Kyrie Irving Megathread: [Latest] NETS Will Not Offer Irving $186M Extension

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Will Kyrie play this season?

Yes
48%
No
52%

Total votes: 240

Ugalde
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,260

Re: KD and Harden to meet with Nets brass regarding Kyrie 

Post#1061 » by Ugalde » Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:35 pm

bbalnation wrote:
CobraCommander wrote:
DusterBuster wrote:As good as Kyrie and KD are, I would never want either guy on my team. Every stop they've ever been at, the team is just nothing but drama. Happened in OKC, GSW and now here in BKY, then the same with Kyrie in CLE, BOS and here.

Congrats to the Bucks and their fans... Giannis makes these two look like absolute clowns.

DB great point....it’s not just Kyrie in this crap storm. You got to give KD (the team captain) a little heat here too. If you care about winning and you KD...sounds like it’s time to put together a cohesive team and let Kyrie join the Wiccan Vegans team. I’m a member and we would love to have Kyrie in our church league.

You bring up an interesting point. It takes courage for the Nets organization, and KD as the leader, to give Kyrie the silent support and space he needs to figure this out.

I wonder if he wishes there was more outright support for him, especially when there's people out there misdirecting their collective anger towards one man who, as a Black man, has had to fight systematic barriers to live & thrive, as many others do.

You can say he's misguided. You don't control his actions or his feelings, only your own. And directing rage towards this one man, is misguided.

imagine actually thinking like this lol
politics
to many 3s
Han Solo
General Manager
And1: 7,443

Re: Kyrie Irving Megathread: [Latest] NETS Will Not Offer Irving $186M Extension 

Post#1062 » by Han Solo » Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:57 pm

I have zero issues with anyone refusing the vaccine. Two people in my household are vaccinated and Covid still almost killed one of them and the other one got sick as hell too. Both tested positive for Covid. At least a dozen vaccinated peers of mine have tested positive for Covid this month.

Almost all the current in patient beds in our hospital are filled with vaccinated people. The current strain of Covid in my personal experience still “breaks through” the vaccine. Especially Pfizer. Anyone that makes Covid political is an idiot on both sides in my opinion. Kyrie will get called crazy. But he’s not. He’s just a human that’s making the best decision he can on his own.

The vaccine will be great down the line. The current vaccine isn’t ****.

I’ve had Delta Covid recently. It was terrible. Wouldn’t wish it on my worst enemy. In my experience the vaccine isn’t holding up with the Covid in this area that’s going around at the moment. People are getting way more ****ed up from this one than the one this time last year.
ReddoverKobe
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,906

Re: Kyrie Irving Megathread: [Latest] NETS Will Not Offer Irving $186M Extension 

Post#1063 » by ReddoverKobe » Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:57 pm

bbalnation wrote:
bigbreakfast wrote:
bbalnation wrote:Id recommend confronting our own pain. If we read the words xenophobia, system, sexism, misogynistic, etc and the body responds a certain kind of way, or thoughts trigger before you can even catch a breath...

Re-evaluate judgement on Kyrie and confront your own pain. Odds your, that anger is going to direct at that one man.

this sounds like something Kyrie would say... a superfluous use of words that gives off the facade of intelligence but actually lacks any real meaning or substance... it's just all... fluff.

but seriously, wtf does this even mean?

I see some anger. I have no interest in having it directed at me. Figure out those unresolved anger issues instead of taking it out on others. You can do it yourself, with the help of a professional, or through Zen Buddhism.

I'd like to copy paste what the last guy said because it was 100% true.

this sounds like something Kyrie would say... a superfluous use of words that gives off the facade of intelligence but actually lacks any real meaning or substance... it's just all... fluff.

LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,573

Post#1064 » by LightTheBeam » Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:59 pm

Pointgod wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:
Pointgod wrote:
This is completely speculation on your part. What’s true is that there are quarantine facilities for travellers. They MIGHT use it for contagious people. We don’t know how they might use it and for whom. But the poster is obviously invoking a more sinister purpose by bringing it up. You know what’s a great way to not end up in quarantine? Get vaccinated!

As a Jewish person, the idea of quarantining people in a camp does not sit right with me vaccinated or not. If you cannot relate to that, I completely understand.

And this is the type of fearmongering that I’m talking about. I think it’s disingenuous to even go there with the comparison, because those things are no where near the same but understand your personal feelings about it. This is getting off topic but one last question. can you tell me the difference between quarantine camps and quarantine hotels that were used during the early stages of the pandemic? Why would you assume a sinister motive on the part of the government with camps but not the hotels since they perform the same function?

I think that lacks context.

I'm more fearful of the overall turn that society seems to have taken.

Just read this message board for example and the names/things people have said about Kyrie for making a personal decision. I won't even talk about Twitter which has some of the most foul comments I've ever read. It has become a social norm to slander and degrade people who don't want to get the vaccine. You have political leaders speaking up against unvaccinated people calling it selfish and creating hate/spreading division. Hell the POTUS said that "Patience is wearing thin with unvaccinated Americans".

You may not see this as a slippery slope, but I absolutely do. They are dehumanizing a portion of the population as people who lack compassion and some have even suggested they shouldn't be given medical treatment when they refuse the vaccine.

The camp is a small sliver of what is wrong with this picture.
bbalnation
Sixth Man
And1: 954

Post#1065 » by bbalnation » Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:07 pm

ReddoverKobe wrote:
bbalnation wrote:
bigbreakfast wrote:

I see some anger. I have no interest in having it directed at me. Figure out those unresolved anger issues instead of taking it out on others. You can do it yourself, with the help of a professional, or through Zen Buddhism.

I'd like to copy paste what the last guy said because it was 100% true.

Okay, I can try.

When we bottle feelings up, they show up elsewhere. Like a child throwing a tantrum.

Unfortunately, it ends up impacting certain groups of people more than others.

If you have spent more time in rage, emotionally (not actually doing anything) at Kyrie for his decision not to vaccinate, as opposed to the NYPD's... ya been caught in the system like the rest of us.

If you've spent more time **** on this one Black man instead of using it as an opportunity to reduce the power of the police union... ya been caught in the system in the rest of us. And if you still believe that you don't need to reduce the police union, when they have the power to refuse a vaccine youre adamantly pushing on Kyrie... then :-?

I use the NYPD as a simple parallel and example. I've mentioned this elsewhere, but I'm vaccinated, and hope there's enough trust built soon. But there's a lot of distrust, and rightfully so, between the people who are supposed to serve citizens, and certain communities. I have hope that over time, it'll work out. What they don't need is these child tantrums yall are throwing.
ReddoverKobe
Lead Assistant

Post#1066 » by ReddoverKobe » Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:08 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
Pointgod wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:
As a Jewish person, the idea of quarantining people in a camp does not sit right with me vaccinated or not. If you cannot relate to that, I completely understand.

And this is the type of fearmongering that I’m talking about. I think it’s disingenuous to even go there with the comparison, because those things are no where near the same but understand your personal feelings about it. This is getting off topic but one last question. can you tell me the difference between quarantine camps and quarantine hotels that were used during the early stages of the pandemic? Why would you assume a sinister motive on the part of the government with camps but not the hotels since they perform the same function?

Just read this message board for example and the names/things people have said about Kyrie for making a personal decision. I won't even talk about Twitter which has some of the most foul comments I've ever read. It has become a social norm to slander and degrade people who don't want to get the vaccine. You have political leaders speaking up against unvaccinated people calling it selfish and creating hate/spreading division. Hell the POTUS said that "Patience is wearing thin with unvaccinated Americans".

You may not see this as a slippery slope, but I absolutely do. They are dehumanizing a portion of the population as people who lack compassion and some have even suggested they shouldn't be given medical treatment when they refuse the vaccine.

Yes, people are upset that a group of people have ignored reality and are so selfish that they are dragging on a pandemic that has killed close to 5 million people world wide. The majority of those people do lack compassion.

I'd like to expand a bit. Somewhere along the line the word "opinion" became this magic word people use to defend anything and everything. This also leads to a "both sides" issue which people seem to think means treating everything as 50/50 or else its unfair to one side of an issue. So with an issue like covid people toss out wild "opinions" then get upset when they are treated like morons and whine and cry that they are treated unfairly.

I'm sorry but the reality is a group of purposely misinformed people have decided they know better then the experts and are willing to watch people die because of it all the while exposing there hypocrisy with every attempt to defend themselves from any sort of criticism. Its disgusting and should be treated as such.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#1067 » by LightTheBeam » Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:14 pm

ReddoverKobe wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:
Pointgod wrote:

Yes, people are upset that a group of people have ignored reality and are so selfish that they are dragging on a pandemic that has killed close to 5 million people world wide. The majority of those people do lack compassion.

Thank you for proving my point.

BTW... Even if we all get the vaccine. This isn't going away. Its here to stay. I hope you can come to terms with that and do what you feel is best to protect your friends and family.
ReddoverKobe
Lead Assistant

Post#1068 » by ReddoverKobe » Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:18 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
ReddoverKobe wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:

BTW... Even if we all get the vaccine. This isn't going away. Its here to stay. I hope you can come to terms with that and do what you feel is best to protect your friends and family.

How absurd. If everyone got the vaccine and had treated this seriously from the start deaths would be down and so would cases.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#1069 » by LightTheBeam » Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:20 pm

ReddoverKobe wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:
ReddoverKobe wrote:

How absurd. If everyone got the vaccine and had treated this seriously from the start deaths would be down and so would cases.

Agreed that it would have cut deaths/cases but not ended the pandemic as you alluded to. Maybe Harris/Biden/Cuomo should have told people to take the vaccine last October instead of creating vaccine hesitancy.

Either way, this conversation has nothing to do with Kyrie. Like I said, hope you are safe and healthy. Take care
Han Solo
General Manager

Post#1070 » by Han Solo » Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:24 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
ReddoverKobe wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:

Yeah man. The vaccine isn’t holding up. A few months from now, this will be more known. Until then, it’s just a political fight between the left and the right like everything else.

The vaccine isn’t holding up. I’ve lived it. This current Covid doesn’t give a **** if you’re vaccinated or not. It will find its way in.

The best treatment right now is the regeneron IV antibody treatment. Seems like it’s the only thing slowing this down at all when you get it. That is way more effective than the vaccine.

Something about this current Covid, just eats it’s way through the vaccine. People are getting way sicker too.

Avoid this ****. It’s terrible. It’s not an easy infection to get rid of.

Don't talk about medical treatments on the GB
Frank Dux
Head Coach
And1: 9,267

Post#1071 » by Frank Dux » Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:31 pm

Han Solo wrote:I have zero issues with anyone refusing the vaccine. Two people in my household are vaccinated and Covid still almost killed one of them and the other one got sick as hell too. Both tested positive for Covid. At least a dozen vaccinated peers of mine have tested positive for Covid this month.

Almost all the current in patient beds in our hospital are filled with vaccinated people. The current strain of Covid in my personal experience still “breaks through” the vaccine. Especially Pfizer. Anyone that makes Covid political is an idiot on both sides in my opinion. Kyrie will get called crazy. But he’s not. He’s just a human that’s making the best decision he can on his own.

I’ve had Delta Covid recently. It was terrible. Wouldn’t wish it on my worst enemy. In my experience the vaccine isn’t holding up with the Covid in this area that’s going around at the moment. People are getting way more ****ed up from this one than the one this time last year.

there’s some really dangerous and false information you’re spewing here. i hope you take the time to think about just how dangerous sharing garbage anecdotal evidence like it’s a scientific fact.

per the cdc, the unvaccinated account for 90% of hospitalizations and deaths.

posters like you who are spreading misinformation regarding covid have blood on your hands. you’re spreading false information and you’re likely to influence unsuspecting readers.
Han Solo
General Manager

Post#1072 » by Han Solo » Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:35 pm

Frank Dux wrote:
Han Solo wrote:I have zero issues with anyone refusing the vaccine. Two people in my household are vaccinated and Covid still almost killed one of them and the other one got sick as hell too. Both tested positive for Covid. At least a dozen vaccinated peers of mine have tested positive for Covid this month.

there’s some really dangerous and false information you’re spewing here. i hope you take the time to think about just how dangerous sharing garbage anecdotal evidence like it’s a scientific fact.

posters like you who are spreading misinformation regarding covid have blood on your hands. you’re spreading false information and you’re likely to influence unsuspecting readers.

No. I’m stating facts. The vaccine isn’t holding up.

Anyone that says it is hasn’t been that close to what’s going on right now.

Misinformation is blindly following a vaccine that does not work.

Blood on your hands is people thinking this vaccine will keep them safe. It won’t.

[b]Warned again

Dirk
[/b]
NyKnicks1714
RealGM
And1: 24,457

Post#1073 » by NyKnicks1714 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:36 pm

Han Solo wrote:
Frank Dux wrote:

Blood on your hands is people thinking this vaccine will keep them safe.

Post actual data. Your anecdotal evidence is worthless. I'm sorry that people close to you got really sick, but that doesn't mean you can come on here and make statements about the vaccine that you can't back up.
Han Solo
General Manager

Post#1074 » by Han Solo » Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:37 pm

NyKnicks1714 wrote:
Han Solo wrote:
Frank Dux wrote:

Post actual data. Your anecdotal evidence is worthless.

Then it’s worthless. I don’t care. I know this vaccine does not protect you from getting Covid.

This is not the place for misinformation about covid vaccines. You've been warned to stop.
-Harry
NyKnicks1714
RealGM
And1: 24,457

Post#1075 » by NyKnicks1714 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:39 pm

Han Solo wrote:
NyKnicks1714 wrote:
Han Solo wrote:No. I’m stating facts. The vaccine isn’t holding up.

Then it’s worthless. I don’t care. I know this vaccine does not protect you from getting Covid.

And you can believe that all you want, but when you make the claim on here without any actual data to support it (and in the face of loads of data which contradicts it), you are spreading misinformation.
GameChannel
Rookie
And1: 1,005

Post#1076 » by GameChannel » Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:39 pm

Pm me the name of this hospital you're talking about. I'd like to investigate their covid hospitalization stats. Thanks.
BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,229

Post#1077 » by BBallFreak » Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:40 pm

Han Solo wrote:
Frank Dux wrote:

Blood on your hands is people thinking this vaccine will keep them safe. It won’t.

There is actual data that says you're incorrect. Most of the hospitalizations are unvaccinated people. THAT is a fact.

Yes, you can still get COVID if you've been vaccinated, but it's less likely, it's likely to be less serious, and it's more likely you'll survive it. If you have actual scientific evidence to the contrary, post it. Otherwise, the data should prove to you the veracity of your opinion, and opinions... well, everyone's got one...
davidv2001
Sophomore
And1: 127

Post#1078 » by davidv2001 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:42 pm

The vaccine was not developed to prevent you from getting COVID. It was developed to prevent severe symptoms, hospitalizations and death from COVID.

In fact, no vaccine prevents you from catching any virus they were created for. What they do is enable your body’s immune system to identify the pathogen and develop a response so if you are infected with the virus later, you have very mild symptoms. Also, being vaccinated means your viral load of COVID or other viruses is lower than unvaccinated people, which is why viruses die out once enough people are vaccinated against them. It’s why polio, measles/mumps, and smallpox no longer are threats in America and haven’t been for decades.
Han Solo
General Manager

Post#1079 » by Han Solo » Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:47 pm

NyKnicks1714 wrote:
Han Solo wrote:
NyKnicks1714 wrote:

And you can believe that all you want, but when you make the claim on here without any actual data to support it (and in the face of loads of data which contradicts it), you are spreading misinformation, even if it's unintentional.

I understand what you’re saying. I appreciate the way you responded.

So I’ll say this - In my personal experience, the vaccine isn’t slowing this current strain down.

I hope there is a vaccine that does. I’ve had a front row seat for this one. Got it myself, and it was terrible. It wasn’t just the people in my household. It’s this entire area.

I’m from Michigan. Don’t know if that makes a difference. But this current Covid is much worse than the one that was around this area a year ago.

Someone I love was in the hospital with Covid. She’s vaccinated. And every patient but one that was in there was vaccinated.

So - to appease to the vaccine crowd. Don’t listen to me. I’m just saying what I’ve seen. Doesn’t mean it’s what the government wants you to think.

Warned for derailing topic

-Dirk
Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 36,070

Post#1080 » by Dirk » Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:50 pm

Why can't we simply appreciate that we're on a basketball board?

Kyrie topics are meant to be light and fun...

Don't post medical advice on Realgm.

There are certain rules and mandates. Players may miss games if they don't comply: your opinion on the mandates or effectiveness of the vaccines is not relevant.

There's a topic for serious discussion, here.

Will start a new Kyrie topic so we can start fresh.
60/21/10

Return to The General Board