Lebron fouls Stewart, leading to Altercation Pt. Duex

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Did Lebron intentionally hit Stewart?

Yes
82%
No
12%
I am still doing research
6%

Total votes: 428

Fantastik_Goat
Senior
And1: 576

Re: Lebron fouls Stewart, leading to Altercation Pt. Duex 

Post#581 » by Fantastik_Goat » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:09 am

LAvision wrote:LOL @ everyone trying to downplay what Steward did, he's lucky he didn't get more games. That was embarrassing, multiple times charging and plowing through staff/coaches, luckily no one got injured.

Someone did get injured.
Curmudgeon
RealGM
And1: 21,781

Post#582 » by Curmudgeon » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:14 am

knicksNOTslick wrote:[

Both should've been suspended 2 games at least

Yes, I agree with this. LeBron got off easy (surprise!)
"Numbers lie alot. Wins and losses don't lie." - Jerry West
"You are what your record says you are."- Bill Parcells
"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit
Loaded_Hollows
Starter
And1: 3,346

Post#583 » by Loaded_Hollows » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:33 am

DTP wrote:Was listening to Sam Mitchell and Eddie Johnson on Sirius on my drive into practice this afternoon and their points were

1) Stewart started it with the unnecessary pushing towards LeBron's ribs area, especially after LeBron is just coming back from the abdominal injury. Their point was it wasn't really a basketball play, considering if he was actually going for the basketball he would've been more engaged with Jordan who was the low man, than LeBron who was the high man. 1) No one teaches boxing out by pushing/grabbing with your hands 2) so we are to believe he was only "boxing out" LeBron instead of Jordan who had inside position on him? Just completely unnecessary.

2) LeBron did intentionally hit him but they believe it was to free himself up and protect himself coming off that injury. If Stewart was making a basketball play, he head wouldn't have been that low and the slap catches him in the chest and not the face.

3) Stewart should be punished the most to protect the staff.

This is from two guys that played in the league. Can't say I disagree with them, especially since Stewart's career highlights so far are basically just his run in with guys (Blake Griffin, Dwight Howard, Giannis).

Just goes to show you that even players no longer in the league still feel the need to suck Lebron’s you know what to prosper. Kind of embarrassing actually :lol:
DTP
General Manager
And1: 6,765

Post#584 » by DTP » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:35 am

Loaded_Hollows wrote:
DTP wrote:Was listening to Sam Mitchell and Eddie Johnson on Sirius on my drive into practice this afternoon and their points were

1) Stewart started it with the unnecessary pushing towards LeBron's ribs area, especially after LeBron is just coming back from the abdominal injury. Their point was it wasn't really a basketball play, considering if he was actually going for the basketball he would've been more engaged with Jordan who was the low man, than LeBron who was the high man. 1) No one teaches boxing out by pushing/grabbing with your hands 2) so we are to believe he was only "boxing out" LeBron instead of Jordan who had inside position on him? Just completely unnecessary.

2) LeBron did intentionally hit him but they believe it was to free himself up and protect himself coming off that injury. If Stewart was making a basketball play, he head wouldn't have been that low and the slap catches him in the chest and not the face.

This is from two guys that played in the league. Can't say I disagree with them, especially since Stewart's career highlights so far are basically just his run in with guys (Blake Griffin, Dwight Howard, Giannis).

Just goes to show you that even players no longer in the league still feel the need to suck Lebron’s you know what to prosper. Kind of embarrassing actually :lol:

Where are they wrong?
DB23
Junior
And1: 393

Post#585 » by DB23 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:00 am

DTP wrote:
Loaded_Hollows wrote:

Where are they wrong?

Yep, that’s a ridiculous take.
EArl
RealGM
And1: 13,228

Post#586 » by EArl » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:02 am

2 and 1 seems about right. Maybe 1 more game for Stewart for being a jackass. I still can't believe a grown man doesnt have the composure to calm himself down. What he did was childish. I get the heat of the moment, but still trying to start a fight after its something else.
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing, Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before;
Myth
General Manager
And1: 8,426

Post#587 » by Myth » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:03 am

Apologies if this has been posted already, but here is an entertaining breakdown:
theforumblue
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,891

Post#588 » by theforumblue » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:11 am

I want to say some of you guys are absolutely ridiculous when it comes to LeBron hate.

But if it was cp3 instead of LeBron I'd probably be even worse. Carry on.
screw these absolute garbage refs
MrGoat
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,256

Post#589 » by MrGoat » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:31 am

Lakers front office going to be happy about this. Lebron's suspension is going to save them over 500k in luxury tax payments

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/lebron-james-one-game-suspension-for-clocking-isaiah-stewart-doesnt-seem-in-line-with-j-r-smith-precedent/
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,755

Post#590 » by Snakebites » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:44 am

I’ve got no problem with Stewart getting 2 games, though I am a bit disappointed that Lebron got a lesser punishment.
Lalouie
RealGM
And1: 10,047

Post#591 » by Lalouie » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:56 am

i should think suspension around the corner.

all eyes on this and favoritism is on trial, plus it led to something bigger. therefore - suspension for lebron and an even longer suspension for stewart

oops, just read above. sorry
dcstanley
Sixth Man
And1: 1,285

Post#592 » by dcstanley » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:08 am

knicksNOTslick wrote:
LAvision wrote:LOL @ everyone trying to downplay what Steward did, he's lucky he didn't get more games. That was embarrassing, multiple times charging and plowing through staff/coaches, luckily no one got injured.

No one is downplaying what Stewart did.

Should've not happened though if someone just controlled himself like the veteran that he is.

How are you gonna be the face of the league and cheap shot players like that? You should handle yourself better. Let's not downplay what Lebron did to instigate that reaction. He lost control of himself, that's why he apologized. Would've been suspended more if he wasn't a superstar.

Both should've been suspended 2 games at least

Was Lebron's hit on Stewart worse than Jokic trucking Morris from behind? Both Lebron and Jokic were acting in retaliation and both were suspended for a single game.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,555

Post#593 » by Capn'O » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:30 am

DTP wrote:
Loaded_Hollows wrote:

Where are they wrong?

They were absolutely 100% correct. The suspensions were appropriate.

And you can tell because the only rebuttal to posts like these are homophobic drivel.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks

Post#594 » by Capn'O » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:30 am

EArl wrote:2 and 1 seems about right. Maybe 1 more game for Stewart for being a jackass. I still can't believe a grown man doesnt have the composure to calm himself down. What he did was childish. I get the heat of the moment, but still trying to start a fight after its something else.

Some dudes get really freaked out when they see their own blood. I am fairly sure that's what happened there.
BAF Clippers

Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks

Post#595 » by Capn'O » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:33 am

Myth wrote:Apologies if this has been posted already, but here is an entertaining breakdown:

"LeBron decides he doesn't like it so he punches him in the face. BAM!"

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
BAF Clippers

Roddy B for 3
Analyst
And1: 1,039

Post#596 » by Roddy B for 3 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:36 am

DTP wrote:
Loaded_Hollows wrote:

Where are they wrong?

Boxing a guy out, while having your arms on there abdomin is way different than looking at someone and then punching them in the face.
-even those Lakers fans radio vouces acknowledge LeBron was hurting. The Lakers were losing, the Lakers have been losing all year, the Lakers lost in the first round last year (1st time in LeBrons career) LeBron knows he's getting older, LeBron is in physical pain.

This paints the picture of someone who is probably stressed. Add that into the physical pain of playing NBA basketball while recovering from an abba injury and it paits a picture of someone who could snap. The replay clearly shoes LeBron looking at Stewart and then putting his kuckles in Stewarts face.

Boxing out LBJ on a free throw is totally reasonable. Imo. Maybe its smarter to bixo out DJ, but, whatever, he's an NBA center boxing out the 6"9250lb forward standing right behind him.

Is it a dirty play to box a guy out now? No. Thats basketball. Putting your gandah or arms in a guys stomach while boxing out is dirty now? C'mon.

I think Stewart should get the same or less games than LBJ, but they should both get at least 7+. LBJ looked at Stewart and then hit him in the face. A GOAT athlete dosen't look at someone in the face,hit them with their hand and its just an accudent. I don't think LBJ is dirty,but that was a very cheap,dirty shot. Thefact that it happened, during a losing season, after a first round exit, while losing to a bottom feeder team against a very physical young hulk while recovering from injury, I can see why LBJ snapped (it was literally onlytwo seconds LBJ lost it, but LBJ lost his mind for those two seconds). I still love LBJ, but that was dirty and he is a 36 year old man who bloodied a teenagers face, because he was mad.

According to your post, Stewart can't box out LBJ or touch LBJ stomach during an NBA game. C'mon. When you have to reach that far you know your wrong.

I like Stewart, he's a kid. But how he behaves is how children behave (he literally is a kid though).If Stewart was late 20's acting like this, I wouldnt like him. Stewart has a great bisu for the NBA, but his athletosism isnt Special, his skill isnt Special. Unless he improves big time he might fall out of the league in a few years. He ok on defense, but fouls to much. He's passable on offense, but not "good". He gets to emotional.

All the negative to Stewart he deserves, but LBJ started it and is a full on adult, grown man late 30's punching a 20 year old.

Punching someone in the NBA should be 7+ games, imo. Stewart should get those games to, knockingbthat guy down. Like, dude your a millionaire calm the f down. What of a dumba** fan rushed the court, people could actually get hurt more than a millionaire needing 6 stiches from playing a contact sports professionally, for millions of dollars.

Both shouldve got 7+ games, LeBron more or equal than Stewart.
7/1/2019
(I broke a mirror on 7-1-2012)
art_tatum
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,091

Post#597 » by art_tatum » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:39 am

EArl wrote:2 and 1 seems about right. Maybe 1 more game for Stewart for being a jackass. I still can't believe a grown man doesnt have the composure to calm himself down. What he did was childish. I get the heat of the moment, but still trying to start a fight after its something else.

Hes 20 . He can't even drink and his brain hasn't finished developing.
What is a 37 yr old man doing sucker punching a 20 yr old bc he was mad that Stewart was fighting for a rebound?
art_tatum
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,091

Post#598 » by art_tatum » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:42 am

theforumblue wrote:I want to say some of you guys are absolutely ridiculous when it comes to LeBron hate.

It's more than balanced with the LeBron stans who can't admit he did anything wrong and that it's all accidental.

Truth is in the middle. He did it on purpose bc he was frustrated but didn't intend to make him bleed or get the eye.
But that still paints a bad picture of LeBron.
LAL1947
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,620

Post#599 » by LAL1947 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:46 am

The suspensions seem fair... although Lebron could have gotten a 2 games suspension too, if the NBA was consistent. They gave JR Smith 2 games for a similar hit on Jae Crowder.

dcstanley wrote:Was Lebron's hit on Stewart worse than Jokic trucking Morris from behind? Both Lebron and Jokic were acting in retaliation and both were suspended for a single game.

Oh stop it. You can't compare the two incidents. Lebron's hit on Stewart was unprovoked... and no, Lebron wasn't acting in retaliation, he was acting out in frustration.
DonaldSanders
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,908

Post#600 » by DonaldSanders » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:50 am

art_tatum wrote:
theforumblue wrote:I want to say some of you guys are absolutely ridiculous when it comes to LeBron hate.

It's more than balanced with the LeBron stans who can't admit he did anything wrong and that it's all accidental.

Truth is in the middle. He did it on purpose bc he was frustrated but didn't intend to make him bleed or get the eye.
But that still paints a bad picture of LeBron.

Yeah that's where I see this. LeBron did want to give him a hit, but he did not mean to hit him in the eye.

I do think that Pistons fans are under-selling the gravity of what Stewart did -- that was the type of altercation to potentially get fans involved/cause some kind of wild melee. I understood his initial reaction a lot more, but he just never cools down. That second surge where he tries to re-start the fight through like 50 people is absolutely unhinged anger, he's then even fighting off people on his side on the way to the locker room.

What LeBron did was dangerous to one player, what Stewart did was potentially dangerous for the entire arena so I understand why he got a longer suspension + fine. If you add up the money Stewart is losing it is over 1/3 of what he is making this year. I think something like 2 games for LeBron and 4 for Stewart would be more appropriate.

Return to The General Board