Kyrie Irving Megathread: [Latest] NETS Will Not Offer Irving $186M Extension

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Will Kyrie play this season?

Yes
48%
No
52%

Total votes: 240

Balls Deep
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,294

Re: Kyrie Irving Megathread: [Latest] NETS Will Not Offer Irving $186M Extension 

Post#781 » by Balls Deep » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:40 am

Kyrie is an absolute disgrace of a human being
EliteSmarts
Pro Prospect
And1: 970

I respect Kyrie for having his beliefs and being his own person 

Post#782 » by EliteSmarts » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:42 am

I know there's Kyrie megathread but over 30 pages. I feel it's better to make seprate threads when new information arrives instead of sifting through pages after pages. Keeps the information more spread out and easier to gather and analyze imo

This is going to be controversial person. I respect for him having his beliefs and sticking with it, even if he's beliefs are idiotic and hurting his team. I don't think Kyrie is an idiot, I think he's smart. I think he's the type that likes to find different answers to common question and bring different perspectives to the question. I think he's trying to grow as person and wants to keep educating himself and also looks like he wants to be Voice for support.

Kyrie donated money to WNBA players when season got cancelled, he helped with his donation to build water centre to give clean water to people in Pakistan.

I think Kyrie might have mental issues like his mood swings for one and I hope he's getting help with that. But overall I appreciate Kyrie being himself, try to grow as person and always searching for new information.

If this doesn't deserve new thread, I aplogize, just wanted to get my thoughts across.
septahex
Pro Prospect
And1: 341

Re: Kyrie Irving Megathread: [Latest] NETS Will Not Offer Irving $186M Extension 

Post#783 » by septahex » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:42 am

Balls Deep wrote:Kyrie is an absolute disgrace of a human being
Does Kyrie not being vaccinated make your vaccine work less?
SNPA
General Manager
And1: 7,238

Post#784 » by SNPA » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:43 am

septahex wrote:

Yes. Mutations. Science. Check it out.
jg77
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,422

Re: Kyrie Irving Megathread: [Shams] Kyrie Will Not Play or Practice Until Fully Vaccinated 

Post#785 » by jg77 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:43 am

SNPA wrote:
SupaManu wrote:
jg77 wrote:If you disagree with Kyrie on what he said then you’re on the wrong side of history

Yep of all people i never thought it would be Kyrie Irving standing up to the government in support of the rights and freedoms of the citizens of this country. Give away any rights or freedoms and the government ain’t giving them back. I am fully vaccinated, I’ve received the booster, i strongly recommend to all my patients to get the vaccine, but at the end of the day it should never be forced and kyrie is 100% on the right side of this issue.

No one is being “forced.” Find a single case of an adult in the US being injected by use of force? People are being told certain jobs require it, don’t want it? Ok, there are consequences but someone literally forcing you to get injected isn’t one. You can quit, and get a different job. My understanding is even the military does forcibly inject someone, but there are other consequences.

That is pretty much forcing it. I don't remember any job ever asking if I had a vaccine or not. Telling someone to take a vaccine or lose their livelihood is an ultimatum. It's no easy to find a new job...I'm glad that some people can go job to job without any issues but not everyone is like that.
Loaded_Hollows
Starter
And1: 3,424

Post#786 » by Loaded_Hollows » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:44 am

HumbleRen wrote:
NyKnicks1714 wrote:Lol at the "wrong side of history" crowd. The pandemic has killed 740k people in the US and 5 million worldwide. Do people seriously believe that decades from now, people are going to look back on this time period and honor those who were fired because they wouldn't get vaccinated?

It's laughable lol. There's never been any global vaccine in human history that the anti vax side was ever on the right side of history.

You literally contribute to the betterment of humanity by getting your vaccine shots.

Or dying before procreating and spreading your stupidity to the next generation. I’m good with either.
SNPA
General Manager

Re: Kyrie Irving Megathread: [Shams] Kyrie Will Not Play or Practice Until Fully Vaccinated 

Post#787 » by SNPA » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:45 am

jg77 wrote:
SNPA wrote:
SupaManu wrote:Yep of all people i never thought it would be Kyrie Irving standing up to the government in support of the rights and freedoms of the citizens of this country. Give away any rights or freedoms and the government ain’t giving them back. I am fully vaccinated, I’ve received the booster, i strongly recommend to all my patients to get the vaccine, but at the end of the day it should never be forced and kyrie is 100% on the right side of this issue.

No one is being “forced.” Find a single case of an adult in the US being injected by use of force? People are being told certain jobs require it, don’t want it? Ok, there are consequences but someone literally forcing you to get injected isn’t one. You can quit, and get a different job. My understanding is even the military does forcibly inject someone, but there are other consequences.

That is pretty much forcing it. I don't remember any job ever asking if I had a vaccine or not. Telling someone to take a vaccine or lose their livelihood is an ultimatum. It's no easy to find a new job...I'm glad that some people can go job to job without any issues but not everyone is like that.

Some jobs requiring vaccination isn’t new.
septahex
Pro Prospect

Post#788 » by septahex » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:46 am

SNPA wrote:
septahex wrote:

Yes. Mutations. Science. Check it out.
Mutations among vaccinated select for a vaccine escape mutation.
Loaded_Hollows
Starter

Post#789 » by Loaded_Hollows » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:48 am

SupaManu wrote:
jg77 wrote:If you disagree with Kyrie on what he said then you’re on the wrong side of history

Yep of all people i never thought it would be Kyrie Irving standing up to the government in support of the rights and freedoms of the citizens of this country. Give away any rights or freedoms and the government ain’t giving them back. I am fully vaccinated, I’ve received the booster, i strongly recommend to all my patients to get the vaccine, but at the end of the day it should never be forced and kyrie is 100% on the right side of this issue.

A crazy quack doctor that doesn’t understand how pandemics work. This can only be one person…

jg77
Bench Warmer

Post#790 » by jg77 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:48 am

SNPA wrote:
jg77 wrote:
SNPA wrote:No one is being “forced.” Find a single case of an adult in the US being injected by use of force? People are being told certain jobs require it, don’t want it? Ok, there are consequences but someone literally forcing you to get injected isn’t one. You can quit, and get a different job. My understanding is even the military does forcibly inject someone, but there are other consequences.

Still not understanding why you would support mandates. Why would you want anyone to be given an ultimatum with taking a vax or losing their livelihood. In what world is that the right way to go about something?
infinite11285
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 25,618

Post#791 » by infinite11285 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:49 am

SupaManu wrote:
jg77 wrote:If you disagree with Kyrie on what he said then you're on the wrong side of history

Yep of all people i never thought it would be Kyrie Irving standing up to the government in support of the rights and freedoms of the citizens of this country. Give away any rights or freedoms and the government ain't giving them back. I am fully vaccinated, I've received the booster, i strongly recommend to all my patients to get the vaccine, but at the end of the day it should never be forced and Kyrie is 100% on the right side of this issue.

This is such a false narrative.

The NBA is not the government. The only government he's standing up to is the government of NY state. Not a single freedom or right is being infringed upon, nor is he being forced to do anything. The mere exercise of his protest shows the extent of his freedoms in and of itself. The great irony of the history of mandates of any kind shows that Kyrie is falling in the long-established line of dissenters. Kyrie isn't embarking on new territory. History shows that nearly every vaccine was railed against as a great government overreach and a means to strip freedoms; the same was said for requiring a license to operate a car or wear a seatbelt. Ultimately, everyone ends up falling in line as time passes. Unfortunately for him, a mandate as a condition of employment is a legal matter that's settled law and an established precedent decades old. Hell, I'd even argue this isn't a proper mandate given the fact Kyrie has a clear choice to play ball elsewhere. Nothing is stopping Kyrie from forcing a trade or playing in another league. Playing with the Nets isn't a right. But he made a point to threaten to retire if he doesn't remain specifically in a BK uniform. I've pondered why but gave up on trying to figuring out the enigma that is Kyrie Irving. This entire ordeal reeks of Kyrie wanting his cake and eating it too, which is an indication that this is more about him than his supposed fight.

I understand what Kyrie is trying to do, but he cherry-picked this mandate while turning a blind eye to the countless other mandates he's abided by over his lifetime. In this instance, his stance is fruitless because it won't change anything. A snowball would have a better chance in hell before NY drops the vaccine condition of employment on account of Kyrie Irving (or anyone else).
Noctilux
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,236

Re: I respect Kyrie for having his beliefs and being his own person 

Post#792 » by Noctilux » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:49 am

I agree with you. Kyrie has mental issues.
DTP
General Manager
And1: 6,765

Post#793 » by DTP » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:50 am

I hate that this has become everyone trying to bully Kyrie into doing something that he isn't comfortable doing. That's not my stance at all.....if he doesn't want to take the vaccine, then don't. But if that's required for him to be able to perform his job, then I don't feel bad that he isn't allowed to be with the team and play and I don't feel bad that he's forfeiting money over it. Ultimately, it is a personal choice...we live in a beautiful country where we as individuals get to decide and make that choice on our own. There are consequences for that though and Kyrie seems to be willing to take that, so lets all move on.

Kyrie, Wiggins, Beal, Isaac, Burke and no other NBA player owes us anything, so lets stop pretending they do. Brooklyn should be fine without him, they still have 2 top 5 players in the league and tons of other great veteran role players....I don't want to hear crying about them not having enough.

Can't wait for Tuesday to be here.
Loaded_Hollows
Starter

Post#794 » by Loaded_Hollows » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:50 am

jg77 wrote:
SNPA wrote:
SupaManu wrote:Yep of all people i never thought it would be Kyrie Irving standing up to the government in support of the rights and freedoms of the citizens of this country. Give away any rights or freedoms and the government ain’t giving them back. I am fully vaccinated, I’ve received the booster, i strongly recommend to all my patients to get the vaccine, but at the end of the day it should never be forced and kyrie is 100% on the right side of this issue.

HumbleRen
RealGM
And1: 23,059

Post#795 » by HumbleRen » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:50 am

Vaccines are literally mandated when you go to school as a child. This isn't new lol.
SNPA
General Manager

Post#796 » by SNPA » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:50 am

jg77 wrote:
SNPA wrote:
jg77 wrote:

Still not understanding why you would support mandates. Why would you want anyone to be given an ultimatum with taking a vax or losing their livelihood. In what world is that the right way to go about something?

In the world where that person’s job could put my grandma or immune compromised friends in danger of dying from destruction of their lungs. This is real straight forward stuff.
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,438

Post#797 » by RHODEY » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:51 am

EliteSmarts wrote:I know there's Kyrie megathread but over 30 pages. I feel it's better to make seprate threads when new information arrives instead of sifting through pages after pages. Keeps the information more spread out and easier to gather and analyze imo

This is going to be controversial person. I respect for him having his beliefs and sticking with it, even if he's beliefs are idiotic and hurting his team. I don't think Kyrie is an idiot, I think he's smart. I think he's the type that likes to find different answers to common question and bring different perspectives to the question. I think he's trying to grow as person and wants to keep educating himself and also looks like he wants to be Voice for support.

Kyrie donated money to WNBA players when season got cancelled, he helped with his donation to build water centre to give clean water to people in Pakistan.

I think Kyrie might have mental issues like his mood swings for one and I hope he's getting help with that. But overall I appreciate Kyrie being himself, try to grow as person and always searching for new information.

If this doesn't deserve new thread, I aplogize, just wanted to get my thoughts across.

I felt the same way until it was announced that he's not anti vaccine, he's just doing this for the people that are losing employment due to vaccine mandates. Now I feel he just doing this to appease his own ego.
MVP1992
Rookie
And1: 548

Post#798 » by MVP1992 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:52 am

Isn't there a Kyrie mega thread for all the Kyrie hot takes and trivial opinions?
Mr. Biden shot back: “You’ve got more questions? Well, I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you’re for me or Trump, then you ain’t Black.”
jg77
Bench Warmer

Post#799 » by jg77 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:53 am

SNPA wrote:
jg77 wrote:
SNPA wrote:Some jobs requiring vaccination isn’t new.

In the world where that person’s job could put my grandma or immune compromised friends in danger of dying from destruction of their lungs. This is real straight forward stuff.

Your grandma should be fine if she's taken the vax, right? And I suppose your immune compromised friends will have to lose their jobs as well since these mandates are pretty strict
septahex
Pro Prospect

Post#800 » by septahex » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:53 am

SNPA wrote:
jg77 wrote:
SNPA wrote:Some jobs requiring vaccination isn’t new.

Aren't they vaccinated? Otherwise your sickly relations/friends should stay pent up in their rooms instead of trying to impinge upon other people's bodily autonomy.

Return to The General Board