spacing (which you suggested) their spacing will get worse. if you think spacing is important for Lebron the Lakers need to get bigs who are good at 3 pt shooting and jump shooting, NOT Dwight.

Seems like you have contradicted yourself and and don't know how to admit you are wrong.
BostonCouchGM
Veteran
Posts: 2,809
And1: 2,041
Joined: Jun 07, 2018

Re: Framework of Kuzma, THT and Schroeder for Westbrook being discussed 

Post#125 » by BostonCouchGM » Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:27 pm

The Wizards are so poorly run. This would be another head scratching example of the major markets being fed by small market farm system teams. League is rigged. There’s absolutely no reason for the Wizards to do this if winning was their goal. The return is embarrassing
kbitboc
Senior
Posts: 614
And1: 342
Joined: Mar 11, 2005

Re: Framework of Kuzma, THT and Schroeder for Westbrook being discussed 

Post#126 » by kbitboc » Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:27 pm

Edrees wrote:
mtron32 wrote:
Edrees wrote:If he's the best player we can get for those 3 I say we do it.



I didn't know Dwight was a shooter. Can you make up your mind? Do the lakers need players like dwight or do they need shooters? Dwight isn't a shooter so it's either or. On one hand you're saying they can live with bad spacing (which is what they get with Dwight on the floor) on the other hand you're saying we need shooters which means don't sign players like Dwight...


They also need a big, they need a lot TBH


That doesn't answer the question. If they get bigs who are bad at spacing (which you suggested) their spacing will get worse. if you think spacing is important for Lebron the Lakers need to get bigs who are good at 3 pt shooting and jump shooting, NOT Dwight.

Seems like you have contradicted yourself and and don't know how to admit you are wrong.


If the Lakers really need shooting, then they should go after Marc Gasol.
Movics
Junior
Posts: 435
And1: 228
Joined: Jul 16, 2015
Location: Trampa, FL
   

Re: Framework of Kuzma, THT and Schroeder for Westbrook being discussed 

Post#127 » by Movics » Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:31 pm

Can you even trade multiple players in a sign and trade deal?
It's kinda funny how life changed and rearranged,
no matter what happens, everything ain't gon' be the same
xdrta+
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,478
And1: 3,842
Joined: Jun 18, 2018

Re: Framework of Kuzma, THT and Schroeder for Westbrook being discussed 

Post#128 » by xdrta+ » Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:32 pm

Fo-Real wrote:Didn't read all but I'm sure someone has mentioned that you can not combine a sign and traded player with other outgoing players.


Sure you can. Look at the Jrue Holiday/Steven Adams four-team trade during the 2020 offseason. The Pelicans had to sign-and-trade a bunch of guys to the Thunder in order to make salary matching work.
User avatar
Harry Garris
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,728
And1: 6,907
Joined: Jul 12, 2017
     

Re: Framework of Kuzma, THT and Schroeder for Westbrook being discussed 

Post#129 » by Harry Garris » Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:36 pm

IgorK wrote:
thebigbird wrote:Why does Rob Pelinka think he’s building a team for 1981 and not 2021? Dude has refused to sign shooters for three years now when everyone knows how great LeBron is with spacing.


Did you watch the Finals? The team with exterior finesse & shooting got beat by a team that trotted out a huge lineup and dominated inside. Lakers bullied teams inside on their way to 2020 title, too.


That's a little disengenious. The Bucks played with 4 shooters on the floor at all times so they didn't lack spacing at all. The reason they dominated inside was not because they are bucking modern trends, they could do it because they had Giannis. Westbrook is not Giannis and his lack of shooting ability as a perimeter player creates challenges for building an offense around him.
Image
MelosSoreWrist
Analyst
Posts: 3,466
And1: 1,483
Joined: Mar 25, 2012

Re: Framework of Kuzma, THT and Schroeder for Westbrook being discussed 

Post#130 » by MelosSoreWrist » Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:36 pm

BostonCouchGM wrote:The Wizards are so poorly run. This would be another head scratching example of the major markets being fed by small market farm system teams. League is rigged. There’s absolutely no reason for the Wizards to do this if winning was their goal. The return is embarrassing

I dont know how much has changed since this past season but Wall was considered a bad contract, one of the worst in the league and they traded him and lottery protected 1st to get Westbrook who was also considered a bad contract but just not quite as bad.

Trading Westbrook, not taking back bad contracts and getting assets would be a big plus... unless the belief has changed and Westbrook is now worth $44 and $47 mil the next two seasons.
NYK 455 wrote:
greenhughes wrote:I hope Melo leaves and wins a championship and rubs it all in our face.

How does that make you better than the Lin, Gallo, and Wil fans who root for them over NY?
User avatar
whatisacenter
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,536
And1: 5,743
Joined: Aug 05, 2013
 

Re: Framework of Kuzma, THT and Schroeder for Westbrook being discussed 

Post#131 » by whatisacenter » Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:41 pm

kbitboc wrote:
Edrees wrote:
mtron32 wrote:
They also need a big, they need a lot TBH


That doesn't answer the question. If they get bigs who are bad at spacing (which you suggested) their spacing will get worse. if you think spacing is important for Lebron the Lakers need to get bigs who are good at 3 pt shooting and jump shooting, NOT Dwight.

Seems like you have contradicted yourself and and don't know how to admit you are wrong.


If the Lakers really need shooting, then they should go after Marc Gasol.

Image
DroseReturnChi
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,593
And1: 1,514
Joined: Feb 12, 2012
 

Re: Framework of Kuzma, THT and Schroeder for Westbrook being discussed 

Post#132 » by DroseReturnChi » Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:43 pm

how stacked is this team? Westbrook/AD/Lebron/dwight and another ring chaser in Carmelo?
wow thats just historic redeem team. just give them the rings after CP3 joins the banana boat crew.
Doncic will be goat.
lamscott
Analyst
Posts: 3,106
And1: 2,719
Joined: Jul 09, 2010
 

Re: Framework of Kuzma, THT and Schroeder for Westbrook being discussed 

Post#133 » by lamscott » Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:53 pm

IgorK wrote:
LastNameEver wrote:
IgorK wrote:I still don't see the Lakers giving up all 3 of Kuzma, Schroder and THT for anyone outside of Dame or Steph (which also isn't happening). A S&T for Schroder + Kuzma + this year's FRP is the best package anyone is getting. I believe Caruso & THT are also borderline-untouchable not because they're so great but because Lakers need them badly for depth & fit purposes.

You act like those are prized pieces, those guys are dime a dozen role players


I'm not saying anyone is a prized piece in that package. I'm saying the Lakers literally can't afford to trade away those pieces because it subtracts what little depth they have (these large contracts put them into hard cap territory).


I don't think the dumbs here understand this. They would be hard capped. I don't know how this would work without the Lakers bring back fodder to at least fill some roster spots. They had to only carry 14 last year because of the Hard cap.
JJ_PR
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,998
And1: 1,523
Joined: Mar 19, 2015
     

Re: Framework of Kuzma, THT and Schroeder for Westbrook being discussed 

Post#134 » by JJ_PR » Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:28 pm

This would be Westbrook / Harden 2.0., except worse.
Sean Marks (Nets GM) "There are no shortcuts. Strategic thinking wins."

Bologna Smasher wrote:I'd rather go with the team full of kings than the team with just one.

February 12, 2019.
LakersLegacy
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,935
And1: 2,609
Joined: Apr 27, 2015
   

Re: Framework of Kuzma, THT and Schroeder for Westbrook being discussed 

Post#135 » by LakersLegacy » Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:30 pm

Not THT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He’s going to be soooooooo great
60odbye Kobe
xdrta+
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,478
And1: 3,842
Joined: Jun 18, 2018

Re: Framework of Kuzma, THT and Schroeder for Westbrook being discussed 

Post#136 » by xdrta+ » Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:43 pm

lamscott wrote:
IgorK wrote:
LastNameEver wrote:You act like those are prized pieces, those guys are dime a dozen role players


I'm not saying anyone is a prized piece in that package. I'm saying the Lakers literally can't afford to trade away those pieces because it subtracts what little depth they have (these large contracts put them into hard cap territory).


I don't think the dumbs here understand this. They would be hard capped. I don't know how this would work without the Lakers bring back fodder to at least fill some roster spots. They had to only carry 14 last year because of the Hard cap.


Why would they be hard-capped? Are they receiving a S&T player?
User avatar
RoyceDa59
RealGM
Posts: 21,502
And1: 5,575
Joined: Aug 25, 2002
         

Re: Framework of Kuzma, THT and Schroeder for Westbrook being discussed 

Post#137 » by RoyceDa59 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:45 pm

A low bball IQ poor decision making low efficiency high volume scorer who can’t spread the floor or play defence.

I couldn’t think of a worse fit for the Lakers.
Go Raps!!
User avatar
ForeverTFC
General Manager
Posts: 8,541
And1: 8,252
Joined: Dec 07, 2004
         

Re: Framework of Kuzma, THT and Schroeder for Westbrook being discussed 

Post#138 » by ForeverTFC » Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:48 pm

I thought you couldn't combine multiple players in a sign and trade. How does this work?
xdrta+
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,478
And1: 3,842
Joined: Jun 18, 2018

Re: Framework of Kuzma, THT and Schroeder for Westbrook being discussed 

Post#139 » by xdrta+ » Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:51 pm

ForeverTFC wrote:I thought you couldn't combine multiple players in a sign and trade. How does this work?


I don't know why this fallacy is so widespread. See comment #128.
Marrrcuss
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,708
And1: 1,211
Joined: Oct 23, 2020
     

Re: Framework of Kuzma, THT and Schroeder for Westbrook being discussed 

Post#140 » by Marrrcuss » Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:09 pm

Wow. Id save every post to this topic.

It would be the usual. It would go from Westbrook sucks to westbrook carried lebron.

Return to The General Board