LeBron needs credit for winning with Kyrie

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Re: LeBron needs credit for winning with Kyrie 

Post#41 » by The_Hater » Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:03 am

BostonCouchGM wrote:in a weak East, in a rigged Finals in which Kyrie made the shot Lebron wouldn't and couldn't make to win it? Stop. I dislike Kyrie as well but Lebron is the biggest front-runner the NBA has ever seen

If you honestly think he NBA is rigged why would you waste time watching the sport. The WWE is waiting for you.

Some of you people make zero logical sense.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
jc23
RealGM
And1: 10,779

Post#42 » by jc23 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:31 am

or he needs to thank his stars he got a healthy Kyrie who could still be controlled at that time.
Be curious, Not judgmental
Harry Garris
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,475

Post#43 » by Harry Garris » Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:02 pm

iLLmatic860 wrote:
kbitboc wrote:Also, those Cleveland team with Irving and Love minus Lebron had a lottery winning percentage.

I remember in the finals, every time Lebron went to the bench...They looked like a lottery team lol

Kyrie could still run a pretty effective offense by himself. Kevin Love was never as good as advertised though.
bamheat
Senior
And1: 1,152

Post#44 » by bamheat » Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:11 pm

Not only Kyrie but he won with headcase Kevin Love too.

He came back down from 1-3 against the greatest team of all time with Love and Irving part of his "Big 3"

Thats by far the greatest accomplishment in sports history. It should be taught in schools as a part of history class. Lebron in 2016 was the peak of mental toughness in human anatomy.
flytimes11
Sophomore
And1: 177

Post#45 » by flytimes11 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:30 pm

Wow so let me get this straight. When Lebron lost to the warriors in 2015 the narrative was he didn't have kyrie, now the narrative is LeBron deserves even more credit for winning with Kyrie, who hit the series deciding shot and also outplayed the unanimous MVP. Wowzers and I bet LeBron stans agree with this take lol. What exactly did Lebron win in Cleveland without Kyrie?
MrBigShot
RealGM
And1: 17,064

Post#46 » by MrBigShot » Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:32 pm

narmerguy wrote:
DCasey91 wrote:Lebron has carried a lot of sub par players to championships

He’s also won with stars who was in their or out of prime and fell off quick.

Look at Bosh, Wade, Thompson, Love and Irving, Big Z, Hughes etc etc.

The before and after effect. Even roleplayers

Let’s be honest Delly is a hot potato lol

He really is the GOAT floor raiser.

I mean some lists without is such a bad bad team like number one pick convo lotto bad.

This is what is fascinating and unfortunate about Lebron's career. If you look on the surface, the names of the players he's played with sound breathtaking. But when you go in closer, for example looking at that Miami team, Wade and Bosh for half of that run were not playing at superstar levels despite their team being assembled with them taking up superstar portions of the cap. Similar for Kevin Love.

Compare this to someone like Durant, who, when he played with superstars like Steph or DPOY like Draymond, they actually delivered the performance commensurate with their reputation (and salary).

It is what it is, but it's interesting that LBJ really has had an exhausting level of responsibility on his supposed superteams. Even now, the current lakers look like doodoo (imo) and I suspect he will not be doing the coasting he and his fans imagined when this team was assembled.

It's a result of his style of play, LeBron warps the offense around himself. He has simultaneously been the floor general and #1 scoring option, so as a result he marginalizes other stars to an extent. Other stars can still excel playing with him (2011 Wade, 2020 AD, 2016 Kyrie) but its definitely an adjustment. But you obviously live with it because doing so has given his teams a good chance to compete for championships.

KD's style of play is about as portable as it gets for a superstar. He's an amazing off the ball player and can score from anywhere in any way. But I think ultimately most would agree a team spear headed by peak LeBron will always have a higher ceiling than with peak KD.
"They say you miss 100% of the shots you take" - Mike James
JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,373

Post#47 » by JonFromVA » Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:13 pm

Kyrie is both super-talented and problematic to build around. This has never not been the case, or else GM's around the league would have been stepping up to beat the Celtic's offer when Kyrie forced the Cavs to trade him.
JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,373

Post#48 » by JonFromVA » Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:27 pm

MrBigShot wrote:
narmerguy wrote:

I mean some lists without is such a bad bad team like number one pick convo lotto bad.

This is what is fascinating and unfortunate about Lebron's career. If you look on the surface, the names of the players he's played with sound breathtaking. But when you go in closer, for example looking at that Miami team, Wade and Bosh for half of that run were not playing at superstar levels despite their team being assembled with them taking up superstar portions of the cap. Similar for Kevin Love.

Compare this to someone like Durant, who, when he played with superstars like Steph or DPOY like Draymond, they actually delivered the performance commensurate with their reputation (and salary).

It is what it is, but it's interesting that LBJ really has had an exhausting level of responsibility on his supposed superteams. Even now, the current lakers look like doodoo (imo) and I suspect he will not be doing the coasting he and his fans imagined when this team was assembled.

It's a result of his style of play, LeBron warps the offense around himself. He has simultaneously been the floor general and #1 scoring option, so as a result he marginalizes other stars to an extent. Other stars can still excel playing with him (2011 Wade, 2020 AD, 2016 Kyrie) but its definitely an adjustment. But you obviously live with it because doing so has given his teams a good chance to compete for championships.

KD's style of play is about as portable as it gets for a superstar. He's an amazing off the ball player and can score from anywhere in any way. But I think ultimately most would agree a team spear headed by peak LeBron will always have a higher ceiling than with peak KD.

Fact is LeBron can win games with a lineup like Tristan Thompson, Timofey Mozgov, Matthew Dellevedova, and Iman Shumpert ... so, yes, everything else about a team will get warped to let him do that.

Kyrie is one of the only stars to put up bigger numbers after playing with LeBron and there's still no sign he can lead his own team anywhere. When he had the chance in the bubble he chose to stay home.
DCasey91
General Manager
And1: 5,312

Post#49 » by DCasey91 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:28 pm

MrBigShot wrote:
narmerguy wrote:

That’s the thing though Wade wasn’t the same after 13’ and Bosh same deal (could probably say earlier too) and AD/Kyrie played as good as you can get as a second option. Love same story with Wade/Bosh.

Would have love to have seen LBJ with a young All Star in the beginning stages of his career which he didn’t get.

Thing is give LBJ, Curry, Green, Klay, Iggy or basically any version of GSW from 14 onwards they would be the greatest modern team ever assembled because he’s so damn durable.

I mean LBJ with Curry and Klay is unbeatable.
Quattro
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,765

Post#50 » by Quattro » Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:32 pm

HypeMode wrote:We are at the point now that we should acknowledge that LeBron deserves extra credit for being able to lead a team to a championship while carrying Kyrie on the roster. Kyrie's career has been filled with drama and losing outside of the 3 years he played with LeBron. It's a testament to LeBron's leadership skills that he was able to get Kyrie to buy into the program and behave like a winning player. Kyrie has played 7 years in his career without LeBron and only has 2 playoff wins to show for it. So much for Kyrie being a "super teammate."

He carried Kyrie? You might want to look at Kyrie’s production during that finals. Say what you want about what is between his ears but the guy can play basketball particularly if he’s a second option.
NyKnicks1714
RealGM
And1: 24,192

Post#51 » by NyKnicks1714 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:36 pm

Quattro wrote:
HypeMode wrote:We are at the point now that we should acknowledge that LeBron deserves extra credit for being able to lead a team to a championship while carrying Kyrie on the roster. Kyrie's career has been filled with drama and losing outside of the 3 years he played with LeBron. It's a testament to LeBron's leadership skills that he was able to get Kyrie to buy into the program and behave like a winning player. Kyrie has played 7 years in his career without LeBron and only has 2 playoff wins to show for it. So much for Kyrie being a "super teammate."

He carried Kyrie? You might want to look at Kyrie’s production during that finals. Say what you want about what is between his ears but the guy can play basketball particularly if he’s a second option.

This misses the point though. OP is saying that Kyrie WAS producing while causing no problems while he was playing with LeBron. Now I don't know if LeBron had much to do with that, but pointing out that Kyrie played really well doesn't conflict with what the OP is saying.
Brandon_Roy7
Junior
And1: 235

Post#52 » by Brandon_Roy7 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:05 pm

Why there need to be credit? lmao. Lebron is one of the greatest, and I think most would agree. Idk why he needs "credit".
RiRuHoops
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,812

Post#53 » by RiRuHoops » Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:59 pm

Yeah, LeBron needs a ton of credit here, plus a cookie, and more help on his Lakers team.
BostonCouchGM
Head Coach
And1: 4,857

Post#54 » by BostonCouchGM » Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:21 pm

The_Hater wrote:
BostonCouchGM wrote:in a weak East, in a rigged Finals in which Kyrie made the shot Lebron wouldn't and couldn't make to win it? Stop. I dislike Kyrie as well but Lebron is the biggest front-runner the NBA has ever seen

If you honestly think he NBA is rigged why would you waste time watching the sport. The WWE is waiting for you.

Some of you people make zero logical sense.

same reason I watch movies and television? Same reason why people watch the WWE?! I mean, is this a real question? I still like watching world class athletes playing a game I myself played growing up. And it's not rigged as egregiously during the regular season.
PistolPeteJR
RealGM
And1: 9,224

Post#55 » by PistolPeteJR » Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:36 pm

flytimes11 wrote:Wow so let me get this straight. When Lebron lost to the warriors in 2015 the narrative was he didn't have kyrie, now the narrative is LeBron deserves even more credit for winning with Kyrie, who hit the series deciding shot and also outplayed the unanimous MVP. Wowzers and I bet LeBron stans agree with this take lol. What exactly did Lebron win in Cleveland without Kyrie?

/thread
Pennebaker
Head Coach
And1: 5,577

Post#56 » by Pennebaker » Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:18 am

He's getting more and more credit for that with each passing day.

Kyrie is a very difficult person to deal with.
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 13,954

Post#57 » by KnicksGadfly » Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:19 am

Quattro wrote:

No one's talking about Kyrie's skills. He's talking about Kyrie's lack of teamwork and need to be managed and overall craziness.
Quattro
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,765

Post#58 » by Quattro » Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:06 pm

KnicksGadfly wrote:
Quattro wrote:

No one's talking about Kyrie's skills. He's talking about Kyrie's lack of teamwork and need to be managed and overall craziness.

He probably does deserve some leadership credit for that although tough to say. Some of it may have been Kyrie deferring to a vet and keeping his mouth shut while some may be that Kyrie just wasn’t confident enough at that stage in his career to let his crazy out. Who knows.
Mickey8
Head Coach
And1: 5,168

Post#59 » by Mickey8 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:11 pm

Poor Lebron never gets credit for anything :cry:
LivingLegend
Head Coach
And1: 7,745

Post#60 » by LivingLegend » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:36 pm

I am so glad the Cavs got the best version of Kyrie