Kyrie Irving Megathread: [Latest] NETS Will Not Offer Irving $186M Extension

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Will Kyrie play this season?

Yes
48%
No
52%

Total votes: 240

KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,180

Re: KD and Harden to meet with Nets brass regarding Kyrie 

Post#61 » by KnicksGadfly » Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:50 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
DaGawd wrote:Man if these dudes were on the Knicks the amount of bashing would’ve been what it already is x100.. we dodged a bullet even tho I do wish we had KD

Lol at this victim complex. Nets have been getting bashed 24/7 ever since they signed Kyrie and KD.

Nobody cares about the Knix outside of NYC.

And yet you guys need to give away playoff tickets? Honestly with how empty the New Jersey Nets arenas are, I don’t know why they need to have these covid protocols
red96
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,380

Post#62 » by red96 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:08 pm

Kyrie is like the Ricky Williams of the NBA. I think him retiring is a real possibility.
"Morey decided in 2007 that Steve Francis was to be the "franchise player" of the Rockets only to play what... 5 games? Morey didn't think Marc Gasol was worth a look that year,"
-baki "the Rockets fan"
hauntedcomputer
Veteran
And1: 3,794

Post#63 » by hauntedcomputer » Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:11 pm

Did anyone expect him to play more than half the games anyway?
+++
Schadenfreude is undefeated.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,884

Post#64 » by Hello Brooklyn » Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:12 pm

KnicksGadfly wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
DaGawd wrote:Man if these dudes were on the Knicks the amount of bashing would’ve been what it already is x100.. we dodged a bullet even tho I do wish we had KD

Lol at this victim complex. Nets have been getting bashed 24/7 ever since they signed Kyrie and KD.

And yet you guys need to give away playoff tickets? Honestly with how empty the New Jersey Nets arenas are, I don’t know why they need to have these covid protocols

We didn't give away playoff tickets. Stop making **** up :lol:

You guys are so obsessed with us. Its sad. This thread isn't even about you.

Worry about Julius Randle. Not Kyrie.
seren
RealGM
And1: 4,207

Post#65 » by seren » Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:33 pm

DeBlasio (the mayor) has some fault in this too. The rule is stupid at its core. They now let him practice in the facility but not play in home games. But if you are an away team, your player doesn’t have to be vaccinated. What is it that they are trying to achieve? If this was really about public health, you would have one set of rules for everyone. Is Kyrie more contagious than Beal? Both are not vaccinated. You allow one to play in Barclays and not the other. The whole thing is absurd
Educator
Junior
And1: 406

Post#66 » by Educator » Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:29 pm

Too many of you are simply missing the point.

Whether the restrictions imposed by the city ordinance are fair or not or whether they are effective or not is largely irrelevant. The order is in place and in order to play basketball indoors in NYC, the order needs to be complied with. Every other player on the roster has complied with the rule, whether they agree with it or not.

Kyrie is being a bad teammate, putting himself above both the team and the rules. LaMarcus Aldridge came out of retirement after his heart scare to try and win a championship. Blake Griffin and Paul Millsap signed minimum deals to try and win a championship. Bruce Brown took the qualifying offer to try and win a championship. What Kyrie is doing is a slap in the face to them and everyone else on the team.

Sometimes you have to do things you don't want to when you are part of a team (and of course in this case all Kyrie needs to do is get a shot that is good for both himself and everyone around him). And if Kyrie is that adamantly opposed to getting vaccinated, he should come out and say so. He should ask for a trade to a city without any COVID restrictions or he should simply retire if it means that much to him.

What he should not be doing is holding his team hostage and causing a circus right as the season starts over what was the overwhelming favorite to win the championship.
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,903

Post#67 » by BlazersBroncos » Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:36 pm

red96 wrote:Kyrie is like the Ricky Williams of the NBA. I think him retiring is a real possibility.

This is a huge disservece to Ricky Williams.

Williams used weed to combat bipolar disorder, anxiety disorder and physical pain. He walked away from the game because he believed it was the best path to create a healthy, fulfilling life. He liked, and likes, weed. There is nothing inherently wrong with anything Williams did. He is now a great speaker on topics of mental health. The dude is grounded and wise.

Irving is sick. He is sick in the head in a way that Ricky wasnt. He displays narcissistic traits and is peddling anti-science nonsense with a drizzle of conspiratorial insanity. He has displayed behavior that is dangerous, foolish and immature. Everywhere he goes he creates drama. Everywhere he goes he expects special treatment. He has nothing wise or interesting to add to the conversation.

Comparing Irving to Ricky Williams is a disservice to Williams and the man he is today. There is no comparison.
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
And1: 34,836

Post#68 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:43 pm

A bit unfair that Ambassador Prince Michael is not invited to the meeting with Nets brass, IMHO.

LofJ
RealGM
And1: 10,519

Post#69 » by LofJ » Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:51 pm

It won't happen for multiple reasons, but just imagine how hilarious it would be if Kyrie was traded to the Lakers for Westbrook...
Danny1616
General Manager
And1: 12,725

Post#70 » by Danny1616 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:02 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:

Kyrie and KD were getting bashed before they signed with the Nets...why is this hard for you to understand?

This isn't about the Nets, it's that Kyrie and KD are both extremely unlikeable divas.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#71 » by Hello Brooklyn » Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:42 pm

Danny1616 wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:

Kyrie and KD were getting bashed before they signed with the Nets...why is this hard for you to understand?

This isn't about the Nets, it's that Kyrie and KD are both extremely unlikeable divas.

I never said it was about the Nets. I just said it wouldn't be different if they were on the Knicks.

Get with the program.
Danny1616
General Manager

Post#72 » by Danny1616 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:43 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
Danny1616 wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:

I never said it was about the Nets. I just said it wouldn't be different if they were on the Knicks.

Get with the program.

He's 100% correct.

Knicks fans and media are way more ruthless.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#73 » by Hello Brooklyn » Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:45 pm

Danny1616 wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
Danny1616 wrote:

Get with the program.

He's 100% correct.

Yeah whatever.

Kyrie is the topic of every ESPN show and trending on Twitter almost everyday. There is no way it would be different.
RoyceDa59
RealGM
And1: 8,789

Post#74 » by RoyceDa59 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:48 pm

I’d imagine they just want answers more than anything.

What solutions exist, what have you tried? Did you speak with local jurisdiction? Can we get an exemption? What other ways can we get around these rules? Is the league doing anything. Do they want to? Have you talked to him about vaccine? What did he say? Etc.

If he can’t play, what are the plans?
Go Raps!!
Danny1616
General Manager

Post#75 » by Danny1616 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:49 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
Danny1616 wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:

Get with the program.

He's 100% correct.

Yeah whatever.

Kyrie is the topic of every ESPN show and trending on Twitter almost everyday. There is no way it would be different.

That's on the national level for ratings and clicks. Knicks media and fanbase would literally crucify him.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,820

Post#76 » by Texas Chuck » Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:49 pm

I'm glad the little Mavs are irrelevant outside of Luka and I guess Cuban a bit. Sure seems like a ton of wasted energy as the big market teams fans fight each other desperately to be the biggest victim.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Texas Chuck
And1: 88,820

Post#77 » by Texas Chuck » Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:49 pm

I'm glad the little Mavs are irrelevant outside of Luka and I guess Cuban a bit. Sure seems like a ton of wasted energy as the big market teams fans fight each other desperately to be the biggest victim.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Bob Ross
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,538

Post#78 » by Bob Ross » Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:50 pm

There are more Nets threads than there are Nets fans. Wild
longtallbrad
Junior
And1: 257

Post#79 » by longtallbrad » Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:53 pm

Do the Nets have a case for paying him half his salary if he plays half the games due to his own decision?
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,790

Post#80 » by Johnny Bball » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:02 pm

We're going to start to hear Kyrie trade rumours. That is for damn sure. If I was both of them I would ask them to explore the market and light a fire under Irving. All in or all out. He gets vaccinated and they want him on board for sure, he doesn't and he likely has no value anyway, but he needs to get his head right and seemingly this would be the threat to do so.

Return to The General Board