76ers back to fining Ben Simmons

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

dhsilv2
RealGM
And1: 22,508

Re: 76ers back to fining Ben Simmons 

Post#1041 » by dhsilv2 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:04 pm

Nuntius wrote:
dhsilv2 wrote:What did ownership and the FO do? They don't own media...and what evidence do you have about instructing media?

Come on now. You really think that teams have absolutely zero input on what the team's beat writers publish? That they don't influence the narratives that they push? Every team does that, not just the Sixers.

dhsilv2 wrote:So far we just know that Morrey wants Ben back...he even resigned Green who is a Ben Simmons complement, so he spent millions and millions on a guy FOR BEN SIMMONS!!!!!!!!!!!!

There's an old saying that you can tell someone's priorities by looking at their bank account. The 76er's bank account says they LOVE ben and want him back.

Green is a very experienced veteran who also fits perfectly with Embiid. You can believe that Morey wants Ben back all you want, it's your right, but as I've said before we fully disagree on this. Morey wants Ben gone. 100%. He just wants to win the trade more than he wants to get rid for him which is why he won't trade him for something that he considers to be lower than his value (which also means that he will fail to get a deal done because no one is giving up the stuff that Morey wants for Simmons).[/quot

Green isn't the right piece for that price with embidd lol. ZERO logic there lol.
Nuntius
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,351

Post#1042 » by Nuntius » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:08 pm

dhsilv2 wrote:Green isn't the right piece for that price with embidd lol. ZERO logic there lol.

Why not? Danny Green is an excellent 3-point shooter and a plus perimeter defender and that's what you need to put alongside a star Center like Embiid.
"No wolf shall keep his secrets, no bird shall dance the skyline
And I am left with nothing but an oath that gleams like a sword
To bathe in the blood of man
Mankind..."

She Painted Fire Across the Skyline, Part 3
- Agalloch
dhsilv2
RealGM

Post#1043 » by dhsilv2 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:23 pm

Nuntius wrote:
dhsilv2 wrote:Green isn't the right piece for that price with embidd lol. ZERO logic there lol.

Why not? Danny Green is an excellent 3-point shooter and a plus perimeter defender and that's what you need to put alongside a star Center like Embiid.

For his salary, no they need play makers if they don't have ben.
Nuntius
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1044 » by Nuntius » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:18 pm

dhsilv2 wrote:
Nuntius wrote:

I'd say that that they need players who can create both for themselves and for others. A full-fledged shot-creator, not just a playmaker. Simmons was a playmaker but it didn't work since he couldn't create for themselves. And I'm really not sure that they could find that player for the cap they had this summer.
Mankind..."

- Agalloch
dhsilv2
RealGM

Post#1045 » by dhsilv2 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:29 pm

Nuntius wrote:
dhsilv2 wrote:
Nuntius wrote:

I'd say that that they need players who can create both for themselves and for others. A full-fledged shot-creator, not just a playmaker. Simmons was a playmaker but it didn't work since he couldn't create for themselves. And I'm really not sure that they could find that player for the cap they had this summer.

Well guys who can do both are going to cost more than 10 million a year. Green does neither though. He's a floor spacer which works with Embiid, but clearly he was an ideal fit next to Simmons.
jstross
Senior
And1: 247

Post#1046 » by jstross » Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:29 pm

We'll know more after the 12/15 deadline, but not much more. It's clear any trade package is going to have to be pick heavy since I just don't see teams giving up much as far as talent for him.
hoosierdaddy34
Head Coach
And1: 5,726

Post#1047 » by hoosierdaddy34 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:16 am

Saw this report, don’t know how legit it is but passing it along…

Ben Simmons is apparently broke and his cash flow problems could force him to return to the Philadelphia 76ers, according to Howard Eskin.

Now
"I was told by somebody very reliable he may be tapped out, broke," Eskin said on Tuesday's 94WIP Evening Show with Joe Giglio. "Cash flow broke. Because he's losing so much money, but he spent so much money. 17.5 million dollar home, remember he has to pay taxes too. 17.5 million dollar home. He's got two homes in the Philadelphia area, probably worth eight or nine million. He buys a new car every month, four or five hundred thousand. He just spends money like it's nothing because he thinks it never ends. And the person that told, it's very reliable that he has got serious cash flow issues.

"Remember this trip, he doesn't get paid for any games, so that's well over two million," Eskin continued. "He may have to come back. I don't want him to come back, stay broke...I thought he was going to be out the whole year, now he may have to come back just to get some money."
Tomjas
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,173

Post#1048 » by Tomjas » Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:05 am

hoosierdaddy34 wrote:Saw this report, don’t know how legit it is but passing it along…

Ben Simmons is apparently broke and his cash flow problems could force him to return to the Philadelphia 76ers, according to Howard Eskin.

Now
"I was told by somebody very reliable he may be tapped out, broke," Eskin said on Tuesday's 94WIP Evening Show with Joe Giglio. "Cash flow broke. Because he's losing so much money, but he spent so much money. 17.5 million dollar home, remember he has to pay taxes too. 17.5 million dollar home. He's got two homes in the Philadelphia area, probably worth eight or nine million. He buys a new car every month, four or five hundred thousand. He just spends money like it's nothing because he thinks it never ends. And the person that told, it's very reliable that he has got serious cash flow issues.

"Remember this trip, he doesn't get paid for any games, so that's well over two million," Eskin continued. "He may have to come back. I don't want him to come back, stay broke...I thought he was going to be out the whole year, now he may have to come back just to get some money."

It’s nonsense

Do the math
God Squad
RealGM
And1: 10,184

Post#1049 » by God Squad » Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:25 am

hoosierdaddy34 wrote:Saw this report, don’t know how legit it is but passing it along…

Now

Without knowing Ben's spending habits or any of his financials for that matter, I'd call BS. I'd like to think he has enough put aside and multiple investments. I'm sure money gonna get tight eventually, but i'd think he's good until at least trade deadline.
Tomjas
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,173

Post#1050 » by Tomjas » Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:42 am

God Squad wrote:

Now

Without knowing Ben's spending habits or any of his financials for that matter, I'd call BS. I'd like to think he has enough put aside and multiple investments. I'm sure money gonna get tight eventually, but i'd think he's good until at least trade deadline.

He’s in Philly and in his own place

Not travelling & not going out

Been paid $13+ million in last few months

It’s bs unless he’s got the most insane online spending habit ever

It’s also Simmons and nobody will ever know the real story
art_tatum
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,109

Post#1051 » by art_tatum » Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:52 am

God Squad wrote:

Now

Having money in investments isn't part of your cash flow unless it generates passive income. I'm sure most of his money is tied up to property that's not rented or stocks/other investments. I doubt it's passive income where it goes directly to his bank. It's more like increasing value.

So i can believe he has a cash flow issue. No one should be keeping a million or more in their banks just sitting there. No matter how rich you are (unless it's off shore)

So he's gonna have to sell some stocks/get investment return, or go back to the team for that cash money.
Nuntius
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1052 » by Nuntius » Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:40 am

dhsilv2 wrote:Well guys who can do both are going to cost more than 10 million a year.

Agreed.

dhsilv2 wrote:Green does neither though. He's a floor spacer which works with Embiid, but clearly he was an ideal fit next to Simmons.

I do not quite see why he is a better fit with Simmons than he is with Embiid. I think that he is a pretty great fit next to either of the two but to each their own.
Mankind..."

- Agalloch
dhsilv2
RealGM

Post#1053 » by dhsilv2 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:41 am

Nuntius wrote:
dhsilv2 wrote:Well guys who can do both are going to cost more than 10 million a year.

Agreed.

dhsilv2 wrote:Green does neither though. He's a floor spacer which works with Embiid, but clearly he was an ideal fit next to Simmons.

I do not quite see why he is a better fit with Simmons than he is with Embiid. I think that he is a pretty great fit next to either of the two but to each their own.

Elite passers are better with shooters who know how to move without the ball. Greens off ball movement doesn't have nearly the same synergy with Embiid.
Nuntius
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1054 » by Nuntius » Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:36 pm

dhsilv2 wrote:
Nuntius wrote:

Agreed.

Elite passers are better with shooters who know how to move without the ball. Greens off ball movement doesn't have nearly the same synergy with Embiid.

Sure but Ben's lack of scoring threat in the halfcourt greatly diminishes his gravity and thus his passing ability cannot be leveraged to its full potential. On the other hand, Embiid is such a threat to score that passing windows will naturally open up to him as teams pretty much have to double him down low. That enables shooters like Danny Green who play next to him.
Mankind..."

- Agalloch
Nate505
RealGM
And1: 11,726

Post#1055 » by Nate505 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:33 pm

Now

Can't be true. He's an initial investor in Clan Frito Burrito!
srhcan
Starter
And1: 1,550

Post#1056 » by srhcan » Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:58 pm

Nuntius wrote:

4 years ago yes but he is continuing decline; even when he won chip with Raptors he was pretty bad in most playoff games
Takingbaconback
Head Coach
And1: 2,582

Post#1057 » by Takingbaconback » Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:03 pm

I don't get why he doesn't just play. Simmons would help his trade value greatly by playing in the regular season. It's a huge mistake not showing up in the first half of the season.
Nuntius
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1058 » by Nuntius » Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:17 pm

srhcan wrote:
Nuntius wrote:

4 years ago yes but he is continuing decline; even when he won chip with Raptors he was pretty bad in most playoff games

Yeah, he is at a point now where he's declining but teams with championship aspirations (like the Sixers) highly value experience and Green has that in spades.
Mankind..."

- Agalloch
rzzzzz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,693

Post#1059 » by rzzzzz » Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:20 pm

Takingbaconback wrote:I don't get why he doesn't just play. Simmons would help his trade value greatly by playing in the regular season. It's a huge mistake not showing up in the first half of the season.

Incredibly stubborn and self-centered.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,813

Post#1060 » by Texas Chuck » Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:21 pm

srhcan wrote:
Nuntius wrote:

He wasn't bad for Toronto in the playoffs actually. He just didn't shoot consistently and even with that it was only the Bucks series he shot poorly in. He was fine in the other series. But he was still a strong plus on the court because teams still respected his shot which meant they guarded him so he provided spacing even in the Bucks series and while not quite the defender he was at 26, still a good smart defensive player who doesn't make mistakes.

He's still a useful player.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.

Return to The General Board