New direction Bulls. do you bullieve? (August thread : have you changed your mind?)

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Do you believe Bulls are on the right track?

Yes. I love the new management moves so far.
22%
Kinda.it was hard to turn that roster around, but they made team competitive again.
33%
Not really. team acquired a bunch of paper stars and seem content with treadmill.
41%
No. they got rid of high potential guys / picks, and look even less promising than before.
4%

Total votes: 249

meekrab
RealGM
And1: 8,928

Re: New direction Bulls. do you bullieve? 

Post#141 » by meekrab » Wed Oct 6, 2021 4:58 pm

Knightfall wrote:
meekrab wrote:
Knightfall wrote:Bulls beat bet is to hope that Philly can hold out till Dec and try to make a trade for Simmons centered around Ball, William's, cap space and picks. Because that three something they have is not impressing no M one. As a Bulls fan, I'm disgusted by the last 5 years of this team's moves, mismanagement and lack of player development.

As a Bulls fan, I'm taking Lonzo and Patrick and draft picks 100% of the time over whiny diva Call of Duty player Simmons.

And support for that crap is why Reinsdorf knows he can puts a crappy product on the floor and people would go to Bulls games. Which he loves because he gets to take that money and find the White Sox. Which are his baby.

Well, I watched the game last night and if that's the kind of "crappy product" we're getting while missing 4 rotation players, I'm pretty happy about it. :nod:
Knightfall
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,047

Post#142 » by Knightfall » Wed Oct 6, 2021 7:22 pm

meekrab wrote:
Knightfall wrote:
meekrab wrote:As a Bulls fan, I'm taking Lonzo and Patrick and draft picks 100% of the time over whiny diva Call of Duty player Simmons.

And support for that crap is why Reinsdorf knows he can puts a crappy product on the floor and people would go to Bulls games. Which he loves because he gets to take that money and find the White Sox. Which are his baby.

Well, I watched the game last night and if that's the kind of "crappy product" we're getting while missing 4 rotation players, I'm pretty happy about it. :nod:

Uh oh. Get the champagne on ice and break out the crystal glasses. Get the parade floats ready. That pre season championship ready banners are ready to be lifted to the rafters as Bulls beat the Cavs in a pre season game. Yes, you heard that right ladies and gentlemen, not regular season game, not a play in, no not a playoff game, pre season! Yes!!!! It's time for the mighty to celebrate. Lol

I have this thread saved, if I'm wrong so be it. Prove me wrong after the season and this team is one of the legit playoff teams, not the ceiling I said of a play in tournament. And it they're passed 8 lol. People really going to celebrate a 10th place finish? Haha I can't wait to see that.
Lolo
Sixth Man
And1: 661

Post#143 » by Lolo » Wed Oct 6, 2021 7:35 pm

Knightfall wrote:
meekrab wrote:
Knightfall wrote:

Uh oh. Get the champagne on ice and break out the crystal glasses. Get the parade floats ready. That pre season championship ready banners are ready to be lifted to the rafters as Bulls beat the Cavs in a pre season game. Yes, you heard that right ladies and gentlemen, not regular season game, not a play in, no not a playoff game, pre season! Yes!!!! It's time for the mighty to celebrate. Lol

I have this thread saved, if I'm wrong so be it. Prove me wrong after the season and this team is one of the legit playoff teams, not the ceiling I said of a play in tournament. And it they're passed 8 lol. People really going to celebrate a 10th place finish? Haha I can't wait to see that.

Who peed in your Cheerios?? All Meek said was that the Bulls don't have a crappy product. Which they don't. They have a lot of good pieces, and if they gel, there is some potential there. You sure did use a lot of word to say a whole lot of nothing. No one is celebrating anything. Reading comprehension is hard, apparently.

Also, Simmons isn't a guy who is going to lead anyone anywhere. He's a selfish man child who doesn't give 2 licks about actually playing ball. Why give up a +defender who actually works on improving his game, a really good prospect and draft picks for a guy who hasn't improved in 3 years. That's a head scratcher. There's a reason Philly hasn't traded him yet.
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,775

Post#144 » by Ayt » Wed Oct 6, 2021 8:37 pm

RoyceDa59 wrote:I’m a believer of the new look Bulls and management.

The only thing they’re missing, which is the hardest to acquire and most important piece to any true contender, is a superstar.

Im also a little worried about their defence. But I do expect them to battle for the 3rd seed in the East after the Bucks and Nets.

Their over/under is 42.5. Might want to jump on that.
Knightfall
Bench Warmer

Post#145 » by Knightfall » Wed Oct 6, 2021 10:28 pm

Yeah. I can see why to get excited in the pre season the Bulls beat the Cavs. I wouldn't say that's the kind of victory celebrating that needs to pull up a thread. Be excited, sure. I'm more impressed with Caruso then anything else. But I'm not out here creating threada and bumping for that. If anything it shows how slowly and poor the Bulls have been the last few years that this is what our fanbase is excited about. No championship window in site and a shot at the play on tournament. Just peaches and cream here. Haha
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,781

Post#146 » by UcanUwill » Sun Jan 2, 2022 12:49 pm

January 2 update : first in the East.
coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 35,308

Post#147 » by coldfish » Sun Jan 2, 2022 12:52 pm

Knightfall wrote:
Dez wrote:
Knightfall wrote:

They're not better then any of the following teams.

BK
Philly
Milwaukee
Atlanta
NY
Miami

Hello 7th - 10th seeds aka play in teams and teams they may not be better then.
Boston
Indiana
Washington
Toronto (if they're at home this season)
Charlotte.
That is the realistic group that is this teams high standard for the season. That's 11 teams 6 for sure better, 5 of which 3 will most likely be better. But hey, again. When the season ends and if the Bulls are lucky enough that their 3 something gets them to the play in. They hit their ceiling. That may up some trade value for some of these 2nd and 3rd options. To get a real 1st option. I mean, I know you're betting high on the lesser Ball brother. Especially thinking he's better then Ben simmons. Now that is flat out ridiculous.

You don't know whether or not they're better or worse than those teams given they haven't played together yet.

A little delusional here? Ok you're right. They're better then Brooklyn. Hello NBA title in Chicago again. I will bookmark this thread and we will discuss this at the end of the season. Well see if the Bulls finish above 7th seed. Aka they play in tournament aka the your forced not to tank the end of the year competition.

Still have this thread bookmarked? Because wow, crows are running scared from this one.
RSP83
Head Coach
And1: 3,918

Re: New direction Bulls. do you bullieve? (August thread : have you changed your mind?) 

Post#148 » by RSP83 » Sun Jan 2, 2022 3:06 pm

55% onboard with Bulls moves. I'm among the 21% who voted for Yes. However, I'd be lying if I believed the Bulls would top the East. But I knew they're going to be good, Top 4 seed team in the East.

Seems like there's quite a lot of Nick Friedell and Tim Bontemps in this thread :D

I never understood the Defense worries that many people made a fuss about. The Bulls was 12th on DRTG last year
with less than impressive personnel defensively. How is adding Caruso, Lonzo Ball, Derrick Jones Jr., and Tony Bradley make the team worse defensively? Never made sense.
KembaWalker
General Manager
And1: 10,673

Post#149 » by KembaWalker » Sun Jan 2, 2022 3:14 pm

KembaWalker wrote:the ExpendaBulls? big names that nobody believes in anymore
i don't see any reason why they couldnt do what the Hawks did last year. they have a ridiculous amount of talent the east has a bunch of teams with either major injury concern or gaping roster holes. a good coach can find a mismatch against most of the teams in the league with the breadth of their talent. should be Lavine going off most nights and then depending on what the other team wants to give up any given night DeRozan or Vuc is the 2nd and the rest of the guys fill in the gaps
I like it a lot on paper but it will take a masterful coaching performance to get the most out of a team like that and get the guys to buy in. i can see why their fans are excited

I still like the expendabulls nickname
These guys can be sitting at the top of the conference and people still disrespect them

Also love dodging crow dinner
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,397

Re: New direction Bulls. do you bullieve? (August thread : have you changed your mind?) 

Post#150 » by JRoy » Sun Jan 2, 2022 3:27 pm

I didn’t believe and they look very tough.
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
Sakkreth
Starter
And1: 3,404

Post#151 » by Sakkreth » Sun Jan 2, 2022 3:41 pm

I voted Kinda, but I was wrong. It's insane how fast the new front office turned the franchise around. AK is basically locked for the executive of the year. People questioned his decisions, but the fact is, he just knows better than just about anyone and doesn't care about outside comments or pressure.
HoopsterJones
RealGM
And1: 13,363

Post#152 » by HoopsterJones » Sun Jan 2, 2022 4:00 pm

As a Bulls fan I was cautiously optimistic. I believed they’d make the playoffs as the 5th or 6th seed (see sig). They’ve exceeded my expectations so far. Still a lot games to go though, but things are looking good.
2023-2024 Bulls Prediction:

Regular Season: 40-42
0 All Stars:
Knightfall
Bench Warmer

Post#153 » by Knightfall » Mon Jan 3, 2022 1:04 am

coldfish wrote:
Knightfall wrote:
Dez wrote:
You don't know whether or not they're better or worse than those teams given they haven't played together yet.

A little delusional here? Ok you're right. They're better then Brooklyn. Hello NBA title in Chicago again. I will bookmark this thread and we will discuss this at the end of the season. Well see if the Bulls finish above 7th seed. Aka they play in tournament aka the your forced not to tank the end of the year competition.

Still have this thread bookmarked? Because wow, crows are running scared from this one.

Yes I do. Im just waiting for the end of the season to respond to this thread. I will say though, so far by looking at the menu I'll be having my crow roasted with extra salt and pepper. But I'm not done looking yet. Haha
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#154 » by Ballerhogger » Mon Jan 3, 2022 1:19 am

The bulls has taken the league by storm nobody thought they would be first in the east . Older DeMar ,didn’t see Lonzo shooting improve this much
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,975

Post#155 » by zimpy27 » Mon Jan 3, 2022 1:26 am

Probably worth bumping threads like this until at least after the ASB. Early bumps can lead to unnecessary egg on face
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
cool007
RealGM
And1: 3,104

Post#156 » by cool007 » Mon Jan 3, 2022 2:11 am

Yeah even as a Bulls fan, I hate people bumping this old threads.

Just let it go man. This will make Bulls fans look bad - even though I bet Bulls fans not bumping these.

Return to The General Board