Frank Ntilikina heading to Mavs

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,100

Re: Frank Ntilikina heading to Mavs 

Post#101 » by 3toheadmelo » Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:09 pm

walaysapi wrote:
GOATTatum wrote:
Pinkyring wrote:Who's demanded a trade to the heat or Knicks in the last decade?

I'm predicting Luka and Zion will be demanding a trade in a few years, probably to one of those teams, respectively. My guess is Luka with the Lakers and Zion with the Knicks or Heat.

Actually, it's Tatum who's gonna demand for a trade and he will want to be a Mavs. He did say that the Mavs is the team he wants to play outside of of Boston :D

He’s ours!
Read on Twitter
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
The Lamma
Veteran
And1: 5,224

Post#102 » by The Lamma » Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:32 pm

The Maverknicks

GOATTatum
Junior
And1: 551

Post#103 » by GOATTatum » Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:33 pm

walaysapi wrote:
GOATTatum wrote:
Pinkyring wrote:Who's demanded a trade to the heat or Knicks in the last decade?

I'm predicting Luka and Zion will be demanding a trade in a few years, probably to one of those teams, respectively. My guess is Luka with the Lakers and Zion with the Knicks or Heat.

Actually, it's Tatum who's gonna demand for a trade and he will want to be a Mavs. He did say that the Mavs is the team he wants to play outside of of Boston :D

Nah Tatum is a Celtic for life. Mavs can keep dreaming. Lol
iCallBankshot
Sophomore
And1: 95

Post#104 » by iCallBankshot » Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:28 pm

Blacksheep25 wrote:
iCallBankshot wrote:
Blacksheep25 wrote:How much help does Luka need? Already has the unicorn Porzingas. Now adding a freak with a 7’1 wingspan who was the Under 18 FIBA Championship MVP. If Luka doesn’t win now with an international super team what can you say? Even if he does I think I’m readying an asterisk.

Lmao.

Right.

How much help does Maxi Kleber need? SMH.

I just assumed when I had to reach to an Under 18 FIBA MVP award looking for a single accomplishment, that the sarcasm font wasn’t necessary. Nikita as super team 3rd weapon was a joke at the expense of the asterisk and everything is a super team crowd. My bad. I guess prima facie absurd might be actually someone’s opinion at this point.

How do you make a joke? I laugh and pile on it. Then you retract it while saying you made it by accident and use a nonsensical explanation?

I'm sure you're fun at parties. :crazy:
iCallBankshot
Sophomore
And1: 95

Post#105 » by iCallBankshot » Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:31 pm

jamaalstar21 wrote:Delon Wright didn't fit with Luka and neither did Josh Richardson. Frankie is a poor man's version of those two guys. I like the idea of a defensive guard next to Luka, but so far in his career the guys who work out well with Luka are the aggressive shot takers. Not a lot of room for indecision in Luka ball.

I root for Frankie Smokes, but I also rooted for Wright and Richardson. So can't say I love the fit here.

Frank a better passer than both, and younger. Man, y'all cast anybody as washed who doesn't come into the league Donavan, Luka, or Tatum. Players have different development trajectory and I think a defensive-minded, team-player, pass-first, long-wingspan'd, potential knockdown shooter like Frank, is ultimately a winner player. Reminder: HE WAS THE YOUNGEST IN HIS DRAFT CLASS.
cupcakesnake
Senior Mod- WNBA
Senior Mod- WNBA
And1: 24,261

Post#106 » by cupcakesnake » Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:27 am

iCallBankshot wrote:
jamaalstar21 wrote:Delon Wright didn't fit with Luka and neither did Josh Richardson. Frankie is a poor man's version of those two guys. I like the idea of a defensive guard next to Luka, but so far in his career the guys who work out well with Luka are the aggressive shot takers. Not a lot of room for indecision in Luka ball.

I root for Frankie Smokes, but I also rooted for Wright and Richardson. So can't say I love the fit here.

Frank a better passer than both, and younger. Man, y'all cast anybody as washed who doesn't come into the league Donavan, Luka, or Tatum. Players have different development trajectory and I think a defensive-minded, team-player, pass-first, long-wingspan'd, potential knockdown shooter like Frank, is ultimately a winner player. Reminder: HE WAS THE YOUNGEST IN HIS DRAFT CLASS.

I like Frank. I think if he figures out how to make enough offensive impact to stay on the floor, he'll be a great rotation piece somewhere. But the lack of offensive development is troubling. His strides a shooter and ballhandler haven't provided a strong indication he'll ever get there. He's 23 now. I still root for him to do it though reasonable optimism is starting to fade a bit. For most players, we see stronger indications by this point.

If you think Frank is a better passer than Delon Wright, I don't think you've watched much Delon. I think Frank has some nice promise as a passer, but he's not on Delon's level right now and I don't see what the argument could be there.
"Being in my home. I was watching pokemon for 5 hours."

Co-hosting with Harry Garris at The Underhand Freethrow Podcast
Curmudgeon
RealGM
And1: 21,786

Post#107 » by Curmudgeon » Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:27 am

Frank became the poster boy for Phil Jackson's failure as a GM. If Ntilikina had a coach who believed in him, he might blossom.
"Numbers lie alot. Wins and losses don't lie." - Jerry West
"You are what your record says you are."- Bill Parcells
"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit
Apz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,982

Post#108 » by Apz » Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:31 am

Only thing frank need to do to already be better then delon in mavs is shoot when he get an open 3. Its that simple really. I wanted to cross the pond to bitchslap delon atleast twice each game due that only. Such an annoying player. Hear rumour that frank only had camp contract, anyone know if thats true?
LAL1947
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,620

Post#109 » by LAL1947 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:31 am

The Lamma wrote:The Maverknicks

Meh. The Knickericks has a better ring to it... and it's funnier, cos knickers. :lol:
walaysapi
Freshman
And1: 69

Post#110 » by walaysapi » Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:40 am

GOATTatum wrote:
walaysapi wrote:
GOATTatum wrote:

You know it's only a matter of time :wink:
Shut it down! Let's go home!!!
God Squad
RealGM
And1: 10,165

Post#111 » by God Squad » Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:52 am

walaysapi wrote:
GOATTatum wrote:
walaysapi wrote:

You know it's only a matter of time :wink:

I do think it's possible it's a matter of time judging from previous "stars". But I'm not sure Dallas is the spot. They can't even build a team around Luka and blew their load on Porzingis.
matt6715
Veteran
And1: 2,797

Post#112 » by matt6715 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:19 pm

Apz wrote:Only thing frank need to do to already be better then delon in mavs is shoot when he get an open 3. Its that simple really. I wanted to cross the pond to bitchslap delon atleast twice each game due that only. Such an annoying player. Hear rumour that frank only had camp contract, anyone know if thats true?

2 year deal, second year unguaranteed (essentially a team option for year 2)

So somebody is going to get cut/traded by the end of camp

Return to The General Board