Houston Rockets HAVE DONE IT AGAIN!

Moderators: bisme37, Dirk, ken6199, Domejandro, KingDavid, zimpy27, jamaalstar21, Harry Garris, bwgood77, infinite11285

Will Houston Rockets produce another title contender within next 4 years?

Yes, I like their young talent and how they rebuilt their team
25
38%
No, their talent is overrated and are going to be terrible for next 3 years
41
62%
 
Total votes: 66

EliteSmarts
Senior
Posts: 530
And1: 547
Joined: Nov 21, 2018
   

Houston Rockets HAVE DONE IT AGAIN! 

Post#1 » by EliteSmarts » Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:17 pm

90s was Hakeem, Horry, Maxwell Kenny Smith & Clyde Drexler
00s was McGrady, Yao, Battier, Rafer Alston & Luis Scola
2010s was Harden, Howard, Ariza,Paul, PJ Tucker, Eric Gordon

Rockets, underrated top tier organization has found their next generation of Contenders
Green, Wood, Porter Jr, Senguin, (2022 Top 5 Pick)

I love their draft this year. I think Jalen Green is going to be top 10 player in the league. He's Vince Carter 2.0
Senguin was steal of draft, going to be great offensive talent in the league.

Usman Garuba is a fantastic versatile defender. If he can develop a jumper, that's PJ Tucker 2.0

Wood was very good last year and looks like Porter Jr has turned the corner, 50 points and 11 ast game shows great promise!

Rockets know how to transition from Contender to next generation of Contender and this will be the latest example

I like Stephen Silas as head coach. He had 20 years of experience in the NBA prior to getting the job. He might not be the long term answer but I think he's great for the development of the team. Similiar to how Brett Brown for 76ers and Mark Jackson for Warriors

Rafael Stone in his first year has done a fantastic job. Good signings and fantastic draft, he's looking like up coming star GM!

Getting Kevin Porter Jr for protected 2nd round pick could turn out to be one of biggest heists in past 10 years!

Houston Rockets are building their next generation of Title Contenders and I'm so excited to follow their progress!

Houston Rockets fans be excited y'all!
User avatar
stormi
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,464
And1: 3,589
Joined: Jun 04, 2019
Location: busy making chaeyoung fancams
 

Re: Houston Rockets HAVE DONE IT AGAIN! 

Post#2 » by stormi » Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:20 pm

One shortened pandemic seasons worth of suffer was all it took for the Rockets to transition from elite generational franchise pillar superstar James Harden to another young dynamic guard in Jalen Green with all world potential.

Fans are super lucky.
User avatar
Edrees
RealGM
Posts: 14,078
And1: 8,785
Joined: May 12, 2009
Contact:
         

Re: Houston Rockets HAVE DONE IT AGAIN! 

Post#3 » by Edrees » Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:21 pm

They have done a good job of rebuilding without ever having to tank long term. But it still reminds to be seen if that's true this time. They had 1 tank year but we'll see how this year goes.
Shock Defeat
General Manager
Posts: 8,324
And1: 14,517
Joined: Aug 30, 2012
       

Re: Houston Rockets HAVE DONE IT AGAIN! 

Post#4 » by Shock Defeat » Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:23 pm

OP never mentioned that the Nets are more likely to implode. Kyrie is a goofball and might leave the team. All it takes is one KD injury and the Nets big 3 are all gone. Rockets own all their draft picks.
DCasey91
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,392
And1: 2,684
Joined: Dec 15, 2020
   

Re: Houston Rockets HAVE DONE IT AGAIN! 

Post#5 » by DCasey91 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:24 pm

EliteSmarts wrote:90s was Hakeem, Horry, Maxwell Kenny Smith & Clyde Drexler
00s was McGrady, Yao, Battier, Rafer Alston & Luis Scola
2010s was Harden, Howard, Ariza,Paul, PJ Tucker, Eric Gordon

Rockets, underrated top tier organization has found their next generation of Contenders
Green, Wood, Porter Jr, Senguin, (2022 Top 5 Pick)

I love their draft this year. I think Jalen Green is going to be top 10 player in the league. He's Vince Carter 2.0
Senguin was steal of draft, going to be great offensive talent in the league.

Usman Garuba is a fantastic versatile defender. If he can develop a jumper, that's PJ Tucker 2.0

Wood was very good last year and looks like Porter Jr has turned the corner, 50 points and 11 ast game shows great promise!

Rockets know how to transition from Contender to next generation of Contender and this will be the latest example

I like Stephen Silas as head coach. He had 20 years of experience in the NBA prior to getting the job. He might not be the long term answer but I think he's great for the development of the team. Similiar to how Brett Brown for 76ers and Mark Jackson for Warriors

Rafael Stone in his first year has done a fantastic job. Good signings and fantastic draft, he's looking like up coming star GM!

Getting Kevin Porter Jr for protected 2nd round pick could turn out to be one of biggest heists in past 10 years!

Houston Rockets are building their next generation of Title Contenders and I'm so excited to follow their progress!

Houston Rockets fans be excited y'all!


Wait and see Rockets GM killed it though (Love Green but Mobley is the distinct top talent in the draft). Built a starting squad in one draft lol

Also don’t sleep on Josh Christopher at all
EliteSmarts
Senior
Posts: 530
And1: 547
Joined: Nov 21, 2018
   

Re: Houston Rockets HAVE DONE IT AGAIN! 

Post#6 » by EliteSmarts » Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:25 pm

stormi wrote:One shortened pandemic seasons worth of suffer was all it took for the Rockets to transition from elite generational franchise pillar superstar James Harden to another young dynamic guard in Jalen Green with all world potential.

Fans are super lucky.

Rebuild was quick but shouldn't be surprising. Rockets have been one of best organizations in NBA! Historically I say top 5. They find star talent and properly build around the star talent.
Bornstellar
Analyst
Posts: 3,387
And1: 7,760
Joined: Mar 05, 2018
 

Re: Houston Rockets HAVE DONE IT AGAIN! 

Post#7 » by Bornstellar » Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:25 pm

Jesus Christ can they play 1 regular season game before we start with this nonsense?
EliteSmarts
Senior
Posts: 530
And1: 547
Joined: Nov 21, 2018
   

Re: Houston Rockets HAVE DONE IT AGAIN! 

Post#8 » by EliteSmarts » Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:26 pm

Shock Defeat wrote:OP never mentioned that the Nets are more likely to implode. Kyrie is a goofball and might leave the team. All it takes is one KD injury and the Nets big 3 are all gone. Rockets own all their draft picks.

That's great point as well!
EliteSmarts
Senior
Posts: 530
And1: 547
Joined: Nov 21, 2018
   

Re: Houston Rockets HAVE DONE IT AGAIN! 

Post#9 » by EliteSmarts » Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:27 pm

Bornstellar wrote:Jesus Christ can they play 1 regular season game before we start with this nonsense?

Nope! I'm starting the hype train early!
nanokooshball
Ballboy
Posts: 46
And1: 126
Joined: Jul 11, 2014
 

Re: Houston Rockets HAVE DONE IT AGAIN! 

Post#10 » by nanokooshball » Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:28 pm

Should have gotten Caris Lavert instead of Oladipo in the trade..... I don't understand why....
nikster
General Manager
Posts: 8,588
And1: 7,168
Joined: Sep 08, 2013

Re: Houston Rockets HAVE DONE IT AGAIN! 

Post#11 » by nikster » Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:30 pm

Way too early for this. I love Greens potential but we actually have to see him play, that goes for the other young picks. Wood is only signed for 2 more years so he could be gone well before any of these young guys develop into impact players.

This is the same organization that has a cost cutting owner who was part of the reason their most recent contender was blown up
MoneyTalks41890
RealGM
Posts: 21,617
And1: 11,522
Joined: Oct 13, 2009
 

Re: Houston Rockets HAVE DONE IT AGAIN! 

Post#12 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:31 pm

Getting super lucky in the lottery has a lot to do with it. Green looks great. Too early for a lot of the others.
User avatar
_qubik
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,933
And1: 1,019
Joined: Sep 21, 2020
   

Re: Houston Rockets HAVE DONE IT AGAIN! 

Post#13 » by _qubik » Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:40 pm

both options are very drastical, though they are a great franchise, and collected a great bunch of talent in a small time span, they will be bad until those guys develop, but then they will probably be a very good team, dont know with a top contender, title favorite kind of team, but those young guys are very promising, great to see
illuminati666
Veteran
Posts: 2,916
And1: 4,417
Joined: Sep 28, 2014
 

Re: Houston Rockets HAVE DONE IT AGAIN! 

Post#14 » by illuminati666 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:48 pm

I voted yes but idk about the 4 years part. Maybe a bit longer than that. But Houston does a great job of putting together talent, its a big city and can draw FAs (plus no state tax). I like Silas, Jalen Green is a stud, looking like a #1 pick. They're on the right track but still a ways to go so a little early for this discussion.
User avatar
canz55
Senior
Posts: 619
And1: 641
Joined: Aug 13, 2020
       

Re: Houston Rockets HAVE DONE IT AGAIN! 

Post#15 » by canz55 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:08 am

Green was irrelevant against my Raptors who were defending with length - but again; it was preseason.

Sent from my SM-G998W using RealGM mobile app
ImageWe the Champs...
User avatar
ocelot17
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,944
And1: 2,915
Joined: Feb 28, 2010
Location: Houston, Tx
   

Re: Houston Rockets HAVE DONE IT AGAIN! 

Post#16 » by ocelot17 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:12 am

Shock Defeat wrote:OP never mentioned that the Nets are more likely to implode. Kyrie is a goofball and might leave the team. All it takes is one KD injury and the Nets big 3 are all gone. Rockets own all their draft picks.


Read on Twitter
?s=21

Read on Twitter
?s=21
DaPessimist
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,405
And1: 5,474
Joined: Feb 08, 2018
Location: HB, CA
       

Re: Houston Rockets HAVE DONE IT AGAIN! 

Post#17 » by DaPessimist » Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:13 am

Young teams don't win in the NBA. This Rockets team, regardless of talent, will be at the bottom of the Western Conference for years to come.
Karate Diop
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,833
And1: 5,294
Joined: May 19, 2017
 

Re: Houston Rockets HAVE DONE IT AGAIN! 

Post#18 » by Karate Diop » Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:14 am

Eh... They still project to be awful for the foreseeable future. They'll be a bottom 10 team this year for sure.
User avatar
GrindCityHustle
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,268
And1: 1,177
Joined: May 05, 2019
 

Re: Houston Rockets HAVE DONE IT AGAIN! 

Post#19 » by GrindCityHustle » Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:27 am

nanokooshball wrote:Should have gotten Caris Lavert instead of Oladipo in the trade..... I don't understand why....


getting Kevin Porter for nothing basically made up for that.
Image
User avatar
Moahst
Senior
Posts: 637
And1: 528
Joined: Jul 23, 2010
 

Re: Houston Rockets HAVE DONE IT AGAIN! 

Post#20 » by Moahst » Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:18 am

I, too, have been impressed with the Rockets ability to reload over the years.

Return to The General Board