Lebron fouls Stewart, leading to Altercation Pt. Duex

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

Did Lebron intentionally hit Stewart?

Yes
82%
No
12%
I am still doing research
6%

Total votes: 428

logical_art
RealGM
And1: 3,671

Re: BREAKING Stewart Hit, Bleeds & Goes Wild; Lebron EJECTED for 2nd Time 

Post#121 » by logical_art » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:26 am

fpzark wrote:
NRSV wrote:LeBron is an old, weak bitch.

Very constructive.

What are we trying to construct here on a sports fan message board?
Up-And-Coming
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,706

Re: Lebron fouls Stewart, leading to Altercation Pt. Duex 

Post#122 » by Up-And-Coming » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:27 am

My prediction is Lebron gets suspended 1 game and Stewart gets suspended 3
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,356

Post#123 » by kodo » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:27 am

I think the craziest part is that he runs into the tunnel and tries to come out the other side to flank the Lakers. They had to warn the Lakers to watch out for him.

Mogolo
Sophomore
And1: 122

Post#124 » by Mogolo » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:27 am

logical_art wrote:
fpzark wrote:

Very constructive.

just how much of an old weak bitch Lebron is I guess lol
Tracymcgoaty
RealGM
And1: 16,349

Post#125 » by Tracymcgoaty » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:28 am

Ill News wrote:
hisairness wrote:Wonder if the sight of his own blood made Stewart snap, because he had an opening to retaliate but he didn't.

Bruce did it better. He tasted his own blood and just annihilated HAN!
Raul
“The other day I saw one of his games. He was running with the ball at a hundred per cent full speed, I don’t know how many touches he took, maybe five or six, but the ball was glued to his foot. It’s practically impossible.”
NyKnicks1714
RealGM
And1: 25,134

Post#126 » by NyKnicks1714 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:28 am

logical_art wrote:
fpzark wrote:

Very constructive.

Basketball discussion that's at least decent in quality
DTP
General Manager
And1: 6,765

Post#127 » by DTP » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:28 am

DoctorX wrote:
DTP wrote:Stewart prides himself on being "physical" every night which is why he's constantly in these little hold me back moments....was in one a week ago with Blake. Dude is always the common denominator and you can even tell by the reaction of his teammates sometimes its like "here we go again".... Pistons fans love it for some reason because its the "bad boys again" but its really just bush league at this point.....play basketball man. Even I'm tired of it, as a Pistons fan.

I am always a LeBron fan....these are literally teams 1 & 2 for me so I don't really have much of a bias besides the fact that Pistons fans overrate Stewart so much and I get annoyed with it. If you look at the zoomed in camera angles from the very beginning....that's not a box out. It's Stewart pushing Lebron, trying to be really physical and I imagine this was the case probably all night. LeBron got irritated and pulled his arm away hitting him in the eye. Do I think LeBron meant to make contact? Probably....it was sending a message of get off me dude. It literally happens almost like every possession in EVERY GAME. It got him in the eye though, which caused the blood and LeBron immediately said my bad dude because I don't think he meant to do that.

Isaiah was face to face with LeBron before everyone got in between and he was nowhere as animated as he was once there was assistant coaches, players, security in between them all. If he really wanted a fight, he had the opportunity for one.....enough of the hold me back crap, he just looked like an idiot. People in this thread saying LeBron isn't a fighter and so on....damn right he isn't, why would he? This dude is a billionaire, got bigger things to worry about than getting into a fight with freaking Isaiah Stewart. It ain't worth his time or money.

Without the overreaction this is a flagrant 1 (Maybe flagrant 2 because of the blood) and we get back to playing basketball. Stewart should be suspended imo but not LeBron. What LeBron did happens every single possession (the swipe away - not the catching him in the brow).

You could have at least called me out by my name. Secondly Lebron not fighting has nothing to do with him being a billionaire. That's a terrible take. It has more to do with him knowing that he is protected and can throw cheap shots and not have to worry about facing retaliation. He has a history of doing these type of things and having guys do his dirty work for him. Also if Lebron had better things to worry about then fighting with Isaiah then why did he throw a punch in his face?

Even though the league has made the game less physical with the rule changes I would say basketball is still a physical game in the paint. I don't care how physical Isaiah is as long as it's not dirty aka Karl Malone style basketball then it's fine. If other guys hate it then they shouldn't play. Simple as that don't play the game then. You got to accept the physical part of the game.

I wasn't coming directly at you....I said people because I've seen it in multiple posts. This is the internet my guy, I promise I'm not afraid to quote you.

LeBron is 37 years old, with a billion dollar brand and real things to play for (records, championship). It's not worth it getting into any petty fights with anyone in this league but especially not Isaiah freaking Stewart. LeBron is very careful about his imagine...you really think he's going to put himself in a position to be that unprofessional over a 20 year old nobody to him?

LeBron is what 19 years in? He's not a dirty dude. Did he mean to hit him? Sure. But I highly doubt he meant to hit him in the face, which is why he immediately apologized afterwards.
logical_art
RealGM
And1: 3,671

Post#128 » by logical_art » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:28 am

Mogolo wrote:
logical_art wrote:
fpzark wrote:
Very constructive.

just how much of an old weak bitch Lebron is I guess lol

I mean we're FANatics. Let's be able to be that way and talk a little **** instead of being lectured to be constructive like we're doing a school project here.
Mogolo
Sophomore

Post#129 » by Mogolo » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:29 am

Up-And-Coming wrote:My prediction is Lebron gets suspended 1 game and Stewart gets suspended 3

Lebron should get 3-5 games .. but since Lebron is Silvers bud he will prolly get a 25k fine or something
Kurt Heimlich
Head Coach
And1: 5,356

Post#130 » by Kurt Heimlich » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:30 am

righterwriter wrote:
Kurt Heimlich wrote:Lebron's fist appears to be limp/not clinched in that close up view. Looks like to me he was trying to rip his arm free and the contact directly to Stewarts face appeared incidental.

Disclosure: Not a Lebron fan at all and actively root for him to lose in actual sporting contest and not stupid wannabe outrage. But we're a society of boredom and outrage is entertainment.

No, it looked 100% to be on purpose. How many times have you seen someone getting their eye cut up on a free throw box out due to a "natural motion"?

How did it look 100% on purpose?

Look at that close up. They're locked up, Lebron pulls his arm (bent at the elbow) against Stewarts opposing force, and the angle of his momentum lines up with where Stewarts face was located. Again, open fisted with his hand clearly open through the motion. Please tell me where this "100% on purpose" intent can be seen? I'm open to interpretation if there's actual evidence beyond "well he's bleeding because of the physical interactions that occured".
Mogolo
Sophomore

Post#131 » by Mogolo » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:30 am

DTP wrote:
DoctorX wrote:
DTP wrote:Stewart prides himself on being "physical" every night which is why he's constantly in these little hold me back moments....was in one a week ago with Blake. Dude is always the common denominator and you can even tell by the reaction of his teammates sometimes its like "here we go again".... Pistons fans love it for some reason because its the "bad boys again" but its really just bush league at this point.....play basketball man. Even I'm tired of it, as a Pistons fan.

I am always a LeBron fan....these are literally teams 1 & 2 for me so I don't really have much of a bias besides the fact that Pistons fans overrate Stewart so much and I get annoyed with it. If you look at the zoomed in camera angles from the very beginning....that's not a box out. It's Stewart pushing Lebron, trying to be really physical and I imagine this was the case probably all night. LeBron got irritated and pulled his arm away hitting him in the eye. Do I think LeBron meant to make contact? Probably....it was sending a message of get off me dude. It literally happens almost like every possession in EVERY GAME. It got him in the eye though, which caused the blood and LeBron immediately said my bad dude because I don't think he meant to do that.

Isaiah was face to face with LeBron before everyone got in between and he was nowhere as animated as he was once there was assistant coaches, players, security in between them all. If he really wanted a fight, he had the opportunity for one.....enough of the hold me back crap, he just looked like an idiot. People in this thread saying LeBron isn't a fighter and so on....damn right he isn't, why would he? This dude is a billionaire, got bigger things to worry about than getting into a fight with freaking Isaiah Stewart. It ain't worth his time or money.

Without the overreaction this is a flagrant 1 (Maybe flagrant 2 because of the blood) and we get back to playing basketball. Stewart should be suspended imo but not LeBron. What LeBron did happens every single possession (the swipe away - not the catching him in the brow).

You could have at least called me out by my name. Secondly Lebron not fighting has nothing to do with him being a billionaire. That's a terrible take. It has more to do with him knowing that he is protected and can throw cheap shots and not have to worry about facing retaliation. He has a history of doing these type of things and having guys do his dirty work for him. Also if Lebron had better things to worry about then fighting with Isaiah then why did he throw a punch in his face?

Even though the league has made the game less physical with the rule changes I would say basketball is still a physical game in the paint. I don't care how physical Isaiah is as long as it's not dirty aka Karl Malone style basketball then it's fine. If other guys hate it then they shouldn't play. Simple as that don't play the game then. You got to accept the physical part of the game.

I wasn't coming directly at you....I said people because I've seen it in multiple posts. This is the internet my guy, I promise I'm not afraid to quote you.

LeBron is 37 years old, with a billion dollar brand and real things to play for (records, championship). It's not worth it getting into any petty fights with anyone in this league but especially not Isaiah freaking Stewart. LeBron is very careful about his imagine...you really think he's going to put himself in a position to be that unprofessional over a 20 year old nobody to him?

LeBron is what 19 years in? He's not a dirty dude. Did he mean to hit him? Sure. But I highly doubt he meant to hit him in the face, which is why he immediately apologized afterwards.

no he apologized so he could play it off afterwards... cause he is fake asf...Lebron looked over at Stewart and then swung biting his lips .. he knew wtf he was doing..
DaFan334
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,346

Post#132 » by DaFan334 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:31 am

Stewart apparently grew up Boxing... God, I would have paid money to see that fight actually happen.
Mogolo
Sophomore

Post#133 » by Mogolo » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:32 am

DaFan334 wrote:Stewart apparently grew up Boxing... God, I would have paid money to see that fight actually happen.

Stewart would have mopped the floor with Lebron.
DoctorX
Veteran
And1: 3,551

Post#134 » by DoctorX » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:34 am

DTP wrote:
DoctorX wrote:

You are deflecting again. Being a billionaire doesn't stop you from doing stupid things. If Lebron didn't want a fight he should have never punched Isaiah in the first place. Lebron is from the streets he knows better. He definitely knows better that if you punch someone even if you say sorry that they are going to want to fight you. He stupidly miscalculated and thought because Isaiah was some young unknown player that he wouldn't retaliate and that he could get away with it.
whitehops
General Manager
And1: 6,548

Post#135 » by whitehops » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:35 am

lebron hasn't committed a flagrant 2 foul in over 1,300 games in his career and has averaged less than 2 fouls per game in over 38 mpg. the man is always in complete control of his body and usually in control of his emotions.

but he very clearly took objection to getting pushed during the box out, looked at his target, wound up a little and squarely hit stewart in the face with a closed fist. there was no flailing or incidental contact. it was a controlled motion and, as lebron's been his entire career, in complete control of his body (see how he never lost balance?).

i'm a pistons fan but have been a huge lebron fan his entire career. he obviously has his antics (flopping, complaining, etc.) but i can't recall a time where he was blatantly dirty. there's no doubt to me that this was dirty and honestly i'm disappointed in lebron. stewart's reaction was unacceptable obviously but i somewhat understand that in the moment he wanted justice/revenge for getting intentionally punched in the face. if any of us got punched in the face how many of us would just logically think, "okay he punched me in the face, hopefully the league reviews this and punishes him accordingly"?

stewart definitely deserves a game suspension for escalating the situation and hopefully lebron gets four games, if only so no shenanigans happen when the teams play again next sunday. more realistically i just hope the league disciplines lebron appropriately, because players are in such vulnerable situations all the time every game. if you go light punishing players who take intentional cheap shots and thinly disguise them as being "basketball plays" then it could lead to more dirty plays.
DTP
General Manager
And1: 6,765

Post#136 » by DTP » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:36 am

Kurt Heimlich wrote:
righterwriter wrote:
Kurt Heimlich wrote:Lebron's fist appears to be limp/not clinched in that close up view. Looks like to me he was trying to rip his arm free and the contact directly to Stewarts face appeared incidental.

Disclosure: Not a Lebron fan at all and actively root for him to lose in actual sporting contest and not stupid wannabe outrage. But we're a society of boredom and outrage is entertainment.

No, it looked 100% to be on purpose. How many times have you seen someone getting their eye cut up on a free throw box out due to a "natural motion"?

Look at that close up. They're locked up, Lebron pulls his arm (bent at the elbow) against Stewarts opposing force, and the angle of his momentum lines up with where Stewarts face was located. Again, open fisted with his hand clearly open through the motion. Please tell me where this "100% on purpose" intent can be seen? I'm open to interpretation if there's actual evidence beyond "well he's bleeding because of the physical interactions that occured".

I also want to mention, that wasn't a box out. I've been playing basketball for 20+ years and coaching for about 12 and have never, ever taught a box like that. Stewart was point blank pushing and holding him, which is why LeBron swung away to get him off of him.

I think it was 100% intentional to hit him...I just don't think it was 100% intentional to hit him in the face or hurt him.
monopoman
RealGM
And1: 6,253

Post#137 » by monopoman » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:38 am

I have never seen someone come after LBJ that bad in a game, it looked like Stewart wanted to punch LBJ so bad. He even comes back after LBJ for a second time after slowly walking towards the bench.

LBJ deserves at least a 5 game suspension for this you can tell how badly he hurt him as Stewart bleeds from the face as it escalates.
JeepCSC
Starter
And1: 1,491

Post#138 » by JeepCSC » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:39 am

Dr Aki wrote:

That reminded me of the Play. Half expected to see Stewart running through the marching band.
Kurt Heimlich
Head Coach
And1: 5,356

Post#139 » by Kurt Heimlich » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:39 am

DTP wrote:
Kurt Heimlich wrote:
righterwriter wrote:

I also want to mention, that wasn't a box out. I've been playing basketball for 20+ years and coaching for about 12 and have never, ever taught a box like that. Stewart was point blank pushing and holding him, which is why LeBron swung away to get him off of him.

I think it was 100% intentional to hit him...I just don't think it was 100% intentional to hit him in the face or hurt him.

Now this I'm with you. Stewart was grabbing lebron on the shoulder (and I'm sure that ol dude is strong as he looks) and Lebron was trying to break him off from that hold. His face being there was not part of Lebron's intent of motion whatsoever.

Joel Embiid almost murdered Lonzo Ball throwing a hissy fit a week or two ago. These misunderstandings can be games of inches.
Jables
Analyst
And1: 2,454

Post#140 » by Jables » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:39 am

Ducklett wrote:Lebron should get 2-3 games. Stewart should get a large fine for delaying the game, maybe one game out.

I think it is funny there are posters who are basically saying you can punch people in the face as long as you check on them afterward.

Obviously I have more sympathy for Stewart but you can't just fine a guy when he kept trying to get back at him.

LeBron is always doing this **** though and getting away with it, people are blind if they don't see it. Did he even get suspended for pushing Embiid mid-air?

Return to The General Board