Gordon re-signs with the nuggets !

Moderators: jamaalstar21, -Sammy-, infinite11285, ken6199, Domejandro, bwgood77, Dirk, zimpy27, KingDavid

C_Money
RealGM
And1: 19,792

Re: Gordon re-signs with the nuggets ! 

Post#41 » by C_Money » Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:50 pm

LOL pretty much ensures they’re a mediocre team for the next 4 years.
jamaalstar21
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 9,003

Post#42 » by jamaalstar21 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:51 pm

BelgradeNugget wrote:People don't realize what is the real worth of AG for the Nuggets. Nuggets have 3 great efficient scorers in Jokic, Murray and MPJ. Yes when Murray went down, Barton was injured and MPJ tweaked his back in POs AG couldn't become 2nd scoring option after Jokic. We don't need him for that. Offensively he is 10-12 pts scorer not 4th but 5th option after Barton. It is his fit with MPJ defensively that have more value for the Nuggets than for any other team. MPJ is not good wing defender, chasing players around screens ect. But he is much better as PF with help defense, rim protection and rebounding. MPJ also can't guard AD or Randle. AG can cover for all that. His defensive versatility is his worth. Can guard 1-4 effectively and protect MPJ defensively. That is something that Grant never could do. AG is also satisfied with his role which is also very important for the Nuggets to contend (similar to Iggy for GS)

Yeah 20m/season for a guy that will be your best defender and not be an offensive liability (his shooting is fine, he finishes well off of 2 feet, and he's capable handling the ball) is a pretty decent price.

It's pretty stupid imo that people can only fathom salary based on where someone fits into an offensive hierarchy. Aaron Gordon, at his offensive peak, was the 3rd best offensive player (or maybe co-second) on a bottom 10 offense. Him going to Denver and being a 12ppg scorer who gets to focus on his strengths is ideal for him and I think he brings 20m/year value in that role. Denver is about to get expensive, but this is the best time to be expensive for them: they're title contenders at full strength.
art_tatum
Starter
And1: 2,041

Post#43 » by art_tatum » Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:57 pm

How they gonna pay bolbol when be breaks out into mvp?
BelgradeNugget
Pro Prospect
And1: 844

Post#44 » by BelgradeNugget » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:00 pm

Read on Twitter
?
jamaalstar21
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 9,003

Post#45 » by jamaalstar21 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:05 pm

BelgradeNugget wrote:
jamaalstar21 wrote:Gordon, or at least the type of player Gordon is, is crucial to have when building around Jokic. It feels like a slight overpay, but they're getting all his prime years for this, his age 26-30 seasons. I think people have forgotten how young Gordon is.

Gordon didn't impress last season or in the playoffs, but before the Murray injury, that starting lineup was absolutely obliterating everyone. Gordon is a multi-positional defender with enough strength to defend every kind of forward. The Nuggets would have gotten beaten by the Clippers 2 years ago without Jerami Grant. Aaron Gordon fills the massive hole left by him. I think Gordon has some potential Jokic synergy that they didn't quite have time to tap into last year.

I like the deal, because I think the Nuggets, with Jokic/Murray/MPJ/Gordon, have a legit title window. If they can add 1 more perimeter defender, this is a pretty perfectly built team imo.

They already have PJ Dozier who is among the best perimeter defenders by majority of advanced stats and eye test.

Yeah I'd like Dozier more if he could shoot or contribute something on offense. I've seen him have good games and bad. He looks like a low-skill small forward but his weight/strength makes him more of a 2. (Wasn't he kind of a playmaking combo guard in college?). He's got long arms, but also a long neck that makes him taller than he plays. I don't quite buy him yet as a definite NBA rotation guy. If he takes a step forward as a shooter, I could see him as that 5th starter.
Doranku
Rookie
And1: 1,967

Post#46 » by Doranku » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:08 pm

The way some of you talk about AG's defense, you'd think he'd be a perennial DPOY contender. Man hasn't even sniffed an all-defensive team. If you're banking on Aaron Gordon to anchor your defense on a team full of bad defenders, you're in trouble.
Ryoga Hibiki
Head Coach
And1: 2,377

Post#47 » by Ryoga Hibiki » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:09 pm

Zombiesonics wrote:i’m surprised at the amount and the player option. Marcus smart just got 4/77 and he is a better player, playing on a good team similarly to AG.
they both got a max extension

Sent from my Nokia 3210 using RealGM mobile app
John Murdoch
Head Coach
And1: 5,111

Post#48 » by John Murdoch » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:11 pm

Dam he got paid but i get from an assett management standpoint
Magic#1 wrote:We have won two playoff games in two years. If we decide to keep this team for the next two years, maybe it will feel like we won a series.

nomansland
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,274

Post#49 » by nomansland » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:11 pm

kenwood3333 wrote:And they let Jerami Grant walk for 60m/3 yr.

No, he left for Detroit for the same amount of money because he didn't want to be a 4th option on offense.
Ryoga Hibiki
Head Coach
And1: 2,377

Post#50 » by Ryoga Hibiki » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:16 pm

Wow, what a series of dumb takes here, someone really is not getting what's the market for wings + the cap will increase with the new TV deal
Well, saving this thread to bump it in the future.

Sent from my Nokia 3210 using RealGM mobile app
BelgradeNugget
Pro Prospect

Post#51 » by BelgradeNugget » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:24 pm

jamaalstar21 wrote:
BelgradeNugget wrote:
jamaalstar21 wrote:Gordon, or at least the type of player Gordon is, is crucial to have when building around Jokic. It feels like a slight overpay, but they're getting all his prime years for this, his age 26-30 seasons. I think people have forgotten how young Gordon is.

Gordon didn't impress last season or in the playoffs, but before the Murray injury, that starting lineup was absolutely obliterating everyone. Gordon is a multi-positional defender with enough strength to defend every kind of forward. The Nuggets would have gotten beaten by the Clippers 2 years ago without Jerami Grant. Aaron Gordon fills the massive hole left by him. I think Gordon has some potential Jokic synergy that they didn't quite have time to tap into last year.

I like the deal, because I think the Nuggets, with Jokic/Murray/MPJ/Gordon, have a legit title window. If they can add 1 more perimeter defender, this is a pretty perfectly built team imo.

They already have PJ Dozier who is among the best perimeter defenders by majority of advanced stats and eye test.

Yeah I'd like Dozier more if he could shoot or contribute something on offense. I've seen him have good games and bad. He looks like a low-skill small forward but his weight/strength makes him more of a 2. (Wasn't he kind of a playmaking combo guard in college?). He's got long arms, but also a long neck that makes him taller than he plays. I don't quite buy him yet as a definite NBA rotation guy. If he takes a step forward as a shooter, I could see him as that 5th starter.

On offense he was PG averaging 21.4/7.6/7.7 in G-league 2 years ago. Can handle a ball as secondary ballhandler, can cut and has good synergy with Jokic. He was shooting 45.7/39.2/60.5 pre all-star and 39.5/27.6/67.9 post all-star when he had lot of injuries. If he can shoot on the level he was pre all-star, he can be a missing link, if not then he may not be definite NBA rotation guy.
Jadoogar
General Manager
And1: 7,022

Post#52 » by Jadoogar » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:26 pm

How are they going to afford Murray,'s max Jokic's max, Gordon's 24M and the likely huge extension for MPJ?
BelgradeNugget
Pro Prospect

Post#53 » by BelgradeNugget » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:31 pm

Funny thing here is I don't know are the Lakers fans more happy with Denver 'overpaying for AG that don't bring anything to the court' or the Nuggets funs are more happy with Lakers trading for Westbrook. Anyway we are all happy.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 61,080

Post#54 » by clyde21 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:40 pm

i like Gordon, just don't really see what his role his next to Jokic/MPJ if he's not gonna be the glue guy/defensive guy, there is pretty 0 rim protection right now between the 3 of them, so not sure what the plan is here.
#VivaPalestina#VivaColumbia#VivaNaija

Pronouns: Epstein/Didnt/Kill/Himself

Team #Steph#Zion#Mobley
BelgradeNugget
Pro Prospect

Post#55 » by BelgradeNugget » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:45 pm

clyde21 wrote:i like Gordon, just don't really see what his role his next to Jokic/MPJ if he's not gonna be the glue guy/defensive guy, there is pretty 0 rim protection right now between the 3 of them, so not sure what the plan is here.

This is the plan
Read on Twitter
?s=20[quote="OrlMagic05"]
Sharkboy242
Sixth Man
And1: 2,065

Post#56 » by Sharkboy242 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:47 pm

Jadoogar wrote:How are they going to afford Murray,'s max Jokic's max, Gordon's 24M and the likely huge extension for MPJ?

Read on Twitter
?s=20
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,044

Post#57 » by THE J0KER » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:50 pm

The new Will Barton deal is awful, or for example when Nuggets used $30M team-option for washed Millsap, or when they sign a 42/3 extension with backup center Plumlee despite he can't play more than 10 minutes behind Jokic in the playoff and when the center position was on the historic low value on NBA market... These contracts are bad contracts, this contract is just classic overpay, but not so bad deal considering how good Gordon suits next to Jokic and Porter.

But if this extension will be one of the reasons why Nuggets will not sign the MPJ max deal this month, this deal should be counted as awful!
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 10,564

Post#58 » by Ballerhogger » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:55 pm

C_Money wrote:LOL pretty much ensures they’re a mediocre team for the next 4 years.

eh ensures they core for a while.
Ballerhogger
RealGM

Post#59 » by Ballerhogger » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:55 pm

THE J0KER wrote:The new Will Barton deal is awful, or for example when Nuggets used $30M team-option for washed Millsap, or when they sign a 42/3 extension with backup center Plumlee despite he can't play more than 10 minutes behind Jokic in the playoff and when the center position was on the historic low value on NBA market... These contracts are bad contracts, this contract is just classic overpay, but not so bad deal considering how good Gordon suits next to Jokic and Porter.

But if this extension will be one of the reasons why Nuggets will not sign the MPJ max deal this month, this deal should be counted as awful!

oh yea! MPJ hmm hes gotta stay healthy but hes about to get paid.
Ballerhogger
RealGM

Post#60 » by Ballerhogger » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:56 pm

Sharkboy242 wrote:
Jadoogar wrote:How are they going to afford Murray,'s max Jokic's max, Gordon's 24M and the likely huge extension for MPJ?

Read on Twitter
?s=20

so thats the team and they take thier name out next few FA . 2022 looking pretty bad so thats ok

Return to The General Board