Kyrie Irving Megathread: [Latest] NETS Will Not Offer Irving $186M Extension

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Will Kyrie play this season?

Yes
48%
No
52%

Total votes: 240

djsunyc
RealGM
And1: 67,184

Re: Kyrie Irving Megathread: [Shams] Kyrie Will Not Play or Practice Until Fully Vaccinated 

Post#761 » by djsunyc » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:18 am

davey_wavy wrote:First time in my life I support Kyrie. Vax should be a choice, not a mandate.

it is a choice. he is not going to jail. but with every choice, there are consequences.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,987

Re: Kyrie Irving Megathread: [Shams] Kyrie Will Not Play or Practice Until Fully Vaccinated 

Post#762 » by zimpy27 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:19 am

Pharmcat wrote:
Free Rider wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:
I often wonder this

Preach. Even if you are someone who generally distrusts the Covid vaccine I don’t know why anyone would attach himself to Kyrie as a representative of their cause. Between the flat-earth beliefs he proudly asserted, his JFK assassination conspiracy theories, and his energy cleansing sage burning rituals, he’s proven himself to be a bit of nut job. Yet some people see him as some kind of modern-day civil rights leader.

I think he has a mental condition that hasn’t been diagnosed. Just my opinion but he’s real out there.

I think that is very possible or it has been diagnosed and is being managed best he can. It's hard to speculate on this but he definitely seems to have changed quite a bit over the years.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
infinite11285
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 25,618

Post#763 » by infinite11285 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:19 am

Joerezz7 wrote:
jg77 wrote:If you disagree with Kyrie on what he said then you’re on the wrong side of history

Half these people didn’t even watch when he was live on Instagram. They still yelling things about retirement and stuff like that when he addressed all that in his live video.

I'm curious...did he mention anything about wanting to bring a championship to BK?
jg77
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,422

Post#764 » by jg77 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:20 am

infinite11285 wrote:
Joerezz7 wrote:
jg77 wrote:If you disagree with Kyrie on what he said then you’re on the wrong side of history

Half these people didn’t even watch when he was live on Instagram. They still yelling things about retirement and stuff like that when he addressed all that in his live video.

I'm curious...did he mention anything about wanting to bring a championship to BK?

Yes.
bbalnation
Sixth Man
And1: 954

Re: Kyrie Irving Megathread: [Latest] NETS Will Not Offer Irving $186M Extension 

Post#765 » by bbalnation » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:20 am

Im vaccinated, and think there are be better ways of protesting. But the reality is, the medical system is part of the overarching system of racism. It hasn't done enough to address the pain, suffering and anger its caused certain communities, especially Black & Indigenous Lives.

Im not going to fault someone for how they react to the pain. Nor am I going to praise them. I think understand where hes coming from though. And damn man, a LOT of unnecessary abuse continuing to come his way.
infinite11285
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#766 » by infinite11285 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:21 am

jg77 wrote:
infinite11285 wrote:
Joerezz7 wrote:

Yes.

Then I expect he would ultimately get the vaccination and rejoin his team.
playoffs
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,953

Re: Kyrie Irving Megathread: [Latest] NETS Will Not Offer Irving $186M Extension 

Post#767 » by playoffs » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:21 am

infinite11285 wrote:
seren wrote:No blame on Kyrie. He should enjoy his life. It is obvious his heart is not in basketball. Let the dude enjoy his retirement

I wholeheartedly agree. Kyrie has found reasons to be a major distraction and miss games for several seasons now. He cares more about his causes than his teammates; so, retire and commit all of your time to your causes.

Yeah but the only reason anyone even pays attention to his nonsense is because he's wearing an NBA uniform.
Jordan45822
RealGM
And1: 1,796

Post#768 » by Jordan45822 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:22 am

So if the retiring crap is BS as he says than he would not say anything if traded . Right?
Joerezz7
Sixth Man
And1: 1,505

Post#769 » by Joerezz7 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:22 am

infinite11285 wrote:
Joerezz7 wrote:

Yea he did. He talked about all that and how he wants to bring a championship to BK. That’s my point that y’all didn’t watch the video. I was debating if I was going to make a thread or not notifying everyone he was live on Instagram but was unsure because I knew the video would only be 10-20 minutes.
GeorgeMarcus wrote:
GeorgeMarcus wrote:

There is nothing inherently different about winning in the Finals compared to winning other playoff seriess,
infinite11285
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#770 » by infinite11285 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:24 am

playoffs wrote:
infinite11285 wrote:
seren wrote:No blame on Kyrie. He should enjoy his life. It is obvious his heart is not in basketball. Let the dude enjoy his retirement

I wholeheartedly agree. Kyrie has found reasons to be a major distraction and miss games for several seasons now. He cares more about his causes than his teammates; so, retire and commit all of your time to your causes.

Yeah but the only reason anyone even pays attention to his nonsense is because he's wearing an NBA uniform.

That's true, and I believe that's why he won't retire. His platform won't be as prominent without the uniform.

I believe he's going to drag this out and end up getting the shot.
rtiff68
Veteran
And1: 3,725

Post#771 » by rtiff68 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:24 am

infinite11285 wrote:

…furthermore, I’d go as far as to say that his track record suggests that he cares about his “causes” 2nd and staying controversial and in the headlines 1st.

If “Hidden Valley” called back all of their Ranch dressing bottles produced over a 3 month period, and it made headlines because people didn’t want to give their Ranch dressing back, Kyrie would be boycotting the callback by sitting out games and refusing to comment to the media about it (outside of making SURE everyone knew he was boycotting).
SupaManu
Junior
And1: 986

Post#772 » by SupaManu » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:24 am

Yep of all people i never thought it would be Kyrie Irving standing up to the government in support of the rights and freedoms of the citizens of this country. Give away any rights or freedoms and the government ain’t giving them back. I am fully vaccinated, I’ve received the booster, i strongly recommend to all my patients to get the vaccine, but at the end of the day it should never be forced and kyrie is 100% on the right side of this issue.
SNPA
General Manager
And1: 7,244

Post#773 » by SNPA » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:26 am

Qyrie is a dummy. If you agree with him you should ask yourself why you agree with a dummy.

Nets are better off without him. What’s next? Flat earth, COVID, ???? Bigfoot?
NyKnicks1714
RealGM
And1: 24,461

Post#775 » by NyKnicks1714 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:30 am

Lol at the "wrong side of history" crowd. The pandemic has killed 740k people in the US and 5 million worldwide. Do people seriously believe that decades from now, people are going to look back on this time period and honor those who were fired because they wouldn't get vaccinated?
HumbleRen
RealGM
And1: 23,060

Post#776 » by HumbleRen » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:34 am

NyKnicks1714 wrote:Lol at the "wrong side of history" crowd. The pandemic has killed 740k people in the US and 5 million worldwide. Do people seriously believe that decades from now, people are going to look back on this time period and honor those who were fired because they wouldn't get vaccinated?

It's laughable lol. There's never been any global vaccine in human history that the anti vax side was ever on the right side of history.

You literally contribute to the betterment of humanity by getting your vaccine shots.
NirvanaFC
Veteran
And1: 2,600

Post#777 » by NirvanaFC » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:35 am

SupaManu wrote:

Yep of all people i never thought it would be Kyrie Irving standing up to the government in support of the rights and freedoms of the citizens of this country. Give away any rights or freedoms and the government ain’t giving them back. I am fully vaccinated, I’ve received the booster, i strongly recommend to all my patients to get the vaccine, but at the end of the day it should never be forced and kyrie is 100% on the right side of this issue.

Why do you people associate everything with rights and freedoms? Were you protesting the car seatbelt mandate too?
SNPA
General Manager
And1: 7,244

Post#778 » by SNPA » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:36 am

SupaManu wrote:

No one is being “forced.” Find a single case of an adult in the US being injected by use of force? People are being told certain jobs require it, don’t want it? Ok, there are consequences but someone literally forcing you to get injected isn’t one. You can quit, and get a different job. My understanding is even the military does forcibly inject someone, but there are other consequences.
Sprewell4Three
General Manager
And1: 4,771

Post#779 » by Sprewell4Three » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:37 am

This is rich people problems imo. If Kyrie was dead broke he wouldn't be thinking like this. Dude is sitting on generational wealth and worrying about world problems all the time. Dude get a grib and go to work.
NyKnicks1714
RealGM
And1: 24,461

Post#780 » by NyKnicks1714 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:38 am

Kyrie doesn't have as much to lose as it seems here. His worst case scenario is collecting $18 million and taking the year off before signing a max deal with another team. His best case scenario (from his POV) is the mandate gets lifted or changed such that he's able to play again this season.

Also, there's a chance that right now he's trying to figure out how to get vaccinated and rejoin the team, while somehow saving face.

Return to The General Board