NBA protocols/Covid/Vaccine - Discussion thread

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

ZB9
Sixth Man
And1: 696

Re: NBA protocols/Covid/Vaccine - Discussion thread 

Post#1621 » by ZB9 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:19 pm

xdrta+ wrote:
ZB9 wrote:So if 40 to 60 percent of people are wearing masks in public in the US, that would drop influenza by 98 percent?
I doubt that it would drop that much even if 100 percent of people were wearing hazmat suits at all times.

Your "doubt" is legion, fueled by your agenda. There's no mystery why flu cases dropped, when for the past year and a half Americans, besides wearing masks, have been limiting travel, avoiding crowds, social distancing, and encouraging thorough and frequent handwashing. Infectious disease is passed from person to person, and when gathering places like bars and restaurants are closed, people work from home and avoid close contact with others, of course the flu numbers will drop.

Even a child could understand this, what is it you don't get, again?

drop from 38 million to a little over 2 thousand? in a year?

That is logical to you?

I can see how flu cases might drop, but not 98 percent.
nikster
RealGM
And1: 11,837

Post#1622 » by nikster » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:32 pm

ItsDanger wrote:
nikster wrote:
ItsDanger wrote:Or explaining it to others who don't know without being an **** about it. Something you could learn from.

asking questions isnt explaining, especially when your actually wrong

Don't blame me when posters here can't explain a simple concept in concise terms. Your reply just shows arrogance.

Yeah we can explain the simple concept in concise terms: "Comirnaty is just a brand name so the pfizer vaccine has full approval in 16+" But for some reason you just refuse to accept it. Its not arrogant to post same misinformation over and over?

https://www.fda.gov/emergency-preparedness-and-response/coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19/comirnaty-and-pfizer-biontech-covid-19-vaccine
"has been known as the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine, and will now be marketed as Comirnaty,"
It really doesnt get any more straight forward then that.

https://www.fda.gov/vaccines-blood-biologics/qa-comirnaty-covid-19-vaccine-mrna
"The EUA for the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine for individuals 16 years of age and older was based on safety and effectiveness data from a randomized, controlled, blinded ongoing clinical trial....Follow-up data from this ongoing clinical trial was analyzed by FDA to determine the safety and effectiveness of Comirnaty."
So your telling me the same clinical trial was used to approve 2 "different" vaccines?
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,994

Post#1623 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:34 pm

I usually like to say something insightful or wise. For this particular thread the only comment I have is what kind of fool is Kyrie Irving?
Bye bye Beal.
nikster
RealGM

Post#1624 » by nikster » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:36 pm

ZB9 wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:
ZB9 wrote:So if 40 to 60 percent of people are wearing masks in public in the US, that would drop influenza by 98 percent?
I doubt that it would drop that much even if 100 percent of people were wearing hazmat suits at all times.

Your "doubt" is legion, fueled by your agenda. There's no mystery why flu cases dropped, when for the past year and a half Americans, besides wearing masks, have been limiting travel, avoiding crowds, social distancing, and encouraging thorough and frequent handwashing. Infectious disease is passed from person to person, and when gathering places like bars and restaurants are closed, people work from home and avoid close contact with others, of course the flu numbers will drop.

That is logical to you?

How deep and coordinated of a conspiracy on a global scale is required for this to have been a ruse? Why are we not seeing higher levels of influenza in states or countries led by leaders that try to minimize COVID or are anti-vax? Why has this not been exposed by a single hospital or medical organization world wide?

That is logical to you?
ZB9
Sixth Man

Post#1625 » by ZB9 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:36 pm

nikster wrote:
ZB9 wrote:"If lockdowns and masks work, why is Covid spreading?"
CC: "Because people aren't social distancing and wearing masks"
"How did flu cases drop to almost zero?"
CC: "Because people are social distancing and wearing masks"
"That's illogical"
CC: "Conspiracy theorist! Follow the science."

Because COVID is far more contagious then the flu...this has been known early on

There have been approx 44 million cases of covid this year in the US.

There were approx 38 million cases cases of influenza last year in the US.

There were approx 45 million cases of influenza in the US in 2018.

Covid appears to be slightly more contagious than the flu. It's also more deadly, except for kids
michaelm
RealGM
And1: 4,795

Post#1626 » by michaelm » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:39 pm

ZB9 wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:

That is logical to you?

Or it could be that modest measures can get an R value of 1.3 to below 1.0. You don’t need 100% vaccination for herd immunity for most viruses either. I hadn’t looked it up previously but the R value for the Covid delta variant is estimated to be between 5 and 9.
nikster
RealGM

Post#1627 » by nikster » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:41 pm

ZB9 wrote:
nikster wrote:
"That's illogical"

Because COVID is far more contagious then the flu...this has been known early on

Covid appears to be slightly more contagious than the flu.

once again the antivaxers show ignorance of the both the science of the virus and of basic statistics.

Total cases is an incredibly lazy and uninformative comparison (the only kind you are capable of making apparently). COVID was not endemic, and we got those numbers with masks, lockdowns, social distancing and vaccines....
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,248

Post#1628 » by xdrta+ » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:41 pm

ZB9 wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:

That is logical to you?

Of course it's logical. As I said, even a child...... And if those same protocols were followed permanently, the number would stay that low. But of course we don't. Bars and restaurants re-open, airlines are crowded, people crowd together for all sorts of events, and fools like the governor of Texas do everything in their power to ensure the spread of infectious disease, like banning private employers from requiring vaccines for their workers. So the numbers will jump back up. It's only logical.
ZB9
Sixth Man

Post#1629 » by ZB9 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:42 pm

nikster wrote:
ZB9 wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:

That is logical to you?

How deep and coordinated of a conspiracy on a global scale is required for this to have been a ruse? Why are we not seeing higher levels of influenza in states or countries led by leaders that try to minimize COVID or are anti-vax? Why has this not been exposed by a single hospital or medical organization world wide?

That is logical to you?

I dont think covid is a ruse, just exaggerated.
michaelm
RealGM
And1: 4,795

Post#1630 » by michaelm » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:44 pm

ZB9 wrote:
nikster wrote:
"That's illogical"

Covid appears to be slightly more contagious than the flu.

Yes and the measures including vaccination applied to the Coronavirus leading to those numbers for Covid means they didn’t need to be taken.
nikster
RealGM

Post#1631 » by nikster » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:46 pm

ZB9 wrote:
nikster wrote:
ZB9 wrote:

That is logical to you?

That is logical to you?

Like you said flu shots are abnormally low. Either you accept that the isolation distance measures, masks etc... is the cause. Or you believe there is a concerted and coordinated effort by every country and medical organization in the world to lie about flu data to make covid look worse.
Cartuse
Rookie
And1: 1,130

Post#1632 » by Cartuse » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:50 pm

xdrta+ wrote:
Of course it's logical. As I said, even a child...... And if those same protocols were followed permanently, the number would stay that low. But of course we don't. Bars and restaurants re-open, airlines are crowded, people crowd together for all sorts of events, and fools like the governor of Texas do everything in their power to ensure the spread of infectious disease, like banning private employers from requiring vaccines for their workers. So the numbers will jump back up. It's only logical.

Just out of curiosity, why would the Texas governor want to ensure the spread of an infectious disease?
xdrta+
General Manager

Post#1633 » by xdrta+ » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:53 pm

Cartuse wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:

Just out of curiosity, why would the Texas governor want to ensure the spread of an infectious disease?

You should ask him, Texans elected him. Probably thinks it will make Biden look bad.
ZB9
Sixth Man

Post#1634 » by ZB9 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:55 pm

xdrta+ wrote:
ZB9 wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:

That is logical to you?

Of course it's logical. As I said, even a child...... And if those same protocols were followed permanently, the number would stay that low. But of course we don't.

You think it should be permanent?

I mean you can if you want. You can stay home and/or live in a bubble if you want to.
xdrta+
General Manager

Post#1635 » by xdrta+ » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:57 pm

ZB9 wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:
ZB9 wrote:

That is logical to you?

Of course it's logical. As I said, even a child...... And if those same protocols were followed permanently, the number would stay that low. But of course we don't.

I mean you can if you want. You can stay home and/or live in a bubble if you want to.

Did I say I wanted it to be permanent? I said if it were, the numbers would stay low. Do you finally understand why the numbers dropped?
ZB9
Sixth Man

Post#1636 » by ZB9 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:00 pm

xdrta+ wrote:
ZB9 wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:

Did I say I wanted it to be permanent? I said if it were, the numbers would stay low. Do you finally understand why the numbers dropped?

You dont want the numbers to stay low?

Half of the country wearing masks and people standing on stickers did not cause influenza to drop 98 percent.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#1637 » by FNQ » Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:05 pm

Oh if only there were numerous articles detailing the avalanche of reasons why the far less transmissible influenza virus hasn’t shown up as much

A little unrelated but I’m watching a fascinating YT video about mice and electrified cheese. Funny enough most of them stopped trying after 1 or 2 zaps
ZB9
Sixth Man

Post#1638 » by ZB9 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:08 pm

nikster wrote:
ZB9 wrote:
nikster wrote:How deep and coordinated of a conspiracy on a global scale is required for this to have been a ruse? Why are we not seeing higher levels of influenza in states or countries led by leaders that try to minimize COVID or are anti-vax? Why has this not been exposed by a single hospital or medical organization world wide?

That is logical to you?

Like you said flu shots are abnormally low. Either you accept that the isolation distance measures, masks etc... is the cause. Or you believe there is a concerted and coordinated effort by every country and medical organization in the world to lie about flu data to make covid look worse.

Look into the pcr test.
nikster
RealGM

Post#1639 » by nikster » Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:10 pm

ZB9 wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:
ZB9 wrote:

You dont want the numbers to stay low?

Half of the country wearing masks and people standing on stickers did not cause influenza to drop 98 percent.

So once again you come to the conclusion that there is a national and global effort (on state, federal and medical organizational levels) to lie about influenza data to make COVID look worse. Is that logical to you?
nikster
RealGM

Post#1640 » by nikster » Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:11 pm

ZB9 wrote:
nikster wrote:
ZB9 wrote:

Look into the pcr test.

Im familiar with PCR, what about it?

Return to The General Board