Framework of Kuzma, THT and Schroeder for Westbrook being discussed

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

DroseReturnChi
RealGM
And1: 3,142

Re: Framework of Kuzma, THT and Schroeder for Westbrook being discussed 

Post#181 » by DroseReturnChi » Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:55 am

Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:I will laugh my ass off when lebron calls for the ball and westbrook waves him off and points for him to go stand in a corner like WB used to do to Kevin Durant on the Thunder.

And who is going to be the 3rd option, the 3rd banana?

Westbrook? LOLOL i would love to see the fighting for the ball between westbrook and lebron on the court.

So is Anthony Davis going to go from franchise player to 3rd option and be turned into Kevin Love and Chris Bosh???

or is Lebron going to sit back and watch Westbrook or AD win the accolades and have it be their team instead?

i hope this trade goes through. Westbrook will NOT be manipulated by Lebron. He is going to get his stats and touches, and lebron can decide how far he wants to escalate the situation lmao.

westbrook is LB wo the 3. nobody beats father age dont laugh at 2 superstars relying on russ. not funny.
like LB and AD they are on their last legs trying to be all time greats. their whole career is on the line upon Russ.
LB he might be on the bench soon while bronny james and russ are the face of the franchise.
Doncic will be goat. Lauri will be his sidekick.
thebigbird
Head Coach
And1: 19,909

Post#182 » by thebigbird » Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:02 am

picc wrote:
thebigbird wrote:
JellosJigglin wrote:Man, just waiting for the bron era to come to an end. For the first time in my life I lost interest in my team. Westbrick would be the vomit on top of a cow dung patty.

This is why I'll always hate that LeBron went to the Lakers.

The 5 years before LeBron signed:
27-55
21-61
17-65
26-56
35-47

LeBron comes to town, he gets AD to join him, and they win a championship in year 2. Yet the Kobe stans will never accept him. Wish he would've went to literally any other team.

Sincerely and honestly, me too.

Yes, poor Lakers and the championship they just won :noway:

The half decade of irrelevance before LeBron came was the golden age.
LakersSoul
Head Coach
And1: 4,486

Post#183 » by LakersSoul » Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:15 am

LastNameEver wrote:
Read on Twitter

is LeAnkle gonna blame Pelinka when hes flicking cross court passes to Westbrick in the corner ?

I don’t hate it but don’t like it much. I would rather add a shooter and solid point guard over Russ.

I wouldn’t trade THT either.

Add a point guard in FA and add some bigger shot blockers. Just tweaks here and there.

"Westy, LeBron + AD to rule the West.
Return of the King, the Lakers."
picc
RealGM
And1: 17,482

Post#184 » by picc » Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:20 am

thebigbird wrote:
picc wrote:
thebigbird wrote:This is why I'll always hate that LeBron went to the Lakers.

27-55
21-61
17-65
26-56
35-47

LeBron comes to town, he gets AD to join him, and they win a championship in year 2. Yet the Kobe stans will never accept him. Wish he would've went to literally any other team.

Nothing poor about the Lakers. Extremely fortunate franchise. That I would rather have continued without the services of Lebron James.
Tha Cynic
RealGM
And1: 24,387

Post#185 » by Tha Cynic » Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:34 am

Best2EverDoIt wrote:
Tha Cynic wrote:Guess the Lakers are admitting they made a mistake. Lowry is a significantly better basketball player than Westbrook.
That's interesting. Statistics don't seem to back up your statement.

There's a reason why the Bucks went out and spent a fortune on Holiday (Lowry-lite) and the 76ers have been rumoured to go after him every season. They each met Lowry in the playoffs. He's not the type of player you judge based on stats.
Kobe Bryant:You asked for my hustle - I gave you my heart, because it came with so much more."~Kobe #MambaOut
TheHartBreakKid
General Manager
And1: 4,289

Post#186 » by TheHartBreakKid » Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:55 am

picc wrote:
thebigbird wrote:
picc wrote:

Nothing poor about the Lakers. Extremely fortunate franchise. That I would rather have continued without the services of Lebron James.

Lakers have been extremely fortunate no doubt about it. We are a lucky fanbase and I will always be very honest about that.
That said, I can't ever understand how a fellow Lakers fan is complaining because the team's directions doesn't fit your personal opinion. Lord Voldemort can start at the 3 with Mussolini running point and I'll be happy if we are winning.
BallerTalk
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,816

Post#187 » by BallerTalk » Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:14 am

Shock Defeat wrote:Rockets will send them John Wall

Trading in JW [2 yrs @ $45M] for Schroeder [4yrs @ $25M-$30M] just seems like bad math
plus the Lakers don't have any first rounders to grease the wheels until 2027

"Nah, we good." - RS
You checkin' for the sound of the beast
I'm the hound, I'ma creep, I get down, I'ma eat
I'ma keep somethin' to lay a naysayer to sleep
-
DroseReturnChi
RealGM
And1: 3,142

Post#188 » by DroseReturnChi » Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:28 am

LakersSoul wrote:
LastNameEver wrote:
Read on Twitter

is LeAnkle gonna blame Pelinka when hes flicking cross court passes to Westbrick in the corner ?

I don’t hate it but don’t like it much. I would rather add a shooter and solid point guard over Russ.

Add a point guard in FA and add some bigger shot blockers. Just tweaks here and there.

THT is more valuable now but he is a short term stopgap that is overpaid 4/80. you need westbrick when lbj is thinking about riding the bench till 40 and watch his son start on the Lakers. yes westbrick makes 0 sense with prime lebron but he is more of a long term replacement. Also, he only has 2 more yrs he could easily retire a Laker while getting paid MLE.
Doncic will be goat. Lauri will be his sidekick.
Pythagoras
Analyst
And1: 3,282

Post#189 » by Pythagoras » Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:38 am

BallerTalk wrote:

Trading in JW [2 yrs @ $45M] for Schroeder [4yrs @ $25M-$30M] just seems like bad math

"Nah, we good." - RS

Lmao at the Lakers having to send any picks to facilitate a Wall deal.
Numbers rule the universe.
Pythagoras
Analyst

Post#190 » by Pythagoras » Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:40 am

thebigbird wrote:
picc wrote:

27-55
21-61
17-65
26-56
35-47

I love Lebron. Some of the fans that came with him are the ones who have me often rolling my eyes.
picc
RealGM
And1: 17,482

Post#191 » by picc » Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:42 am

TheHartBreakKid wrote:
picc wrote:
thebigbird wrote:Yes, poor Lakers and the championship they just won :noway:

Lakers have been extremely fortunate no doubt about it. We are a lucky fanbase and I will always be very honest about that.
That said, I can't ever understand how a fellow Lakers fan is complaining because the team's directions doesn't fit your personal opinion. Lord Voldemort can start at the 3 with Mussolini running point and I'll be happy if we are winning.

That's great for you. But I wouldn't. Basketball is a fun sport to watch and root for, and I love it, but ultimately, whether the Lakers win or lose the championship has no influence on my personal life whatsoever, nor does it put food on my table or money in my bank account. In addition, the Lakers have won a ton of titles, many that I've gotten to enjoy in my lifetime.

Because of these things, I feel the privilege of preference. I'm glad the Lakers won another title last year. But for a variety of reasons, I intensely dislike everything about Lebron and how he moves, and would have preferred that the franchise continued trying to build without him.
SecondTake
Veteran
And1: 1,493

Post#192 » by SecondTake » Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:05 am

DroseReturnChi wrote:
LakersSoul wrote:
LastNameEver wrote:
Read on Twitter

THT is more valuable now but he is a short term stopgap that is overpaid 4/80. you need westbrick when lbj is thinking about riding the bench till 40 and watch his son start on the Lakers. yes westbrick makes 0 sense with prime lebron but he is more of a long term replacement. Also, he only has 2 more yrs he could easily retire a Laker while getting paid MLE.
Lol wtf man WB is a max level player no way he takes mle

Sent from my SM-G950W using RealGM mobile app
BallerTalk
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,816

Post#193 » by BallerTalk » Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:07 am

Pythagoras wrote:
BallerTalk wrote:

"Nah, we good." - RS

Right? Because teams should be jumping in line to pay Dennis Schröder and Kyle Kuzma $40M+ a year for the next 3-4 seasons.
You checkin' for the sound of the beast
I'm the hound, I'ma creep, I get down, I'ma eat
I'ma keep somethin' to lay a naysayer to sleep
-
ElectricMayhem
RealGM
And1: 11,162

Post#194 » by ElectricMayhem » Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:20 am

All Schroeder has to do is not sign if he doesn't want this to happen. That's why I think this is coming from Kuzma's camp:
Read on Twitter
At the end of the day, it's not about wins and losses. Teamwork, fair play, and good sportsmanship make champions of us all.

Go arbitrary assortment of athletes! Beat the other arbitrary assortment of athletes or my mood will suffer!
Pythagoras
Analyst

Post#195 » by Pythagoras » Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:33 am

BallerTalk wrote:
Pythagoras wrote:
BallerTalk wrote:

"Nah, we good." - RS

Right? Because teams should be jumping in line to pay Dennis Schröder and Kyle Kuzma $40M+ a year for the next 3-4 seasons.

Yes, I’m sure teams will be lining up the first round pick offers for John Wall’s 90 million dollar contract over the next 2 years. You let me know how that works out for you.
Jedi32
Head Coach
And1: 6,282

Post#196 » by Jedi32 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:59 am

thebigbird wrote:
picc wrote:

27-55
21-61
17-65
26-56
35-47

The Lakers are never irrelevant!
wutevahung
Pro Prospect
And1: 665

Post#197 » by wutevahung » Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:59 am

LastNameEver wrote:
Read on Twitter

what an objective and insightful post.
righterwriter
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,536

Post#198 » by righterwriter » Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:06 am

If this happens then you can pretty much guarantee that Beal is traded, likely to GS for Wiggins/#7/#14 and maybe Wiseman if GS caves in.

Schroeder should also be flipped to some team needing veteran help, as I don't think you want that guy on a rebuilding team. i think he can definitely get a late 1st rd pick and an expiring in return.

Wizards retooled have a nice list of players.

Decent vets: Wiggins and Kuzma (both 26 yrs old)
Young guys/assets: THT, Wiseman, Rui, Devi, Thomas Bryant #7, #14, #15, whatever pick they'd get for Schroder

Their only bad contract is Bertans.

This year they try to figure out their identity. Next offseason they have some nice options with Wiggins as an expiring and a ton of cap room.
JN61
RealGM
And1: 9,020

Post#199 » by JN61 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:14 am

Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:I will laugh my ass off when lebron calls for the ball and westbrook waves him off and points for him to go stand in a corner like WB used to do to Kevin Durant on the Thunder.

And who is going to be the 3rd option, the 3rd banana?

Westbrook? LOLOL i would love to see the fighting for the ball between westbrook and lebron on the court.

So is Anthony Davis going to go from franchise player to 3rd option and be turned into Kevin Love and Chris Bosh???

or is Lebron going to sit back and watch Westbrook or AD win the accolades and have it be their team instead?

i hope this trade goes through. Westbrook will NOT be manipulated by Lebron. He is going to get his stats and touches, and lebron can decide how far he wants to escalate the situation lmao.

You mean if LeBron allows other players play their roles. If Russ is allowed to play Pg and his usual role Davis is going to be MVP. Westbrook elevates players around him like James never has done. James only elevates players as long as they stay behind him. Westbrook elevates superstars to some of their best seasons as is evident.
Pennebaker wrote:And Bird did it while being a defensive liability. But he also made All-Defensive teams, which was another controversial issue regarding Bird and votes.
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#200 » by Ballerhogger » Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:23 am

I don’t see this going down to many hurdles to climb

Return to The General Board