Lebron fouls Stewart, leading to Altercation Pt. Duex

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Did Lebron intentionally hit Stewart?

Yes
82%
No
12%
I am still doing research
6%

Total votes: 428

azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 26,400

Re: Lebron fouls Stewart, leading to Altercation Pt. Duex 

Post#41 » by azcatz11 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:24 am

art_tatum wrote:My question is (since i didn't watch the game): why did LeBron go after Stewart? Did they have an altercation or smack talking? Or was he just the one next to LeBron when he decided to do what he did from frustration /tantrum of losing.

Lebron has a history on picking fights with players he feels are “below him”
jehosafats
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,673

Post#42 » by jehosafats » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:26 am

Stewart is the bath salts rookie of the year
payton2kemp
Starter
And1: 4,245

Post#43 » by payton2kemp » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:29 am

****. Dude looks like he's on a mission.
vital_signs
Analyst
And1: 2,239

Post#44 » by vital_signs » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:30 am

"All fans stay in your seats!"

Rest of fans: Nah, it's been a minute and we could go for another one.
Inadequate perception I reckon it's from the Valium
AceMcbanon
Ballboy
And1: 27

Post#45 » by AceMcbanon » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:31 am

Oh yah this is terrible, its hard to see emotion in the NBA, I know when I get hit in the face i just turtle up untill I am safe....
Flash4thewin
RealGM
And1: 8,027

Post#46 » by Flash4thewin » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:31 am

Stewart low-key needs some therapy. Not excusing what Lebron did but dam Stewart just straight up mentally lost it with that behavior.
Meeksology
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,563

Post#47 » by Meeksology » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:32 am

It was def intentional. Lebron even looks at him before he throws the hammer fist. He should get a suspension but I doubt Silver will do anything to his golden child.

Sent from my SM-N950W using RealGM mobile app
LAL1947
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,620

Post#48 » by LAL1947 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:33 am

Cheap-shot foul by Lebron. It's kinda low to go after a young kid like that, someone who is just trying to make his way in the league through hard work and effort. The league should deal with it according to existing rules though, it's not like there haven't been worse fouls in the past.

Hope the league isn't too hard on Stewart... but he does need counseling or mentoring, to understand that reacting this way is not a good path to success.
AceMcbanon
Ballboy
And1: 27

Post#49 » by AceMcbanon » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:33 am

He didn't mentally lose it he did what any real man would do after being cheap shotted. Apparently we are all suppose to be **** now?
bbalnation
Sixth Man
And1: 954

Post#50 » by bbalnation » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:34 am

tekkon wrote:I think the overhead really says a lot. Seems like Lebron just wanted the dude to let him go and swung. Not saying it was dirty, or that he was aiming for the head, but it warrrents a suspension of a game. It was a reaction to being held.

As I said before, I echo what a lot of people are saying here. Stewart seriously needs anger management courses, that freakout was over the top. I understand being pissed, but you can tell that once that trigger was lit it wasn't going out. Felt the same way when I was growing up, counselling helped a lot.

I appreciate this sentiment more than the others in the thread. Theres been something uneasy about reading the amount of people pushing this dude to go to counseling, anger management, etc. There were constant overreactions in this one incident. And judging from his past altercations with Giannis, there's a past there too.

My uneasiness probably comes from the absence of those counseling suggestions for someone like Jokic. In the last two years, hes gone after Kanters injured shoulder, Cameron Payne, and Morris (after Morris pushed him first). Not the same at ALL. But also, Jokic clearly has been overreacting lately too.

The double standard is questionable at best, especially when we're bringing mental health services into it.
FrobeBryant
Senior
And1: 697

Post#51 » by FrobeBryant » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:34 am

LeBron took exception when Stewart locked his elbows up on the box out and he flailed his arm, which unintentionally caught Stewart’s head. It was a reckless for sure. But only reason I feel like he got kicked out was cause of the altercation and blood. Otherwise Stewart’s reaction was unhinged and should warrant at least a game or two suspension.
Schiltzenberger
Junior
And1: 394

Post#52 » by Schiltzenberger » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:37 am

I can't help but laugh at the LeBron fans saying it wasn't intentional.
It was a dirty play from LeBron, the guy is a maggot, it was blatant and obviously intentional. If I was Stewart, the next time playing LeBron I'd be taking him out with an elbow to the face.

Which is why you shouldn't be a dirty grubby player, you will always get the one person that will bring it back at you. Like if Grayson Allen gets tripped and lands on his face, it will be hilarious.

Please tone it down. Calling NBA players "maggots" is over the top and only baits other users and derails the thread. -b
art_tatum
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,108

Post#53 » by art_tatum » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:37 am

LAL1947 wrote:Cheap-shot foul by Lebron. It's kinda low to go after a young kid like that, someone who is just trying to make his way in the league through hard work and effort. The league should deal with it according to existing rules though, it's not like there haven't been worse fouls done in the past.

Hope the league isn't too hard on Stewart... but he does need counseling or mentoring, to understand that reacting this way is not a good path to success.

What's s 37 yr old guy doing sucker punching a 20 yr old in the face.
If you're frustrated he locked arms complain to the ref.
Sofia
GOTB: Mean Girls
And1: 30,881

Post#54 » by Sofia » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:38 am

azcatz11 wrote:
fpzark wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:
No one is saying it’s the UFC. I want a guy like Stewart who is passionate and gives a damn

There's passion and then there's being an unstable danger to others.

Really? Did we watch the same video? He’s not unstable at all. Dude plays with an extreme passion

Maybe not “unstable”, but his actions were definitely not measured. He wasn’t able to control himself and he comes out looking like a fool.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he got a game suspension, which I don’t think is unreasonable at all when the police are having to step out into the playing areas to provide assistance to an escalating situation.
Founder - Wembanyama GOAT club - waitlist registrations being accepted

President of the Pharmcat Fanclub
President of the GreatWhiteStiff Fanclub
Appwrangler
Junior
And1: 263

Post#55 » by Appwrangler » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:39 am

The “unintentional” comments crack me up. Lebron popped him good. Lebron has been in the league a long time and knows what he’s doing. You can say he plays dirty or he’s just a strong NBA-er, but that backfist was 100% intentional.
SlovenianDragon
Head Coach
And1: 11,073

Post#56 » by SlovenianDragon » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:40 am

Just need to post the best angle of the event... This was a closed fist strike to the face. This was on purpose and deserves suspension.

Read on Twitter

There is no he was just swiping...

There is no accidental elbow...

It is a closed fist to the face.
Meeksology
Assistant Coach

Post#57 » by Meeksology » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:40 am

FrobeBryant wrote:LeBron took exception when Stewart locked his elbows up on the box out and he flailed his arm, which unintentionally caught Stewart’s head. It was a reckless for sure. But only reason I feel like he got kicked out was cause of the altercation and blood. Otherwise Stewart’s reaction was unhinged and should warrant at least a game or two suspension.
Cmon man, I know uve seen the videos. Lebron didn't "flail" his arm. He bawled up his fist, looked at Stewart, and threw the hammer fist. His intention may not be to open him up the way he did, but there was def intent behind it.

Meeksology
Assistant Coach

Post#58 » by Meeksology » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:41 am

SlovenianDragon wrote:Just need to post the best angle of the event... This was a closed fist strike to the face. This was on purpose and deserves suspension.

Read on Twitter

There is no he was just swiping...

There is no accidental elbow...

It is a closed fist to the face.
^ THIS.

LAL1947
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,620

Post#59 » by LAL1947 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:42 am

art_tatum wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:Cheap-shot foul by Lebron. It's kinda low to go after a young kid like that, someone who is just trying to make his way in the league through hard work and effort. The league should deal with it according to existing rules though, it's not like there haven't been worse fouls done in the past.

What's s 37 yr old guy doing sucker punching a 20 yr old in the face.
If you're frustrated he locked arms complain to the ref.

I agree, that's why I said it was a cheap shot. Anyway, I'm more curious to see how the league deals with Stewart, i.e., whether they'll be lenient or throw the book at him.
DoctorX
Veteran
And1: 3,510

Post#60 » by DoctorX » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:43 am

AceMcbanon wrote:He didn't mentally lose it he did what any real man would do after being cheap shotted. Apparently we are all suppose to be pussies now?

I think most of these people who are going after Stewart have never been punched before in the face. I can say from experience that **** will make you go crazy. I have the longest fuse in the world but when I have been punched in the face I have snapped.

Return to The General Board