NBA protocols/Covid/Vaccine - Discussion thread

Moderators: jamaalstar21, Harry Garris, Dirk, ken6199, infinite11285, Domejandro, bwgood77, bisme37, zimpy27, KingDavid

User avatar
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 57,813
And1: 17,628
Joined: Jul 16, 2006
Location: Parts Unknown
 

Re: NBA protocols/Covid/Vaccine - Discussion thread 

Post#1561 » by FNQ » Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:56 pm

Zenzibar wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:
ZB9 wrote:
Those are vaccines that actually provide immunity, and they have been vetted and researched for many decades.

These covid vaccines available in the US are still experiments. None available in the US have even been FDA approved.

The vaccines themselves pose a higher risk to kids than the covid virus itself.

CDC numbers reported that among children 5-17 who had COVID-19, there was 1 death per 174,803 cases.

Pfizer & Moderna trials w/ children showed 1 death per 1,000 vaccinated.

So, California is actually mandating a vaccine w/ a mortality rate 174x higher than the virus.

It's not about "following the science", not at all.

https://www.wellnessdoc.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/Evidence-based-information-for-parents-on-the-risk-for-children-of-COVID-19-vs.-the-risk-of-the-vaccines.pdf?fbclid=IwAR0wJoZl40WJUDoH4gDb4G_OiehXuW_fV_YCTXmJApFo8kSqAOe0dqfkoLs


"These covid vaccines available in the US are still experiments. None available in the US have even been FDA approved."

An out and out lie.

"The vaccines themselves pose a higher risk to kids than the covid virus itself."

Another lie.

In fact, your whole post is trash. The figures you claim, apparantly from some random tweet in response to California's announcement, is debunked here.
https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2021/oct/07/tweets/cdc-does-not-show-higher-death-rate-vaccines-covid/

It's nonsense. The federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has not reported data for children showing a higher death rate from COVID-19 vaccines than from COVID-19.

There is no clear evidence that COVID-19 vaccines have caused any deaths in the U.S., according to the CDC.


That line difies logic and why the vaccination resistance is growing due to falsification or subjugation of facts.

For example.

https://childrenshealthdefense.org/defender/vaers-cdc-serious-injuries-deaths-covid-vaccines/

Reports of Serious Injuries After COVID Vaccines Near 112,000, as Pfizer Asks FDA to Green Light Shots for Kids 5 to 11

VAERS data released Friday by the CDC included a total of 778,685 reports of adverse events from all age groups following COVID vaccines, including 16,310 deaths and 111,921 serious injuries between Dec. 14, 2020 and Oct. 1, 2021.

By
Megan Redshaw

Every Friday, VAERS makes public all vaccine injury reports received as of a specified date, usually about a week prior to the release date.
The Defender is experiencing censorship on many social channels. Be sure to stay in touch with the news that matters by subscribing to our top news of the day. It's free.

Data released Friday by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) showed that between Dec. 14, 2020 and Oct. 1, 2021, a total of 778,685 adverse events following COVID vaccines were reported to the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS). The data included a total of 16,310 reports of deaths — an increase of 373 over the previous week.

There were 111,921 reports of serious injuries, including deaths, during the same time period — up 6,163 compared with the previous week.

Excluding “foreign reports” filed in VAERS, 593.728 adverse events, including 7,437 deaths and 47,455 serious injuries, were reported in the U.S. between Dec. 14, 2020 and Oct. 1, 2021.

Of the 7,437 U.S. deaths reported as of Oct. 1, 11% occurred within 24 hours of vaccination, 16% occurred within 48 hours of vaccination and 29% occurred in people who experienced an onset of symptoms within 48 hours of being vaccinated.


Yeah...

So the homepage of that is hocking a book "The Real Anthony Fauci". Not discrediting the article you posted - I'm gonna do that following - but you can already see where this is headed.

VAERS is not anywhere near official data. If you even looked at what was linked, they counted suicides, analphylaxis and other unrelated or entirely preventable (by the patient) things. That's why VAERS is not used in any medically sourced things, only in blog posts and clearly slanted writeups. VAERS would only induce specific studies and testing after the fact, however aside from treatable myocarditis and clotting, we are seeing nothing unusual in the COVID vaccines overall performance, and this especially goes for Pfizer. Most of the bullet points they brought up would require a great stretch to trace them back to a mRNA vaccine. Far more likely that underlying conditions were present, which is why everyone should go their doctors first and have a workup before getting vaccinated.

One thing that has very much frustrated me about the media is that this point isnt hammered home as much as it should, but anyways..

The majority of the "blood clotting issues" is a symptom called petechiae. These are common, and especially common in viral infections. Having a localized instance of this is not a big deal, but it's all filed the umbrella of "blood clotting" even though it presents no actual danger and you have a decent shot of finding an instance of it on your body, right now.

Same with myocarditis, as there are more typically underlying concerns (cholesterol, blood pressure, family heart history, etc) as a driving force.

And how could I know all this? Because in actually sterile conditions, the vaccines have not shown a potency towards heart disease, blood clotting, or... suicide. Now VAERS can be useful, especially in the US, because we are overall obese, in poor shape, and have quite a large number of people living in poverty or right about that line, where they cant afford good nutrition. However that has not been the case with COVID, instead you have people who probably had no idea VAERS existed pushing it as if it were an actual study. The truth is that if medical science were truly concerned with these numbers, they'd have brought it up. Its not that some genius anti-vaxxer unlocked something unknown.
xdrta+
Head Coach
Posts: 6,197
And1: 4,427
Joined: Jun 18, 2018

Re: NBA protocols/Covid/Vaccine - Discussion thread 

Post#1562 » by xdrta+ » Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:20 pm

ZB9 wrote:Do you believe that the Pfizer vax available in the US was FDA approved?


It's not a matter of if I believe it, it's a matter of record. It is what it is.
The CDC:
Pfizer-BioNTech (COMIRNATY) received U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approval on August 23, 2021, for individuals 16 years of age and older. Once vaccines are approved by the FDA, companies can market the vaccines under brand names. COMIRNATY is the brand name for the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine.

You have this weird theory that Comirnaty is a different vaccine from Pfizer-BioNTech, and it's this Comirnaty that was approved by the FDA. Apparently it was developed in secret, with no trials, and is sold to foreign countries. Or somewhere outside the USA. You have to admit, this theory is weird, even for you.
ZB9
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,760
And1: 692
Joined: Jul 11, 2006
Location: Dallas, TX
       

Re: NBA protocols/Covid/Vaccine - Discussion thread 

Post#1563 » by ZB9 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:38 pm

If the Pfizer vaccine is being sold as “fda approved” yet it still has a liability shield, then that is even shadier.


Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
ZB9
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,760
And1: 692
Joined: Jul 11, 2006
Location: Dallas, TX
       

Re: NBA protocols/Covid/Vaccine - Discussion thread 

Post#1564 » by ZB9 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:45 pm

Let’s inject kids and pregnant woman with a new vaccine that has no liability and let’s not even study possible adverse effects.

In fact let’s attempt to shut down or discredit or even censor any attempt to study any data re adverse effects.

That is insane.


Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
User avatar
ItsDanger
RealGM
Posts: 11,539
And1: 7,846
Joined: Nov 01, 2008

Re: NBA protocols/Covid/Vaccine - Discussion thread 

Post#1565 » by ItsDanger » Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:59 pm

xdrta+ wrote:
ZB9 wrote:Do you believe that the Pfizer vax available in the US was FDA approved?


It's not a matter of if I believe it, it's a matter of record. It is what it is.
The CDC:
Pfizer-BioNTech (COMIRNATY) received U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approval on August 23, 2021, for individuals 16 years of age and older. Once vaccines are approved by the FDA, companies can market the vaccines under brand names. COMIRNATY is the brand name for the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine.

You have this weird theory that Comirnaty is a different vaccine from Pfizer-BioNTech, and it's this Comirnaty that was approved by the FDA. Apparently it was developed in secret, with no trials, and is sold to foreign countries. Or somewhere outside the USA. You have to admit, this theory is weird, even for you.

FYI, the vaccine for 12-15 age group is still called Pfizer-BioNTech not Cominarty. Sounds convoluted.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
xdrta+
Head Coach
Posts: 6,197
And1: 4,427
Joined: Jun 18, 2018

Re: NBA protocols/Covid/Vaccine - Discussion thread 

Post#1566 » by xdrta+ » Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:00 pm

ZB9 wrote:If the Pfizer vaccine is being sold as “fda approved” yet it still has a liability shield, then that is even shadier.
Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app


So you admit you were lying (or, to be charitable, repeating someone else's lies) when you said the Pfizer vaccine sold in the US wasn't FDA approved.
xdrta+
Head Coach
Posts: 6,197
And1: 4,427
Joined: Jun 18, 2018

Re: NBA protocols/Covid/Vaccine - Discussion thread 

Post#1567 » by xdrta+ » Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:14 pm

ItsDanger wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:
ZB9 wrote:Do you believe that the Pfizer vax available in the US was FDA approved?


It's not a matter of if I believe it, it's a matter of record. It is what it is.
The CDC:
Pfizer-BioNTech (COMIRNATY) received U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approval on August 23, 2021, for individuals 16 years of age and older. Once vaccines are approved by the FDA, companies can market the vaccines under brand names. COMIRNATY is the brand name for the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine.

You have this weird theory that Comirnaty is a different vaccine from Pfizer-BioNTech, and it's this Comirnaty that was approved by the FDA. Apparently it was developed in secret, with no trials, and is sold to foreign countries. Or somewhere outside the USA. You have to admit, this theory is weird, even for you.

FYI, the vaccine for 12-15 age group is still called Pfizer-BioNTech not Cominarty. Sounds convoluted.


Study of the vaccine in 12- to 15-year-olds began later than the 16+ age group, and the six-month followup is still underway. Until it can be submitted to the FDA and an extension of the license can be issued, the vaccine will continue to be used in 12- to 15-year-olds under the emergency use authorization. When full approval is granted the brand name Comirnaty will be used. Probably in November. It's not that hard to understand.
User avatar
ItsDanger
RealGM
Posts: 11,539
And1: 7,846
Joined: Nov 01, 2008

Re: NBA protocols/Covid/Vaccine - Discussion thread 

Post#1568 » by ItsDanger » Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:14 pm

The Pfizer-BioNTech (sometimes called Cominarty) vaccine has complete legal liability protection. Ivermectin that's been used for 40 years does not. Yet the latter is criticized endlessly even though it has a solid safety record in its usage. I wonder why is that?
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
User avatar
ItsDanger
RealGM
Posts: 11,539
And1: 7,846
Joined: Nov 01, 2008

Re: NBA protocols/Covid/Vaccine - Discussion thread 

Post#1569 » by ItsDanger » Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:16 pm

xdrta+ wrote:
ItsDanger wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:
It's not a matter of if I believe it, it's a matter of record. It is what it is.
The CDC:

You have this weird theory that Comirnaty is a different vaccine from Pfizer-BioNTech, and it's this Comirnaty that was approved by the FDA. Apparently it was developed in secret, with no trials, and is sold to foreign countries. Or somewhere outside the USA. You have to admit, this theory is weird, even for you.

FYI, the vaccine for 12-15 age group is still called Pfizer-BioNTech not Cominarty. Sounds convoluted.


Study of the vaccine in 12- to 15-year-olds began later than the 16+ age group, and the six-month followup is still underway. Until it can be submitted to the FDA and an extension of the license can be issued, the vaccine will continue to be used in 12- to 15-year-olds under the emergency use authorization. When full approval is granted the brand name Comirnaty will be used. Probably in November. It's not that hard to understand.

Ahh, so the brand name change was dependent on approval? Why not just change the brand name for all ranges regardless of approval or stage of respective studies?
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
xdrta+
Head Coach
Posts: 6,197
And1: 4,427
Joined: Jun 18, 2018

Re: NBA protocols/Covid/Vaccine - Discussion thread 

Post#1570 » by xdrta+ » Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:19 pm

ItsDanger wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:
ItsDanger wrote:FYI, the vaccine for 12-15 age group is still called Pfizer-BioNTech not Cominarty. Sounds convoluted.


Study of the vaccine in 12- to 15-year-olds began later than the 16+ age group, and the six-month followup is still underway. Until it can be submitted to the FDA and an extension of the license can be issued, the vaccine will continue to be used in 12- to 15-year-olds under the emergency use authorization. When full approval is granted the brand name Comirnaty will be used. Probably in November. It's not that hard to understand.

Ahh, so the brand name change was dependent on approval? Why not just change the brand name for all ranges regardless of approval or stage of respective studies?


Well, if you read the CDC quote above, you would know that, "Once vaccines are approved by the FDA, companies can market the vaccines under brand names." Why would you care? Oh wait, I know, IT'S A CONSPIRACY!!
ZB9
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,760
And1: 692
Joined: Jul 11, 2006
Location: Dallas, TX
       

Re: NBA protocols/Covid/Vaccine - Discussion thread 

Post#1571 » by ZB9 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:21 pm

xdrta+ wrote:
ZB9 wrote:If the Pfizer vaccine is being sold as “fda approved” yet it still has a liability shield, then that is even shadier.
Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app


So you admit you were lying (or, to be charitable, repeating someone else's lies) when you said the Pfizer vaccine sold in the US wasn't FDA approved.

No it’s not fda approved. That’s why it has a liability shield. They say “it has the same ingredients as the approved one” though. Typical Pfizer.


Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app


This is misinformation. Pfizer vaccine is FDA approved.
-zimpy27
User avatar
ItsDanger
RealGM
Posts: 11,539
And1: 7,846
Joined: Nov 01, 2008

Re: NBA protocols/Covid/Vaccine - Discussion thread 

Post#1572 » by ItsDanger » Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:22 pm

xdrta+ wrote:
ItsDanger wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:
Study of the vaccine in 12- to 15-year-olds began later than the 16+ age group, and the six-month followup is still underway. Until it can be submitted to the FDA and an extension of the license can be issued, the vaccine will continue to be used in 12- to 15-year-olds under the emergency use authorization. When full approval is granted the brand name Comirnaty will be used. Probably in November. It's not that hard to understand.

Ahh, so the brand name change was dependent on approval? Why not just change the brand name for all ranges regardless of approval or stage of respective studies?


Well, if you read the CDC quote above, you would know that, "Once vaccines are approved by the FDA, companies can market the vaccines under brand names." Why would you care? Oh wait, I know, IT'S A CONSPIRACY!!

I'm just confirming. I already knew.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
xdrta+
Head Coach
Posts: 6,197
And1: 4,427
Joined: Jun 18, 2018

Re: NBA protocols/Covid/Vaccine - Discussion thread 

Post#1573 » by xdrta+ » Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:28 pm

ZB9 wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:
ZB9 wrote:If the Pfizer vaccine is being sold as “fda approved” yet it still has a liability shield, then that is even shadier.
Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app


So you admit you were lying (or, to be charitable, repeating someone else's lies) when you said the Pfizer vaccine sold in the US wasn't FDA approved.

No it’s not fda approved. That’s why it has a liability shield. They say “it has the same ingredients as the approved one” though. Typical Pfizer.


Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app


You are unbelievable. So, even though the CDC says the Pfizer vaccine is fully approved, even though the letter from the FDA to Pfizer giving full approval was quoted way back when in this thread, according to you, it's not FDA approved. And this red herring of a liability shield has NOTHING to do with whether it is approved or not. To top it off, apparently you don't understand what a "brand name" is.

Adios, I'm going to leave you to those with more patience than I.
michaelm
General Manager
Posts: 7,631
And1: 3,334
Joined: Apr 06, 2010
 

Re: NBA protocols/Covid/Vaccine - Discussion thread 

Post#1574 » by michaelm » Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:32 pm

ZB9 wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:Your link in the previous post is pathetic. Yeah, I'm going to put credence in a site called wellnessdoc, who uses reports from VAERS, an unverified reporting system that does not determine if a vaccine caused the events that are reported, to come up with numbers. For a long time VAERS was filled with reports that vaccines were causing autism, a claim that has been thoroughly debunked. Everything on there is unverified, which means it's about as unreliable a source as you can find.

He qualifies everything, "two children died reportedly from cardiac related deaths", and "it has to be assumed" they were part of the trials...based on this he comes up with 1 in a 1000 deaths. And you swallow it whole. No surprise there.


So you want to inject kids with this new vaccine even though they arent at risk for covid and you want to shut down any study of possible adverse events to the vaccine. Do i have that right?

Do you want to inject pregnant women too?

If studies have been shut down provide evidence of this. You can't.

As has been said, VAERS is not remotely in any sense a study. It is a reporting system so events can be studied.
User avatar
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 57,813
And1: 17,628
Joined: Jul 16, 2006
Location: Parts Unknown
 

Re: NBA protocols/Covid/Vaccine - Discussion thread 

Post#1575 » by FNQ » Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:59 pm

ZB9 wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:
ZB9 wrote:If the Pfizer vaccine is being sold as “fda approved” yet it still has a liability shield, then that is even shadier.
Sehttps://forums.realgm.com/boards/index.phpnt from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app


So you admit you were lying (or, to be charitable, repeating someone else's lies) when you said the Pfizer vaccine sold in the US wasn't FDA approved.

No it’s not fda approved. That’s why it has a liability shield. They say “it has the same ingredients as the approved one” though. Typical Pfizer.


Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app


This is again, a lie. You do this often.

For those who arent constantly lying and are actually interested why there is no liability, please read up on Alex Azar's PREP Act from 2005 which goes until 2025, which protects medical companies from litigation in the cases of emergencies, as long as there is no obvious misconduct on their end.

For those who consider the vaccine "rushed", make sure you understand that the way it was 'rushed' was by starting phases at the same time, while typically phases have no overlap, and often have lulls in between. There is also a lot of red tape that is needless, like competing interests in other pharma companies, or to make sure the intellectual property isnt being taken from another source.

But I will come out and say that based on his history, ZB9 should not be taken seriously in this conversation going forward. In a thread where there are people pushing narratives that aren't true but can be spun that way, this person has pushed several outright lies repeatedly.
User avatar
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 57,813
And1: 17,628
Joined: Jul 16, 2006
Location: Parts Unknown
 

Re: NBA protocols/Covid/Vaccine - Discussion thread 

Post#1576 » by FNQ » Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:01 am

ItsDanger wrote:The Pfizer-BioNTech (sometimes called Cominarty) vaccine has complete legal liability protection. Ivermectin that's been used for 40 years does not. Yet the latter is criticized endlessly even though it has a solid safety record in its usage. I wonder why is that?


Takes literally 2 minutes of research to figure this out
Zenzibar
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,652
And1: 4,359
Joined: Jan 10, 2019
         

Re: NBA protocols/Covid/Vaccine - Discussion thread 

Post#1577 » by Zenzibar » Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:04 am

xdrta+ wrote:
ZB9 wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:
So you want to eliminate polio vaccines for kids, since there is almost no chance they'll contract polio. Do I have that right?


No, polio vaccines and their possible adverse effects have been studied and vetted for over 50 years. They also provide actual immunity.

Are you going to answer my question?


The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)"strongly recommends COVID-19 vaccination before, during or after pregnancy. Pregnant or recently pregnant people are at an increased risk for severe illness from COVID-19. Additionally, pregnant people with COVID-19 have a higher risk of delivering prematurely."

Those sound like good reasons to me, though I'm sure you'll have some wacko with an off-the-wall study that shows they shouldn't.

And polio vaccines can have serious side effects when polio has been all but eliminated in this country. Why don't you want to remove the vaccine mandate for children?


We just had born a beautiful healthy baby girl in the family. The mother's pediatrician did not recommend the vaccine for the mother. But you do.....
michaelm
General Manager
Posts: 7,631
And1: 3,334
Joined: Apr 06, 2010
 

Re: NBA protocols/Covid/Vaccine - Discussion thread 

Post#1578 » by michaelm » Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:11 am

FNQ wrote:
Zenzibar wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:
"These covid vaccines available in the US are still experiments. None available in the US have even been FDA approved."

An out and out lie.

"The vaccines themselves pose a higher risk to kids than the covid virus itself."

Another lie.

In fact, your whole post is trash. The figures you claim, apparantly from some random tweet in response to California's announcement, is debunked here.
https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2021/oct/07/tweets/cdc-does-not-show-higher-death-rate-vaccines-covid/

It's nonsense. The federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has not reported data for children showing a higher death rate from COVID-19 vaccines than from COVID-19.

There is no clear evidence that COVID-19 vaccines have caused any deaths in the U.S., according to the CDC.


That line difies logic and why the vaccination resistance is growing due to falsification or subjugation of facts.

For example.

https://childrenshealthdefense.org/defender/vaers-cdc-serious-injuries-deaths-covid-vaccines/

Reports of Serious Injuries After COVID Vaccines Near 112,000, as Pfizer Asks FDA to Green Light Shots for Kids 5 to 11

VAERS data released Friday by the CDC included a total of 778,685 reports of adverse events from all age groups following COVID vaccines, including 16,310 deaths and 111,921 serious injuries between Dec. 14, 2020 and Oct. 1, 2021.

By
Megan Redshaw

Every Friday, VAERS makes public all vaccine injury reports received as of a specified date, usually about a week prior to the release date.
The Defender is experiencing censorship on many social channels. Be sure to stay in touch with the news that matters by subscribing to our top news of the day. It's free.

Data released Friday by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) showed that between Dec. 14, 2020 and Oct. 1, 2021, a total of 778,685 adverse events following COVID vaccines were reported to the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS). The data included a total of 16,310 reports of deaths — an increase of 373 over the previous week.

There were 111,921 reports of serious injuries, including deaths, during the same time period — up 6,163 compared with the previous week.

Excluding “foreign reports” filed in VAERS, 593.728 adverse events, including 7,437 deaths and 47,455 serious injuries, were reported in the U.S. between Dec. 14, 2020 and Oct. 1, 2021.

Of the 7,437 U.S. deaths reported as of Oct. 1, 11% occurred within 24 hours of vaccination, 16% occurred within 48 hours of vaccination and 29% occurred in people who experienced an onset of symptoms within 48 hours of being vaccinated.


Yeah...

So the homepage of that is hocking a book "The Real Anthony Fauci". Not discrediting the article you posted - I'm gonna do that following - but you can already see where this is headed.

VAERS is not anywhere near official data. If you even looked at what was linked, they counted suicides, analphylaxis and other unrelated or entirely preventable (by the patient) things. That's why VAERS is not used in any medically sourced things, only in blog posts and clearly slanted writeups. VAERS would only induce specific studies and testing after the fact, however aside from treatable myocarditis and clotting, we are seeing nothing unusual in the COVID vaccines overall performance, and this especially goes for Pfizer. Most of the bullet points they brought up would require a great stretch to trace them back to a mRNA vaccine. Far more likely that underlying conditions were present, which is why everyone should go their doctors first and have a workup before getting vaccinated.

One thing that has very much frustrated me about the media is that this point isnt hammered home as much as it should, but anyways..

The majority of the "blood clotting issues" is a symptom called petechiae. These are common, and especially common in viral infections. Having a localized instance of this is not a big deal, but it's all filed the umbrella of "blood clotting" even though it presents no actual danger and you have a decent shot of finding an instance of it on your body, right now.

Same with myocarditis, as there are more typically underlying concerns (cholesterol, blood pressure, family heart history, etc) as a driving force.

And how could I know all this? Because in actually sterile conditions, the vaccines have not shown a potency towards heart disease, blood clotting, or... suicide. Now VAERS can be useful, especially in the US, because we are overall obese, in poor shape, and have quite a large number of people living in poverty or right about that line, where they cant afford good nutrition. However that has not been the case with COVID, instead you have people who probably had no idea VAERS existed pushing it as if it were an actual study. The truth is that if medical science were truly concerned with these numbers, they'd have brought it up. Its not that some genius anti-vaxxer unlocked something unknown.

Yes, if Covid vaccines were somehow proof against death and illness in general I rather think even libertarians might be demanding vaccination. The fact that vaccination doesn't provide such protection would hardly seem to necessitate a cover up.

There is an extremely stupid politician in Australia who has a seat in parliament because he stood as a candidate for one of the major parties, who resigned from the party, but not from the parliament of course. He is running on a VAERS/Ivermectin platform next election funded by a well known shady businessman. I should have realised he is too stupid to have even come up with the nonsense he spouts on his own, It now becomes clear that the personal research he claims to have done to form his conclusions was reading US conspiracy sites. He is in the habit of arguing with the authors of papers he claims to have 'researched' about what their papers say. Of course conclusions can be disputed, but he tries to make their actual data fit his conspiracy theories.
User avatar
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 57,813
And1: 17,628
Joined: Jul 16, 2006
Location: Parts Unknown
 

Re: NBA protocols/Covid/Vaccine - Discussion thread 

Post#1579 » by FNQ » Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:11 am

Just a couple other lies to clear up:

There are of course studies ongoing re: longer term effects of the vaccines. These are specific to the most numerous side effects, which are myocarditis and blood clotting. It's typically considered unethical to disclose results of a study before its complete. For those who are supposedly looking for answers, they don't seem to look very hard for this kind of information

The vaccines do not cause infection, and thus pose a minimal risk to the child or to the parent. This is because the messenger RNA exists only to tell the body what type of defenses to create, and then immediately disappears. The concern in a pregnant person means you have to ignore the data we currently have, as well as the basis virology that explains how the mRNA vaccine works.

The only reason there is any concern with teens and younger is the worry that a mild case of myocarditis could be worsened by the body already currently changing. There is no link to that in typical myocarditis and there's little reason currently to believe the vaccine would be any different. However, rather than say it definitively, there are studies currently going on to prove that
User avatar
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 57,813
And1: 17,628
Joined: Jul 16, 2006
Location: Parts Unknown
 

Re: NBA protocols/Covid/Vaccine - Discussion thread 

Post#1580 » by FNQ » Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:14 am

Zenzibar wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:
ZB9 wrote:
No, polio vaccines and their possible adverse effects have been studied and vetted for over 50 years. They also provide actual immunity.

Are you going to answer my question?


The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)"strongly recommends COVID-19 vaccination before, during or after pregnancy. Pregnant or recently pregnant people are at an increased risk for severe illness from COVID-19. Additionally, pregnant people with COVID-19 have a higher risk of delivering prematurely."

Those sound like good reasons to me, though I'm sure you'll have some wacko with an off-the-wall study that shows they shouldn't.

And polio vaccines can have serious side effects when polio has been all but eliminated in this country. Why don't you want to remove the vaccine mandate for children?


We just had born a beautiful healthy baby girl in the family. The mother's pediatrician did not recommend the vaccine for the mother. But you do.....


Anecdotal evidence? Awesome

I dont think anyone is saying to ignore what their doctor tells them, because there are potentially numerous reasons as to why that's the case. Based on the link you posted earlier, its reasoning, and now this, you probably should be asking more questions instead of trying to snarkily win something that you're woefully unqualified to talk about

Return to The General Board