Kyrie Irving Megathread: [Latest] NETS Will Not Offer Irving $186M Extension

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Will Kyrie play this season?

Yes
48%
No
52%

Total votes: 240

Mrakar
Starter
And1: 2,544

Re: Kyrie Megathread: [Shams] Kyrie Will Not Play or Practice Until Fully Vaccinated 

Post#101 » by Mrakar » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:16 pm

I still can not process how can some1 be such a great player and such a stupid person.
I would normally say it is his choice, and maybe he or someone close to him had some issues with vacination or any other medicaments, but we are talking about a guy who said that earth is flat, who made some rituals with smoke in Celtics arena, who walked a wooden stick,... we can now all stop trying to find excuses for him. He is just stupid person who is trying to be unique and he is succeeding in it, sadly in bad way...I hope he retires so this Nets team can continue with already great group of players.
If everything is going well, expect an WojBomb
#Pelslife :cry:
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,950

Re: Kyrie Megathread: [Shams] Kyrie Will Not Play or Practice Until Fully Vaccinated 

Post#102 » by Prez » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:16 pm

Incredible lmao. Just incredible.
Pelon chingon
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,169

Re: KD/Harden/Nets Mgmt Decide Kyrie Will Not Play or Practice with Team 

Post#103 » by Pelon chingon » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:16 pm

Many People across the nation have been dealing with this kind of tyranny. Much of it comes from the "my body my choice" crowd until its something they disagree with of course. Good luck to Kyrie on this one.
red96
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,380

Re: KD and Harden to meet with Nets brass regarding Kyrie 

Post#104 » by red96 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:16 pm

DusterBuster wrote:
Ben-N1ce wrote:The meeting is basically. " KD what do you want us to do "

KD really doesn't deserve the LeBron treatment by front offices like the Nets give him. LeBron proved he can carry multiple teams to rings. KD road the Warriors coattails for 3 seasons and has yet to prove he can carry a team to a ring on his own. Those two resumes are not equal to where they should be given the same amount of respect imo.
True, but he's the best thing they've had since the Nets got swept in the Finals. Nba stars of his caliber have to be catered to. If KD ever decides he wants out, no one else will stick around. The Nets wouldn't be able to start a real rebuild until the 2030's.
"Morey decided in 2007 that Steve Francis was to be the "franchise player" of the Rockets only to play what... 5 games? Morey didn't think Marc Gasol was worth a look that year,"
-baki "the Rockets fan"
seren
RealGM
And1: 4,233

Post#105 » by seren » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:17 pm

Good for the Nets. They had to take a stance. I think Kyrie is retiring. He is just not that into professional basketball anyway.
djsunyc
RealGM
And1: 67,267

Post#106 » by djsunyc » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:18 pm

so he wasn't getting paid for all home games + games at knicks and california before this.

is he still getting paid for all the other road games?
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 44,586

Post#107 » by DaGawd » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:18 pm

Does Kyrie give the nets the ok to trade him to Philly or wherever doesn’t have vax mandates now?
BaF
Washington Wizards
seren
RealGM
And1: 4,233

Post#108 » by seren » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:18 pm

Props to KD to not actively support this mess. Not fair to the rest of the team.
Magic_Johnny12
RealGM
And1: 8,457

Re: KD/Harden/Nets Mgmt Decide Kyrie Will Not Play or Practice with Team 

Post#109 » by Magic_Johnny12 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:18 pm

I feel like Kyrie loves the attention and at the very last moment will get vaccinated and this will all be for nothing.
PM me if you can help a brotha finally get an AVI.
djsunyc
RealGM

Post#110 » by djsunyc » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:19 pm

kd has always been about basketball. he's a purest on the court and he wants to win a chip. doesn't want the distractions.
GrandTheftRondo
General Manager
And1: 9,160

Post#111 » by GrandTheftRondo » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:20 pm

So are Nets fans finally going to accept us Boston fans were right?
Courtside
RealGM
And1: 12,380

Re: [SHAMS] Nets say Kyrie Irving will not practice or participate with the Nets until he is fully eligible... 

Post#112 » by Courtside » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:20 pm

XtremeDunkz wrote:
MikeTheKid wrote:
Wreckus13 wrote:What are the odds he just retires?

Very high right now
No reason for him to retire. The Nets are telling him to stay home aka he still gets paid to sit home. I'm sure he'll be fine with that.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

They aren't paying him for any games missed. The NBA released a statement about this, essentially creating a temporary rule that any time or games lost due to players not following COVID protocols - whether home or away - will result in the player forfeiting their salary for those games. Also, while the team saves money, the full salary counts against the cap/tax, so they can't get an exemption to sign a replacement player or go along with a player missing games in order to reduce their luxury tax payments.
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,985

Post#113 » by Johnny Bball » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:21 pm

Johnny Bball wrote:We're going to start to hear Kyrie trade rumours. That is for damn sure. If I was both of them I would ask them to explore the market and light a fire under Irving. All in or all out. He gets vaccinated and they want him on board for sure, he doesn't and he likely has no value anyway, but he needs to get his head right and seemingly this would be the threat to do so.

Or you just light the fire directly.... That was fast! Props to all of the Nets organization for not **** around.

He can't be a team leader and be the way he is in this current climate.
Woodsanity
RealGM
And1: 10,144

Post#114 » by Woodsanity » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:21 pm

DusterBuster wrote:As good as Kyrie and KD are, I would never want either guy on my team. Every stop they've ever been at, the team is just nothing but drama. Happened in OKC, GSW and now here in BKY, then the same with Kyrie in CLE, BOS and here.

Congrats to the Bucks and their fans... Giannis makes these two look like absolute clowns.

I agree on Kyrie but saying KD is a similar level problem is a bit much. KD is a much greater player than Kyrie and he has never been a detriment towards his team winning.

Only the playoffs separate the true great ones and frauds.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 89,186

Re: Kyrie Irving Megathread: [Shams] Kyrie Will Not Play or Practice Until Fully Vaccinated 

Post#115 » by Texas Chuck » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:22 pm

Nets made the only decision they could have.; Nash's job would have been impossible otherwise. Also it was smart to publicly exclude him from the people included in the discussion though we all know he gave his input. That way he had plausible deniability either way. Imagine him being honest and saying I want nothing to do with a part-time guy but KD and Harden voting for him to remain with the team. Nash is done then.

Well handled by the Nets here.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
rand
Starter
And1: 3,170

Re: Kyrie Irving Megathread: [Shams] Kyrie Will Not Play or Practice Until Fully Vaccinated 

Post#116 » by rand » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:22 pm

Damn Kyrie, just bribe someone for the documentation already
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,985

Re: [SHAMS] Nets say Kyrie Irving will not practice or participate with the Nets until he is fully eligible... 

Post#117 » by Johnny Bball » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:22 pm

Courtside wrote:
XtremeDunkz wrote:
MikeTheKid wrote:
Very high right now
No reason for him to retire. The Nets are telling him to stay home aka he still gets paid to sit home. I'm sure he'll be fine with that.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

They aren't paying him for any games missed. The NBA released a statement about this, essentially creating a temporary rule that any time or games lost due to players not following COVID protocols - whether home or away - will result in the player forfeiting their salary for those games. Also, while the team saves money, the full salary counts against the cap/tax, so they can't get an exemption to sign a replacement player or go along with a player missing games in order to their luxury tax payments.

They may have to pay him for the 40 games he doesn't play now outside of NY that he could have platyed. But no...he doesn't get paid for non-vaccinated days off.
Jabroni Lames
Analyst
And1: 3,949

Post#118 » by Jabroni Lames » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:22 pm

TV ratings for games? Meh. Who cares about TV ratings for individual games when you can follow the real NBA drama 24/7. Never a dull moment... except the games themselves. lol.
djsunyc
RealGM

Post#119 » by djsunyc » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:22 pm

Johnny Bball wrote:
Johnny Bball wrote:We're going to start to hear Kyrie trade rumours. That is for damn sure. If I was both of them I would ask them to explore the market and light a fire under Irving. All in or all out. He gets vaccinated and they want him on board for sure, he doesn't and he likely has no value anyway, but he needs to get his head right and seemingly this would be the threat to do so.

Or you just light the fire directly.... That was fast! Props to all of the Nets organization for not **** around.

send him back to the cavs for jared allen lol.
djsunyc
RealGM

Post#120 » by djsunyc » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:23 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:Nets made the only decision they could have.; Nash's job would have been impossible otherwise. Also it was smart to publicly exclude him from the people included in the discussion though we all know he gave his input. That way he had plausible deniability either way. Imagine him being honest and saying I want nothing to do with a part-time guy but KD and Harden voting for him to remain with the team. Nash is done then.

Well handled by the Nets here.

imho, this doesn't happen without kd and harden being ok with it.

Return to The General Board