Lebron fouls Stewart, leading to Altercation Pt. Duex

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Did Lebron intentionally hit Stewart?

Yes
82%
No
12%
I am still doing research
6%

Total votes: 428

CptCrunch
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,364

Re: Lebron fouls Stewart, leading to Altercation Pt. Duex 

Post#61 » by CptCrunch » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:43 am

To me, Lebron deserves 3 games for that punch.

Stewart deserves a game for the follow up escalation.

Of course knowing the league, LeBron is gonna get a game, Stewart is gonna get like 5 game suspension for the follow up.
tysanity
Freshman
And1: 113

Post#62 » by tysanity » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:45 am

Anyone who thinks that Stewart overreact must live in a bubble.

Cant wait for the next meeting.

Sent from my SM-G975F using RealGM mobile app
KrAzY3
Starter
And1: 2,527

Post#63 » by KrAzY3 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:48 am

You see LeBron wind up. It was a malicious act and I get why Stewart got so mad. You can't be going at people's heads like that. You wind up and split a guy's head open of course he's going to be mad.
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,557

Post#64 » by Profound23 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:51 am

KrAzY3 wrote:You see LeBron wind up. It was a malicious act and I get why Stewart got so mad. You can't be going at people's heads like that. You wind up and split a guy's head open of course he's going to be mad.

Yeah, at first look I thought it was accidental.

After seeing a closer angle, no he was frustrated and lashed out.....probably didn't expect to connect so well. You don't do something like that then hide behind the refs.
SichtingLives
RealGM
And1: 25,446

Post#65 » by SichtingLives » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:51 am

Someone needs to have the talk with Bron bout hangin em up. Starting to become hard to tell him apart from Udonis Haslem. Only good for a cheap goon foul. rip king it was good while it lasted
10 miles through the snow uphill both ways
DoctorX
Veteran
And1: 3,510

Post#66 » by DoctorX » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:52 am

I was reading 3 ring circus a few months ago. For those of you who don't know what the book is it's about the Kobe-Shaq Lakers from '96-'04. There is an excerpt about the time where Shaq confronted Greg Ostertag before the tip off of a 97 preseason game. I'm paraphrasing what the book said but it's quoted Shaq came up to Rick Fox and said "Hey Rick watch this." Shaq then proceeds to confront Ostertag and let him know that he's not going to tolerate Ostertag talking trash about him. Ostertag then tells Shaq to F off and Shaq proceeds to b---tch slap him hard in the face. Ostertag falls to the ground and lays in pain and doesn't do anything. Shaq says "Rick that was easy just like I thought." This incident pretty much defined all of Osterag's career. He was branded weak for not fighting back. Karl Malone even talked about it a year ago how Ostertag was never the same again afterwards.

If you don't stand up for yourself you are going to be branded as a punk in this league. Guys are just not going to respect you. Stewart had no choice but to stand up for himself because if he didn't it makes him an easy mark for others to come after him. It can also effect his confidence going forward like it did to Ostertag.
JShuttlesworth
General Manager
And1: 12,846

Post#67 » by JShuttlesworth » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:53 am

I thought Lebron did it on purpose, and instantly regretted it type of thing. You could tell Lebron didn't want any part of it afterwards, and obviously Stewart is a beast. I can understand why he reacted the way he did initially, but he should have walked away without charging back again.

The next matchup will be fun to see
art_tatum
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,109

Post#68 » by art_tatum » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:54 am

Stewart's teammates should've backed him up and thrown punches. Maybe in another era. At least foul LeBron hard next game.
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,048

Post#69 » by bstein14 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:56 am

Stewart plays hard physical basketball. He's constantly fighting for position and battling for rebounds. He gets a lot of fouls called on him. That said, certain NBA players don't like to play against that. Blake didn't like rookie Stewart being physical with him in practice and you can see they have an issue with one another. Giannis didn't like Stewart playing physical against him either. Stewart isn't playing dirty or cheap shotting people but he is making sure you feel him and feel it the next day.

That said, LeBron was frustrated the Pistons were blowing them out and frustrating with the way Stewart was being physical with him and AD and LeBron closed that fist and landed one hard right above his eye. There is zero doubt about LeBron's intent there. It's not a natural basketball movement to close a fist and swing your arm like that into the face area of an opponent.

Of course Stewart didn't handle it well either and completely lost his cool. He went off the rails shoving like 20 of his teammates and Pistons staff member's wanting to go after LeBron. I'm sure Pistons GM, coaching staff, players will all talk with him but that doesn't mean this is over. Playing again in a week I can also see how it plays out. Lakers flop/exaggerate contact and Stewart gets into foul trouble and frustrated. Then one of these guys drops a hard foul on the other and its on once again. Best case for the league might be for one of these guys not to play in a week.

That said, the NBA needs to show that the rules are the rules for anyone and both players should likely get at least a one game suspension, but LeBron likely deserves two for landing that punch and opening Stewart up like that. If not it sets a dangerous precedent for how you can swing your fist at someone's face on a box out.
Tracymcgoaty
RealGM
And1: 16,227

Post#70 » by Tracymcgoaty » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:56 am

SlovenianDragon wrote:Just need to post the best angle of the event... This was a closed fist strike to the face. This was on purpose and deserves suspension.

Read on Twitter

There is no he was just swiping...

There is no accidental elbow...

It is a closed fist to the face.

Looked like he was frustrated with Stewarts arm and flailed his arms to take it away accidentally hitting him at the top of the eye. What it looked like to me at least when i freeze the video.
Raul
“The other day I saw one of his games. He was running with the ball at a hundred per cent full speed, I don’t know how many touches he took, maybe five or six, but the ball was glued to his foot. It’s practically impossible.”
Meeksology
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,585

Post#71 » by Meeksology » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:57 am

art_tatum wrote:Stewart's teammates should've backed him up and thrown punches. Maybe in another era. At least foul LeBron hard next game.
Somethings gonna happen next game. If I'm lebron I'm hitting up Stewart and genuinely apologizing. It could get ugly.

Sent from my SM-N950W using RealGM mobile app
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,048

Post#72 » by bstein14 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:57 am

JShuttlesworth wrote:I thought Lebron did it on purpose, and instantly regretted it type of thing. You could tell Lebron didn't want any part of it afterwards, and obviously Stewart is a beast. I can understand why he reacted the way he did initially, but he should have walked away without charging back again.

The next matchup will be fun to see

Yup 100% he was frustrated and meant to give him a shot to the face but I'm sure didn't want to open him up like that. I think once he saw the blood pouring out he just wanted to get out of there. It will be interesting to see if he addresses in on social media... I'm sure his "team" is deciding what to post or whether to post right now.
Liqourish
RealGM
And1: 2,245

Post#73 » by Liqourish » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:57 am

art_tatum wrote:Stewart's teammates should've backed him up and thrown punches. Maybe in another era. At least foul LeBron hard next game.

I think Cade going after Stewart and keeping him from making the situation worse was the best thing that could be done.
lamscott
Analyst
And1: 3,036

Post#74 » by lamscott » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:58 am

That Lebron movement was with intent. Especially with a closed fist. He didn't think he would get Stewart's face, but he did. This is coming from a Laker and Lebron fan. Stewart deserved to punch Lebron in the face.
Meeksology
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,585

Post#75 » by Meeksology » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:59 am

Liqourish wrote:

I think Cade going after Stewart and keeping him from making the situation worse was the best thing that could be done.
Loved seeing that from a rookie. Gained more respect for cade.

Sent from my SM-N950W using RealGM mobile app
SlovenianDragon
Head Coach
And1: 11,089

Post#76 » by SlovenianDragon » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:00 am

Tracymcgoaty wrote:
SlovenianDragon wrote:Just need to post the best angle of the event... This was a closed fist strike to the face. This was on purpose and deserves suspension.

Read on Twitter

Looked like he was frustrated with Stewarts arm and flailed his arms to take it away accidentally hitting him at the top of the eye. What it looked like to me at least when i freeze the video.

There is a difference between flailing your arms and closing your fist winding up and smacking some1 in the face.

There is no accident.
Mamba81p
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,204

Post#77 » by Mamba81p » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:01 am

Tracymcgoaty wrote:

Read on Twitter

His fist was closed. That is a proof it wasn't accidental.
Tracymcgoaty
RealGM
And1: 16,227

Post#78 » by Tracymcgoaty » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:03 am

Mamba81p wrote:
Tracymcgoaty wrote:

Read on Twitter

His fist was closed. That is a proof it wasn't accidental.

Looked like it to me at least. Either way reckless.
Raul
“The other day I saw one of his games. He was running with the ball at a hundred per cent full speed, I don’t know how many touches he took, maybe five or six, but the ball was glued to his foot. It’s practically impossible.”
Sothron
Head Coach
And1: 3,262

Post#79 » by Sothron » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:04 am

Lebron should get at least a five game suspension. Watch the slow mo replays of it. Lebron deliberately balled up and struck Stewart as hard as he could to the side of his face. Dirty, malicious and cowardly. Stewart had every right to beat Lebron's ass right then and there.
art_tatum
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,109

Post#80 » by art_tatum » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:04 am

Liqourish wrote:

I mean that's the best decision. And Stewart shouldn't have done what he did either. LeBron was smart to run away. It's not worth it.

But at the same time. The urge to get equal pay for a sucker punch is strong and understandable. Might be called toxic masculinity but those are the ideas of fairness/honor etc we grew up with on the playground.

Return to The General Board