LeBron needs credit for winning with Kyrie

Moderators: bisme37, Dirk, ken6199, Domejandro, KingDavid, zimpy27, jamaalstar21, Harry Garris, bwgood77, infinite11285

User avatar
DusterBuster
RealGM
Posts: 28,497
And1: 13,083
Joined: Jan 31, 2010
   

Re: LeBron needs credit for winning with Kyrie 

Post#21 » by DusterBuster » Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:46 am

kbitboc wrote:Also, those Cleveland team with Irving and Love minus Lebron had a lottery winning percentage.


There was no Cleveland team with Irving and Love minus LeBron. Those two were only together when LeBron was around.

That said, you're totally right, even if Cleveland with Irving pre-Bron return had added prime Love, they still would have just barely scraped into the playoffs. Irving got pretty overrated because of LeBron returning to Cleveland. Any place he's gone where he's had to be "the guy", it's never been all that successful.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
User avatar
shotsquatch
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,356
And1: 2,494
Joined: Oct 02, 2020
   

Re: LeBron needs credit for winning with Kyrie 

Post#22 » by shotsquatch » Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:47 am

LeBron might have the strongest locker room presence in the entire league. If anybody could keep Kyrie in line, it's him.
User avatar
Dr Aki
RealGM
Posts: 31,061
And1: 22,026
Joined: Mar 03, 2008
Location: Sydney, Australia
   

Re: LeBron needs credit for winning with Kyrie 

Post#23 » by Dr Aki » Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:00 am

i mean, he did beat a 73 win team

how much more credit does lebron need?
Image
TheDavinciCHODE
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,438
And1: 1,576
Joined: Aug 04, 2015
 

Re: LeBron needs credit for winning with Kyrie 

Post#24 » by TheDavinciCHODE » Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:00 am

what does Lebron NOT deserve credit for?
The_Hater
RealGM
Posts: 85,260
And1: 39,803
Joined: May 23, 2001
     

Re: LeBron needs credit for winning with Kyrie 

Post#25 » by The_Hater » Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:05 am

We should remember that before Bron joined the Cavs, neither Kyrie or Love had ever played a single playoff game. 4 seasons for Kyrie.

Yet I’ve actually seen Bron haters post, with a straight face, that Kyrie was their MVP.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.


April 14th, 2019.
LakersLegacy
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,115
And1: 2,703
Joined: Apr 27, 2015
   

Re: LeBron needs credit for winning with Kyrie 

Post#26 » by LakersLegacy » Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:40 am

HypeMode wrote:We are at the point now that we should acknowledge that LeBron deserves extra credit for being able to lead a team to a championship while carrying Kyrie on the roster. Kyrie's career has been filled with drama and losing outside of the 3 years he played with LeBron. It's a testament to LeBron's leadership skills that he was able to get Kyrie to buy into the program and behave like a winning player. Kyrie has played 7 years in his career without LeBron and only has 2 playoff wins to show for it. So much for Kyrie being a "super teammate."


Kyrie got the Cavs back in the series by putting up 40 first. And LeBron gets tons of credit for it already
60odbye Kobe
BostonCouchGM
Analyst
Posts: 3,178
And1: 2,318
Joined: Jun 07, 2018

Re: LeBron needs credit for winning with Kyrie 

Post#27 » by BostonCouchGM » Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:02 am

in a weak East, in a rigged Finals in which Kyrie made the shot Lebron wouldn't and couldn't make to win it? Stop. I dislike Kyrie as well but Lebron is the biggest front-runner the NBA has ever seen
BostonCouchGM
Analyst
Posts: 3,178
And1: 2,318
Joined: Jun 07, 2018

Re: LeBron needs credit for winning with Kyrie 

Post#28 » by BostonCouchGM » Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:05 am

The_Hater wrote:We should remember that before Bron joined the Cavs, neither Kyrie or Love had ever played a single playoff game. 4 seasons for Kyrie.

Yet I’ve actually seen Bron haters post, with a straight face, that Kyrie was their MVP.


Kyrie was 19, 20 and 21 y/o...surrounded by the worst talent in the NBA during those years. Why are Lebron Stans so insecure?
HypeMode
Sophomore
Posts: 218
And1: 1,077
Joined: Nov 24, 2019

Re: LeBron needs credit for winning with Kyrie 

Post#29 » by HypeMode » Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:26 am

BostonCouchGM wrote:in a weak East, in a rigged Finals in which Kyrie made the shot Lebron wouldn't and couldn't make to win it? Stop. I dislike Kyrie as well but Lebron is the biggest front-runner the NBA has ever seen

The Biggest frontrunner in history which is why he murdered the Boston Celtics soul in Game 6 of the 2012 ECF down 3-2




If that is not enough evidence that LeBron is a frontrunner, how about we look at 2018 ECF against Boston down 3-2 again. How did LeBron perform on the road in Boston for Game 7 without Kyrie or Love on his team. Let's see the highlights to find out.

art_tatum
Veteran
Posts: 2,671
And1: 2,254
Joined: Jun 01, 2018
 

Re: LeBron needs credit for winning with Kyrie 

Post#30 » by art_tatum » Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:44 am

Naw kyrie was the reason they turned the 3-1 deficit around. He played badly the first few games and had a all time performance in the last few. Imo 2nd best player in that series and just as important as lebron.
User avatar
narmerguy
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,555
And1: 2,988
Joined: Dec 27, 2010

Re: LeBron needs credit for winning with Kyrie 

Post#31 » by narmerguy » Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:48 am

DCasey91 wrote:Lebron has carried a lot of sub par players to championships

He’s also won with stars who was in their or out of prime and fell off quick.

Look at Bosh, Wade, Thompson, Love and Irving, Big Z, Hughes etc etc.

The before and after effect. Even roleplayers

Let’s be honest Delly is a hot potato lol

He really is the GOAT floor raiser.

I mean some lists without is such a bad bad team like number one pick convo lotto bad.


This is what is fascinating and unfortunate about Lebron's career. If you look on the surface, the names of the players he's played with sound breathtaking. But when you go in closer, for example looking at that Miami team, Wade and Bosh for half of that run were not playing at superstar levels despite their team being assembled with them taking up superstar portions of the cap. Similar for Kevin Love.

Compare this to someone like Durant, who, when he played with superstars like Steph or DPOY like Draymond, they actually delivered the performance commensurate with their reputation (and salary).

It is what it is, but it's interesting that LBJ really has had an exhausting level of responsibility on his supposed superteams. Even now, the current lakers look like doodoo (imo) and I suspect he will not be doing the coasting he and his fans imagined when this team was assembled.
Image
donnieme
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,140
And1: 6,015
Joined: Feb 27, 2012

Re: LeBron needs credit for winning with Kyrie 

Post#32 » by donnieme » Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:49 am

LakersLegacy wrote:
HypeMode wrote:We are at the point now that we should acknowledge that LeBron deserves extra credit for being able to lead a team to a championship while carrying Kyrie on the roster. Kyrie's career has been filled with drama and losing outside of the 3 years he played with LeBron. It's a testament to LeBron's leadership skills that he was able to get Kyrie to buy into the program and behave like a winning player. Kyrie has played 7 years in his career without LeBron and only has 2 playoff wins to show for it. So much for Kyrie being a "super teammate."


Kyrie got the Cavs back in the series by putting up 40 first. And LeBron gets tons of credit for it already

They both put up 40 in that game. He didn't put up 40 first. Kyrie however helped bury it in the 4th, difference was Lebron would drop consecutive 40 pieces and close out the 4th in the next game. It wasn't a one man series and Kyrie's 40 wasn't a one man win either.
Kingdibs19
Pro Prospect
Posts: 866
And1: 1,525
Joined: Aug 30, 2019

Re: LeBron needs credit for winning with Kyrie 

Post#33 » by Kingdibs19 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:57 am

OP is right.

Of course people trying to spin the narrative that Kyrie only become a nut job AFTER they had won the chip.

He went days without talking to teammates during the playoffs
https://www.businessinsider.com/kyrie-irving-didnt-talk-to-teammates-playoffs-2017-8

Rather than celebrating with his teammates he just went to battle with. He called Kobe Bryant as soon as the game was over.
https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/kyrie-irving-facetimed-kobe-bryant-after-cavs-won-championship/

Irving also got Waiters traded and may have got into a fight with him
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2900785-report-kyrie-irving-dion-waiters-always-disliked-each-other-while-with-cavs

Point is Kyrie always been crazy. We just didn’t know how much until he had left Lebron.
Ben-N1ce
RealGM
Posts: 16,607
And1: 13,764
Joined: Jul 18, 2009
       

Re: LeBron needs credit for winning with Kyrie 

Post#34 » by Ben-N1ce » Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:01 am

Kyrie had his best season ever last year.KD deserves alot of credit.
User avatar
God Squad
General Manager
Posts: 8,353
And1: 4,710
Joined: Feb 22, 2010
Location: Toronto
 

Re: LeBron needs credit for winning with Kyrie 

Post#35 » by God Squad » Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:34 am

Lebron fans always looking for reasons to heap praise on him.

FOH
Image
User avatar
Side beard
Analyst
Posts: 3,506
And1: 2,211
Joined: Jan 16, 2010
 

Re: LeBron needs credit for winning with Kyrie 

Post#36 » by Side beard » Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:54 am

NYKat wrote:He’s the Tom Cruise/Kanye West of basketball

What are you talking about

Unlike Kyrie, Cruise and West do their job.
NYKat
General Manager
Posts: 9,581
And1: 2,965
Joined: Sep 30, 2009

Re: LeBron needs credit for winning with Kyrie 

Post#37 » by NYKat » Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:25 am

BostonCouchGM wrote:
The_Hater wrote:We should remember that before Bron joined the Cavs, neither Kyrie or Love had ever played a single playoff game. 4 seasons for Kyrie.

Yet I’ve actually seen Bron haters post, with a straight face, that Kyrie was their MVP.


Kyrie was 19, 20 and 21 y/o...surrounded by the worst talent in the NBA during those years. Why are Lebron Stans so insecure?


This dude has not sniffed winning since he left Bron, the C’s were better when he was gone
User avatar
Lalouie
RealGM
Posts: 13,323
And1: 6,311
Joined: May 12, 2017

Re: LeBron needs credit for winning with Kyrie 

Post#38 » by Lalouie » Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:20 am

no one gets credit for playing with any other pain in the @$$ player

that's just dumb
MambaVenom24
Freshman
Posts: 54
And1: 61
Joined: Mar 09, 2013

Re: LeBron needs credit for winning with Kyrie 

Post#39 » by MambaVenom24 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:49 am

The lengths that the stans will go in order to prop leflop always surprises me, but you just inspired me to create a similar thread, it can't be more cringe than this one.
fourtyounce48
Junior
Posts: 323
And1: 182
Joined: Nov 29, 2007
Location: NorCal
   

Re: LeBron needs credit for winning with Kyrie 

Post#40 » by fourtyounce48 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:36 am

narmerguy wrote:
DCasey91 wrote:Lebron has carried a lot of sub par players to championships

He’s also won with stars who was in their or out of prime and fell off quick.

Look at Bosh, Wade, Thompson, Love and Irving, Big Z, Hughes etc etc.

The before and after effect. Even roleplayers

Let’s be honest Delly is a hot potato lol

He really is the GOAT floor raiser.

I mean some lists without is such a bad bad team like number one pick convo lotto bad.


This is what is fascinating and unfortunate about Lebron's career. If you look on the surface, the names of the players he's played with sound breathtaking. But when you go in closer, for example looking at that Miami team, Wade and Bosh for half of that run were not playing at superstar levels despite their team being assembled with them taking up superstar portions of the cap. Similar for Kevin Love.

Compare this to someone like Durant, who, when he played with superstars like Steph or DPOY like Draymond, they actually delivered the performance commensurate with their reputation (and salary).

It is what it is, but it's interesting that LBJ really has had an exhausting level of responsibility on his supposed superteams. Even now, the current lakers look like doodoo (imo) and I suspect he will not be doing the coasting he and his fans imagined when this team was assembled.


This is what happens when you play Lebronball. Every star player that Lebron has played with sacrificed personal stats to benefit Lebron.
Night hides the world, but reveals a universe.

Return to The General Board