Framework of Kuzma, THT and Schroeder for Westbrook being discussed

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Incipio
Freshman
And1: 82

Re: Framework of Kuzma, THT and Schroeder for Westbrook being discussed 

Post#201 » by Incipio » Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:08 am

JN61 wrote:
Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:I will laugh my ass off when lebron calls for the ball and westbrook waves him off and points for him to go stand in a corner like WB used to do to Kevin Durant on the Thunder.

And who is going to be the 3rd option, the 3rd banana?

Westbrook? LOLOL i would love to see the fighting for the ball between westbrook and lebron on the court.

So is Anthony Davis going to go from franchise player to 3rd option and be turned into Kevin Love and Chris Bosh???

or is Lebron going to sit back and watch Westbrook or AD win the accolades and have it be their team instead?

i hope this trade goes through. Westbrook will NOT be manipulated by Lebron. He is going to get his stats and touches, and lebron can decide how far he wants to escalate the situation lmao.

You mean if LeBron allows other players play their roles. If Russ is allowed to play Pg and his usual role Davis is going to be MVP. Westbrook elevates players around him like James never has done. James only elevates players as long as they stay behind him. Westbrook elevates superstars to some of their best seasons as is evident.

Lebron is the best player on any team he's on, so of course other players will play behind him. Westbrook is more of a B/C tier player, so of course he will play behind the A tier player.
donnieme
Head Coach
And1: 7,166

Post#202 » by donnieme » Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:21 am

Edrees wrote:
whatisacenter wrote:
kbitboc wrote:
If the Lakers really need shooting, then they should go after Marc Gasol.

/quote]

I agree that Lakers need shooting, I only disagree with the idea that the Lakers need Dwight Howard as it kills our spacing when he's out there. Marc Gasol is a good fit and didn't play nearly enough.

I never felt like Dwight killed your spacing like Drummond/Mcgee. It wasn't great spacing but he actually had braincells unlike the others and knew how to be a threat in the dunker's spot. Combined with being a vertical lob threat teams always put a body to wrestle him, then combine being able to step out without getting abused by smaller guards he couldn't have been any worse than your centers were in the first round. Athleticism and instincts were key to guarding those Booker/ Ayton PnRs and no one could tick those boxes besides AD. Giannis and Portis had that on check for the Bucks. Think teams should have an athletic option at the 5, too many playoff teams have tools to abuse slow 5s.
DroseReturnChi
RealGM
And1: 3,142

Post#203 » by DroseReturnChi » Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:04 am

Incipio wrote:
Lebron is the best player on any team he's on, so of course other players will play behind him. Westbrook is more of a B/C tier player, so of course he will play behind the A tier player.

Being the best player is meaningless if your injury prone and not contributing over half the rs. KL,Lebron, CP3 these guys are all barely available in playoffs. Westbrook is B tier but he is the most durable guy in history he wont break down for another 5 yrs.
At least AD is young I could see westy elevating him to MVP while lebron rides on the bench for load mgt.
Doncic will be goat. Lauri will be his sidekick.
othawhitemeat
Veteran
And1: 757

Post#204 » by othawhitemeat » Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:11 am

I'm sure that after Lakers get Paul or Westbrick, they will still feel short on elite talent help. Maybe they cansign Kawhi for the full MLE and since he will start off injured, maybe some team will feel sorry for them such as a Pistons and do 1st round pick swaps so they can get someone like Cade or Mobley to provide depth. I hope that will be enough for Lebron and Lakers since he always complains about noy habing enough. I hope for the Lakers too since they always get screwed of getting enough talent.
donnieme
Head Coach
And1: 7,166

Post#205 » by donnieme » Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:17 am

JN61 wrote:
Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:I will laugh my ass off when lebron calls for the ball and westbrook waves him off and points for him to go stand in a corner like WB used to do to Kevin Durant on the Thunder.

And who is going to be the 3rd option, the 3rd banana?

Westbrook? LOLOL i would love to see the fighting for the ball between westbrook and lebron on the court.

So is Anthony Davis going to go from franchise player to 3rd option and be turned into Kevin Love and Chris Bosh???

or is Lebron going to sit back and watch Westbrook or AD win the accolades and have it be their team instead?

i hope this trade goes through. Westbrook will NOT be manipulated by Lebron. He is going to get his stats and touches, and lebron can decide how far he wants to escalate the situation lmao.

You mean if LeBron allows other players play their roles. If Russ is allowed to play Pg and his usual role Davis is going to be MVP. Westbrook elevates players around him like James never has done. James only elevates players as long as they stay behind him. Westbrook elevates superstars to some of their best seasons as is evident.

The irony here is Westbrook has had 2 messy divorces because of the ball dominant megalomania you described. It doesn't need to be said but why would any setup aimed at functionality have Westbrook controlling offense over Lebron? It didn't even work with KD, the ideal fit for balldominant players and it didn't work with Harden. Unfortunately Westbrook only knows one role and it isn't championship level. The fact that he has no value as a secondary ballhandler is why his teams will remain capped. This is a player who has now bombed beside 3 MVP candidates. Lakers FO considering this would show they don't know what they're doing.

I've rooted for nearly all of Westbrook's teams and I'm so over thinking his play is conducive to winning a title. Not knowing how to run 4v3 when Harden was getting trapped at halfcourt was the final straw.
PistolPeteJR
RealGM
And1: 9,224

Post#206 » by PistolPeteJR » Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:50 pm

Best2EverDoIt wrote:
PistolPeteJR wrote:
Best2EverDoIt wrote:NO!!!!!! No. I want to be able to continue to root for Russ and I won't be able to if he's a Laker. Lakers fans don't even deserve him. Acting like they don't want him. He's would be the best point guard your team has had this century.

Pretty sure LeBron was the better point guard.
Pretty sure LeBron isn't a point guard. And even when he does play the point he's not a better distributor and playmaker than Westbrook. Better overall player? Sure. Point guard? Hard no.

You should go back and revisit the Lakers' 2020 season.
KyRo23
Lead Assistant
And1: 11,677

Post#207 » by KyRo23 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:58 pm

DroseReturnChi wrote:
Incipio wrote:

Being the best player is meaningless if your injury prone and not contributing over half the rs. KL,Lebron, CP3 these guys are all barely available in playoffs. Westbrook is B tier but he is the most durable guy in history he wont break down for another 5 yrs.
At least AD is young I could see westy elevating him to MVP while lebron rides on the bench for load mgt.

Did you start watching basketball 4 months ago? You really called LeBron injury prone and barely available in the playoffs? LeBron has never missed a playoff game btw. He had a freak injury last season where a player dove into his ankle. Injury prone? Lmfaoooooo
MostValQuitter
Junior
And1: 218

Post#208 » by MostValQuitter » Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:53 pm

It's still not happening for obvious reasons.
TheHartBreakKid
General Manager
And1: 4,277

Post#209 » by TheHartBreakKid » Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:22 pm

picc wrote:
TheHartBreakKid wrote:
picc wrote:
Nothing poor about the Lakers. Extremely fortunate franchise. That I would rather have continued without the services of Lebron James.

Lakers have been extremely fortunate no doubt about it. We are a lucky fanbase and I will always be very honest about that.
That said, I can't ever understand how a fellow Lakers fan is complaining because the team's directions doesn't fit your personal opinion. Lord Voldemort can start at the 3 with Mussolini running point and I'll be happy if we are winning.

That's great for you. But I wouldn't. Basketball is a fun sport to watch and root for, and I love it, but ultimately, whether the Lakers win or lose the championship has no influence on my personal life whatsoever, nor does it put food on my table or money in my bank account. In addition, the Lakers have won a ton of titles, many that I've gotten to enjoy in my lifetime.

Because of these things, I feel the privilege of preference. I'm glad the Lakers won another title last year. But for a variety of reasons, I intensely dislike everything about Lebron and how he moves, and would have preferred that the franchise continued trying to build without him.

I understand. No sarcasm. To each his own
SF_Warriors
General Manager
And1: 3,794

Post#210 » by SF_Warriors » Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:01 am

Harry Garris wrote:
SF_Warriors wrote:
Harry Garris wrote:
That's a little disengenious. The Bucks played with 4 shooters on the floor at all times so they didn't lack spacing at all. The reason they dominated inside was not because they are bucking modern trends, they could do it because they had Giannis. Westbrook is not Giannis and his lack of shooting ability as a perimeter player creates challenges for building an offense around him.

Did they play with four shooters at all times though? Tucker averaged 31mpg in the Finals and he attempted one three a game. He is most certainly not a shooter. But what they did have that allowed them to play big was a three point shooting center who can also score inside and wasnt a liability on defense. Those type of guys are still VERY hard to come by even in this era.

PJ Tucker counts as a shooter because the Suns guarded him as if he was one. The point of having shooters is not necessarily for them to take a ton of shots, it's to space the floor. The Suns guarded Tucker even when he was just standing in the corner so he was doing his job as a floor spacer even without taking a shot.

The reality is tucker is not a proficient shooter by any stretch of the imagination. Who in their right mind would consider him a shooter?

Return to The General Board